Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #3556
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Oh cool. Now I really want to play it. XD I should have bought it right away since I love the games Atlus puts out but I don't know why I hesitated with this one. Guess I'll have to comb the stores in the area and find it.

Personally I got my copy of Ocarina of Time and am playing that. The 3ds is finally getting some use.
You might be able to get from Amazon or eBay a lot easier than you would in person now.

Anyway, I'm at the end of Radiant Historia but it has been taken out of my DS in favor of Ocarina of Time. I don't really mind the 3D in this game, I think I'm getting used to 3D now, unlike when the 3DS launched and gave me a headache haha. There's still the occasion though where I'll move the system slightly and see a faint ghost of Link. It's not that bad though.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #3557
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Really? I didn't feel that way at all. The romance option is always there, but you don't need to pick it! I did a bunch of companion sidequests with Merrill and Anders especially, but I was romancing Isabela and never flirted with the others.
I'm just in Act 1, haven't done the Deep Roads bit yet. So that view is kind of pre-emptive.

In Mass Effect 2, the only companion plot lines I could finish at all were the black dude and Tali (Because I romanced her), all the other ones didn't go any further. The women all stuck as soon as I didn't pursue a romance (What, you can't be buddies instead?).

In this one, as soon as I got Anders, the first conversation that happens, I pretty much needed to pick the "I want it" or "Unexpected, but it's not like I want you to stop" flirt options to get him to say anything more about Justice or his views on mages/circle of magi/etc.

Otherwise he just clammed up as soon as I said no, then there were rivality points.

I think the worst irony of this is that I'm playing a male MC and only had the issue with the male companions yet, the women conversation options being flirt-free. Heck, you can hit on Fenris before he's actually recruited! (What?)
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #3558
aidynOrosco
(╯°□°)╯

Honestly, I'm playing A LOT of games right now. I just switch up between them.
I'm playing Grand Theft Auto IV again.
Banjo Kazooie
Donky Kong 64
Kirby Crystal Shards
Sims Bustin' Out on GBA
Pokemon Stadium
Sims 2 on GBA
All the GB and GBA Pokemon games.
And all the Cooking Mama games.

I just got a WHOLE BUNCH of Game emulators and games so my time is definately not wasted anymore.
I'll take you over if you let me.
You did this.

Tumblr
Facebook
myanimelist
aidynOrosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #3559
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

I would be playing Shadows of the Damned (Damned Damned Damned...) right now, but the store can't sell it to me until tomorrow even though my copy is in.
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #3560
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
In this one, as soon as I got Anders, the first conversation that happens, I pretty much needed to pick the "I want it" or "Unexpected, but it's not like I want you to stop" flirt options to get him to say anything more about Justice or his views on mages/circle of magi/etc.
Actually yeah, I do remember that about Anders when you first meet him. I thought that was kind of weird. Haha. I ended up flirting with him and then backing out so I could go after Isabela properly.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: TBD
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2011, 01:34 AM   #3561
Kenmichi
Death by photograph.

Just finished Infamous 2 ending as a Hero.

WHAT THE FUCK.

Why?

I mean, it was good and appropriate. BUT WHY?

Some side notes and responses to people who got the game on release date:
I preferred Kuo over Nix as well Unit.
Meso I, too, found Nix to be an over eccentric and stereotypical rasta, then again this is Louisiana.
I started the game as a Thug and almost got 1 rank higher, but said eff it and went good. I didn't regret the choice because being good meant having fewest possible interactions with Nix. But after that ending... I've gotta find out the alternate ending! I have a save file right before the you start the final mission so I COULD go back and revert my karmic alignment just for the ending, but I have to play from the beginning as infamous in order to get the earlier trophies.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
I'm so sad right now. Archelon... What Infamous 3?

Last edited by Kenmichi : 06-21-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Kenmichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #3562
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmichi View Post

I'm so sad right now. Archelon... What Infamous 3?

Obviously they haven't announced it yet, but you know there's going to be one. Remember, killing off Nathan Hale at the end of Resistance 2 didn't stop Insomniac from making a Resistance 3. The question is how Sucker Punch will handle it, since the Good and Evil endings in InFamous 2 are vastly different.
Unread 06-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #3563
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
Anyway, I'm at the end of Radiant Historia but it has been taken out of my DS in favor of Ocarina of Time. I don't really mind the 3D in this game, I think I'm getting used to 3D now, unlike when the 3DS launched and gave me a headache haha. There's still the occasion though where I'll move the system slightly and see a faint ghost of Link. It's not that bad though.
I can't play it at all with the 3D. It just gives me a massive headache which kind of stinks since the 3DS's biggest thing is well...the 3D and I can't have the 3D on at all. At least the gyroscope thing makes it worth it...kinda. XD My family has been giving me strange looks as I turn the 3DS to aim the slingshot and such.

Other than Ocarina I'm also playing Lego Harry Potter. . Almost have all 200 bricks. Only 11 more to go!

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #3564
Quantum9
Janitor of Crystal Tokyo

Already done with MAHVEL BAYBEE so I picked L.A. Noire back up. Also i've lost interest in Pokemon Black so I went back to Golden Sun.
Quantum9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #3565
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Playing Shadows of the Damned (Damned Damned Damned Damned...).

There was one point so far where, when I finished reading the backstory to one of the bosses, I thought to myself, "Hey, that sounds kind of like an Alanis Morissette song."

And then Garcia said, "Hey, that sounds kind of like an Alanis Morissette song."

Mind blown.
Unread 06-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #3566
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

I may have to get that. All the preview stuff I had heard about it said that it's another Suda51 game, meaning that it plays pretty shittily and it's not very fun, but it's dripping to the brim with style. Now everyone's saying it's a good game.

Hmmm....I need to see it in action.

My copy of Child of Eden has FINALLY been delivered; I'm having a low emotional day, so hopefully after I go running and change into comfy clothing, it can raise my soul and make me happy again.

Doubt it though.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~

Last edited by Mesoian : 06-21-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #3567
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
I don't very much like the fighting system in Dragon Age: Origins, unless it's against a major boss enemy (Like High Dragons), it's normally all about lots of critters swarming all over you.

DA2 feels like an action game. The combat is very fast, focusing on lots of pausing, ability usage, more pausing, more retargeting. Each encounter starts with a few enemies, and quickly more join the fray through doors, over the walls, coming up through the freaking floor (shades) like DA2 version of the Blight, except without Darkspawn.

I kinda miss the Baldur's Gate 2 era where you could end up fighting a few unique enemies and had to carefully plan your roles and spells accordingly instead of fighting it out in a blitz clusterfuck.
I thought that DA:O battles required a lot of strategy. Each one felt really unique and puzzley to me. Whereas DAII definitely just throws wave after wave of enemies at you. The majority of the time the only possible strategy is to back up against a wall or down a corridor and try not to die. It gets to be a grind. Though the movement is faster in DAII, I found/find myself pausing and re-targeting an equal amount in both games. Overall, I prefer the battle mechanics of DAII but the battle layouts of DA:O.

Quote:
I'm beginning to think they used the same kind of logic for DA2 that they did when they made Mass Effect 2...
It's pretty clear that BioWare wanted to make DAII more Mass Effect-like presumably to capture that audience as well. I didn't think that was strictly necessary, but it didn't ruin the game for me and from what I can tell it worked. People who didn't like DA:O but liked ME tend to like DAII better. If higher DAII sales gets us DAIII faster I won't complain.

Quote:
Leliana's Song was.... badly presented. It finished OK, I guess. I think they tried to pull some kind of 'TV-like' naration with the strange character intros (Where they display the name with their face in a red/white screen).
I play on a PS3 and don't recall that at all. o_O? Maybe it's different on a console or maybe my short term memory is shot.

Quote:
Golems was fun, it played like some kind of horror story and the difficulty was through the roof. If I had played it at Hard or above, I,d have rage,d at Normal it was passable. With the Golem fully upgraded, you can get around the thing about having no mage sorta decently.
If you say so! XD Actually, I think that I screwed up the Golem upgrade somehow so I only had one magic attack. It was super annoying when the guy with the Bronto would yell, "Conventional attacks aren't working! Use magic!" Well I would - IF I HAD ANY. D:<

Quote:
Hmmmm....Anders didn't do that in my game. Maybe it depends on how good/snarky/dickish you've been? In fact, DAII has been very pleasant in that respect. In DA:O I just stopped talking to Alistair and stuffed him full of gifts to get approval. I mean, it doesn't bother me that the option of virtual romance is there, it's just not something that adds much appeal to the game for me and I don't want to have to put effort into avoiding it. Especially since in both DA:O and DAII the male character I like most didn't even have the option. What? Are you racist against Qunari and Dwarves, BioWare? I really like that in DAII you get a bonus whether you are a friend or a rival. In DA:O , I really didn't care if most of the characters approved of me or not, but I wanted those bonus skill points!

@Mesoian - I just picked up Child of Eden today. Haven't had a chance to try it yet.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #3568
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
I may have to get that. All the preview stuff I had heard about it said that it's another Suda51 game, meaning that it plays pretty shittily and it's not very fun, but it's dripping to the brim with style. Now everyone's saying it's a good game.

Hmmm....I need to see it in action.
It's certainly Suda's most mainstream title, but I say that in respect to the gameplay only. Everything else is still classic Suda insanity.

And you can certainly feel Mikami's touch in this one, much moreso than in Killer7. I think people who didn't enjoy Suda's previous games would still like this one. The very nature of the gameplay inherently appeals to a much broader audience.
Unread 06-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #3569
Kenmichi
Death by photograph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archelon View Post

Obviously they haven't announced it yet, but you know there's going to be one. Remember, killing off Nathan Hale at the end of Resistance 2 didn't stop Insomniac from making a Resistance 3. The question is how Sucker Punch will handle it, since the Good and Evil endings in InFamous 2 are vastly different.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want the Hero Ending to be the actual ending, I want to keep playing as Cole McGrath. However, Zeke left New Marais and took Cole's body with him, but where would he go? We know he has a past history in New Marais and Empire City is gone so why would he leave? At some point Zeke has accumulated knowledge regarding the First Sons technology and has really been networking with new contacts. Perhaps it is possible for Cole to be resurrected using First Sons/Government technology. It's a surprisingly open-ended ending despite how seemingly clear cut it is!

Then again I don't know how exactly you interpret the death of Cole after the death of "Kessler". Kessler died, but Cole is still alive and we know Kessler is future Cole. My assumption is based on the Back to the Future method of time travel where "Timeline A" is the timeline Kessler lives in destroyed by The Beast, where "Timeline B" is the timeline Kessler creates by travelling back in time to change the future. But this just opened up the realization that in 2 games, Cole has died twice at the end. Dun-dun-dun!

I haven't unlocked the Infamous ending, I'll probably start working for that tomorrow. I'm sort of having post "I just beat the game and I dedicated a lot of time to it" burn out.

Unread 06-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #3570
hypersoda

Just started replaying Luminous Arc 2 and I'm having fun...so far. Last time I stopped because other things got in the way, so I don't remember much of what happened at the beginning. XD

It also reminds me how rusty I am. I haven't seriously played a strategy RPG in quite a while.
hypersoda is offline   Reply With Quote