Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 01-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
astralrayn

Question Has anyone ordered from cosplay-costume.com?

I'm thinking about buying a dress off of http://www.cosplay-costume.com/ but I'm not sure how safe it is - has anyone had any problems with this website?

I recently bought a dress off of ebay and the seller posted innacurate sizing information so I'm seeking a replacement.
astralrayn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
Meiki

It looks like a Milanoo clone to me. Plus, most of those dresses are pretty poor quality, and anything that associates sissy with lolita is a bad plan. If you're looking for cheap lolita, try Bodyline or Fan Plus Friend.
Unread 01-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
astralrayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiki View Post
It looks like a Milanoo clone to me. Plus, most of those dresses are pretty poor quality, and anything that associates sissy with lolita is a bad plan. If you're looking for cheap lolita, try Bodyline or Fan Plus Friend.
Yeah I was afraid of that - it just kills me because they had a dress I felt was cuter than any of the ones on Bodyline (at least for the specific style I was looking for). I'll try FPF - I'd never heard of them. Thank you!
Unread 01-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
Meiki

Which dress were you looking at? Maybe I can help you find something similar from a more reliable site.
Unread 01-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
astralrayn

Quote:
Which dress were you looking at? Maybe I can help you find something similar from a more reliable site.
http://www.cosplay-costume.com/gothi...026-p-272.html
I look absolutely awful in high-neck dresses and this was one of the few maid styles without it. If you could find a similar one at a similar pricerange from a trusted site that ships to the US I'd be very greatful!
Thank you so much for your help!
Unread 01-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #6
Musouka_Ningyou

(Insert obligatory "maid costumes are not lolita" comment)

Bodyline does have a few maid costumes with lower necklines. They don't have any lower-necked ones with the large shoulder frills, though, so hopefully you aren't too in love with that design element if you go with Bodyline. I would browse their maid section to see what you like.

Candy Fruit is a brand that makes maid costumes, but they tend to be a bit pricier. They have a large selection of styles, but prices run into the hundreds.

I think that a search for a maid costume would be better suited to a cosplay section of the forum than a lolita section, though.
Musouka_Ningyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 11:37 PM   #7
astralrayn

Ahh, sorry, about 90% of the sites I've come across market them as "Lolita" and the best ones I've seen are one sites that largely feature lolita items so I figured someone in this forum would have possibly ordered from the site I posted or, more likely, have a better site suggestion I didn't know about.
Thanks though!
Unread 05-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #8
chaosblad3

Thumbs up Confirmation (albeit a late one)

I can happily confirm that the site is 100% legit, and the dresses are actually of a pretty decent quality compared to some Anime Cosplay gear that I've bought in the past (Zaraki Kenpachi from Bleach for example, the fabric of which was very rough).

For proof, here is a link to the dress I just bought for my lil sisters birthday, as she had recently expressed an interest in lolita fashion: http://www.cosplay-costume.com/elega...be6e1ddf1.html and here, a link to a facebook pic of her wearing it (direct image link to protect her identity): http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...434177_n. jpg

Sam, the guy who runs the store, while not entirely fluent in English grammatical structure (I'm guessing native Chinese based on the origin listed on the parcel), came across as very friendly in the E-mails he sent me.

The two week lead time on orders would also seem to be pretty accurate, my order was actually a few days into the third week when I received the tracking info, but Sam did make a point of apologizing, which I appreciated.

All in all, I think cosplay-costume is a very good service, which I would highly recommend, and plan to use in the future, when I get around to ordering a dress or two for myself for Lolita Crossplay use!!
chaosblad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 12:40 AM   #9
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosblad3 View Post
I can happily confirm that the site is 100% legit, and the dresses are actually of a pretty decent quality compared to some Anime Cosplay gear that I've bought in the past (Zaraki Kenpachi from Bleach for example, the fabric of which was very rough)...:
I have to be honest here, you may well be telling the truth. But, you set up your account today and have only made one post, which doesn't make you look very reliable.
Unread 05-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #10
chaosblad3

Quote:
I have to be honest here, you may well be telling the truth. But, you set up your account today and have only made one post, which doesn't make you look very reliable.
WARNING, THE FOLLOWING IS A GIANT WALL OF TEXT!!

To clarify, let me state, when I first found cosplay-costume just over a month ago, I, like I would assume the OP, googled something to the effect of "cosplay-costume.com reviews", which happened to bring me here to this thread.

After reading the thread and realizing that no one had yet posted saying they had actually bought something, I ultimately decided to buy one dress (the one for my sister) having originally planned to by 3 in total (2 for myself), as a sort of test the waters purchase.

When that "gamble" (paypal dispute system is pretty reliable from what I hear...) paid off, and the dress arrived in good condition, I simply remembered this thread, and on the off chance that the OP was still interested, I thought I would be a "Good Samaritan", and post a response.

Obviously, not already having an account having never used the site before, I was forced to make one first, hence why, as you stated, I had only set up the account that day, and only had one post.

If you don't want to believe me, then fair enough, at the end of the day I know that if you choose not to use cosplay-costume then that's just your loss, not that really it matters, but I do find it somewhat disappointing that you would be so distrusting of someone just because they are new.

I doubt I'm going to actually post on this forum again any time soon, just like I only rarely post on the 80+ other forums (yes, I'm entirely serious, I just skimmed through FF4 password manager counting them) that I have accounts on, each with only a handful of posts, I just don't regularly bother with forums.

If more forums would adopt anon posting methods, then I wouldn't need to create so many accounts, but the fact is, I'm the type of person who occasionally reads forum posts found in results of a google search query, and if I have an opinion I feel is worth contributing, I will damn well create an account just for a one off use in order to do so, seriously, it takes me less than 30 seconds to fill in a registration form, submit it, and then verify the account through the email confirmation, if it wasn't for captcha codes, I could probably do it blindfolded!
chaosblad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #11
x0xmx0x

Its sad but yes, you have to earn trust, it doesnt just come naturally, alot of people dont seem to understand this. And its been known for places like Milanoo for example to actually make accounts on sites like this just to advertise or right fake good reviews to try to get customers. Then completely rip people off, its true its up to the person as to whether or not they want to risk it, but for the same price of known to be good and quality places like bodyline, qutieland, or other taobao stores why risk it?

(this is a couple month old thread too and I'm thinking the person that started it probably already made up their mind its just up to others now I guess)

Last edited by x0xmx0x : 05-14-2011 at 10:55 PM.
x0xmx0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2011, 11:08 PM   #12
astralrayn

Not really made up my mind, I've been watching the thread with interest. I actually had ended up ordering a maid costume off of ebay, shipping took forever and when I finally got it the size was incorrect so I had to sell it. I don't have the money to purchase another maid costume yet but I definitely want to get one in the future.

I really like bodyline but cosplay-costume had a larger selection.
Unread 05-14-2011, 11:11 PM   #13
Meiki

Sorry if I upset you. I just meant that the community at large deals with a lot of sock puppet accounts posting good reviews in the name of bad companies, and having a brand new account with only one post makes you look suspicious. Coupled with the fact that the site uses "sissy" in their descriptions of lolita and steals photos from other sites, I don't think it was a particularly unrealistic assumption. I didn't mean to personally offend you or anything.
Unread 05-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #14
x0xmx0x

@astralrayn

I was looking through bodyline when I saw this thread and there are a few maid/maid like costumes that look kind of like the one from that site you showed:

link

a few were just added a couple days ago, so if you wanted to look at them and when you get the money for it anyway. Its up to you
Unread 05-15-2011, 12:01 AM   #15
astralrayn

Thanks for letting me know! The new one they just added for $50 is right up my alley! And it is my size with room to spare.