Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > The Orange Box

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #121
Sorahana
...That was a joke

I have Chell from Portal 2 planned for Otakon. I an having a fun time trying to plot out how to make the long fall boots (lol).
Panda Punch: Cosplay Photography
Sorahana is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #122
Rurouni-Idoru

I might as well de-lurk before I finish the stupid thing: I'm also working on Portal 2 version Chell, and, in fact, the long fall boots are what I'm trying to finish now.

I'm attempting to make them out of the vinyl-over-foam method that's popular with mecha cosplayers, and attach them to bootcovers. (I say "attempting" because I keep running into problems, such as defective spray cans on the glue I bought....) I was stuck for ideas on the heelsprings, until I discovered something called a "door bottom" in the DIY section of the Walmart I was shopping in that so far, seems perfect.

The con I want to debut her at is in 19 days, so I'm really feeling the pressure, to say the least.
Rurouni-Idoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #123
Gabbyv23
That one chick

Might be doing a Chell cosplay for A-kon =3=
but parts of it are frustrating me so I might not.
Gabbyv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2011, 05:31 AM   #124
palomino1234

I'm planning to cosplay as Chell. Started making the portal gun and it's very hard to make! Also trying to figure out what boots to get... I'm not sure how I would be able to walk in high heel boots with the heel cut off, and flat boots just don't look the same.
palomino1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 11:48 PM   #125
ZettaBirdo

I'm planning those boots out too. This being my first serious go at making a cosplay...I regret this deeply. Can anyone speak to the most likely terrible idea of using actual steel for the heel? Like, cut off the heel on some boots and...replace it with the metal bar somehow? :\\
ZettaBirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 03:03 AM   #126
palomino1234

Well, I found 2 photos of finished Portal 2 Chell cosplayers, with the long fall boots!
http://uk.gamespot.com/images/specia...130_screen.jpg
http://uk.gamespot.com/images/specia...456_screen.jpg

I guess they just cut off the heel and walk like that?
palomino1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #127
Hakkari
HEY! LISTEN!

Oh goodness those boots, man ;-; I'm thinking I'll just cut off the heels of my Blackrose boots and just pray that I don't fall back on my rear during the con lol.

And I only have like 20-ish days left before the con. I have the rest of it done, though. I dunno, should I just make the heel springs and make it a mixture of Portal 1 and Portal 2 Chell? o3o
Hakkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 02:07 AM   #128
Pendragon5
Subject User Title Here

I'm going to cosplay as GLaDOS using the Miku-based design (alternately known as GLaDOS-tan), debuting it at either a one-day con in August (doesn't really have panels) or one three-day one in October, depending on whether or not it's finished by August (though it probably will be).

Yeah, that's it.
Pendragon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #129
Rewrite
The Gogglesaurus Rex

Just started getting back into Portal and am hopping on the costume bandwagon for it.

Since I have so much random crap sitting around at home I've decided to take up a challenge of making a GLaDOS costume out of mostly extra/recyclable materials. And to make my life more of a living android hell I'm making it look just like GLaDOS in the games, with all the wires and gear-looking things and LEDs and plating.
Hoping to get it finished before September. Already have more than enough material to make wires and some framework. Now I need to go dumpster diving at the local landfill (or at least try to buy some junk off the people there).

If I'm lucky, I may be able to make some parts be detachable so I can make a Wheatley version, too C:

Hanji Zoe (Attack on Titan), Snowman (Homestuck), Tentacruel!gijinka (Pokemon)

tumblr - gogglesaurus
Rewrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 04:26 AM   #130
RisaSparkle

Okay, can anyone tell me what is the grey part of Chell's portal 2 outfit? It looks a strange material and I cannot figure out what its supposed to be part of!

See here : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...cture168c.jpg/

and here :http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...echellget.jpg/

Alsooo, I found a tutorial for a Portal gun: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...-a-Portal-Gun/

Doesnt look too difficult, I'm going to try it out and let you all know how it goes :3

Last edited by RisaSparkle : 06-05-2011 at 04:47 AM.
RisaSparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #131
Hakkari
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisaSparkle View Post
Okay, can anyone tell me what is the grey part of Chell's portal 2 outfit? It looks a strange material and I cannot figure out what its supposed to be part of!

See here : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...cture168c.jpg/

and here :http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...echellget.jpg/

Alsooo, I found a tutorial for a Portal gun: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...-a-Portal-Gun/

Doesnt look too difficult, I'm going to try it out and let you all know how it goes :3
I'm not too terribly sure about what the gray material is either D8 I'm just planning on using a gray tank underneath the other two to fake it. It kin of looks like it has a zipper in the front, though?
Hakkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #132
Rewrite
The Gogglesaurus Rex

@ RisaSparkle - I almost want to say it might be a separate pair of shorts or pants underneath the jumpsuit judging from the zipper and how it doesn't look attached the the tank top.
Might want to look into finding some athletic stretch material since that generally tends to look pretty smooth and doesn't wrinkle that much when in use. Or find some grey shorts/pants/whatever that look similar at a [sports] store that sells athletic-type clothing then just modify it to your needs.

Hanji Zoe (Attack on Titan), Snowman (Homestuck), Tentacruel!gijinka (Pokemon)

tumblr - gogglesaurus
Rewrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2011, 07:46 AM   #133
RisaSparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewrite View Post
@ RisaSparkle - I almost want to say it might be a separate pair of shorts or pants underneath the jumpsuit judging from the zipper and how it doesn't look attached the the tank top.
Might want to look into finding some athletic stretch material since that generally tends to look pretty smooth and doesn't wrinkle that much when in use. Or find some grey shorts/pants/whatever that look similar at a [sports] store that sells athletic-type clothing then just modify it to your needs.
Ohh, thank you for clearing that up!! That's a really simple way to do it! ~

Last edited by RisaSparkle : 06-10-2011 at 10:30 PM.
RisaSparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #134
Nathus Dorkus
Fullmetal Dork

*Handraise* Planning a human GlaDOS crossplay.
Nathus Dorkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 01:22 AM   #135
MissCookie
Iza-nii does my laundry

I did a human!GLaDOS cosplay from (specifically) Portal 2.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2979682/

It's still a bit of a WIP but I wore it to Animazement 2011.
MissCookie is offline   Reply With Quote