Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 75 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 05-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #481
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmwsg x View Post
Here you go Mura, some Cullen photos! I hope this helps.
Thank You Thank You! Those are awesome! Can't wait to see your Flemeth.

Xavietta: Holy crap that's a lot of pieces for her boots! Looking good!

Palaven: That chainmail is coming out nice!

ros1908: Welcome, and great work on Anders, I think I saw that on DA first, but I cannot log in at the time forgot my password and what email it's under.
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #482
Palaven
I like big boats.

So I'm stumped with this costume, once more. I'm trying to tackle to belt buckle bits, but I don't know what I should make them out of. My options are craft foam, or expanding foam. I'm thinking the latter, but I'm unsure if I can even attach it to the leather without it falling off. Do you guys have any ideas/opinions?

@ hmwsg x ] - Maybe it was the same video? I think so. You guys looked wicked awesome from what I saw. (Was not in awe of pretty props, btw)
It's actually quite easy to move in my chainmail and it's comfortable too! I think it's because my stretch fabric underneath has a lovely texture.

@ Xavietta ] - Thank you! I think I have about 1000 or so pop tabs sitting around, and it may not be enough, but I'm getting more haha. Your Leliana boots look really good btw!

@ Lady Mura ] - Thank you!

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #483
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Wow... everyone's costumes are coming along so well! I never would have thought of pop tab chainmail... pure genius!

Xavietta, that Leliana costume is epic! o_O So much detail work it boggles the mind!

My Isabela dress arrived! *happy dance* Here is a quick pic of the dress with the corset (I decided to go with the "romanced" outfit since I already had a black waist cincher):
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2940314/

That's just a quickie phone pic, with me trying to lace the corset by myself... so when I actually have some assistance, I'll be able to take it down probably about another two inches. I also think I need to get some different undergarments to give "the girls" a bit better support. :P

All the dress really needs is trimmed and hemmed in a few places, and the lacing added to the front and sides.
TheFontBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #484
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFontBandit View Post
That's just a quickie phone pic, with me trying to lace the corset by myself... so when I actually have some assistance, I'll be able to take it down probably about another two inches. I also think I need to get some different undergarments to give "the girls" a bit better support. :P

All the dress really needs is trimmed and hemmed in a few places, and the lacing added to the front and sides.
Boobtastic! Seriously, that dress was an awesome find! Our meetup is going to be so much fun!

2012 Costumes:

Rogue Hawke :: Dragon Age 2::
Sgt Tamora Jean Calhoun :: Wreck-it Ralph ::
Rosie Cotton :: LotR ::
ros1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #485
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

You're welcome, Mura!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaven View Post

@ hmwsg x ] - Maybe it was the same video? I think so. You guys looked wicked awesome from what I saw. (Was not in awe of pretty props, btw)
It's actually quite easy to move in my chainmail and it's comfortable too! I think it's because my stretch fabric underneath has a lovely texture.
Well, here is the video just in case We are at 2:38
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #486
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

hmwsg x, you guys look great! The armor looks just fine in the vid.
Unread 05-25-2011, 09:20 PM   #487
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Thanks everyone! I have most of the pieces dyed, but I still need to figure out what's actually going on with the "boot" part before anything is put together...

ros1908, message received and reply sent! ^^

TheFontBandit: Nice! I can't wait til you get all the accessories and everything, it's going to be EPIC

hmwsg x, you guys looked awesome! I wish you were on the video for more than 2 seconds though! I'm really excited to see pix now
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #488
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

@hmwsg x - My husband was next to me at his computer while I watched the video and my exact words to him were, "Oh shit! Alistair! FLEMETH! VARRIC! SWEETNESS!!!!" I had forgotten exactly which characters you guys were doing, so it was a total face-punch of awesome! XD Like Xavietta, I also wish you had been given the same screen time as some of the others.

2012 Costumes:

Rogue Hawke :: Dragon Age 2::
Sgt Tamora Jean Calhoun :: Wreck-it Ralph ::
Rosie Cotton :: LotR ::
ros1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #489
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Ugh! Dis Armorz!!! >_<
It's driving me nuts! Should have just done the shoulder armor for Meredith in Clay too! Meh! Oh well I will figure it out, I'm just frustrated right now! >=(
Well at least the Tron Legacy Soundtrack playing is keeping me sane. =)
Unread 05-26-2011, 01:04 PM   #490
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

Thanks Xav and Font We wished we had a longer run time, too. But my friend made a gif of our clip so we could watch it infinitely hahaha xD
I feel like the leg armor is a bit bulky. I might make the sabatons on high heels so my legs look longer. Inaccurate, but I look so stubby :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by ros1908 View Post
@hmwsg x - My husband was next to me at his computer while I watched the video and my exact words to him were, "Oh shit! Alistair! FLEMETH! VARRIC! SWEETNESS!!!!" I had forgotten exactly which characters you guys were doing, so it was a total face-punch of awesome! XD Like Xavietta, I also wish you had been given the same screen time as some of the others.
Hahaha thank you We all worked up to the last minute on our costumes and had some parts of our stuff break xD But it was worth it! Oh and Bianca's little....arm things could pop out when he pulled a bolt back Its too bad we didn't get that on film either.
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #491
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Man, I really hope someone got some good pics of the three of you! I'd love to see more photos!

Lady Murasama, you can do it! *gets out pom-poms to cheer you on*
Unread 05-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #492
youjik33

Gah, I was going to try to finish the bulk of my costume today but I'm exhausted O.o I just got back from a trip and now I'm working every day.

At least I'm close ^_^*

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #493
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmwsg x View Post
Thanks Xav and Font We wished we had a longer run time, too. But my friend made a gif of our clip so we could watch it infinitely hahaha xD

Is TEH WIN!! Lol! Hey, DATZ TEH Mr. BOBZ Alistair lol. Okay I'm done with my NETZ chatting/typing.
Awe, it would be nice if all of us Dragon Age cosplayers could meet up, oh the joys of living on such HUGE land! :/

Well glad everybody is making progress!! Thanks TheFontBandit! =D
I figured out parts of it, if it doesnt work...............I'M GOING WITH CLAAAAAAAAAAY! >=(
lol.
Unread 05-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #494
youjik33

Probably going to give up. I suck at sewing and nothing I ever make will be anything but sorta mediocre.

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 03:39 PM   #495
jujubee33
Neeeeeeerd!

@hmwsg x: That video in general is awesome. But you three look amazing. And, finally, an Alistair!

That totally pushed me to finish my Flemeth wig. Got the wefting done and now trying to get the hair horns together. This is... fun. Which is really the understatement of the year.
jujubee33 is offline   Reply With Quote