Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1367 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #2071
KoiYuki

Name of Commissioner: cqcos
Character commissioned and series/video game: Madoka Kaname (Puella Magi Madoka Magica), Shoes
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9720072553
Timeline: An agent placed the order for me and it was sent to them within 2-3 weeks, so it was quick. No other significant things there.. They also are custom size.

Pros: They look great, just like the pictures. The inside is soft-ish too.

Cons: The shoes I got ended up with like.. the red around the bottom part being sort of.. tape-like, since it peels a bit where it meets (at the inner center of the foot). It's not really noticeable though.

It's also a bit tight in the toes, and a bit loose in the heels, but the straps around the ankles kind of make the loose heel part less of a problem.

Comments: I'm actually really happy with them, but wish the toe part was just a bit wider. xD

Final Grade: A
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #2072
The_MadHatter

Blackmoon Cosplay

Name of Commissioner: BlackMoon Cosplay
Website/C.com gallery: http://blackmooncosplay.webs.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Witch Hunter Robin: Robin Sena
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
Wig- http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/a.../robinwig2.jpg (I took this picture, the colour looks darker than it actually is)
Necklace- http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/DSCF5542.jpg
http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/DSCF5549.jpg
Timeline: These were two separate orders. I ordered the wig first, was not able to make it to the convention, then ordered the necklace later that year to be ready for the next convention. I ordered the wig in January and put myself in the time slot for May, and ordered the necklace in October and put myself in May again. Everything was here on time, many days in advance.
Describe your Experience:
Pros:One of the great things I loved was she was very honest with what was going on with the current item. When she was having trouble with the necklace she told me right up front.
Another great thing is she has a Twitter account where she updates a couple of times a week with what percentage things are complete. So I knew exactly when she started my necklace. She also does not care if customers email to ask how things are going.
For the items them self,
The wig looks perfect. All I thought of was the handle bars, but when I saw the picture I realized she had even considered Robins bangs for styling. Also the colour looks great and I love the back, it looks so natural.
The necklace is perfect too. The red stone looks realistic, not a cartoony, plastic like others I have seen. And the sculpting is wonderful, the top of the necklace has the same ridges as Robin's where the string goes through.

Cons: The only thing was her Twitter was not updated for a little bit when I knew my necklace was being made, but as soon as I emailed she promptly replied with what was going on.

Comments: I really recommend her for any wig or jewelery items needed because from personal experience they are wonderful. Slots fill up quickly for convention months though so it is ideal to get a quote from her quickly. Whenever I need a new wig or item for a costume I may someday make in the future, I will definitely return to her once again.

Final Grade: A+
The_MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #2073
hildebrande03
Trowa's fangirl for life

Name of Merchant: Arda Wigs
Item purchased (please include quantity): 1 Derek wig in Ash Blonde
Links to picture(s) of your received item: Will post soon!
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Ridiculously quick! I ordered on the 7th of May, it shipped on the 9th, and arrived on the 13th. I spent a little more for priority mail and for the delivery confirmation. (it was just two dollars more)
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: GREAT wig, the color was JUST like the picture, so soft and just beautiful. My one critique is that the layers in the back are not blended very well. Overall, though, it was great buy.

http://cantabrasil03.livejournal.com

Conventions this year:
A-Kon as Belarus

Past conventions:
AX 2009 as Hilde Schbeiker
AX 2010 as Rukia Kuchiki and Hilde Schbeiker
AX 2011 as Belarus
AX 2012 as Belarus, Rukia Kuchiki and Hilde Schbeiker
hildebrande03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 06:44 PM   #2074
hildebrande03
Trowa's fangirl for life

Name of Merchant: Cosplay.com
Item purchased (please include quantity): 1 Long straight wig with bangs in Ash Blonde
Links to picture(s) of your received item: Will post soon!
Timeline (how long your order took to process): I got the wig when they had their free priority shipping sale. I ordered last friday and the wig shipped Monday and arrived Wednesday. Great!
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: The ash blonde in the pictures really does not do the wig justice. In the photos it looks more brown, and there are inconsistencies in color between photos of wigs of the same color. It was sort of a leap of faith to order the wig (which will be used in a Belarus cosplay) but I'm glad I did. It's just the right shade of blonde, not too yellow but not too muted either. The wig is really thick and soft, and feels nice and heavy like long hair should. A beautiful wig, I really can't say anything bad about it.

http://cantabrasil03.livejournal.com

Conventions this year:
A-Kon as Belarus

Past conventions:
AX 2009 as Hilde Schbeiker
AX 2010 as Rukia Kuchiki and Hilde Schbeiker
AX 2011 as Belarus
AX 2012 as Belarus, Rukia Kuchiki and Hilde Schbeiker
hildebrande03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2011, 01:43 AM   #2075
Papier-Crane
mwop mwop!

This is REALLY late, as this transaction took place months ago. My time has been entirely overwhelmed by schoolwork, but I now finally have time to give her the review she deserves!

Name of Commissioner: Phantom Legacy Costumes / CelestialShadow
Website/C.com gallery: www.phantomlegacycostumes.com / http://www.cosplay.com/member/17019/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Ciel Phantomhive, Episode 15 outfit – Kuroshitsuji, Full costume, including a fully tailored coat and capri style pants, hat, pendant , and braided cord.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Picture she sent me. And just a quick test shot, sans eyepatch here. (Apologies for the low quality + messy room, haha; I’ll edit with more pictures when my con takes place.)
Timeline: Made first contact on July 22, 2010. The costume wasn’t needed until June 2011, but she assured me she would be able to do it within about a month, and so the due date was set to September 15. Because of an issue with the jacket lining, we extended the due date but honestly this was not a problem at all, considering that I didn’t need this until June. I believe I got it by the end of November.

A few friends of mine already had a Kuroshitsuji group going on, so I decided to check out the series. Several episodes in and I already knew I wanted one of Ciel Phantomhive’s outfits for sure so I immediately started looking for someone to commission. I am new to the whole commissioning scene but I am still extremely picky when it comes to things like this—especially with the detail level of Ciel’s outfits—so I was especially looking for top notch craftsmanship. Pretty much everyone and their mom is cosplaying Ciel right now, and I wanted mine to be perfectly made. Additionally, the outfit I chose was a bit on the obscure/barely done side and only had one episode’s worth of references and a model sheet to work from. I’ve seen CelestialShadow around the Marketplace before and when I saw she had opened slots for the next coming months, I practically jumped at the chance.

Start of Process: This was my first cosplay commission, so I was a bit nervous. I PMed her and got a detailed response within hours. Not only was she quick, but she was also informative and very personable and friendly. She offered two price quotes—one including the hat and one without—that were both, in my opinion, very much within reason for the quality of her work. She doesn’t come cheap, but if you’re looking for real quality and amazing work, you’ve come to the right place. She even offered to send progress pictures and fabric swatches, free of charge! As a first time commissioner, I felt very comfortable working with her and communication between us felt open and I thought she was very patient towards my typical newbie ignorance~ I sent her my measurements soon after, then the money for a down payment (half the price upfront) on July 30. She was set to work on it at the beginning of August for a September 15 due date.

Pros: What can’t I say about her? She was just awesome to work with and downright friendly, while still maintaining an air of professionalism. Though there were a couple of problems sending fabric swatches, she corrected it right away and expedited them to make up for lost time. In the meanwhile, she assured me she would still be working on it, asked me a few questions about certain preferences before she went about constructing, and even set deadlines for when she would send my progress pictures. Through this, I wasn’t left in the dark at all and I knew what to expect and by when. There was never any vague “I’ll send you some progress pics soon.” If that isn’t indicative of true professional qualification than I don’t know what is.

I received the fabric swatches on August 17th and they were all nicely placed alongside a printout of the reference I sent her, telling me what fabric would be used for each part of the costume and what parts she was still waiting for/ordering. All the fabrics seemed to be perfect and of good quality. It was very informative and got me ridiculously excited for the final product. Oh, and on a bit of irrelevant side note, she has nice handwriting. :’D

On August 19th, I received the first set of progress photos which were of the capri pants that she had just finished. They looked FABULOUS, well tailored, and well made. She also gave me a report on what she was working on then and what more she had to do. From then on, we set a weekly date for progress pictures and so around every week (I think there was one week she skipped, but I believe real life circumstances got in the way. Understandable, and it was fine considering how good she had been with it before.) I would open my inbox on the designated day and have a new email from her with a thorough update and more pictures. It was seriously awesome and like a little treat every time I opened an email from her. Not only that, but it allowed me to quality check and let me know exactly what I was to be getting in the mail so there would be no unpleasant surprises. Honestly, having seen first-hand how beneficial this is, sending weekly (or at least consistent) reports should be common procedure for all commissioners. It allowed me to basically see the process unfold before me, request changes and ask questions about the costume immediately and, again, let me know that I was getting my money’s worth and precisely what I wanted.

On the Costume: Upon receiving the costume, I was pretty much amazed by the quality and craftsmanship of it all. The fabric is high quality; It doesn't give off the costume-y kind of feel, but rather looks very professional. As I said, it was pretty much exactly what I had seen in the pictures she provided. I mean, a button had fallen off along the way, but it’s an easy fix and everything else was perfect anyway. The only real problem I ran into was the fact that I had gained a bit of weight since the beginning of the commissioning process and so the pants didn’t fit me—this, however, has nothing to do with CelestialShadow, as the pants were made from the measurements provided. Luckily, I commissioned this costume early enough and as of now, the pants fit fine and are wearable for my upcoming convention. So, really, this whole process worked out wonderfully and I am the proud owner of a really nifty Ciel outfit.

Cons: Well, honestly, any errors she made along the way were immediately remedied by her before they became a huge problem and she always informed me of them as well, but I figure I should just mention them anyway. I already mentioned about the swatches; basically she had addressed them wrong from the original address I gave and they were sent back to her which caused a delay in my receiving them. Again though, she corrected it ASAP and expedited them to make up for lost time and I did receive them so I don’t really consider this to be a giant problem. I had also requested a teal jacket liner when I first started the commission with her but she accidentally purchased a black liner and sent a swatch of it to me. She informed me once she realized this though and told me she was going to go return it and buy the right fabric the next day, which was actually perfectly fine because she hadn’t started the jacket yet.

Another problem we had with the liner was based on a color error that I take the blame on. I requested a teal liner and so she gave me a teal liner. When she showed me the progress picture with this liner, I realized that I would have wanted it darker and so I should have clarified the color. I asked if she could possibly change it to a darker teal, and though she had a few problems finding one she offered several options to remedy this problem. We eventually came to a painless solution and long story short, I like the liner color it eventually turned out to be.

If I'm being frank, there honestly are no cons. She really is a great problem solver and communicates well with the customer.

Overall, it was honestly a relatively painless process. As someone who does artsy things myself, I know that NO process for ANY project is ever going to run perfectly smooth. Despite the little problems along the way, the final product turned out awesome and I would HIGHLY recommend CelestialShadow to anyone who wants great communication and an awesome costume to boot.

Final Grade: A+ but I would surely go higher if I could!
Papier-Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #2076
inu.matto
Imperial Fist's waifu :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiZ View Post
Name of Merchant: laurawu_123
Website: http://myworld.ebay.com/laurawu_123?...:X:RTQ:US:1181
Item purchased: "26" Long Pink Razor Cut Face Framing Cosplay Wig 0547"
Links to picture(s) of your received item: http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/v...Comparison.jpg
So sorry to hear you had such problems with this seller, since I buy from them quite often. My sister's classmate actually bought the same wig you did (and were supposed to get) and it was perfectly the same colour and style (see here: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2533974/) she was more than satisfied with it! I had once bought a 51" purple wig from them (see the same photo I provided above, if you like). Colour wasn't exactly as they claimed it should be, but it was alright, aside enormous tangling, which is what... most 51" wigs do anyway.

Last edited by inu.matto : 05-22-2011 at 09:55 AM.
inu.matto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #2077
Rose of Battle
lolwut

Oh man, I meant to do this a while ago! Let's see if I can remember the details...

Name of Commissioner: ArcaneStatic
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/143498/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Ivan - Golden Sun (partial commission of just the top-most layer--the green shirt + cape and the yellow bit)
I'm still waiting on pictures from my photographer, but I have one picture I took myself.
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2898168/
Better pictures to come soon!
Timeline: I think I contacted him around mid-January. He was busy at the moment--traveling, I think--and let me know that he got my message and would give me a quote as soon as he got home. A few days later, he gave me a quote and sounded very enthusiastic about making the costume. It was a reasonable price and judging by the things he had made before, I thought it was worth it. By the following week he already got the fabric. Within the next couple of weeks, he made the costume and gave me pictures throughout the process. When I was concerned about something, I didn't hesitate to ask him about it, and when he had a couple options of doing something, he explained them to me and let me pick which one I'd prefer. I felt included in the whole process. I think I had the costume in my hands by mid-late February.
Pros: It's all absolutely fantastic! I got progress pictures, we were able to communicate easily through PMs, he answered my questions, the craftsmanship was fantastic, and he was very professional and friendly throughout the whole process. He also gave me a surprise discount because he loves Golden Sun.

Cons: I actually don't have any cons over this commission.

Comments: I highly recommend ArcaneStatic. He has a lot of experience in making costumes and other clothes. And he's fun to talk to!

2014: Genericon, PAX East, Otakon

2015: Katsucon, Genericon, Anime Boston(?), Otakon
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #2078
MidnaMoon
cyuun

Name of Merchant: Cosplay Garden
Website: http://myworld.ebay.com/cosplaygarde...id=p4340.l2559
Item purchased: 1 Ciel Phantomhive wig

Links to picture(s) of your received item: these are all my cosplay photos lol...but it more or less gives you a general gist of the wig.

http://midnamoon.deviantart.com/art/...midnamoon&qo=3
http://midnamoon.deviantart.com/gallery/?#/d2qibo8
http://midnamoon.deviantart.com/art/...midnamoon&qo=6
(it's really blue because of the lighting)

Timeline : because it's from China, it was assumed that the wig wouldn't arrive ASAP. It came in about a month or so, which I suppose isn't that bad. I wasn't in a hurry to receive the wig anyways, so it generally came on time.

Pros: - the packaging was good; it was secured in a box, which I prefer over the manila envelopes
- it was the right style/length as the picture
- she gave me a refund after, about half the price I paid (since I kept the wig so it wasn't a complete refund)

Cons: When the package came I was really excited, but upon opening the box it was obvious that it was the wrong color.
The color in the picture was supposed to be GRAY.
But as you can see in the photos above, it is BLUE BLUE BLUE.
I know that all the Chinese ebay sellers pretty much sell the same product, and for Ciel there were two general types of wigs that were being sold: a grayish-blue wig with blue strands, or a blue wig with black strands.
I didn't want either, so I was set on finding a dark gray wig, no strands or anything.
This wig was the blue with black strands, which I didn't like the most over the two choices.

Comments: Overall, I was extremely disappointed. This was my first wig and I had high hopes, but I really should've researched more.
I still used the wig, but I personally hated my Ciel cosplay, and I probably won't be cosplaying him anytime soon in the near future.

Final Grade: D
Wig was still useable, but looked nothing like the picture shown.

Lightning Farron.FINAL FANTASY XIII [0%]
Aerith Gainsborough.FINAL FANTASY VII [0%]
Mutuality!Euphemia li Britannia.CODE GEASS [40%]
Sora.KINGDOM HEARTS 2 [40%]
3rd Uniform!Lenalee Lee.D.GRAY-MAN [0%]

C O N S 2O12 / 2013
Anime Revolution 2012
Cos & Effect 2012
Sakura Con 2012 (?)

Last edited by MidnaMoon : 10-11-2011 at 07:43 PM.
MidnaMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #2079
Sakaiyo

Supa Anime
http://stores.ebay.com/Supa-Anime
Character commissioned: Misaki Ayuzawa from Kaichou Wa Maid Sama !
Links to picture: ( sorry no bottom part ) http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/...DSC01875-1.jpg
Timeline: Around 2 weeks.
Pros : The overall costume looks great. The bloomers are able to adjust to my thigh shape & corset was very outstanding. I loved it. The collar looks very accurate and the ribbons on the arms are removable so that's cool too.
Cons : The white bust area is too loose. If you wanted, you could easily just yank the top area a little and see my chest. :c Not good. And the dress was too LONG. It came down to my knee and not to the thigh. The ribbons are too heavy. Makes it easy for me to sweat while in cosplay. D8 And since the ribbons are so heavy, they can jerk the straps down.
Experience : I adjusted some of it to suit me. It's still a problem to me though. If I had known this would happen, I would've never bought it in the first place.
Final Grade: C +

