Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1182 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #2041
doxiequeen1

Name of Commissioner:Cosplayying
Website/C.com gallery:http://stores.ebay.com/Cosplayying
Character commissioned:Shuffle! Summer Uniform, included hat, shirt, bow, and skirt.
Picture: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2910460/ *LOT'S* more throughout review!
Timeline: I ordered it on April 4th, paid for it and sent my measurements in the same night, I got a response within 48 hours saying my costume would be started on. Just a note, the message was in clear English, it wasn't something fed through google translate. My costume was shipped on April 18th and arrived on April 23rd.

I'm just going to start by saying everything about this is amazingly, professionally made, despite the fitting issue, the seams are finished, and worth much more then the $70 I paid.

I finally got some money and was browsing around places for a good Shuffle! uniform, the best one appeared to be from hellocosplay- but after hearing a half dozen awful reviews about them I decided to turn elsewhere. Cosplayying provided the second best option- though I was really worried since half their stuff looks party store quality and like illfitting tents. But the reviews for them were really good, so I risked it.

The costume came in a thick brown envelope, once the package was opened the costume was sealed in a plastic. I was very pleased to see the costume was completely unwrinkled! The fabric is a substantially thick uniform cloth, the brown is thicker then the white for some reason, this isn't really a problem since the skirt is pleated and several layers thick, but if the entire top was white I would have to wear something underneath it.

The costume consists of Four pieces, the top/vest, skirt, bow, and hat. The original listing didn't mention including the hat, so that was a happy surprise despite the hat having serious issues. I'll talk about each item individually since I have quite a bit to say.

Skirt
The skirt is spectacularly made, the pleats are very sharp and stay put- which is marvelous since I despise ironing. It has an invisible zipper that is about 7" in the back, and then a large *hidden* metal closure (similar to a bra closure...but larger and metal) it's very well sewn and stays put. The skirt fit's me PERFECTLY around the waist, but could also fit someone a good 5" larger then me due to about 6" of elastic put on each side. I thought this was a nice touch. The brown lines on the skirt are really well done, and aren't ribbon but strips cut and folded from the same brown material used for the shirt/vest. I really like this ^^

But of course- their is a problem The skirt is much to long, I DID send in the right measurement- and then they added 4 inches :s Luckily the waist band can easily be rolled to shorten it. It's just annoying. Sorry, shitty picture.

Ugh, this top is very, very strange. The vest and the sleeve/undershirt are all one, which I guess is a good way of doing it, but I wasn't really expecting it. The problem is the fit, for starters it's too short, which makes me sad, but I can deal it it. The bigger issue is it doesn't fit me right in the shoulders :s they didn't ask for a shoulder measurement-and I guess they decided to make it huge? :s I was practically crying about this at first- but I guess it looks *fine*...but I'm still upset about it. I ended up padding my bra, (lolXD) which helped a bit- but it's not a problem in the bust, it's a shoulder issue.

My biggest peeve are the sleeves...they just don't poof enough, are kinda see through, and inaccurate to the original design None of these were obvious in the stock pictures. ~sleeve picture~

The back has a working buckle so it's easily adjustable, the smallest setting fits me really nicely, but it could easily fit someone a good 4-5" larger then me. Since I am on the smallest setting it kinda looks weird in the back, their's a random "poof" which can kinda be seen here. Oh, random, but, the collar has stiffening in it

Bow & Hat

The hat was unexpected, the add mentioned nothing about the Summer uniform coming with a hat- and the hat is pretty pathetically horrible to be honest. It's supposed to be a beret, but isn't large enough to have ANY poof and is to small to fit on my head properly. But I don't plan on using it anyway, so that's OKAY.

The bow is just...bleh, i'm disappointed. It's not made the same way they are in Shuffle! which wouldn't be the biggest deal- but the bow is made of a WRONG (different then pictured in add) much brighter yellow, and in addition to that, it's satin! (Ew, shiny) the worst of it might be that they used a tiny safety pin to hold it onto the uniform. ~picture~

Final Comments:
I really don't think this was made specifically to the measurements I provided, and they were the right measurements! My mother took them twice, and she used to be a seamstress (thus knows how to measure people...)

Final Grade: B, I wish I could give them an A because I love this costume, but their is a lot wrong with the fit despite me giving them the proper measurements.

(Ugh, links failed, I'll fix that tomorrow >.<)

Last edited by doxiequeen1 : 05-01-2011 at 10:47 AM.
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #2042
HEYOashley
Cosplaying again

Name of Commissioner: Classe
Website/C.com gallery: classewig.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Highschool of the Dead, Saeko wig
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: N/A at the moment, but exactly as pictured.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): was purchased through someone else, but classe was very fast to update and deliver the package. From Japan to the states it took about two weeks, maybe less to arrive, which is completely understandable and perfect.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: I adore this wig. It is really well-packaged and little to no tangles when first opened. Beautiful and vibrant colors, styles nicely.
Final Grade: A+

Current Projects
Filia 0%
Fantisma: 10%
Tsubasa's School Outfit: 10%
Kneesocks: 10%
HEYOashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #2043
ShyShy
The sky is not the limit.

