Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 05-11-2011, 01:48 AM   #421
youjik33

The Chantry robes in DA2 were sooooo much nicer-looking than the ones in the first game. (Although I love that Leliana came with one that I could put on anyone. Sten may have run around in it more than once... because it was hilarious...)

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-11-2011, 03:06 AM   #422
DarkHayama

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFontBandit View Post
I've considered doing a DA2 costume for DragonCon this year, but I'm already working on two costumes that aren't done yet... and I have no idea which character I'd cosplay. I have the figure to pull off Isabela, but... I'm super-pale, far beyond the help of any self-tanner. (Plus, my other cosplays for DragonCon this year are characters just as pale as I am). I've been toying with the idea of mage Hawke in one of the blue robes (like the one worn by Bethany after Act 1). It'd be easy enough for me to pull off in a hurry, at least.

If I had the time and money this year, I'd love to do a Chantry mother's outfit, with that fabulous leather jacket.
You could always do Dragon Age 1 Isabela. Since she wasn't like...at all tan =p Also kind of a boring cosplay though.
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 04:35 AM   #423
marzlapin
almond flavored

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFontBandit View Post
Eh, don't worry about it youjik. I always said that if a hardcore costumer (someone who actually knows what they're doing) watched my costume-making process, they would be appalled. =P There's a lot to be said for trial-and-error, guesswork, and luck!

Also... holy crap, Lissiekun! You are a dead ringer for Merrill! The tattoos are looking great so far!

I've considered doing a DA2 costume for DragonCon this year, but I'm already working on two costumes that aren't done yet... and I have no idea which character I'd cosplay. I have the figure to pull off Isabela, but... I'm super-pale, far beyond the help of any self-tanner. (Plus, my other cosplays for DragonCon this year are characters just as pale as I am). I've been toying with the idea of mage Hawke in one of the blue robes (like the one worn by Bethany after Act 1). It'd be easy enough for me to pull off in a hurry, at least.

If I had the time and money this year, I'd love to do a Chantry mother's outfit, with that fabulous leather jacket.
Why not do Bethany? If you didn't want to deal with chainmail you could always do her Circle robes. Or just....be Hawke in the Circle robes I guess. I don't think anyone would really mind a pale Isabela either if you're in love with her outfit.

The Chantry robes *are* very cool though.
marzlapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 12:59 PM   #424
youjik33

Generally people don't really care if someone cosplays a character who doesn't have the same skin tone. As long as you have dark hair and some eyeliner you can be a convincing Isabela, I'm sure, heh.

Unread 05-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #425
Palaven
I like big boats.

@ Hayama ] - I think that was the terrible lighting in the Pearl, but Isabela's model from DA1 is definitely tan.

@ FontBandit ] - I don't really think anyone would mind a pale Isabela. I think we'd all be more excited to see an Isabela rather than complain about something! If all else fails, spend your whole summer outside? Haha.

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #426
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Great work on the tattoos Lissiekun! Just curious, did you use the templates I made? And what sort of tattoo paper did you use?

TheFontBandit: I don't think skin tone should be a deciding factor in cosplay lol Frankly, unless your a completely different race (which is fine too) no ones really going to notice. I say go for it!
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #427
youjik33

Haha, Isabela in 1 was nowhere NEAR as dark-skinned as in 2. (Hayama and I devised a theory in which Isabela is like the Dread Pirate Roberts and passes her name on to a successor. Isabela 1 was actually Anora in disguise and felt it was time to give up the role after the events of the first game.)

Unread 05-12-2011, 01:57 AM   #428
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

Well, I've still had ZERO progress. On any of my costumes for my upcoming con. I'll probably order my contacts and styrene on Friday though.

I'm expecting to have a meltdown any day now, but I've been too tired to, I think...

Does any one know exactly how to make my wig less poofy? I totally fail at hair/wig styling. I have the right gel and spray but I don't know the technique, and after last time, I'm afraid to straighten it...
Unread 05-12-2011, 02:53 AM   #429
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

I couldn't remember who wanted Hawke estate robes (female) but here they are. I've been really busy finishing up Flemeth, haven't had much time to sit down and relax x.x
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #430
marzlapin
almond flavored

Actually this is a toolset view of Isabela from Origins. The lighting in the Pearl is wonky, but she was always intended to look Rivaini.
marzlapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #431
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

That was me Thank you!
Unread 05-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #432
Palaven
I like big boats.

Something about Estate!Hawke just makes her seems so dainty and cute, haha. I feel bizarre admitting I think that knowing the sorts of things she's taken down.

So I've been working on the legs a bit more, but no real progress since I keep having to fix mistakes. Grrarrghblarrgh. I started on a pattern for a catsuit for me to sew the pop tabs onto, to save some time and significantly shrink the amount of tabs I need.

I'm going to be so busy for the next while. Go me!

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #433
youjik33

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzlapin View Post
Actually this is a toolset view of Isabela from Origins. The lighting in the Pearl is wonky, but she was always intended to look Rivaini.

The lighting also made her blonde! It's magical.

Unread 05-13-2011, 01:37 AM   #434
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

I'm so happy, I don't have to work until 4 tomorrow. So I can sleep in and hopefully work on cosplay. Also, massive payday <3
Unread 05-13-2011, 01:38 AM   #435
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Xavietta
I still can't believe some broke troll stole your chain mail! I hate thieves. Hope they did get that all straightened out.

Lol, so my bf is officially going to be Cullen, he set himself up for that one. "Who would I be Garrett Hawke (I do believe he called him something else Hawke lol)? I don't see that, and I'm sure not going to be some Mage......Anders!"
ME: Lmao! Lmao! Calm down, because you are now going as Cullen! XD, so now you don't have to panic or choose. =)
Him: Cullen?
Me: It is decided! Cullen is Meredith's so you will be mine! >=( Lol. And now that I gather Cullen pics, he's darn near a dead ringer for him.

Plz, if anyone can donate some Cullen pics that would be awesome, I cannot find a lot at all. Wish I had DA2 for PC =(.
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote