Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 77 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 05-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #406
Bhutas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
heh that made me smile. Great work on your costume so far! What's the tunic made from? It does look pretty comfy. And the pouches look great too

Oh yeah, and about my chainmail rings...I got an email from UPS that said this, and it made me laugh:

ALL MERCHANDISE MISSING, EMPTY CARTON WAS DISCARDED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE (RESOLUTION)

and my first thought was "who would steal 12 pounds of aluminum rings??"
The jacket is made from suede! I actually found the jacket at a Thrift store and realized my mother and I could modify it to make a good base for everything. So we dyed it, cut it up, and ta-da~!

I'm sorry to hear about your package getting stolen, though! Strange thing to steal...

~*2011 Convention Season*~
Otafest, CCEE, Animethon (tentative), Pure Speculation
Bhutas is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #407
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

D: I got my new wig...and it's way short So I'm gonna have to resell it and get another one. *SIGH*

GOD DAMMIT
Unread 05-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #408
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexluna View Post
D: I got my new wig...and it's way short So I'm gonna have to resell it and get another one. *SIGH*

GOD DAMMIT
Wait, isn't femHawke's hair really short anyhoo? It looks like you can use the wig still. You have the long parts in the right places, looks like the short parts are right too. Can you take more pics of the wig? =)
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #409
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

Quote:

GOD DAMMIT
Yeah I'm not seeing how it is too short!
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #410
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

It's hard to show...but it's really poofy on top. That's the big problem. And it's shorter than Hawke's hair....short enough that it looks awful on me >.<

More pictures:

Ugh, I'm not photogenic today...
Unread 05-09-2011, 10:09 PM   #411
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

I think it looks fine, and even if it is a little poofy it just makes it look like the hair has more volume. But it is up to you!
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #412
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
It's hard to show...but it's really poofy on top. That's the big problem. And it's shorter than Hawke's hair....short enough that it looks awful on me >.<

More pictures:

I think it's perfect, if it's a little poofy for you, you can use pomade or got2be hair spray or freeze blast a little bit and to keep it down. I still think that that is a good choice, you wouldn't need to really cut it it matches the closest that I have seen.
It seems it's dead on,
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l...s/femhawke.jpg

but yes I agree the choice is yours lol.
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #413
DarkHayama

It looks fine to me too. I've certainly ended up with far worse. At least it FITS. I got a wig for Sanji from One Piece once and...it was like kid sized or something, I don't even know. So, it's your choice, but I agree with everyone that it looks good.

Also, I love that(your?) room decoration. It's so video game-y. And Bioshock! <3 I played through both of them really fast while youjik33 was with me, because she sucks at FPS games but wanted to see the story.

Oh, Merrill...yeah, I'm sure you know what you're doing with that blood magic...nothing is possibly going to go wrong...
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #414
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

Lol, yes that's my room xD My walls are very decorated.

I'll see what I can do. I look alright in pictures but IRL I look silly
Unread 05-09-2011, 11:51 PM   #415
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:

More pictures:

I like it!!! I think you're being too picky The pic Lady Muramasa referenced is a great example...and like she said, the choice is ultimately yours

Bhutas: Thrift store cosplay FTW! I never would have known that was an upcycled jacket ^^

Heh...I feel bad my sad chainmail story prompted everyones memories of lost goods :/ I got another email, something about how they're trying to figure out how to fix the situation...
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #416
youjik33

I happened to mention my broken needle to my grandma on Mother's Day and she ended up giving me an unopened pack of needles she'd had in her sewing stuff (she doesnt' do much sewing any more). So there's one problem solved pretty easily, heh.

I have to stop laying my costume out on the dining room table and then leaving it, because the cat LOVES it. She's going to get hair all over it XD And she's white so it shows up, haha. Good thing I have a lint roller.

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #417
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Everyone looks like they are getting some great progress on their costumes!
I ordered some temporary tattoo paper for my Merrill tattoos, the first test run is drying at the moment, but I will get test shots when I put them on

I also had to buy a new camera today (with money I dont have!) because I accidentally dropped my other one. It would have cost the same amount to fix it, so I just bought a new and better one. Ugh....why does everything cost money? My fiance and I might even have to move into his parents' house because we cant afford rent. But luckily their house has a separate apartment attached, so we'd be in there.

Anyway, enough with my personal issues....everything looks great guys!!!
lissiekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #418
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

So I managed to get a couple of my Merrill tattoos on....the others didnt work because I was impatient and didnt let them adhere well enough....so they ripped and got all messed up. At least now I know what to do right, and I am excited! And to dull down the shiny-ness of the temp tattoos, I put some foundation primer on top and used regular face powder over them.
I apologize for looking like poop.....
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...malkmlkasd.jpg
lissiekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #419
youjik33

= /

Everybody here actually knows wtf they're doing. It's kind of making me sad.

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #420
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Eh, don't worry about it youjik. I always said that if a hardcore costumer (someone who actually knows what they're doing) watched my costume-making process, they would be appalled. =P There's a lot to be said for trial-and-error, guesswork, and luck!

Also... holy crap, Lissiekun! You are a dead ringer for Merrill! The tattoos are looking great so far!

I've considered doing a DA2 costume for DragonCon this year, but I'm already working on two costumes that aren't done yet... and I have no idea which character I'd cosplay. I have the figure to pull off Isabela, but... I'm super-pale, far beyond the help of any self-tanner. (Plus, my other cosplays for DragonCon this year are characters just as pale as I am). I've been toying with the idea of mage Hawke in one of the blue robes (like the one worn by Bethany after Act 1). It'd be easy enough for me to pull off in a hurry, at least.

If I had the time and money this year, I'd love to do a Chantry mother's outfit, with that fabulous leather jacket.
TheFontBandit is offline   Reply With Quote