Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 05-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
Moondemon

Review: Sutie

Okay so I commissioned someone from cosplay.com back in February everything started out great. She responded quickly and it was a good price for me. So I sent her my measurements and the first half of my payment. I am really glad now that I didn't send her the whole payment. The due date for the commission was May 1st. And I haven't heard back from her since February. I have emailed her a few times looking for an update. I stated emailing her more and more the closer it got to the due date and she still has not responded to any of my emails and I really really need this costume by May 12th. So I am just at a total loss about what I should do.
Moondemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Contact your bank and see if you can get your money back. Thats all I can tell you :< And be sure to leave a review about this so others know they're a scammer.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
Shimoru

If you did it over paypal, open up a dispute. Although I believe you have 45 days to do so, so I'm not sure if it would be passed the deadline or not.
Shimoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #4
Moondemon

Well if anyone can help me get a hold of Sutie it would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 05-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
quizbowler

^^Same here
quizbowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:11 AM   #6
Moondemon

I did manage to hear from Sutie recently. Costumes not done so I am still screwed but she at least offered up a refund.
Unread 05-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #7
quizbowler

I'm still stuck a bunch of money even though I've tried to contact her with just about every means possible.
Unread 05-19-2011, 02:25 AM   #8
quizbowler

Did you ever get that refund she offered? Because I still haven't heard from her.
Unread 05-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #9
Moondemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizbowler View Post
Did you ever get that refund she offered? Because I still haven't heard from her.
No I have not. More or less I got two responses from her and haven't heard from her in over 10 days. So yeah still screwed. If I manage to get a hold of her I will let her know to contact you.
Unread 05-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #10
quizbowler

Thanks, and same here.
Unread 05-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #11
UK72

That sucks. I don't know if this will help, but I was able to get a refund from PayPal by calling them to complain (not in regards to Sutie, but another seller). It's worth a shot anyway.
UK72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #12
quizbowler

I tried to file a complaint with Paypal, but it was past the 45 day period (a concept I didn't know about since this was my first time commissioning something). I don't know if that's what you're referring to or not.

As far as things I have tried, I have contacted her at two of her different e-mail addresses (with limited success, having heard back from her a few times but not at all in the last few months... she had at one point even said the vest I had commissioned was essentially done and would be shipped to me in a few days), and I have sent her multiple PMs on this site (which, according to her profile, she still frequents). I even tried contacting her on Facebook to no avail.

It's just incredibly disappointing to have this sort of experience be the one to set the tone for me of the whole idea of commissioning in general.
Junpei Iori (60%)
Unread 05-30-2011, 11:55 PM   #13
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Please contact your bank and file a claim. Your bank will be able to help you better than PayPal if your mark from PayPal has come and gone. Do be aware that depending on banks, your time line for that may be up as well. I wouldn't waste another day. Go to your bank, file, and see what comes of it.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #14
Moondemon

I have a very bad update to this story. I did manage to get a hold of her on facebook after sending many messages. she gave me a million and one excuses and I told her just to send me what she has done and the material so I can have someone else finish it. Well after 3 months to the day of this back and forth BS she BLOCKED ME on facebook!!!!!!!! So I need some opinions. I was able to find her address and phone number online through some basic searching also the names of all her family members (kind of scary what I was finding in a simple google search. Be careful what you post kids). Should I try to call her? Should I try to talk to one of her parents? Technically her paypal account was under her mom's name. Any ideas?
Unread 08-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #15
quizbowler

Hmm... I kind of expected she would do something like this. She can't ignore us forever - so she has to find some way to block us. Whatever you decide to do, I'll do the same as long as you can provide me the information I need. It's been a long time now but it would be worth it if I can get my money back still.
Junpei Iori (60%)