Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-23-2011, 07:25 AM   #151
Kookookachoo
Kookookachoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten_again View Post
Kookookachoo: Wow, Pippin’s Gondorian armor seems like a very daunting exercise.
Are you going for the formal or the battle version of this costume?

Excellent handle by the way! I am sort of expecting you to cosplay the Wallrus next.
late reply is late.
But yeah, I'm doing the battle armor. It's not too bad :) I have the cape and black tunic almost done. The only real tricky things at the moment seem to be the maille and leather arm bracers/sword holsters. But I'll just be doing chain sleeves out of PVC piping and attatching it so it wont be too complicated.
And lol, yes, that needs to happen now

PsychoGit: Legolas is such a win! Can't wait to see that :D
-Seto Kaiba (Saturday)

Kookookachoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #152
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

ten- ROFL I didn't think you meant that! *is cracking up* XD

kohaku- I was baffled when I discovered the paisley bands were hand-embroidered! While watching the documentaries on the Extended Ed. dvd I was like "WUT o.O" when they said that! Craaaaaaaazzyy stuff, man. lol I may cosplay Arwen one day, but I might have to wear heels! ^.^
Unread 04-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #153
KohakuWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoGit View Post
1. Do you cosplay as certain characters from the book/the movies, or do you have an OC?
I'm actually working on a Legolas cosplay now! I'm so extremely excited, though this is gonna be my toughest costume yet!
2. What got you into the fandom and when did you start cosplaying from it?
Honestly, the movies. I don't care what other fans say, we're all nerds in the end. I'm no lesser of a fan because of where I started.
3. The movies - what do you think? Great inspiration or totally off?
I loooooved the movies! I watched them over and over all the time. The acting, costumes, music, effects, all of it was fantastic! The books were fantastic, too ofc.
4. Any particular race (Elf, Hobbit, Man...) you prefer cosplaying? Why?
Elf, I resemble them the most. Tall, pale, blond, sharp features. I love how pretty everything about them is. I've never had more fun planning a costume in my life, than I am with Legolas.
Good luck on your Legolas cosplay! ^^ You're from Florida, right? (I think I've seen you in the MegaCon threads on here before XD) Whenever you're finished with it, I would love to get pictures with you as Legolas with myself as Arwen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie Blue View Post
kohaku- I was baffled when I discovered the paisley bands were hand-embroidered! While watching the documentaries on the Extended Ed. dvd I was like "WUT o.O" when they said that! Craaaaaaaazzyy stuff, man. lol I may cosplay Arwen one day, but I might have to wear heels! ^.^
WOW I didn't even know that! o___o That is totally insane, lol! And I also wear high heels when I cosplay Arwen.... I'm only 5'4, and Liv Tyler is much taller, so I have no choice. xD
KohakuWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #154
TR Rose
Meowing About

A group of friends and I have recently decided that we want to do a LOTR group soon, maybe for next year! I want to make one of Arwen's dresses, I think the gray "chase dress" she wears when she's bringing Frodo to Rivendell. I've found several sites with detailed info about how the movie costumes were made, but they look really challening with the crazy amount of detail!
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #155
Lightane
a curious fool

I just want to say that I love you all. Someday I'll get the courage to tackle Eowyn's battle armor.....some day.....
Lightane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 04:41 AM   #156
WingsofValmar

I'm currently working on Arwen's "blood red" dress and the mock up is going well so soon I'll be tackling this velvet. I read the books long before the movies and loved the movie adaptations. Eagerly awaiting the release of the hobbit movie. ;D
Unread 06-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #157
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

WingsofValmar- I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Lightane- I hope you get to do it soon!

TR Rose- You would make a lovely Arwen. :3 I really like that dress too. I know what you mean about the detail! Even when you pick out a "simple" costume to make it still has tons of details!! o.O

I'm still planning on making a Hobbit costume to wear to the movie premiere. I'll probably use mostly stash fabric to use it up, as long as I have enough. I'm suuuper excited for the film!! Has anyone watched the first behind-the-scenes video that was posted a while back? It was great!
Unread 06-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #158
pyrodancer

Gotta say LotR is pretty much my favorite movie of all time

I don't have any LotR cosplays in my list yet, cuz with my crap-tastic sewing skills, I won't do any of the characters justice. lol XP

BUT, when I went to Dcon last year, there was this little kid (probably bout 7 or 8yrs old) with curly brown hair who was dressed up as Frodo Baggins, and looked exactly like Frodo. It was amazingly awesome, and uber cute!!!!! ^^ ....of course, that would be the one time that I didn't have my camera on me XP
pyrodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 07:18 PM   #159
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Getting ready to watch RotK and work on my third Pippin scarf! After this one I'm going to begin work on a more accurate colorway- the "right" yarn simply does not exist so I will be dyeing it myself. It will take a bit of work to get right, but hopefully it will not prove too difficult!
Unread 06-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #160
Annwyn
Daisy Viktoria

I'm so glad to see so many LOTR cosplayers! I have been a fanatic most of my life. I was really excited when the movies came out.
I recently did Eowyn's green gown from the movies, but I made sure it was historically accurate so I can wear it to my medieval reenactment events. Prior to that, I had sewn a Galadriel gown before the movies came out, though it's long lost now. I should have more LOTR costumes!
Unread 06-21-2011, 08:51 PM   #161
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

I want to see your Eowyn gown! I'm sure it looks great- all of your costumes are wonderful!

I'm now struggling to decide what I want to wear to The Hobbit premiere... I originally wanted to be a hobbit, but now I'm considering an Eowyn or Arwen costume. Hrm. So many choices!! All of the costumes are so lovely, it's very difficult to decide on one!
Unread 06-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #162
Creative Genius
feelin' nerdy

I just finished making my Ringwraith cosplay! I cant wait to get some pictures of it. i have awesome platform boots on under the outfit that make me super tall, and very ring wraithy <3

I dont know how to make the gauntlets though..any ideas? I'm on a super low budget. >_<
Creative Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2011, 11:37 PM   #163
Garuda_Aiacos
Waitin 4 Behemoth Violate

Use either Aluminium Sheet or Painted Hard Plastic Sheets to make the pieces on the Fingers and Hand. Sew or Glue it piece by piece onto a Base Gloves.

SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Hades Alone
SAINT SEIYA SUPER MUSICAL Athena Saori
SAINT SEIYA OMEGA Orion Eden
SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Athena Sasha
Garuda_Aiacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #164
Creative Genius
feelin' nerdy

cool! thanks!

how would I sew on plastic though?
Creative Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #165
an deiner Seite
Hell doesn't love them.

I'm really thinking about doing a Frodo cosplay.
Sure I'm female, but I'm like, 5'4". I'm tiny xD
Would I make a good Frodo?
http://www.facebook.com/loreenalovesyou

My hair is naturally a very dark brown, but I've been lightening it up so it's now a strawberry-blonde with faded hot pink at the front, lol

And how the eff would I do Hobbit feet?! I've got slightly big feet already, but I need hairy feet for a Hobbit. What would I wear on my feet? Flip flops with clear straps and spirit gum hair to the shoes and the top of my feet?

Stocking - Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Rikku - Final Fantasy X
Frodo Baggins - Lord of the Rings
Baby - House of 1000 Corpses/the Devil's Rejects (for Zombie Walk)
an deiner Seite is offline   Reply With Quote