Name of Commissioner: Scrubster

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/47509/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Taokaka (BlazBlue) Mask / Prop

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: will upload later /islazy

Timeline: Don't remember... I think a little over a month?

Scrubster offered to make this prop for free because of a minor problem (long story). I needed it before April 22, but it arrived today, but that doesn't really bother me. I didn't think he would make it since April passed and he hasn't been on his account for a long time. But today my grandma told me I had a package and I was like 'lolwut I didn't order anything', so this was a surprise to me.

The mask is amazing and I am in love with it! The eyes glow too! I'm very happy with it and he did a very great job. Sadly, I didn't wear it to con, but I can't wait to use it in the future. It took me like, two hours to figure out how to turn on the light in the eyes xD

Communication went well, but soon died down. I noticed he hasn't been on his account for a long time and I was getting worried. I sent him a PM saying he didn't have to continue with the prop since I have a back-up. So I was unsure if he was going to make the mask or not.

Final Grade: A

Last edited by ShyShy : 05-02-2011 at 08:19 PM.
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 04:03 AM   #2044
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!

As for the thread migration, I've not gotten any word back from Admin and am now approaching random moderators, hoping to catch the attention of someone that can control stickies. Hasn't happened yet, but hopefully sooner or later. Thanks for the patience, all!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 06:39 AM   #2045
Lelana
Lelana

Name of Commissioner: DreamAngels
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.dream-angels.net/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.):
Rinoa Heartilly (Final Fantasy VIII), I only ordered the knit fabric for her duster because they have the best you can find.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
here's the fabric http://www.dream-angels.net/delrinoa/fabric.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process):
First contacted on the 14th of February, fabric was paid on the 17th of February. It would be shipped on the first Tuesday following that date. They told me the shipping would normally take two to three weeks. Up to the payment of the fabric, communication was great. If I sent a mail, I got an answer the same day. However, it's the 4th of May and I still haven't got my fabric.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Great communication up till the payment of the invoice. After four weeks I hadn't received my parcel yet. I contacted them asking for a tracking ID and if there were any issues I should know of. I only got an auto response and no answers. In the meantime I've contacted them five times already and I still haven't got an answer (just the auto-response mail). Paypal doesn't cover my purchase anymore (stupid of me to wait so long) and the fabric was quite expensive (125 USD for two yards of fabric). Yesterday I checked my paypal again and now it says 'recipient is unable to receive money'. Fortunately, I only need the fabric in October so I'm hoping it will arrive. I don't mind waiting but at least I would like to get some answers by mail.

Edit: 17/06/2011 and still no fabric and still no response. I guess they never shipped it or planned on shipping it. It's like they've disappeared. The bank will be giving back my money fortunately. I'm not buying from them again.
Final Grade: D

Last edited by Lelana : 06-17-2011 at 03:33 AM. Reason: up to date I never got my parcel and I asked a refund from my bank.
Lelana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2011, 12:45 AM   #2046
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Name of Commissioner: IanIan19 (0404cosplay ebay store)

Website/C.com gallery: http://stores.ebay.com/0404-COSPLAY-PLAZA

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Kingdom Hearts Kingdom Key Keyblade Prop

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: off site: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...d=230385285522
pic up on my site but here ya go: http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...6/IMAG0011.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): about 4 weeks..i dont really remember..but that sounds about right..

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
Pros: not only responded with all answers i needed..but STILL keeps in contact and is willing to make props NOT listed in their store..like i asked about a sephiroth sword and a genesis sword..(never actually got around to needing them) but still they were willing to make them outta PVC FRP for me. quality is superb..prop very lightweight but stil VERY durable..couldnt be happier with this prop..

Cons: prices r a bit high but for the quality its well worth it..this prop cost $245 inc. shipping..and i think its a fair price seeing as another site (no names here) sells the SAME EXACT PRODUCT FOR OVER $400 BUX!! so i guess its not that big of a con huh lol
other than that..nothing..

Final Grade:A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ (x a infinity) ^_^
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):
-OC (Original Series)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)

WIP
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
-Yui Hirasawa (Attack On K-On!)
-Hanji (Attack On Titan)
-Takamina (AKB0048)
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
-Link (Zelda: OOT)
-Miku (Vocaloid, Galaxy Girls [fan models])

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #2047
iSenpai

Name of Commissioner: rixinyueyi9898

Character commissioned: Hikaru wig from Hikaru no Go

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300489687650

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Bought on 4/27/11 and received on 5/7/11
Describe your Experience: I was sketchy at first because multiple users used the same picture but once I received the wig I was glad, The wig is perfect, and is super nice and thick too! Its kankelon fiber and only cost $23, I would definitely recommend buying from them. Looked just like the picture

iSenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2011, 06:02 PM   #2048
sailortintin
Xenofreak

Name of Commissioner Uniquecreator

Website/C.com gallery http://www.cosplay.com/member/182032/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Princess Agitha earrings and cuffs

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...h/DSC01550.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...h/DSC01553.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process) First contacted April 22, paid half April 25, photos of finished products received April 30 and sent last payment. Items received yesterday, May 6

Pros: Lighting fast. I told her that my deadline was May 14 but since it was on short notice, I could wait until June. I sent the payment that Monday, and on that Saturday, I was sent photos on the finished product. My instructions were followed. The earrings just purple and the cuffs with the trim and silver triangles. Messaging was perfect from start to finish. My messages were answered within the day I sent them.

Cons: None

Comments: I have commissioned from Uniquecreator once before. Because she did not like the way the last commission's boot covers can out, she made me the necklace as a gift to make up for it. This is my second but not last time commissioning from her.

Dragoon Miranda remake (Legend of Dragoon): 20%
Princess Agitha (Zelda): 10%
Princess Eclair (La Pucelle): 40%
sailortintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #2049
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 05-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #2050
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Name of Commissioner Fantasy Sheep

Website/C.com gallery eBay TaoBao

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Prussia from Hetalia wig

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item

Brand new, unbrushed, out of the bag.

Brushed out and trimmed.

Timeline (how long your order took to process) First emailed on 4/23, emailed back with price on 4/25, paid 4/28, got tracking number 5/3, arrived 5/7.

Pros: Holy crap, that was fast shipping! My last order took ten days to get here. This one took 9 days. Dear lord they ship fast.

The wig was a bit darker in color than the pictures, but thats fine. The style is lovely. The fibers are MUCH softer than the other wig I bought from them awhile back, so thats nice. It photographs great, and looks like real hair~! Love it to death.

Cons: Right out of the bag, the back of the wig was too long and stringy. Sadly, I didn't have a hairbrush with me when I got it (as I picked it up on the way to the gathering), so a lot of pictures look hella derp for the back of the wig. Though this is no longer a problem after brushing it out and trimming the back a teensy bit.

Comments: I have a small head, and this wig looks a teensy bit... big on me. But most wigs do @ n @;;

Also, I bought this off TaoBao. AKA I sent Fantasy Sheep an email, they emailed me back a price, then I directly sent them the money on Paypal. So it was entirely informal way of buying it. It cost me $32.65. Not bad at all for such a beautiful wig <3

Final Grade: A

It'd be an A+ if it weren't for the back needing to be trimmed.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!

Last edited by Axelai : 05-08-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #2051
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

Commissioner Chokichi

Commissioned Custom designed Shino Aburame overcoat

Timeline Overcoat approx. 3 weeks.

Pros Fits PERFECTLY. Exactly the colour scheme I asked for. Fabric is incredibly comfortable.

Cons Forgot the pockets; incidentally, this isnt really an actual con on the commissioners part- I forgot to mention I wanted pockets, so ultimately, I have no cons about the commission.

Comments I am incredibly happy with this piece. She managed to create the original design perfectly, and I look forward to throwing new, strange designs at her to see what she does.

Grade A++

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #2052
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

cosplaymagic.com

cosplay magic.com

item ordered kaname night class uniform (vampire knight)
parts: jacket,pants, shirt,vest, arm band, and the tie
price$99
order date march 16th 1:30pm

recived date march 18 11:20am

i was surprised how fast my costume got dilivered 2 1/2 days

the pants: they fit me great but i still had to wear a belt and to hem and cut a little from the bottom of the legs even tho it was different than the orignal it was fine

the shirt: fit great just my size too not to big on me or to small

the vest: fit just right not to loose or anything

the armband: even though i did not need it for my kaname cosplay it was really good qualirt not just a patern printed on cloth but it looked hand sewn so it feels really realsitic

the jacket: i loved it, i was nice and the right thickness, but the onlything wrong with it is the buttons that were on the front of the jacket were id button the jacket up fell off ( i found most of them but lost one at sakura con 2011 in one of the anime viewing rooms)

as a whole i can wear this out in public as formal wear so its a good deal

my overall rating is a A almost an A+
kuroki-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #2053
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 05-14-2011, 02:34 AM   #2054
Dalibar
Obey Your Master

Name of Commissioner: Carrotanime

Website/C.com gallery: http://carrotanime.com/store/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Russia from Hetalia. I had the jacket and scarf commissioned.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/352034/ (note: I remade the scarf because I decided to have a different colour than the one I commissioned.)

Timeline: It only took a month and a few days to have it all finished and shipped!

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. The person I was communicating with was EXTREMELY nice and helpful. This was my first time commissioning something and I asked a ton of questions, which they quickly replied to! Usually in one to three days. Every peice is quoted separately and with the type of materiel they think would be best. The jacket and scarf were both quoted to be $60 in total (55 for the jacket, 5 for the scarf) and the shipping was $25 for standard, which only took 5 days!

The only issues I had was one of the snaps and the shoulder strap came loose so I had to resew them on, but that is hardly worth mentioning even.

All in all I'm completely satisfied with Carrotanime, their quality, their customer service, and especially the price of it all! If you want an affordable high quality commission with good communication, I would reccomend them in a heartbeat!

Final Grade: A++ (and then some ^_^)
Unread 05-14-2011, 06:58 AM   #2055
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!