Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
KatTehninja

Piercings, stretched ears, etc?

DISCUSS.
I used to stretch my ears, but my mom's a poop. I was up to a 4g and she made me take them out. I spent like $80 and a year stretching them. It sucked so bad. So much wasted time and money. Dx
What kinda piercings do you have?
What size are your ears? :3
Any piercings you want?
KatTehninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #2
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Just the standard ear piercing. I'm not generally fond of piercings, but I may eventually get double holes in my earlobes, or a cartilage piercing. Dunno which one yet.:P Lol, my mother and my boyfriend's mother have more done on them than me and they're in their mid-late 40's (Mom has double holes, boyfriend's Mom has double holes, a nose piercing and a small tattoo)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
KatTehninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Just the standard ear piercing. I'm not generally fond of piercings, but I may eventually get double holes in my earlobes, or a cartilage piercing. Dunno which one yet.:P Lol, my mother and my boyfriend's mother have more done on them than me and they're in their mid-late 40's (Mom has double holes, boyfriend's Mom has double holes, a nose piercing and a small tattoo)
You should get a cartilage piercings! Those are awesome. ^-^ Oh goodness, your boyfriend's mom seems like a badass. :3
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

LOL, it seems so when I rattle off her body mods, but she's a sweethearted folk musician who's always in flowy pastels and works for city hall. XD The nose piercing REALLY suits her, too (and the tattoo was commemorative for a family death).
Yeah, I'm pretty convinced on a cartilage piercing. I just have to figure out how to wear wigs and prosthetic elf ears with one (as in, when you can take it out BUT still need to leave something in it all the time). And ear cuffs seem to do the job pretty well SO far, but they can be a pain. Lol. I've actually been thinking more about a tattoo than a piercing (not decided on that one either. I know what I'd get but dunno if I WOULD do it or not...)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #5
KatTehninja

Quote:
LOL, it seems so when I rattle off her body mods, but she's a sweethearted folk musician who's always in flowy pastels and works for city hall. XD The nose piercing REALLY suits her, too (and the tattoo was commemorative for a family death).
Yeah, I'm pretty convinced on a cartilage piercing. I just have to figure out how to wear wigs and prosthetic elf ears with one (as in, when you can take it out BUT still need to leave something in it all the time). And ear cuffs seem to do the job pretty well SO far, but they can be a pain. Lol. I've actually been thinking more about a tattoo than a piercing (not decided on that one either. I know what I'd get but dunno if I WOULD do it or not...)
Awh that's so cute. :3 That's awesome when people get tattoos like that. It's annoying seeing tattoos that people got just to get them. Oh that makes sense, I bet you could find a way to fit the wig or ears around the piercing Or you could get like, a little stub to put in there that wouldn't get in the way. A tattoo would be awesome! What would you get? My friend told me it just feels like light scratching, but I think it depends on where you get it.
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #6
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yeah, I figured a small sleeper or those screw-in flat-back earrings would work to not snag on anything. My prosthetic elf ears are hollow inside, so it's more of a positioning trick than anything. Heck, if careful you can add a piercing-hole, but you need to be super precise when you line it up...
And I'd get either a pentacle with the waxing and waning crescent moons beside it (that's most likely) OR, a pentacle with a snake for the circle. Certainly something with a pentacle. And probably around my back bra-strap. Fairly private, but not invisible if I want to show it.
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #7
ShinobuWind
An Ocean Loving Nerd! =D

I'm always confused about the sizes for stretched ears. Is it the smaller the number the more stretched?

I only have standard ear piercings. I don't wear my earrings often though..since I need to figure out what metals I need since i'm allergic to some. I used to have my cartilage pierced a long long time ago, but it got infected so I removed it. If I can figure out how it can work with elf ears, I may get it redone.
I'm not sure where, but I think I do want more piercings..not too many though. My mom thinks i'd look good with a nose piercing or my eyebrow pierced...I wanted to get my lip pierced for a while..but that may look weird on me. I think I may just get a second set of holes...XD
ShinobuWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:52 PM   #8
KatTehninja

Quote:
Yeah, I figured a small sleeper or those screw-in flat-back earrings would work to not snag on anything. My prosthetic elf ears are hollow inside, so it's more of a positioning trick than anything. Heck, if careful you can add a piercing-hole, but you need to be super precise when you line it up...
And I'd get either a pentacle with the waxing and waning crescent moons beside it (that's most likely) OR, a pentacle with a snake for the circle. Certainly something with a pentacle. And probably around my back bra-strap. Fairly private, but not invisible if I want to show it.
Oh yeah that would work too! :3 Ooo, sounds complicated. I think I'd get frustrated if I had to do that lol. I like the snake idea, that would look awesome. That seems like a good place for it. ^-^ And you can also keep a job with it there lol. D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobuWind View Post
I'm always confused about the sizes for stretched ears. Is it the smaller the number the more stretched?

I only have standard ear piercings. I don't wear my earrings often though..since I need to figure out what metals I need since i'm allergic to some. I used to have my cartilage pierced a long long time ago, but it got infected so I removed it. If I can figure out how it can work with elf ears, I may get it redone.
I'm not sure where, but I think I do want more piercings..not too many though. My mom thinks i'd look good with a nose piercing or my eyebrow pierced...I wanted to get my lip pierced for a while..but that may look weird on me. I think I may just get a second set of holes...XD
I think that's true until you get past 00g. Then it's fractions or something. o.o

Oh goodness yeah I can understand that. Yeah! Or you could like, put a cartilage piercing in your elf ear. :33
Nose piercings are fun. Ooo get your lip pierced! There are so many cool things you can do with that. ^-^ Lol, maybe when you get a second set you'll be addicted and want more THEN you'll get a lip piercing. D
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:59 PM   #9
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I don't mind either, but when stretching gets too big it looks disgusting.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #10
KatTehninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
I don't mind either, but when stretching gets too big it looks disgusting.
I agree. And then they'll have to live with a saggy ear their whole lives or get surgery to fix it. And also once you get past a certain size it starts to smell like dead people lol. :3
Unread 06-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #11
Shizuka Chan
Introverted to the max

i have 3 holes in each ear, planning to get another in each ear sometime soon
Unread 06-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #12
KatTehninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka Chan View Post
i have 3 holes in each ear, planning to get another in each ear sometime soon
Whoa! Did it hurt at all? My sister told me that there's one spot in your ear when you go up to 3 that they pierce and it hurts really bad. o.o
Unread 06-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #13
Shizuka Chan
Introverted to the max

the one at the top hurt for a while but not too bad. the higher up you go the longer the pain lingers, i just took motrin before i went lol
Unread 06-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #14
KatTehninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka Chan View Post
the one at the top hurt for a while but not too bad. the higher up you go the longer the pain lingers, i just took motrin before i went lol
Oh o.o that makes sense. Have any of them ever been infected? I have a hole that's infected (that sounds dirty :3) but I tried soap and water like three times a day and it's still pretty bad.
Unread 06-07-2011, 11:14 PM   #15
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I have several tattoos and a pierced nostril; I plan on more tattoos, but am completely uninterested in any other piercings. I don't even have my ears pierced, and probably will never bother.

My younger sister is a tattoo artist, and consequently has a wide variety of tattoos, piercings, dermals, etc. She just had a transdermal removed from her face, and she's been stretching out her ears but is apparently planning to take them out and have surgery to close up the holes. A few of her tattoos have been lasered off, too-- mostly to make room for more tattoos.

Meanwhile, I have to get my nose piercing looked at. I had to swap out my jewelry a few weeks ago, and everything looks fine and normal but the site has been sore ever since I put the new stud in. It was exactly the same gauge and design as the old one, too, and I'm just hoping it's not infected.

Remind me never to take out my jewelry when I'm pregnant again. NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.

ETA: If you have a piercing that's already infected, you MAY be able to clear it up with Neosporin or another topical antibiotic ointment if it's a very minor infection. If it's really troublesome, though, you'll probably need to take oral antibiotics. Soap and water won't do the trick, nor will alcohol.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison

Last edited by penny_dreadful : 06-07-2011 at 11:16 PM.
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote