Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 81 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 05-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #466
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexluna View Post
Speaking of tattoos, is there any way someone could like....so with Mage Hawke's arm tattoos what was done with Merrill's face tattoos? It would be awesome not to have to paint them on (or to at least have a base to paint over...since it kinda looks like blood anyways).

My boyfriend would have to be painting them on for me and it will take him forever...he's such a perfectionist about it xD
You mean something like this? ^^ The one on top is meant to be the face tattoo and the little things on the side are random splatters and splotches since that's what she seems to have on her right forearm.
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-21-2011, 12:55 AM   #467
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

EDIT: WELL NEVERMIND ALL THAT NONSENSE xD

Thank you sooooosoososoosoooo much Xavietta.

Some day, I'll have something to offer all of you guys for all the help you've been giving me xD

Last edited by Rexluna : 05-21-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Rexluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #468
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

Wow, this is an awesome thread with so many great resource links! Thanks, everyone!

I'm part of a DA2 group that going to Dragon*Con this year (Anders, Finery!Lady Hawke, Bethany, Carver, and Varric). So far I've gotten my husband's Anders coat pretty much complete. All it lacks is the ring clasps.

http://ros1908.deviantart.com/#/d3gcj3r

I've got some beautiful teal suede for the bolero jacket and I'm using fur for the pauldrons, possibly adding feather details later. Having issues sourcing the boots (aren't we all?) but I'm very excited and optimistic! We're also planning a meetup one day so if any of you guys are going to be there, head over to the D*C forum on coscom and chat with me and my homegirl, TheFontBandit!

2012 Costumes:

Rogue Hawke :: Dragon Age 2::
Sgt Tamora Jean Calhoun :: Wreck-it Ralph ::
Rosie Cotton :: LotR ::
ros1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #469
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

No problem Rex!! ^^

ros1908: Great progress so far!! Did you actually sew all those squares together? I'm so jealous of your D*C group! Unfortunately we won't be attending, but if we were my Merrill and my husband's Mage Hawke would definitely tag along!

Last edited by Xavietta : 05-23-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Unread 05-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #470
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
Did you actually sew all those squares together?
Hah! No. I'm the cheats and decided to sew the pattern onto the larger fabric pieces. B) Then I had to put fabric paint over the lines to make them stand out, but I'm happy with the results.

Too bad you guys aren't coming to D*C. I'd love to have a Merrill and M!Hawke at the meetup. Do I remember you going to D*C in the past tho?

2012 Costumes:

Unread 05-23-2011, 10:26 PM   #471
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my armor x.x Sorry I didn't reply, I was in the last minute rush to finish. I wore Flemmy at Acen and...my armor started falling apart as soon as I started walking. I was also really ill that day and didn't get my own photos of the costume. So if anyone finds some could you please send them my way? ^^;; I think I'm going to put on the top part of the costume and wig for hair and makeup shots, though.
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #472
hmwsg x

Here you go Mura, some Cullen photos! I hope this helps.
Unread 05-25-2011, 04:00 AM   #473
Palaven
I like big boats.

Guess who did some stuff? I finished styling my wig, got some progress on my shoes, and my ears came in! They're a bit smaller than I thought they'd be, but that's alright since I have such a small face, haha.

I'm pretty urked since I just found out I have to redo the leg bracers entirely. Not cool.

@ hmwsg x] - Offtopic, but I saw your Aria cosplay on a video today! I saw pics of a Flemeth -at- Acen, but they were so blurry I couldn't tell if they were you or not, haha. If only I can remember where I found them.

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 04:34 AM   #474
hmwsg x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaven View Post
Guess who did some stuff? I finished styling my wig, got some progress on my shoes, and my ears came in! They're a bit smaller than I thought they'd be, but that's alright since I have such a small face, haha.

I'm pretty urked since I just found out I have to redo the leg bracers entirely. Not cool.

@ hmwsg x] - Offtopic, but I saw your Aria cosplay on a video today! I saw pics of a Flemeth -at- Acen, but they were so blurry I couldn't tell if they were you or not, haha. If only I can remember where I found them.
If its the same video, Flemeth is in it too! I'm with my friends who cosplayed Varric and Alistair and we are 2:38 in. Thats a shame that the photos are blurry I'm still having a hard time finding photos.

Your poptab chainmail looks awesome, too! Are they hard to move around in so far?
Unread 05-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #475
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaven View Post
lol that's awesome. Are you going to have enough pop tabs to cover the whole thing?? Seems like a lot.

hmwsg x I can't wait to see pictures of your Flemmeth!!!

ros1908 Nothing wrong with taking some shortcuts for cosplay, it definitely looks like they're all sewn together, so well done ^^ I went to D*C in 2008 and 09. I missed it last year because of work and I can't go this year for lack of hotel room maybe I'll make it in 2012

As for progress, I have none on our DA2 costumes, but I'm trying to finish my Leliana in time for Metrocon in June. I might post some progress shots here if anyone is interested and no one will shoot me because it's not the same game lol
Unread 05-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #476
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

Quote:
As for progress, I have none on our DA2 costumes, but I'm trying to finish my Leliana in time for Metrocon in June. I might post some progress shots here if anyone is interested and no one will shoot me because it's not the same game lol
I solemnly swear not to shoot you for posting progress shots of your Leliana. Please do!

Also I just started watching you on deviantArt. Amazing work! Are you open for a commish at the moment? :3

2012 Costumes:

Last edited by ros1908 : 05-25-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Unread 05-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #477
DarkHayama

It's not like Leliana is from some completely different series or anything. I mean, she's even in the game, albeit not in the same outfit or anything. Though she didn't really have her own outfit in the first game. Even when you meet her, she's just in chantry robes.

But I'd love to see some progress shots of your Leliana
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #478
youjik33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ros1908 View Post
Wow, this is an awesome thread with so many great resource links! Thanks, everyone!

I'm part of a DA2 group that going to Dragon*Con this year (Anders, Finery!Lady Hawke, Bethany, Carver, and Varric). So far I've gotten my husband's Anders coat pretty much complete. All it lacks is the ring clasps.

http://ros1908.deviantart.com/#/d3gcj3r

I've got some beautiful teal suede for the bolero jacket and I'm using fur for the pauldrons, possibly adding feather details later. Having issues sourcing the boots (aren't we all?) but I'm very excited and optimistic! We're also planning a meetup one day so if any of you guys are going to be there, head over to the D*C forum on coscom and chat with me and my homegirl, TheFontBandit!
That looks really good! Which is a comfort since if I get around to starting Dark's costume that's basically what I was considering doing. (Sewing individual squares together would severely test my sanity.)

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #479
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Yay progress!! These are the armour pieces for Leliana's boots of DOOM, which I've been working on the past few days. As the description says, I still need to tool some pieces and dye everything, but the hard part (drafting the brain melting patterns) is over!

ros1908, I added you too! I am open for commissions, send me a PM here or at DA and we can talk about it ^^
Unread 05-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #480
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

Quote:
ros1908, I added you too! I am open for commissions, send me a PM here or at DA and we can talk about it ^^
DA note sent!

2012 Costumes: