Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.75 average.
Unread 05-13-2011, 01:34 AM   #436
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

I'll see what I can do to help Mura, but after Acen xD;;
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #437
DarkHayama

Hehe, Yaay a Cullen!
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #438
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexluna View Post
I'm so happy, I don't have to work until 4 tomorrow. So I can sleep in and hopefully work on cosplay. Also, massive payday <3
Everything about that sounds amazing. I hope you get oodles of progress done!

Speaking of progress, I finally dyed my fabric! The stuff for the tunic came out great, unfortunately the scarf material doesn't look much different lol I'm heading to Joann's tomorrow (for the 3rd time this week) so I'll pick up some different dye and try again!

Also, I have an order to make Isabela's armour pieces This makes me happy.
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #439
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFontBandit View Post

Also... holy crap, Lissiekun! You are a dead ringer for Merrill! The tattoos are looking great so far!

lol thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
Great work on the tattoos Lissiekun! Just curious, did you use the templates I made? And what sort of tattoo paper did you use?
yes I did indeed. The templates are awesome! One thing though...I think her chin tattoos are solid instead of outlines I got the paper at www.temporarytattoopaper.net
lissiekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #440
youjik33

I love Anders so much that I kind of want to cosplay as him. My stubble would only be slightly less convincing than Dark's! (Haha, no offense to him, but he tried growing a beard and failed. He tells me the stubble he has now took him weeks.)

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #441
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiekun View Post
I think her chin tattoos are solid instead of outlines [/url]

I noticed that too after I made them. If it's an issue I can fix that part and repost them I wasn't even sure if anyone was going to use them... I'll also post the template that has several tattoos on one page so there's no wasted space on the tattoo paper.
Unread 05-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #442
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
I noticed that too after I made them. If it's an issue I can fix that part and repost them I wasn't even sure if anyone was going to use them... I'll also post the template that has several tattoos on one page so there's no wasted space on the tattoo paper.
No issue at all! I am pretty well versed in photoshop, so I made a multiple page myself! Thanks for the offer though!
lissiekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 12:38 AM   #443
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

I feel dumb for asking this, but seeing as how I can't really start on Hawke until Fanime is over (which is in two weeks), I might as well ask xD

At Fanime, I obviously won't have Hawke done, but the only costumes I have are Vocaloid. I'm kinda sad I couldn't manage more variety (shit happens). So I thought for a day (or part of one), I could wear my Hawke with with her make-up and wear something casual. I just don't know what to wear. I did just buy a Dragon Age 2 shirt today with Garrett Hawke on it. That might be funny xD
Unread 05-15-2011, 03:28 AM   #444
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexluna View Post
I feel dumb for asking this, but seeing as how I can't really start on Hawke until Fanime is over (which is in two weeks), I might as well ask xD

At Fanime, I obviously won't have Hawke done, but the only costumes I have are Vocaloid. I'm kinda sad I couldn't manage more variety (shit happens). So I thought for a day (or part of one), I could wear my Hawke with with her make-up and wear something casual. I just don't know what to wear. I did just buy a Dragon Age 2 shirt today with Garrett Hawke on it. That might be funny xD
I'm kind of in the same boat, Rex! I don't think I can get my last costume finished for Acen, so I'm cooking up a last minute casual Dragon Age costume. I'd say do it for the lols, thats what I'm planning for

Also, here is an update on my armor >< I have all the leg pieces painted, just need to attach straps on them...but I am going to bed lol
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #445
Bhutas

Said it before, will say it again, hmwsg x: Make love to me wearing those. Seriously, they look really wicked, I don't know why you have such an issue with the gloves D:

I'm almost done Fenris' top. Shoulder spikes are done, armour is done, leather layers are done-- I just need to put everything together, which I will do today. And then I need to figure out a way to get the designs on his pants. I'm hesitant to apply anything to my leggings, just because the fabric is rather elastic and I don't want the stretch and pull to warp the designs... :/

~*2011 Convention Season*~
Otafest, CCEE, Animethon (tentative), Pure Speculation
Bhutas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #446
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmwsg x View Post
Also, here is an update on my armor >< I have all the leg pieces painted, just need to attach straps on them...but I am going to bed lol
Nice!!!!! I think the craft foam looks great. As far as durability, my Fallout 3 raider armour is mostly craft foam and it's held up pretty well. 1 convention and a few parties and it's still good!
Unread 05-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #447
Palaven
I like big boats.

Have you guys seen LoveSquad's Fenris? It looks so cool! Damn, I wish I had those crafting skills.

I'm working on my bodysuit tonight and I have the next few days off, so I'm going to get some real progress done! I've forgone sewing the leather bits and I'm now supergluing, haha, so the leg and (quite possibly) arm bracers might be done soon too!

@ Bhutas ] - I saw your little updates on Tumblr! The shoulders look wicked sweet!

@ hmwsg x ] - That looks so crazy realistic! They look awesome for being craft foam.

@ Rexluna ] - Do the casual thing! It's comfy and makes for funny random happenstances.

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #448
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Wow, this thread is more active than some of the other ones I follow... I'm going to have to check back more often!

I'm really in awe, seeing everyone's progress... everyone here is so skilled! o_O That Flemeth armor is looking wonderful; I love the patina on it.

I've decided that if I can finish my other two DragonCon costumes in time, I'll put together an Isabela and just go as "pale Rivaini". Isabela's costume would be remarkably simple to make, really... her necklace and the armor bits on her arms/shoulder would be the most complicated part.

I should be finishing up my latest playthrough sometime this week... I'll try to get some screenshots of Cullen during the finale (if I can snap them quick enough... playing on XBox so I'll need to be speedy with the camera).

Dragon*Con 2013:
Joyleaf - Elfquest || Belial/Mad Hatter - Angel Sanctuary
Surprise Hulk Variant - Marvel Comics || Black Widow - Hawkeye #9 || Mary Jane Watson - J. Scott Campbell version
Maevaris Tilani - Dragon Age Comics || Sugar Rush Racer Sticky Wipplesnit - Wreck-It Ralph
TheFontBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #449
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

hmwsg x: WHOA. Like. Holy shit. Those look amazing.I hope my Hawke armor looks half as good as that.
Unread 05-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #450
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmwsg x View Post
I'll see what I can do to help Mura, but after Acen xD;;
Sounds good, I have some okay pics of his top half, it's the bottom half and back that has me "????"
Lol.

For anyone going to Anime Expo this year, I made a quick Dragon Age forum so we don't miss each other.

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=242476
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote