Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 05-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Jothalion

how was your weekend?

I hope that everyone had a brilliant and wonderful weekend....

I finally got around to watching two series that have been peaking my interest due to cosplay.com

So I watched panty & stocking with garter belt. I have seen so many cosplays on this site about them, and after reading the description of the show I thought to myself, this show is either really bad and has become popular because it is so bad OR it is amazingly good.

I can now report that I feel it falls into the amazingly good area! I love it! It shouldn't work, and it does, all I can say is don't be put off by the description of it just watch it if you haven't. Oh a be prepared for bizarre type humor, best I can think of is Ren & Stimpy but even that is not quite right.

The second was strike witches. I didn't mind it, but can't help but wonder what it would be like if they concentrate more on the story and background as opposed to the pantsu. Yes I know, I know, that is what it is really all about, but having said that it was enjoyable, some good funny moments and I liked the idea and story, it really could have worked just as well without the pantsu I think.

Anyway that was my weekend, how about you? Watch anything new? Do anything? Did you discover the answer to live, the universe and everything or more importantly do you know what the question was for 42??
Jothalion is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #2
Black-Star
Internet Addict

I found watching panty and stocking was refreshing after the wave of generic anime moe school drama's that come out every season. Not a show I would watch with other people in the room though...

I was so happy on sunday to actually get time to sit down and watch anime. There's a couple of good shows this season that I am getting hooked on. Especially C: the money of soul and possibility control, a typical fighting shonen except its based on financial dealings.

And finally got to watch Gurren Laagan. How I missed this one I will never know. But it is so great.

That and getting a sewing machine in my room, fixing a few wigs and even getting time to go to a party made it a pretty damn good weekend.

- Check us out
http://www.youtube.com/user/VocaLiveHD
And on Deviant art
http://vocalive.deviantart.com/
Black-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 01:30 AM   #3
Melmo Jenkins

Finally got around to reading my Black Lagoon Manga spent half of Saturday reading that, and the rest playing LoL and Pokemon Black. Then did the Mothers day thing. overall was very fun hope everyone else had a good weekend.
Unread 05-09-2011, 02:13 AM   #4
han-Vu
I know Oyashiro-sama..

Was fair cool. We just had Neko Nation over here in Adelaide. A night club event for cat girls/cosplayers/anime-game fans.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...399.1036789287

Later on I'll probably be organising a karaoke night for hopefully 30 cosplayers. With some alcohol included so should end up an interesting night with some people haha.

Last edited by han-Vu : 05-09-2011 at 02:16 AM.
han-Vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 03:12 AM   #5
rachelofpie
is a cat.

Ah, Panty and Stocking. I've seen the first few episodes and I have to admit it is pretty different. Not the sort of series I'd normally watch but it's still fun.

Lately I've become really into Ano Hana...only four episodes have come out so far but I'm sucked in. My favourite of the season so far.

I also went to my cousin's wedding on Saturday, which was really nice.

And no progress in cosplay as usual~ I'm such a procrastinator.

Last edited by rachelofpie : 05-09-2011 at 07:16 PM.
rachelofpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 04:32 AM   #6
MissTeliko
Cat lover

I meant to start watching Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, but I ended up working on my cosplay instead. That's probably a good thing though.
MissTeliko is offline   Reply With Quote