A-Kon 23
Friday : : Sun Shang Xiang from Dynasty Warriors 6 ( 90% )
Saturday : : Serah Farron from Final Fantasy XIII-2 ( 75% , working on weapon )
- Will be with FFXIII-2 Lightning, FFXIII-2 Hope, Yeul, Noel, & FFXIII-2 Snow.
Sunday : : Serah Farron from Final Fantasy XIII-2 or some other costume

AnimeFest
Friday : : Sun Shang Xiang from Dynasty Warriors 6
Saturday : : Serah Farron from Final Fantasy XIII-2
Sunday : : Uncertain
Monday : : L.Joe Lee from Teen Top

Last edited by Sakaiyo : 05-29-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Sakaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #2080
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Name of Commissioner: loserific
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/15147/
Character commissioned: Tenshi from Touhou Project
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Nothing recieved.

Timeline: Costume ordered and a down payment made in November 2010 for May 2011. Nothing was recieved. Sporadic email contact in the months to come... no progress or material photos (both requested) delivered until one week to deadline (at which poin the costume had only just been begun). Order cancelled in May. Refund promised in June. Refund recieved in September 2011 after a complaint to the BBB and another user's intervention.

Describe your Experience: See email transcripts at the end of this message for a taste of the timeline and style of runaround I recieved.

Pros: Ashli is a pleasant and professional person who was quite kind in the early stages and laid out quite precisely what I wanted and the materials it would be made from. Contact in the first month was daily.

Courteous, if late, in replying to complaints as well. Offered an amicable solution to the issue of non-delivery (though it was not honored until 4 months after it was offered).

Cons: No costume. Almost no contact. Promised refund not recieved until nearly one year after the deal was entered into. Lots and lots of excuses. Others had virtually identical issues and are recieving the same run-around.

Comments: I didn't recieve the item promised before the deadline requested. I didn't recieve it at all. Contact has been sketchy and promises empty.

Final Grade: 0/10 (nothing recieved, incredibly poor communication and follow-through)

Some of our email transcripts follow:

(May 15 ~ to loserific)

I recieved this email from another member of cosplay.com.
Hopefully it will actually be read.

The last message I recieved from you:

"4/14

Hello! Sorry, I did get your last message I just forgot. I'm putting on a cosplay picnic this Saturday so I've been just hoping on and off cosplay.com.

Anywho, I bought the majority of the supplies yesterday and I plan to start sewing by the end of the week. I should have progress shots by Monday, hopefully.

Thanks for being patient and talk to you soon!

Ashli"

Monday = 4/18
Today's Date = 5/15
My event = 5/28

The original request/terms =
still up as they always were here - http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s.../36378/cat/500

This request was made in November... there has been more than enough time to complete it in a timely manner.

I"m leaving the country in July and have already begin shipping items home. I have no use for a costume I can't wear for the event I intended to wear it to... nor do I want pay the price to ship it to Japan only to turn around and ship it back. Even if I recieved it at this point, it would be too late to work out a wig, shoes and any adjustments I need. I can't make my event deadline now.

In light of having not received any of the promised photos on the dates promised and having recieved no evidence of work on the costume and no courtesy/update emails, I can only assume that it won't be finished on time. It's no skin off my back, provided I can receive a full refund.

Please let me know how to go about doing so.

Sincerely,
- (kiratsukai)"

(May 17 ~ from loserific)

Hello,

I am extremely sorry for my delay. I've been meaning to send you an e-mail (I went through the paypal e-mail) for about a week and a half now though I can honestly say that I have been extremely busy with work and personal issues. I am about halfway finished with the costume and hope that you would still like to go through with this even though I understand your situation. I have no problem shipping it to your home in the US. The whole costume would be ready in the first week of June. I have the shirt almost done, the skirt is about halfway through, and the apron is still being worked out. Like I said, I have had progress to show for about a week and a half now and purchased the fabric about three weeks ago, it's just been a matter of me getting the time to e-mail you.

Because of the situation, I can offer a full refund or 25% off the total order if you want the costume completed. I do hope that you choose to go through with the order though.

If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know. I apologize again for my extreme delay and lack of communication. I hope that we can work something out.

Thank you and talk to you soon,

Ashli

(May 19 ~ to loserific)

I had to put a bit of thought into this one.

Here's my situation: I will be moving in July after a period of a few weeks without a set residence. I'll go into another month of about the same... with no address or transportation. Having new items arrive at this point is really a HUGE hassle.

I may be willing to take the costume at the discounted rate ~if~ and only if you can provide photos of what is currently finished. That means I need a bit of honesty on your part -- if nothing is finished, great. The materials can be used for something else... If a good deal is already in progress ~ then I would feel badly sticking you with the half-completed project.

Even if I were to take the costume -- it would be another 3 months until I were able to actually recieve it at any remotely stable address and then it would likely not be worn as I have no events lined up in the USA (all my event plans were in Japan).

Level with me, let me know what is complete (without rushing to complete more last minute) and we'll talk.

Thanks,

-----no reply-------

(May 28, to loserific)

I would like a full refund before the end of June.

I'm taking lack of response to the previous offer as a refusal.

No more negotiations.

It isn't going to work out. I'd like my money back.

Thank you,
(kiratsukai on cosplay.com)

Update 9/19/2011 : Ashli is actively in contact with newer customers while ignoring my emails (3 of them) and requests for refunds. BBB complaint filed along with the others. You can see her rating and file your own complaints here -- http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...s-CA-100107579

Shortly after filing this complaint and the intervention of another user on this website, I recieved my refund of 182.50 via paypal.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 09-19-2011 at 11:05 PM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 06:32 PM   #2081
Rikkurific

Name of Commissioner: JDsCosplay
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/174387/
Character commissioned: Thief Rikku from Final Fantasy X-2
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: No pictures yet; I am a bum.

Timeline: Ordered in February or March; got it this month! I don't need it until October, just planning ahead.

Describe your Experience: Good! He answered my questions and was prompt in responding to emails.

Pros: Quick responses, good quality items. Items were well packaged.

Cons: The cups on my bikini top are a bit too small -- I guess that's my problem, though! I can make it work.

Comments: He's friendly and accommodating; I enjoyed working with him.

Unread 05-30-2011, 09:46 PM   #2082
kuroi_shi
Nerd Girl

Name of Commissioner: SexualDisgrace
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/a172679/
Character commissioned: Sakura from Tsubasa (Wig only)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://img191.imageshack.us/g/sdc13439z.jpg/

Timeline: Paid the deposit at the end of April, received the item at the end of May. Well before my July 31st deadline

I had never commissioned anything before, so I was more than a little nervous, after hearing all of the horror stories on here..
I posted an ad looking for a wig on the marketplace, and I got a ton of offers.. I chose her because her work was very good.

Pros: Communication was excellent, I got updates frequently, and all of my messages were responded to very quickly. 3 days I think was the longest wait. She sent me progress pictures, and when I asked for a change, it was done within minutes.
When the wig was shipped, I received a tracking number and everything. It also arrived very quickly, considering it was coming to Canada from Poland.

Cons: A tiny bit of a language barrier, not a big deal though.

Comments: Overall, awesome experience. I've already got another wig being commissioned by the same person

Unread 05-31-2011, 07:14 PM   #2083
Kiro

Name of Commissioner: Hello Cosplay

Character: Hibari Kyoya (Jacket, Shirt, Pants, Tie, Arm Band)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: TBA

Timeline: Ordered morning of 5/17, shipped on 5/28, arrived on 5/31 (delayed by Memorial Day)

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Materials felt sturdy but cheap. Everything was single-stitched. The buttons on the jacket sleeves are decorative, but the three outer pockets are functional; otherwise, it was definitely a bit tight around the shoulder and arm area. Don't have much confidence in any of the jacket buttons staying attached. Shirt was a bit short. The pants, which had a zipper and clip and shallow front pockets, were way too small around the butt (couldn't sit down without ripping the crotch seam) and too long (the length of which was specified when ordering). Arm band is way too tight to fit around my arm, with or without clothing in between. Tie is properly sized.

Edit: At the convention, the jacket buttons fell off immediately with very little effort. Shirt and pants are useless for me.

Final Grade: C

-----

Name of Commissioner: Hello Cosplay

Character: Timber (Vest, Shirt, Pants, Bow-tie, Sleeve Holder)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: TBA

Timeline: Ordered morning of 5/17, shipped on 5/28, arrived on 5/31 (delayed by Memorial Day)

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Much nicer/softer materials than above and just as sturdy. Again, everything is single-stitched. Shirt fits perfectly. Pants has an elastic waist band in the back, is a bit loose, and is buttoned closed. Vest is too short and I don't have much confidence in the buttons staying attached; color is way too dark compared to reference pics and sample image. Sleeve holder bands are elastic and are too loose for me. To my disappointment, the pants chains shown in the sample picture weren't included.

Final Grade: B

-----

I've contacted HelloCosplay via email to resolve some of these issues. If they are resolved, I will update accordingly and PM the OP about the changes.

Edit:

Quote:
Dear customer,
We are sorry to hear that.The chains isn't included in our description,so we didn't make it for you.And the vest has been the short paragraph,and you haven't left a note about the length you want it to be,so we made it according to the standard size"L".We are sorry it can't fit you best.And about the armband,you also haven't left your arm circumference,so we made it according your other measurements.
Sorry for the inconveniences we caused to you.
Kindest regards!
Can't really argue, though it's a bit deceptive.

Last edited by Kiro : 06-12-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2011, 10:12 PM   #2084
HimeZelda
A Match Made in Hyrule

I am renewing a review on her since I just recently did a few more commissions with her in the past year. ^^

Name of Commissioner
Lunaladyoflight

Character commissioned and series/video game:
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Princess Zelda Wig
(http://www.cosspace.com/file/pic/pho...elda-8_500.jpg)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Link Wig
(http://teenymanolo.com/wordpress/wp-...09/08/Link.jpg)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Princess Zelda Wig
(http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...iden_Zelda.png)
Tales of Graces - Cheria Barnes Wig
(http://www.kiri-no-hana.net/cheria/immagini/v1_01.jpg)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Princess Zelda and Link Wigs
(http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2231202/)
(http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2231203/)
(http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2092934/)
(http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2103328/)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Princess Zelda Wig:
(http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2727468/)
(http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2749313/)
(http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2727637/)
Tales of Graces - Cheria Barnes Wig:
(http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2946833/)
(http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2946799/)

Timeline (how long your order took to process)
Anytime I ever give Lunaladyoflight a date to follow by she always goes along with it! She respects my timeline every time and has never failed to not give me my wig on time or give me a low quality graded wig! She is amazing and my favorite wig commissioner ever! =D

Final Grade:
If I could give past an A++++++ I would! XD

A+

NYCC 2014:
Friday:Kor/Shing x Kohaku from Tales of Hearts

AnimeNEXT 2015:
Friday:Cless and Mint from Tales of Phantasia
Saturday:Link and (Queen Version)Zelda from The Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past
HimeZelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #2085
Rua

Name of Commissioner: JDsCosplay

Website/C.com gallery: http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss111/JDscosplay/

Character commissioned and series/video game:
Gaap - Umineko no nako koro ni (hat, dress, bows for stockings and shoes)
Bakura (trench coat)

Gaap: http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/537/gaapdress2.jpg
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/5859/gaapdress.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/859/gaaphatandbows.jpg
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2985/gaapshoes.jpg
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/8950/gaapshoes2.jpg

Bakura: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5...trenchcoat.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About five or six weeks, not including shipping (about a week or two)

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Excellent. He sent me in-progress pictures of what he had done, and if he hadn't I would've have noticed a slight colour problem with the bows - that, I may add, he was able to fix immediately!

Libra/Riviera - Fire Emblem: Awakening (Sunday) - 70%/close enough :P

Next con - Atomic Lollipop 2014
Rua is offline   Reply With Quote