Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
Keitou
the obsessive otaku

Cosplay for a toddler

My little brother is going to be 2 years old at his first convention in October and my dad wants him to cosplay since me and my sisters will be, we were wondering who he should cosplay as and where to find cosplays, he's quite short about 45cm tall with messy blonde hair.
Keitou is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #2
hollowchrist
oi, watch it spaceman.

You could always just pick up a Halloween costume for him. Little boys like Batman and Superman so they're easy bets. And kids tend to look cute as anything. x3

super sailor chibi moon -- 85%
late but lucky (madness returns) -- planning

eBay | FaceBook | Marketplace
Add Me!
hollowchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
kikamontanez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitou View Post
My little brother is going to be 2 years old at his first convention in October and my dad wants him to cosplay since me and my sisters will be, we were wondering who he should cosplay as and where to find cosplays, he's quite short about 45cm tall with messy blonde hair.
Okay, working as a preschool teacher for over five years, I can tell you right now what to eliminate before you start. Kids that age do not like wearing hats, anything that itches, gloves, or anything that might drag or dangle. They're usually okay with hoods but I wouldn't count on him to be okay with keeping it up all day.

I would do something like a toddler-sized Pikachu costume (the kind that comes with a mask) and for pics and stuff he could wear it and then the rest of the time you could put it to the side of his head.

Another cute idea would be to dress him up like a poxy box. Just dress him up in a long sleeved red shirt and fashion a little soft foam vest over it and paint it red and decorate the entire ensemble to look like a pock box. Take some sturdy foam board and paint them to look like pocky sticks and attach them to his back to make them look like they're coming out of the box (just make sure everything is light weight b/c he's just a little guy!)

Um...you could roughly do the same thing and dress him up like a riceball following the pattern the pocky box only making him look round. And then painting his nose red for the pickled plum would look adorable.

There are a lot of cute ideas. I would just keep in mind that he's wearing the costume, not you, and little kids don't sacrifice comfort to look awesome. You'll want to make sure he won't get hot or sweat a lot, keep it as close as possible to his normal attire (feeling wise), and don't expect him to keep anything over his head on his face for very long b/c I can tell you he won't. Hope this helps!
kikamontanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #4
Keitou
the obsessive otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikamontanez View Post
Okay, working as a preschool teacher for over five years, I can tell you right now what to eliminate before you start. Kids that age do not like wearing hats, anything that itches, gloves, or anything that might drag or dangle. They're usually okay with hoods but I wouldn't count on him to be okay with keeping it up all day.

I would do something like a toddler-sized Pikachu costume (the kind that comes with a mask) and for pics and stuff he could wear it and then the rest of the time you could put it to the side of his head.

Another cute idea would be to dress him up like a poxy box. Just dress him up in a long sleeved red shirt and fashion a little soft foam vest over it and paint it red and decorate the entire ensemble to look like a pock box. Take some sturdy foam board and paint them to look like pocky sticks and attach them to his back to make them look like they're coming out of the box (just make sure everything is light weight b/c he's just a little guy!)

Um...you could roughly do the same thing and dress him up like a riceball following the pattern the pocky box only making him look round. And then painting his nose red for the pickled plum would look adorable.

There are a lot of cute ideas. I would just keep in mind that he's wearing the costume, not you, and little kids don't sacrifice comfort to look awesome. You'll want to make sure he won't get hot or sweat a lot, keep it as close as possible to his normal attire (feeling wise), and don't expect him to keep anything over his head on his face for very long b/c I can tell you he won't. Hope this helps!
thanks for the info my dad wanted to get him a Darth Vader outfit but that would seem to be a no because of the helmet. thanks for the info
Unread 07-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
Knega

You could dress him up as little America, Canada, or England from Hetalia.
Knega is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #6
Strawberry Ciel

Make him Inuyasha when he was a kid.
Strawberry Ciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #7
gules

I was once attacked by a mini InuYasha. I mean... attacked. On an escalator. Out of the blue. I wasn't cosplaying, either.

PLEASE. If your brother is liable to get too into it, do NOT give him a weapon! Or at least hold on to him so he doesn't go nuts on con-goers.

Consider the heat too. Little kids need to keep hydrated and it'll be hard if he wears something thick or padded. I really like the Pocky box idea, and if you make it to go down over his shoulders then he can wear anything he likes under it and just take it off if he wants to stop. I once saw some little girls as Hamtaro characters and they seemed to like it. Or if he likes Pokemon or Beyblade or something, dress him up as one of those dudes. Then he can have a cool toy to play with too!

Best of luck, and let us know what you decide!
gules is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #8
BeardedDragon74
Oro?

Messy blonde hair, huh? How about a chibi Gohan/Trunks/Goten in Super Saiyan mode from Dragon Ball Z? Just brush his hair up. You could also give him a yellow bouncy ball with stars on a string (so you don't have to keep chasing after it if it gets thrown).

Cosplay in progress:
Yami Marik/Melvin from Yu Gi Oh! The Abridged Series
BeardedDragon74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 03:41 AM   #9
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

you could make him be Vault Boy from Fallout 3, you start out in the game as a super young child. and the outfit would be really easy to make! its a blue jumpsuit with a few thick yellow lines and has the numbers 101 in yellow on the back of it upper back area. Vault boy also has blonde hair.

lol i've actually been thinking of forcing my little toddler to be vault boy in oct for a local con.
NeonBunnyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #10
Keitou
the obsessive otaku

Talking to my parents, and enthusiastic younger sister we think we may go for Demyx as my brothers hair has a brilliant ability to stick straight up for ages if you just gently shape it with your hands
Unread 10-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #11
Chaletica
[laughs]

Any "baby" Pokémon. Pichu, Magby, Elekid ect.
Unread 10-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #12
Kabloom
Subject to Halloween

Pikachu. Or just the hat http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=pikachu+hat
And, if he doesn't mind slight crossplaying, Yachiru: http://img1.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/sp...273_full.jp g
Kabloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 07:34 PM   #13
Ragtime Mouth
Can + Bakery + ??= Profit

Bartman
Ragtime Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #14
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

We're partial to classic Nintendo characters (oddly enough, my toddler loves hats). Link, Toad(ette), Mario/Luigi, Peach/Daisy. We're also working on Charmander right now. Avoid anything with zippers (easy for toddlers to take off), anything that hinders their senses (masks close to the eyes, heavy hoods, anything over the nose or mouth), and anything that affects the way they move (large feet, wings, etc.) and most importantly remember that you will need quick access to kiddo's hindquarters for diaper changing OR potty stops if kiddo is potty trained. The more it looks like normal clothing, the more likely it is to remain on the toddler.

I second whoever mentioned the heat. Kiddos get heatstroke very easily so make sure you can remove any offending costume parts easily and stash them. The costume should also be comfortable to sleep in if kiddo passes out in the stroller.