Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 673 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-26-2011, 08:47 AM   #2026
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua's Rhapsody View Post
Is it possible to merge this post with my previous Epic cosplay rating? It is a follow-up.

I would like to change their rating to a solid B.
It would be great if you could edit your original review to include this post and the new grade so the listing only need link to one place for the whole story.
Updated with the new grade!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-26-2011, 09:12 AM   #2027
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Sorry for the delay! Finally settled into the new apartment, and updated!

The 'C' section is giving me character limit drama again, so I wanted to run something by the regulars:

Admin stopped replying to my PMs months ago, me asking about the character limitless first-post we were promised last year. If anyone else wants to give him a prod I'd appreciate it, because I'm out of posts on the first page and things are going to get real aesthetically displeasing real soon.

Considering ways to handle it myself (outside of going back in time and reserving every post on the first page like I should have, doh) I thought about pulling every listing with only one review and copy-pasting them in my "Updated!" posts anew with each update. Would free up much needed first-page space and still keep them in the public eye without penalizing them for being lesser known. And then move them back once they get another review, of course.

Would love to hear if I'm missing a more obvious solution. Hate opening things up to more opportunities for human error, but gotta work with what's here.
Unread 04-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #2028
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Humm... possibly make a new post with a directory all to itself and ask for that to be stickied? I could easily see dumb people spamming it, though, which would be a huge pain...

EDIT: By which I mean make a new post that is JUST a directory, and keep this thread for people to continue submitting their reviews- sort of the way the Cosworx Wigs In Action thread works.
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA

Last edited by Kitsoru : 04-26-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #2029
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
Sorry for the delay! Finally settled into the new apartment, and updated!

The 'C' section is giving me character limit drama again, so I wanted to run something by the regulars:

Admin stopped replying to my PMs months ago, me asking about the character limitless first-post we were promised last year. If anyone else wants to give him a prod I'd appreciate it, because I'm out of posts on the first page and things are going to get real aesthetically displeasing real soon.

Considering ways to handle it myself (outside of going back in time and reserving every post on the first page like I should have, doh) I thought about pulling every listing with only one review and copy-pasting them in my "Updated!" posts anew with each update. Would free up much needed first-page space and still keep them in the public eye without penalizing them for being lesser known. And then move them back once they get another review, of course.

Would love to hear if I'm missing a more obvious solution. Hate opening things up to more opportunities for human error, but gotta work with what's here.
I suggest just making more sections.

See C-E
and
F-M Below
and
N-Z Below

Instead, make it

See C-D
and
E-F Below
and
G-L Below
and
M-Z Below

Move the posts to a new post. Since if they click it, they'll be brought to a new page anyways.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 06:05 PM   #2030
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Suggest making an additional directory thread that links to reviews in this thread ~ kind of like what I've done on the Layers tutorial pages. Then request that directory be stickied and continue to use this thread to post new reviews.

Just allot about two pages to yourself with placeholder spots and then expand onto them as you need.

It's a good deal of work, but since you have the links all collected, it would be mostly a copy-paste job.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #2031
cinnabubbles
Sugar and Rainbows

Name of Commissioner: CosplayMagic
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplaymagic.com
Character commissioned and series/video game: Oerba Dia Vanille (FF13) Full Costume
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item http://www.cosplaymagic.com/fifaxi13oedi.html

Worn 001 - June 2012

Worn 002 - June 2013

Timeline (how long your order took to process):

Ordered: April 17th
Shipped: April 25th
Received: April 26th

Describe your Experience

Pros: Fast shipping, no issues with that

Cons: The site says 'usually ships next business day', be wary of this as you can see by my timeline. If you're in a pinch, I wouldn't expect to looking for your package the next day you ordered from. I'm sure they have to pick from their warehouse and then pack it up and send, however it is a bit of a false hope statement there. Nothing negative at all, just stating an opinion.

HOLY TYING THINGS BATMAN. The skirt, beading for the skirt, faux fur 'butt cape', bag, belt, pink sash, and even the leather part that goes over the faux fur are all separate pieces as seen here and I had to take at least 10-15 minutes tying everything on... I'm going to ask my friend's mom if it is possible to sew the pleather piece to the faux fur so that's at least one piece....

The necklace is attached to the top, and the back beading then snaps on from the back. This would make getting dressed at the con very frustrating if you do not have help. I am disabled, so i can't get my arms back far enough to secure the back beading to the necklace.

Side Comments: I ordered a Small, thinking I could get away with it from the measurement chart. Unfortunately even with my knowledge of my measurements to the best of my ability (I'm not sewing savvy so I don't know the first thing about it, I'll tell you, so I was trying to go by my normal ol' clothes...) It ended up being way too big. I almost went for the Medium too, imagine that if I did! -laughs- Anyway, it is not CM's fault at all but mine. Also, my friend's mom knows how to alter so all hope is not lost!

I will update this thread with possession photos once the alterations are done, if I put it on and took photos now, I'd be falling out all over the place.

Final Grade: B-

Last edited by cinnabubbles : 04-14-2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: -finally- adding photos
cinnabubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #2032
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!

I do like the idea of a whole thread dedicated to the list, but I don't have the panel for locking and unlocking threads and it would be pretty impossible to keep confused people out of it.

Maybe saving the first two pages, like mentioned, and then have everyone start posting reviews in the new thread with all the old ones linking back to this one? I'm not sure if this thread will disappear if it goes unused or what.

I'll PM the powers that be about getting a replacement thread stickied and if I haven't heard anything in a week or so I'll go ahead and make it anyway. They'll figure it out when it shows up in the forum, I guess.

Thanks for the ideas!
Unread 04-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #2033
Winterhart

Name of Commissioner Naomi Cosplay
Website/C.com gallery http://www.naomicosplay.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) I commissioned a full costume of Himura Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin. This included tabi socks and a pair of zori sandals.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item http://www.naomicosplay.com/cosplayimage/kenshin1.htm
Timeline (how long your order took to process) March 10th-April 27th (also a note here my date needed when ordering was may 15th)
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. I found them very friendly and easy to work with. They answered any questions I had and offered input where they thought improvement might be needed on the costume. I was able to get in progress shots while they were making it, which was nice to see. Above all emails and conversation were answered very promptly. Just got the costume in the mail yesterday work is very professional and I can't seem to find any faults in it.
Final Grade: A+

Last edited by Winterhart : 04-30-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: received costume
Winterhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #2034
evaunit01berser
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunabozu_86 View Post
FM-anime.com/Venus

Character commissioned and series/video game America from Hetalia axis powers revolutionary war variant

15-25 day order took two months

I ordered a revolutionary war variant of Hetalia's America from fm-anime from a friend who is a experienced cosplayer. Liked the price of it at the time and I figured I'd give her a go so I ordered it hoping it get here by a con that was coming up....no dice folks my cosplay came after 2 months after ordering it. Communication was somewhat sluggish, I had to have a friend find for me a alternate way to get ahold of her. She was nice though and put my head at ease times I asked about the cosplay. When it finally got here, I loved the quality, but putting it on...IT WAS SMALL ON ME! due to the wrong measurements I gave. Only got one message and no help with my cosplay top (cosplay only came with the top, no pants) and now currently stuck with a small cosplay i'm trying to sell. FM-anime.com I won't go back to.

Final Grade: D
I hope the small size did not play a part in that grade
Unread 04-27-2011, 11:16 PM   #2035
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
Maybe saving the first two pages, like mentioned, and then have everyone start posting reviews in the new thread with all the old ones linking back to this one? I'm not sure if this thread will disappear if it goes unused or what.
I think letting this thread fall out of disuse would make it so people didn't check it anymore, though, which is why I think using this to continue compiling reviews and the new post as just a directory would work best.. But yeah, it depends on how the mods react to keeping the threads clean, I guess, since only they can do so.
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 05:54 AM   #2036
KittyVinVin
Flame_Alchemist2002

Name of Merchant: 1987csddlink
Item purchased: Organization XIII Jacket
Links to pictures of item: Will put a photo when I get one of it
Timeline: Ordered it early February...didn't even receive it until mid-April

Pros: The jacket is amazing. The materials used make the jacket look just like the ones from the game, they included gloves, and a chain for the jacket as well. The seller went out of his way to fix problems that occurred during the process. Seller doesn't charge for the custom-made option for their costumes.

Cons: ...Where do I start? I ordered my item early February (before the 9th). I was told I would receive an email when my item is finished and shipped out. It was supposed to be here mid-March. After receiving no email, I contacted them via email and no one ever responded to me. I finally decided to go check with their live chat people (which were VERY helpful...totally faster than email for sure). I was told it was being finished and going to be sent out next week. Next week finally arrived and no email. I contacted them again, and they said to me "Didn't you receive it yet?" That just troubled me. They couldn't find where it was, they couldn't find a tracking number that was supposed to be given to me, they never emailed me anything, and overall...this was making me frustrated. They told me "It will take time to find it, we'll give you an email tomorrow" .....5 days later and no email. Had to wait patiently for a live chat person only for them to tell me "Didn't you get the email?..Well your costume got lost somewhere." ........Yeah, lost. The only positive here is that they DID remake the whole costume right away and sent it EMS instead of regular shipping. The seller DID go out of his way to get me my costume after everything messed up, so I thank him for that. The lack of information though was frustrating.

Final Comments: A wonderful jacket that was worth the wait.

Final Grade: B+
KittyVinVin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:04 PM   #2037
Tizt

Name of Commissioner: The Hag
Website/C.com gallery
Coscom: http://www.cosplay.com/member/72984
Character commissioned and series/video game: I commissioned two Dalton Academy (Glee) patches
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://tinypic.com/r/102w8qv/7
Timeline (how long your order took to process) I contacted her Febuary 25th, and received the patches in the mail today (April 28th). But I don't need them until August, so I let her take her time, and she stated she had a few trips to make.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Pros: I am very happy with my patches! They're exactly how I thought they'd turn out. Communication was very easy, shipping was cheap, and everything was simple (yet thorough!). I was very at ease when ordering.
Cons: There were a few design alterations, since the equipment didn't have the ability to create some of the elements in the original design. But these were discussed, so it was nothing I wasn't aware of.
Final Grade: A+
Tizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 07:24 AM   #2038
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 04-29-2011, 01:03 PM   #2039
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky☆Milky View Post
Name of Merchant - FANTASY SHEEP
Website - http://stores.ebay.com/FANTASY-SHEEP-COSWIG-LAND
Item purchased (please include quantity) - One Vanille wig
Links to picture(s) of your received item - click
Timeline (how long your order took to process) - about 2 months
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. - I ordered the wig December 26th, it shipped the 31st. I received an email confirmation, with a blank space where a tracking number should have been. I emailed her about it, but no response. I waited until about the beginning of February and that was when she finally responded (after abour 4 or 5 emails - she only ever responded to the ebay claim) I got my money back hassle free. The wig actually arrived while I was at Katsucon. The wig itself is good quality,but the color is way off from the photo on both her ebay and taobao accounts.
Final Grade: C
^If I'm allowed to make a note on that...

Fantasy Sheep's email account has a weird spam filter. So some email addresses go right to their spam box. They weren't trying to ignore you or anything at all, your email probably just got spam filtered. I think this happens with all Hotmail accounts and some yahoo ones. I could be wrong on the specifics, though.

This is a known problem. They usually do respond within a day or two to emails, and are very helpful. As long as you don't get stuck with their spam filter xDD;;

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #2040
MermaidRizu
Mermaid Princess

Name of Commissioner: scrubster

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/47509

Character commissioned and series/video game: Zero Suit Samus' Pistol

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None at the moment

Timeline: 1/22/11 to 4/29/11

Describe your Experience: I originally placed an ad in the marketplace wanting Zero Suit Samus' outfit made. The person I commissioned that from (Xul-san) scammed me, but that's another story. Anyway, scrubster messaged me and asked if I would like the pistol made as well. I hadn't actually thought about it, but he told me it would end up being around $20, which seemed very reasonable to me, and since I'm all for accuracy in cosplay, I decided to accept his offer. Communication was a little bit slow, but I hadn't given him a specific date that I wanted it to be finished by, so I had no problem waiting. And I am very happy that I waited! ^^ I just received it today, and it is very sturdy and well made! I'm impressed and very happy with it! Now I just have to figure out how to get the costume to go with it, without getting scammed again. XD;

Final Grade: A
MermaidRizu is offline   Reply With Quote