Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 06-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #91
animefangirl222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stina006 View Post
i try to pull that with my parents cause i always think it'll be funny. but then it backfires and they end up yelling at me for ignoring them o_e
It's because I don't respond to 'ERIN' being shouted from three rooms away. My names Lisa, not Erin. I don't respond unless it's the third time that day.

((I'm on my sister's account, bugging her from across the room))
animefangirl222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #92
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I pretty much have to explain what E3, anime and any genere of video game are to my parents whenever I mention them.

They seem to realise that I start paying attention to some event every year, that I seem to enjoy some sort of cartoon and "The Borderlands" is not the same thing as "2 Fortress" (AKA Team Fortress 2) or "that cartoon thing" (which seems to be a catch all term for any game with manga style graphics) but the rest just disappears after 10 minutes.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #93
zizi994
Kaede

Anytime I put on a wig, in costume or not, my brother and Dad both say, "Why can't you just be yourself?"

I'm trying to avoid telling my parents that I'm cosplaying from a show called Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. At least I'm cosplaying as the least dirty-sounding named character, Stocking.

This doesn't exactly apply but it's still funny. When Brittney Karbowski (the voice of Black Star) signed my Soul Eater poster that resides on the inside of my door, she asked, "Can I write 'I will surpass God on here?'" And I said, "Sure," then after she started signing it I said, "Well...my dad's a pastor. He might not like that." She started apologizing profusely but she had already finished so she couldn't take it back. My dad has yet to notice.

Upcoming Costumes:
None, for now

Upcoming Conventions:
San Japan Samurai 7 : San Antonio, TX
Delta H Con : Houston, TX
zizi994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #94
Technowraith
Stealing Dante's Pizza...

Since my parents always ask me to explain who I cosplay as and what the characters do, I had to really sidestep around certain things when it came to Nero from Devil May Cry 4. My parents are like mad crazy conservative religious, but it's not as bad as you think. It's just certain topics really set them off, and the words "devil" and "demon" are the two hot buttons that get them fired up. Problem is, how do you explain Nero without mentioning either word?

Easy... You make stuff up. LoL

As far as my parents are concerned, Dante and Nero run a pizza shop in New Jersey that's located next to a nuclear power plant. Nero's arm got injured in a nuclear accident when he was touring the plant one day. Dante saved him but both were exposed to radiation that allows them their "demon powers." They have the swords to fend off the thugs and idiots who try to steal pizzas or rob the shop. Therefore, Mom and Dad think that Nero and Dante are actually pretty normal, because "People who work at pizza shops can't be that weird." The coats were a little hard to squeeze by, but I said, as shop owners, Nero and Dante can whatever they want, really. So in a nutshell, that's Nero and Dante to my parents. And they've not given me any trouble with Nero. Surprisingly, by misnaming Nero's arm, (Deathbringer) my parents aren't even troubled with that.

To think, I'm having a much easier time with Nero than I had with Cloud. Go figure...

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Costume status: Wig ordered.
Current Prop status:
Deathbringer: Full scale mock-up 85% complete. Design adjustments in progress.
Red Queen: Design in progress
Blue Rose: Not started yet.
Technowraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #95
sweetnsassy
*swish swish stab*

That's the best description of Devil May Cry EVER.

WIP cosplays:
Toph Bei Fong (earth kindgom): 90%
Toph Bei Fong (fire nation): 90%

Future cosplays:
Toph Bei Fong (Bei Fong estate gown):0%
Haruhi Fujioka (final episode ballgown): 0%
Ciel Phantomhive (green suit): 0%
sweetnsassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #96
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Pizza shop sounds like a great innuendo for supernatural (private) crime fighting...

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 03:06 AM   #97
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I pretty much have to explain what E3, anime and any genere of video game are to my parents whenever I mention them.

They seem to realise that I start paying attention to some event every year, that I seem to enjoy some sort of cartoon and "The Borderlands" is not the same thing as "2 Fortress" (AKA Team Fortress 2) or "that cartoon thing" (which seems to be a catch all term for any game with manga style graphics) but the rest just disappears after 10 minutes.
I had to explain E3 to my mum. I was following it through Twitter texts and she kept asking "Why so many messages?". Explaining my extreme flail over Sonic Generations' remake of City Escape from Sonic Adventure 2 was practically impossible. "IT LOOKS SO GOOD, MUM." "..."

Her reaction when I told her I was going to a Sonic convention... man. I'm not gonna live that one down. She thinks it's weird enough that I cosplay and go to conventions (her main cosplay comment is "...so you like dressing up as an underage boy. From POK…MON. When are you gonna grow out of that?"). But travelling all the way to London to go to a Sonic convention? Yeah, she thinks I'm a bit cracked.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 03:11 AM   #98
tehkukikookie
Uses galaxies as shuriken

"But you already have a wig."
Yes, but I need three more. ._.

"All you convention people always wear hoods."
That was in reference to my Medusa cospaly. I lol'd

Otakon 2012
Red Dress/SMS Klang Klang, Kida, Micro Klan Klang, Aisha Clan Clan, Ms.Fortune

Toki Wartooth
tehkukikookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 03:24 AM   #99
Nathus Dorkus
Fullmetal Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
I had to explain E3 to my mum. I was following it through Twitter texts and she kept asking "Why so many messages?". Explaining my extreme flail over Sonic Generations' remake of City Escape from Sonic Adventure 2 was practically impossible. "IT LOOKS SO GOOD, MUM." "..."

Her reaction when I told her I was going to a Sonic convention... man. I'm not gonna live that one down. She thinks it's weird enough that I cosplay and go to conventions (her main cosplay comment is "...so you like dressing up as an underage boy. From POK…MON. When are you gonna grow out of that?"). But travelling all the way to London to go to a Sonic convention? Yeah, she thinks I'm a bit cracked.
Yet you won't go to London Expo? D:<
Nathus Dorkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 03:31 AM   #100
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathus Dorkus View Post
Yet you won't go to London Expo? D:<
NEXT YEAR. Hopefully D:
Expo's like the entire weekend, SoS is ONE DAY ;_; (also one of my heroes is going to be there aaaaaaaaarhukykrhjr). £22 return train ticket = le cheapz!
Unread 06-11-2011, 04:19 AM   #101
SkyBlueEyed

Quote:
Sonic Generations 3DS's Classic Sonic mode uses Rush/Sonic 4 physics. Are you crying yet?

I was...
SkyBlueEyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 04:24 AM   #102
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBlueEyed View Post
Sonic Generations 3DS's Classic Sonic mode uses Rush/Sonic 4 physics. Are you crying yet?

I was...
I don't have a 3DS so nope, no crying. I'm still starry eyed and bushy tailed over the entire thing. I'll let you know what it's like in a fortnight after I've played it though. Hopefully I'll get to test the 3DS version and see what that's like.
Unread 06-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #103
aeon_mistress
~Aeon~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehkukikookie View Post
"But you already have a wig."
Yes, but I need three more. ._.

"All you convention people always wear hoods."
That was in reference to my Medusa cospaly. I lol'd
I get the wig thing all the time
aeon_mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #104
Nathus Dorkus
Fullmetal Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
NEXT YEAR. Hopefully D:
Expo's like the entire weekend, SoS is ONE DAY ;_; (also one of my heroes is going to be there aaaaaaaaarhukykrhjr). £22 return train ticket = le cheapz!
Yeahbut, loads of people only go one day - I never bother for more than one. :B
Nathus Dorkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #105
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

My husband's comment after I was babbling about the wigs I need to buy for upcoming cosplays:

"Some women have shoe collections. My wife... has a scalp collection."

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote