Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 168 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #91
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukeru View Post
One last question too about Yukio. What color do you think his hair is? I'm seeing alot of wigs pop on ebay that are totally not black. I always assumed it was black. I've seen alot that are brown or even purple for Yukio. I know some people tag wigs whatever they think may get them to sell it, but has anyone found a good Yukio wig?
Personally I think it's brown. I'm going by the anime coloring and I have screencapped a bunch of it. You can clearly see that his hair brown because when he has his uniform on it is clearly lighter, as the uniform is black. Same for Rin with his weird blue tint. It's a DARK brown, but brown nonetheless.

@Shakezula - I'm a huge procrastinor though, so I shall try but we will see lol. And I know the con rules say no airsoft guns so I just paint over the orange tip and plug up the barrels with hot glue and a dowel rod so the gun can't be fired. I've never had a problem with that before, though that's not to say you won't get some anal staffer who will object. I staff most conventions I attend and KNOW a lot of staff so I've never really had a problem, but sometimes safe is better than sorry. =D

Alice (Original) - Alice in Wonderland
Miku (Cendrillon) - Vocaloid
Fuu (Artbook) - Magic Knight Rayearth
Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
https://www.facebook.com/#!/LDGCosplay
liivingdeadgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-17-2011, 08:32 AM   #92
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

You can also push back the plug so that it' recessed so that it still looks good in photo's.

I've dyed my wig in FW ink last night. We'll see how dark it got once it's completely dried. It alway looks perfect when wet but it does lighten once dry.

Also giving my Rin tail a furry tip, Kazue Kato draws it really stylized but you can see the long flyaways on it. I JUST had enough black fur left over from the kitsune tail and 2 sets of ears to pull that off. We'll see how it looks once I've sew the 7 segments together. Otherwise I'll make it out of the same fleece as the length of the tail.

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 09:11 AM   #93
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
You can also push back the plug so that it' recessed so that it still looks good in photo's.

I've dyed my wig in FW ink last night. We'll see how dark it got once it's completely dried. It alway looks perfect when wet but it does lighten once dry.

Also giving my Rin tail a furry tip, Kazue Kato draws it really stylized but you can see the long flyaways on it. I JUST had enough black fur left over from the kitsune tail and 2 sets of ears to pull that off. We'll see how it looks once I've sew the 7 segments together. Otherwise I'll make it out of the same fleece as the length of the tail.

I hope the wig comes out nice for you!

And how did you attach your tail? Make it snap to the pants?

I made an appt with the local leather shop to go out there sunday and get some help. I'm making my Yukio holsters in real leather and I've made belts and simple stuff before but never a holster, and I don't really have the equipment anyways so they are going to help me. =D

Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
Unread 06-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #94
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I got a feeling it's not as dark as I want but it should be better. ^_^

Normally you make a small stiff plate the uses your belt to loop onto. I'm doing to do that for now becuase I'm adding copper tubing to make it ridged.

But if you want the tail pop out at the top of you pant's you need to rig up a harness system with plate to hold it in place under you pants.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Unread 06-17-2011, 05:06 PM   #95
iaShakezula

Have u guys tried piano wire for the tail.

PMX SIZE="2"]

I am almost done working on the Sports cosplay.I have to finish Barakamon Sensei jinbei and red miku outfit.

[/size]

Last edited by iaShakezula : 06-17-2011 at 05:13 PM.
iaShakezula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #96
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

OK, nothing like daylight to make you really tell the color of a wig.

So what's your favorite black marker?

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Unread 06-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #97
iSebas-chan
ThatKuroCosplay

Okay. So I'm going to A-Kon as Kimono!Shimei and making myself a little Nee-Chan. My boyfriend is going as RelaxedUniform!Rin (Slacks, dress shirt with rolled up sleeves, and tie). I've noticed only one other person is planning on doing Shimei.

Any who, what kind of shoes should I wear with my Kimono?

Anybody going to A-kon?

Rin!Uniform ~ Ao No Exorcist/Blue Exorcist(100%)
Sasuke!Anbu ~ Naruto(100%)
Draco!Suit ~ Harry Potter(100%)
Stocking!Male ~ Panty and Stocking(100%)
Haine!Casual ~ DOGS: Bullets and Carnage(10%)

Next Con:
AllCon
iSebas-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #98
iaShakezula

Shimei use the sandals you wear with Kimono and yukata , geta.Thats why she cant move fast during the exercise round.
Like the ones in website.
http://cgi.ebay.com/GW10-JAPANESE-Yu...em2564cf36 48

I like these kind because they are more comfy that the wood ones, even though it might not be accurate , if i walk around the con all day I need to have comfy footwear.

how about FW artist ink.

PMX SIZE="2"]

I am almost done working on the Sports cosplay.I have to finish Barakamon Sensei jinbei and red miku outfit.

[/size]

Last edited by iaShakezula : 06-19-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Unread 06-19-2011, 08:29 PM   #99
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

Progress!

I sewed together Yukio's white dress shirt, just have to serge the inside, add the cuffs and button holes/buttons. I also stitched together the lining/jacket and just have to add the colar, bias, button holes/buttons.

And I met with a local leather worker today who sat down with me and I showed him the reference pics and he helped me draw out a pattern for Yukio's holsters. I have all the materials so I just have to wait until I get the guns in an I can start on that since I now have a good idea how to make them. =D

Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
Unread 06-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #100
iSebas-chan
ThatKuroCosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaShakezula View Post
Shimei use the sandals you wear with Kimono and yukata , geta.Thats why she cant move fast during the exercise round.
Like the ones in website.
http://cgi.ebay.com/GW10-JAPANESE-Yu...em2564cf36 48

I like these kind because they are more comfy that the wood ones, even though it might not be accurate , if i walk around the con all day I need to have comfy footwear.

how about FW artist ink.
Thank you a lot for the link. Sadly that ends in an hour and the person who buys things for me is unavaible until tomorrow. But now that I have an idea I can find some in my price range and time frame.

Rin!Uniform ~ Ao No Exorcist/Blue Exorcist(100%)
Sasuke!Anbu ~ Naruto(100%)
Draco!Suit ~ Harry Potter(100%)
Stocking!Male ~ Panty and Stocking(100%)
Haine!Casual ~ DOGS: Bullets and Carnage(10%)

Next Con:
AllCon
iSebas-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 10:55 PM   #101
iaShakezula

liivingdeadgirl,

wow you did a lot ... exciting!!!. I am really curious to see how he draft the gun holster. I am still not sure about the design myself. I do have some tooling leather available .

I was planing on making the magazine holders but I ended up cleaning my sewing room , it was mess, I couldnt continue until I cleaned it up and am in a lot of pain so I decided to rest... I am not young anymore.

PMX SIZE="2"]

[/size]
Unread 06-20-2011, 07:05 AM   #102
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaShakezula View Post
liivingdeadgirl,

wow you did a lot ... exciting!!!. I am really curious to see how he draft the gun holster. I am still not sure about the design myself. I do have some tooling leather available .

I was planing on making the magazine holders but I ended up cleaning my sewing room , it was mess, I couldnt continue until I cleaned it up and am in a lot of pain so I decided to rest... I am not young anymore.

Once I actually get my guns in and can size the pattern down to make it exact, I will take a picture or make a little tutorial with pics to show how to do it. =D

Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
Unread 06-20-2011, 07:49 AM   #103
iaShakezula

thats cool... however i will make mine this week and do the gun holster last, .i was suppose to do that this sunday . I dont have a lot of time left

PMX SIZE="2"]

[/size]
Unread 06-20-2011, 08:52 AM   #104
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Yeah I tried FW artist ink the secound time but it again only tintedd about 15% the blue darker. >_> Black is hard. I wash my wig out thoroughly first to re-prep the wig for dying again.

I've got a concentrated 8 pen sharpie dye ready to go last night. It is purple based but I'm sort of desperate to get this wig darker. Bic markers are hard to find.

The only thing I got done was my tail yesterday day (Saturday was bust with Father's Day ^_^).

So next is the tie ... so much bias tape to make. >_> Almost tempted to cheat and pick up some premade bias tape tonight. The only good thing about it it's a much thinner fabric stock so it won't add to much bulk.

I might not be able to finish my sword bag for Saturday. I got the standard red suiting weight fabric since the china textiles are $13 a yard and I would need a continuous length of 64" ouch.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 06-20-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Unread 06-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #105
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

I'm using fabric paint for the tie. /cheats. lol Then I'll make the patch and just stitch that on.

Damn expensive fabrics!!! >=I

Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~