Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Original Designs

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-31-2011, 04:44 PM   #16
Anmanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmodic View Post
ah, yeah, the internet is pretty messed up, i can't figure out anything anymore!
Yeah.. But hey I think I found something! OuO

"huke is a Japanese illustrator who is best known for creating the original character, Black★Rock Shooter, and working with the doujin group Supercell. His character was the inspiration for Supercell's lead member ryo, who wanted to use huke's design to create a song and music video. Eventually this collaboration led to many opportunities for both parties, as the universe of Black★Rock Shooter eventually became an OVA and spawned many merchandise releases."

Quoted from BRS wiki, so basically, dude creates character, dudes friend creates song about character, Miku sings song~ :3

Unread 05-31-2011, 04:50 PM   #17
Kindri
Dem-Dem lover

wow so much positive responses thank you for the support.

I think I will switch between topless and a short tank top occasionaly, just to mix it up a bit. and boots look good on this plus the song you sent was awesome : D

Also as stated, I did some digging around before deciding to do this.

Black Rock Shooter was originally a drawing, it was coincidental that it had the same hair as Miku. A song writer liked the picture so much it inspired him to make the song "Black Rock Shooter" (using Miku's voice) into which the artist was credited and was asked permission before submiting it to a Japanese version of Youtube which got 2.2 millions views. Thus setting of the fan base we know today.

or so I remember reading anyway

Hopefully that eased your pains, just as you eased mine :3
Kindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #18
Gryphon Fyre

Go for it! I think the worse thing that could happen would be if you were mistaken for the main character from Ao No Exorcist, and that isn't that bad, all things considered. C:
Gryphon Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2011, 09:07 PM   #19
zizi994
Kaede

There is gender bender fan art everywhere. I say, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindri View Post
Also as stated, I did some digging around before deciding to do this.

Black Rock Shooter was originally a drawing, it was coincidental that it had the same hair as Miku. A song writer liked the picture so much it inspired him to make the song "Black Rock Shooter" (using Miku's voice) into which the artist was credited and was asked permission before submiting it to a Japanese version of Youtube which got 2.2 millions views. Thus setting of the fan base we know today.
I had no idea. That's really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Upcoming Costumes:
None, for now

Upcoming Conventions:
San Japan Samurai 7 : San Antonio, TX
Delta H Con : Houston, TX
zizi994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2011, 09:47 PM   #20
Convulsive
My name is Kan

My brain is no longer beffudled.
THANK YOU WIKIPEDIA~

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #21
ARIADecember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anmanda View Post
Yeah.. But hey I think I found something! OuO

"huke is a Japanese illustrator who is best known for creating the original character, Black★Rock Shooter, and working with the doujin group Supercell. His character was the inspiration for Supercell's lead member ryo, who wanted to use huke's design to create a song and music video. Eventually this collaboration led to many opportunities for both parties, as the universe of Black★Rock Shooter eventually became an OVA and spawned many merchandise releases."

Quoted from BRS wiki, so basically, dude creates character, dudes friend creates song about character, Miku sings song~ :3
Ryo is known for using miku and he fell in love with Hukes work, tho Huke did change her design a lil to not be confused with miku, I think that is were the short pony tail on her side is shorter then her longer one

But I don't think it worked, seeing how many people were still confused and thought she was miku
ARIADecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #22
waterlotus12

i went down to megacon and saw an awesomme male vers. of black rock shooter! go for it!
waterlotus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #23
RydiaValentine
Many talented Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anmanda View Post
I think so yeah, that's what I've read/heard at least >A<; It might be that the story was based off the song but not the characters? I'm not so sure anymore, I tried to look into it and it seems like different sites say different things? .__. But the thing I hear/read the most is that BRS isn't related to Miku in any way ^^;
BRS OVA is based off the song BRS, and the character BRS too. The song was sang by Miku and she was depicted in the video as BRS, there is even a Black Rock Chooter fan art and video based off Hachune Miku xD and all the other Vocaloids in BRS version in fan arts and cosplays. You should see the original video and original fanart, everything was made long before the OVA by an artist called Huke and a friend of him.

I think the companies producing the BRS game and OVA want to get money with something that isn't their property, and in order to avoid being charged for copyright infraction they say "it doesn't have anything to do with Miku", when it's a blatant copy (they even copied the animation of the video song lol).

It's the danger of Vocaloid programs: people create characters, dresses, stories based off them, then a company copies everything and make a profit for themselves. I really hope they're paying Huke and his friend for this.

Last edited by RydiaValentine : 06-01-2011 at 07:28 PM.
RydiaValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #24
Charm
Starry-Eyed Space Case

I would love to see this! Black leather and big guns? Sounds like the perfect thing to genderbend.

My only question would be how you'd pull off the rather revealing nature of the costume... I personally think going shirtless with either open-chest or part of your coat zipped up would look very good for male BRS cosplay.
Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #25
Kindri
Dem-Dem lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm View Post
I would love to see this! Black leather and big guns? Sounds like the perfect thing to genderbend.

My only question would be how you'd pull off the rather revealing nature of the costume... I personally think going shirtless with either open-chest or part of your coat zipped up would look very good for male BRS cosplay.
I was going for an open chest with the jacket when I do it topless but I think coat zipped up as well would work. As for the jacket itself do you think people would mind if I altered the size of the jacket possibly reaching my knees or thighs?
Unread 06-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #26
TiltedFollower
Is a brony.

I saw an amazing genderbent Black Rock Shooter at AWA. He was shirtless and had the jacket at his ankles, and his wig looked like a dark navy/black black Kaito wig with some dark blue streaks; it was really, really cool (although I didn't ask him how he made the gunsword). As for the jacket, I think people would understand if you didn't want your jacket running all over the ground getting dirty/stepped on. Knees or thighs is understandable for length.
Homura Akemi - Puella Magi Madoka★Magica
Female Trainer (Hilda) - Pokemon Black & White
Protagonist - Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

I'll see you at Anime Matsuri 2012~!
TiltedFollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #27
Kindri
Dem-Dem lover

I think your right on that one

I'm not sure how people can stand having there clothes scrap across the floor getting it dirty.
I don't think I will go for a wig, always been a natural hair kind of person, will possiby do the black hair but with a gradient of navy blue at the ends or at some points of the hair.

On another note how would I do the flaming eye?
Unread 06-09-2011, 07:24 AM   #28
Ameer

I cosplayed as Kaito in his Black Rock Shooter form, It's actually really fun! I still have my costume ;P
AnimeNEXT! - Masaomi Kida : Durarara!

Ameer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 01:33 AM   #29
TiltedFollower
Is a brony.

The flaming eye... um... oAo;;

The sort of hardish see-through plastic people usually use for Kamina's shades? /help failure You could make a sort of scooter (as in OVER 9000!!!!!11!1!) with a wire sort of thing (like people do for Vocaloid headphones, as seen in Ameer's avvie) and bend it around. :B You'd have to make sure the plastic/foam/whatever you use for the blue flame isn't too heavy, though.

Or just be really dedicated and lite a propane tank right by your eye! 8D Because that would be really, really safe... OuO;; (Oh god it's like my advice gets worse/stranger with every post)
Homura Akemi - Puella Magi Madoka★Magica
Female Trainer (Hilda) - Pokemon Black & White
Protagonist - Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

I'll see you at Anime Matsuri 2012~!
TiltedFollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #30
DandyPianist
Pianist

Hmm, a BRS Male one word to describe it "Cool" ^^ When you finish you should post the pics