Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 52 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-17-2011, 02:23 AM   #46
Hetalia-Chan
Not Iceland, ice cream!!

Gasp!! Taiwan's outfit is so beautiful!!!

What to cosplay as...China or Taiwan...
Hetalia-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #47
talkenia
Random person #3

I'd love to ever cosplay this Italy,
since the first time i saw this it has been in my mind..
but making this will take so much time, and since i only just started cosplaying i guess if i ever get to doing this, it will take a long while before i start...
(btw.. if anyone ever cosplays this germany.. im so going to hug that person to death.. its my favorite hetalia costume ever..)

Currently in progress
-lady -DMC 3
-Alphonse Elric's full armour -FMA
talkenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #48
NightraysChain

>.< okay, i give in. I dont care about my height anymore(i am not really sure why i am always caught up about it anyway).

I think i am going to put eaither austria or america on my 2012 cosplay list. I am already jam packed this year.
NightraysChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #49
Codename Otacon
Force a Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightraysChain View Post
>.< okay, i give in. I dont care about my height anymore(i am not really sure why i am always caught up about it anyway).
Do it!! Don't let your height in get the way!!

*Conventions for 2015*
Wonder Con
Anime Expo

*Cosplay list for 2015*
Red Medic(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Red Scout(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Codename Otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 12:35 AM   #50
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

I would so love to do America's outfit. If only I could sew.
But to all of you who are doing these outfits... Pictures. I must see them.
Unread 06-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #51
benihime
Kimono Queen

i'm going to start working on mine next year! that's going to be a LOT of silk O: but i'm really excited about it

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #52
fancy_duckie

Just when I was thinking of retiring from cosplaying Hetalia... LOL. Hnngggg. Dream cosplay right here. I can't pick between Hungary and Taiwan. So pretty. > 3<

Last edited by fancy_duckie : 06-23-2011 at 11:37 AM.
fancy_duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2011, 02:27 AM   #53
Rcsi1

I've started on this France. SO MUCH GOLD BIAS TAPE!
Rcsi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #54
cashewsftw

I'm going to be starting on Hungary's costume soon, but I have a few questions. First, do you think it's necessary for me to wear a corset as part of her outfit? I'm not really familiar with corsets, so I would prefer not to have to make/buy one if I don't need to. Second, what kind of fabric(s) would you recommend? Silk, satin, cotton, or something else? I plan to dye the fabric to get a gradient. Thank you very much!
cashewsftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #55
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashewsftw View Post
I'm going to be starting on Hungary's costume soon, but I have a few questions. First, do you think it's necessary for me to wear a corset as part of her outfit? I'm not really familiar with corsets, so I would prefer not to have to make/buy one if I don't need to. Second, what kind of fabric(s) would you recommend? Silk, satin, cotton, or something else? I plan to dye the fabric to get a gradient. Thank you very much!
I wore a cincher under my dress for a better silhouette but it also helped manage the skirt I wore underneath.

How accurate are you planning on making this? If you're planning on having the actual plunging bodice and the dip down the back, not to mention the open sides with the "lacing," a corset will show through. I added panels of nude stretchy material so the cincher/corset showing really wasn't an issue.
Unread 07-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #56
cashewsftw

@tsumikuroi I'm not keen on showing that much cleavage, and I like the idea of using nude fabric instead, so I'll probably do something similar. Just wondering, what kind of fabric did you use in making this costume?
Unread 07-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #57
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashewsftw View Post
@tsumikuroi I'm not keen on showing that much cleavage, and I like the idea of using nude fabric instead, so I'll probably do something similar. Just wondering, what kind of fabric did you use in making this costume?
It also keeps the dress together and not stretch. ^^;

I used a mixed fiber for the main black dress; it's a suiting fabric without too much weight to it. The skirt and bow are made from a rather thin satin that I double layered.

I tend to go by drape when I choose fabrics, as well as luster. The main black gown shouldn't be out of something particularly light but it should probably have a little stretch and give. The skirt should definitely be fairly light and this is probably one of the times you can get away with light satin/crepe satin. When you go shopping for materials, hold it up and drape it over yourself to get an idea of how it'll hold and what sort of shape it'll have.

You will have to add interfacing, particularly on the bow, to give it that shape and slight puff.

ETA: Before dyeing anything, always check what kind of fabric are you using (cotton/silk/natural vs. polyester/nylon/artificial) and what dyes you'll need to dye them. I didn't go that route, to my shame and sorrow, so I can't give you much information on that.

Last edited by tsumikuroi : 07-14-2011 at 05:59 PM.
tsumikuroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #58
cashewsftw

@tsumikuroi Thank you so much for the advice! I'll keep that in mind when I go fabric shopping.
Unread 07-15-2011, 12:07 AM   #59
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

You're very welcome. Good luck! ^_^
Unread 07-18-2011, 03:09 PM   #60
Narlth
Completely Lost

These are so cool

Also i found someone who's done America: http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=aph%...et=48#/d3l32s3

The poster doesn't seem to know who they are though.
Narlth is offline   Reply With Quote