Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Costume-Con in Toronto 2014!

Breaking news from Costume-Con 29 in NJ:

It's official! The votes were counted, and it was announced last night that Toronto has won the bid to host Costume-Con 32 in 2014. I know it's three years away, but we want this to be the biggest and best Costume-Con in years!

Our cosplay community here in Canada is AMAZING (I'm always astounded by the stuff I see when judging) so I know we can really knock everybody's socks off. So start making your plans!

Here's a primer for what goes on at a Costume-Con:

- Sci-Fi/Fantasy Masquerade (the type of masquerade we're all used to)
- Historical Masquerade (can be serious recreations, or funny interpretations; last night there were no fewer than three separate "Baby Got Bustle" jokes with 1800s dresses)
- Future Fashion Folio/Show, where anybody can send in original designs, and those attending the con can make any design they wish and display them in a fashion show
- Single Pattern Contest, where 2-3 commercially available patterns are chosen and you use the pattern as a starting point to make anything you wish
- Doll contest both for doll costumes and handmade dolls
- dozens of panels and workshops on costuming
- dealer's room with costume supplies, patterns, accessories, beads etc.
- A Friday night themed party
- off-site tours and activities before and after the con
- meeting new friends who are just as crazy about costumes as you are!

We'll be working on getting a website up and running when we get home (I'm still at the hotel!) but spread the word! We had a fantastic reception at our Canadian-themed party last night and everyone here is really looking forward to come visit us in Toronto! I'm so excited!

Edit: The CC32 website is now up! http://costumecon32.com

NEW GROUP DISCOUNT: Buy three, get one free! All four memberships must be submitted and paid for at the same time to be eligible; you can send in the forms by mail, or Paypal in one lump sum with everybody's information attached. Get your friends organized and start planning for awesome CC32 fun!

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories

Last edited by Sarcasm-hime : 02-07-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2011, 11:14 PM   #2
Chibi Lenne
Ghoulia

Already posted on your FB about this but I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS!

2015 Cosplay Plans
Queen Odette / surprise?? / Madam Vastra
Follow me on Facebook for more updates
Costume Con 35 Will be RETURNING to Toronto 2017!!
Chibi Lenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 12:05 AM   #3
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

OMFG, AWESOME. I'm going. Hopefully I don't forget about it in the three years it'll take... gives me enough time to make a new bliaut for my medieval outfit. (Lol, I could make an entirely new one with all the hand-embroidery and hand-inked girdle book included all over again in that time frame...)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #4
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

I should add that the pre-reg fee (yes, CC registration starts this early) is currently $65 but will go up as time goes by, so register early if you can. Contact me for info on registering. It's not as cheap as some cons but this is a once-in-a-long-time opportunity! (The only other time it's been in Toronto was 1995)

4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

Last edited by Sarcasm-hime : 05-03-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Unread 05-03-2011, 02:09 AM   #5
Kudrel

This is going to be EPIC! Time to show everyone what we're made of!
Kudrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #6
Wenora
The Musical Mage

Sweet. Thanks for the early announcement, gives me time to earn money for it. I've been wanting to go to one.

Blog: http://wenora.tumblr.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wenor...57531264268612
DA: http://prishe2win.deviantart.com/
Wenora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
Prisca712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudrel View Post
This is going to be EPIC! Time to show everyone what we're made of!
^THIS times 1000. I'm sitting here at work practically shaking with excitement. Every time I've been to cons like Anime North I've been blown away by the quality of the cosplay, so I have no doubt that we'll totally bring it
Prisca712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #8
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

What is the theme of this one?

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #9
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

I will definitely putting all my funds into that for that year. I'll be re-wearing costumes for everything else that year. lol

I've been putting Queen Isabella from The Fountain off, but know I can seriously do some fabric hunt for the harder to find textile for her (particularly the earthy upper sleeve flower pattern that has alluded me) and yeah the wig. O__o Unless I see something else that catches my eye like the Red Queen did (and promptly shoved Isabella to the side).

Considering I have one (and will only have one) BJ Doll I should strive to enter the Doll contest for costumes. Damn thing was expensive enough as much as I love her.

$65 is what FanExpo will be for a full 4 days probably at the door so I don't feel like it too out of the ball part. I'm curious as to where it will be held. I would love it to in the down town core so that we want walk the streets and "freak" people out. That's one of the things I do enjoy about FanExpo.

Alrighty I started a rooms and ride request page here.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=335897

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 01-08-2014 at 11:58 AM.
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
I will definitely putting all my funds into that for that year. I'll be re-wearing costumes for everything else that year. lol

I've been putting Queen Isabella from The Fountain off, but know I can seriously do some fabric hunt for the harder to find textile for her (particularly the earthy upper sleeve flower pattern that has alluded me) and yeah the wig. O__o Unless I see something else that catches my eye like the Red Queen did (and promptly shoved Isabella to the side).

Considering I have one (and will only have one) BJ Doll I should strive to enter the Doll contest for costumes. Damn thing was expensive enough as much as I love her.

$65 is what FanExpo will be for a full 4 days probably at the door so I don't feel like it too out of the ball part. I'm curious as to where it will be held. I would love it to in the down town core so that we want walk the streets and "freak" people out. That's one of the things I do enjoy about FanExpo.
$65 for FanExpo??? You're talking basic passes right? it was $80 for THREE days deluxe... I'm picturing them jacking it up to at LEAST $90 if not $100 >.<

but this sounds really interesting... we'll talk and think about this over the next few years... how many days is it usually and when exactly?
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #11
mikcy
subject zero

I am SO excited for this! =o I can't wait to see what everyone makes.

cosplays 2013
♫c.viper (street fighter iv) → jack (mass effect 3) → elsa (frozen) → morrigan (dragon age: inquisition) ♫

tumblrfb
mikcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #12
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Basic pass for Fan Expo. The Deluxe and VIP was more because you're getting access privileges and all HobbyStar cons.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #13
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

The theme will be "Myths, Monsters and Legends" IIRC.

We are still deciding on which hotel is best for our needs, will let you all know once it's settled.

Likewise with the dates; CC is usually mid-late April to early May.

Costume-Con runs officially from Friday to Monday (Monday is usually a half-day for programming with a dead-dog party in the Con Suite), but there are usually additional tours and off-site activities on Thursday, Monday and/or Tuesday.

Unread 05-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #14
MDA
Destiny Productions

I'm loving the theme for it. It fits so much with what I had in mind too. The idea I have I know would make my Scottish Grandmother proud. I just hope she'll still be around to see me make it. Unless I make it early, or do a test version before I see her again.

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #15
Uta Arashino
Owner of Olivia's Atelier

The Future Fashion Folio/Show and Single Pattern Contest sound super interesting. Kind-of really excited for those.

In general, this is really exciting.
Uta Arashino is offline   Reply With Quote