Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #61
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

I think I ran across that wig searcing for Amaimon pictures. thanks! The layering method is useful too

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #62
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

Uploaded a progress pic.

I altered all the patterns for the school uniform and Yukio's coat and cut everything out. I started sculpting the pin - it still needs to be smoothed out and rounded a little more, and then molded and cast in resin. Ordered the base wig and the guns/extra mags. I went with an all black gun and am gonna paint on the brown because all the guns I found that already had the wood finish didn't have the correct barrel shape. And I also have tiny hands and don't want the guns to be HUGE in the holsters, so I went with a 7inch pistol rather than a 9 inch one.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...l/progress.jpg

Alice (Original) - Alice in Wonderland
Miku (Cendrillon) - Vocaloid
Fuu (Artbook) - Magic Knight Rayearth
Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
https://www.facebook.com/#!/LDGCosplay

Last edited by liivingdeadgirl : 06-14-2011 at 09:17 AM.
liivingdeadgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #63
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I like that that Dark brown colour: liivingdeadgirl

My Rin wig is came with super fast shipping it's at the post office now. ^__^ I don't get wig in a weeks time to Canada but it's helps that Epic Cosplay Wigs is located in California at one of the international hubs.

I ended up getting this one instead because layered one was still sold out.
http://www.epiccosplay.com/12-midnig...splay-wig.html

It's not that dark but is is this blended colour seen in the layered wig.
http://www.epiccosplay.com/12-midnig...wig-clone.html

I'm planning to dye it in a Dylon fabric dye bath to get it darker with the pure black they have.

With the wig I have enough to cosplay Rin on the 25th. Fangs, Wookie ears (on sale during halloween I pick these up just for a whenever need), white belt like his from a dollar-store. I making his tail out of fleece and belt chain out of clay if I can't find good beads to work with.

Also try to make fire horns out of the white and blue organza I picked up first to see how they go.

FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 06-14-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Ani_BEE is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #64
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

I got this wig for my Rin:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10523580558

I saw it and was like *___*

I'll put pictures of actual costume progress up this weekend. We used a pattern we already had cause we are cheap and didn't wanna buy a new one, and omg I never want to look at another pattern again after all the altering I had to do. -_-

We're also starting to notice all the little details on this costumes that you don't catch at first glance and they're gonna be a little more involved than we originally thought. >_<

Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
Unread 06-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #65
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Yeah I have alot of work to add layers to the bob I got.

That is an excellent Rin wig, it probably be to small on me unfortunately but the layering is perfect and the colour is a nice off black with blue sheen. ^_^

FanEXPO

Future cosplays/cons:
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 06-14-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Unread 06-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #66
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
Yeah I have alot of work to add layers to the bob I got.

That is an excellent Rin wig, it probably be to small on me unfortunately but the layering is perfect and the colour is a nice off black with blue. ^_^
I was in awe...I was NOT expecting to find something that perfect. Cause I bought it as a b-day present so I didn't want her to have to style it a bunch (cause I can't cut/style a wig to save my life - I fail so hard. I always make other people do it). So all she has to do to this one is trim it.....along with my Yukio wig. =D

I like the color on yours though. I like that you also did the blue, so many people just do black for both of them. But you can tell that they're a super dark blue and brown, cause their uniforms are black and there is a definite contrast between them. ^_^

Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
Unread 06-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #67
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I only seem to do characters with white or blonde hair (copper and red sometimes).
So I jumped at the opportunely to have a non natural wig for a change.

FanEXPO

Future cosplays/cons:
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale

Unread 06-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #68
k66

anyone have suggestions on how to go about with rins sword bag. what material are you guys using for the straps?
k66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 12:59 AM   #69
iaShakezula

liivingdeadgirl,

that Rin wig looks really good and expensive. Well I have a short shonen wig that would work for Yukio , I just need to undo the flips on the back of the wig.

About your pin, what dimension did you use.I made a model pin too , I will be making another one and see which one is better.
PMX

I will be cosplaying all Sports Genre anime this time around.

Kuroko no Basket game shorts
Ace of Diamond Seido Team shirt
Haikyuu game uniform and team warmer
Baby Steps Ei- chans tournament shirt

iaShakezula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #70
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaShakezula View Post
liivingdeadgirl,

that Rin wig looks really good and expensive. Well I have a short shonen wig that would work for Yukio , I just need to undo the flips on the back of the wig.

About your pin, what dimension did you use.I made a model pin too , I will be making another one and see which one is better.

Actually the Rin wig (and my Yukio one) are only about 11.50 each, they will probably end up being about 15-20 each after shipping. O.o

And I free handed the pin, so I have no idea. I just did it with a reference picture in front of me and kept holding it up to my chest in a mirror to see if it was the right size. >_<

Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
Unread 06-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #71
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

What an intense Navy colour that wig is. I don't want to dye but I will because it would be captured on film very bright. it is a blend of black and there navy shade.

The straped used on a standard sword bag now are the webbing nylon kind you can get at most fabric stores in a 1inch width. Just ask for strapping on a roll and there should have black as the standard, but they also make red, yellow, blue and orange.

I've also notice that his bag in the anime is of the heavy duty variate over the flat bag they show in the manga. It the same colour but the difference is the width meaning you can carry more then two swords or shina's. I've cheated and bought a travel Shinai Bag. IT's not 100% accurate (flaps black instead of red) but it's cool tone red and I'm also planing to use it to carry my Mami riffles to that it's more functional then just for display.

FanEXPO

Future cosplays/cons:
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 06-15-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Unread 06-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #72
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

My tripod bag for my camera is the same shape/make. So we're going to use that as a reference and just make one out of either a heavy fabric or nylon, with the braided nylon straps. That, at least, should be easy.

I'm having a hard time getting the buttons. I bought all the silver buttons BOTH of my fabric stores around here have (they only get 3 packs in at a time - I bought a total of five) and I still need a bunch. They have 12 on each jacket (6 down the front, three on each sleeve cuff), then Yukio has a total of 18 on his coat. WRY SO MANY BUTTONS?!? >_<

I've decided to go with the anime references (cause we plan to enter ours in a masq and they prefer one consistent reference) rather than the manga.

Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
Unread 06-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #73
iaShakezula

Quote:
Originally Posted by liivingdeadgirl View Post

And I free handed the pin, so I have no idea. I just did it with a reference picture in front of me and kept holding it up to my chest in a mirror to see if it was the right size. >_<
So it is around 2.5 inches or 3 inches?

I guess it doesn't matter too much as long as the proportion works.

About those buttons, I went to to fabric district to get a bunch and you can get the same design with smaller size for the cuffs.I was really looking hard for a cross designed button everywhere but I didn't see any because I though I saw an illustration on it.

And about those strap, those are indeed nylon webbing.

I also own 2 shinai bag ,for my bokken, for my bo and jo when I use to go to class. Rin's bag has a nice white prints of a flower design over red.
Its
pretty.
Most shinai bag is made of cotton and is reinforced on the bottom.The opening is on the side.

I found this shinai bag pattern

http://www.tenjou.net/dump/pattern.jpg

http://www.e-bogu.com/Martial_Arts_Bag_s/91.htm
PMX

I will be cosplaying all Sports Genre anime this time around.

Kuroko no Basket game shorts
Ace of Diamond Seido Team shirt
Haikyuu game uniform and team warmer
Baby Steps Ei- chans tournament shirt

Last edited by iaShakezula : 06-15-2011 at 12:09 PM.
iaShakezula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #74
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

[quote=iaShakezula;3998927][color="Navy"]So it is around 2.5 inches or 3 inches?

I guess it doesn't matter too much as long as the proportion works.

Most shinai bag is made of cotton and is reinforced on the bottom.The opening is on the side.[quote]

I think its only like 1.5 across and a total length of maybe 4 inches long? I can measure it when I get home. I think the size of the pin is going to depend on the size of the person. Some of my itty bitty friends might look funny in my badge, so I think it just matters to try and get the proportions right. *nods*

Speaking of the badge, I'm going to start molding it tonight. I plan to make a silicon mold and then cast it out of resin. I left the four parts where the color go hollowed out because after I paint it I'm going to mix a blue and a red resin to pour into the hollowed out parts so it doesn't just look like I painted the outside of the whole thing. I will make sure I take progress pictures. =D

Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
Unread 06-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #75
kitsch_brigade

Ani_BEE, I appreciate the warning. I can't believe people getting piercings for cosplay! I guess I can.... but ouch. Unless you already wanted it, seems a bit crazy.

liivingdeadgirl, Looks and sounds like your costumes are making soom serious and lovely progress. I really like the idea of resin for the blue and red parts of the pin, the painted on part kept bothering me in pictures.

I went to Goodwill today, because I honestly just don't feel like making another pair of slacks. So I bought a nice pair of Banana Republic men's pants for only $4!! Since it was cheaper than fabric, I felt a lot better about not making them XD I still plan on making the jacket though, so let's hope I can match the fabric. If not I guess it was only four dollars and I'll just make the stupid pants.
kitsch_brigade is offline   Reply With Quote