Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-10-2011, 03:32 AM   #3691
Crusader_8
Ask me about my name

Apparently I can have zora tunic, iron boots, biggoron sword and 15 hearts before stepping into the fire temple as adult Link. I like collecting ahead of time 8)

Coming soon - my most patriotic costume yet, Captain America!

Cosplays on the Drawing board -
Sam Flynn
Optimus Prime
Black Jack
Crusader_8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-10-2011, 03:57 AM   #3692
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
How does the PSP version control?
The controls are fine on the PSP version since it's like playing a S-RPG/bullet hell after all. But again, the tutorials don't help at all so I haven't picked it up again since I got it.

Plus, the PSP version has a free downloadable copy of Yggdra Union.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 05:46 AM   #3693
Gothic Ninja
Fabrik!

Like most of the time:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Multiplayer.
Unread 07-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #3694
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

The Marvel Community gets really odd once you past 4th Dan

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 04:21 AM   #3695
DTJAAAAM

Played my 360 for the first time in over a month. Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax and Dynasty Warriors 7!
DTJAAAAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #3696
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Had a BBQ/House party this past weekend where all money owed to me was paid for via games on Steam. Scored the original Deus Ex, Atomic Zombie, Jamestown and Portal 2.

Jamestown is arguably the best indie shump I've played in awhile, and the farce mode's plot is generally hilarious. I think the Steam summer sale is over, but it's $10 with online co-op and well worth it.

Those 4+Metroid Prime Trilogy should hold me over until Catherine drops. But I have the biggest urge to replay Bayonetta now as well.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 12:36 AM   #3697
Kildread
I can fix it!

In spite of all the complaints I have about inFamous, I still found the game pretty good as soon as I saw the ending and realized the story.

...same thing can be said about the second. All the evil choices so far were so stupid, I had no hope for the ending.

Then the game pulls this. Me = awed. Just hope the good one is just as great!
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 03:37 AM   #3698
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
In spite of all the complaints I have about inFamous, I still found the game pretty good as soon as I saw the ending and realized the story.

...same thing can be said about the second. All the evil choices so far were so stupid, I had no hope for the ending.

Then the game pulls this. Me = awed. Just hope the good one is just as great!
I mostly like inFamous because of how you can choose do practically whatever you want. I love how doing stuff for the greater good gives you consequences, while doing evil things benefits you at the expense of others. I also like seeing people praise you, or come up to you for help if you're good, and it's interesting when they band together to kill you if you're evil. Even Cole's powers changed to fit what karma he had, like how being good gives Cole powers that are more precise to keep down the civilian casualties, and being bad gave Cole more destructive powers so he can defeat baddies easier.

But I mostly like being on the hero side. Like good Cole says, it feels good to be called a hero.

I liked how you could climb everything also. It gives so much more freedom than most free-roaming games. Yeah, the stickiness can get a little troublesome if you're in a fight, but I think you can actually make Cole not grab something if you hold the Circle button. Don't quote me on that though. And yes, the first game had some problems with Cole falling past a ledge he was supposed to grab. But it didn't bother me too much since that didn't happen too often.

I admit that inFamous 2's choices are more obvious than the first's

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
(Who would you choose: doctors, who can save thousands of lives, or save the life of your loved one)
, and none of them have consequences if you choose one and forsake the other. The story wasn't as strong as the first game's either. But the both of the endings for inFamous 2 made up for all of that.

I agree though that the evil choices are stupid. It always feels like Nix is disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

Last edited by UNIT0918 : 07-12-2011 at 03:47 AM.
Unread 07-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #3699
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
I mostly like inFamous because of how you can choose do practically whatever you want. I love how doing stuff for the greater good gives you consequences, while doing evil things benefits you at the expense of others. I also like seeing people praise you, or come up to you for help if you're good, and it's interesting when they band together to kill you if you're evil.
While the small changes over what karmic enlightment you endeavor are nice, free-roam games don't gather much love from me for the free roam aspect.

Sure, I like ASS CREED, GTA, Red Dead Redemption... but it's not for the free-roaming. I never screw around --- either I'm getting collectibles, doing quests. Doing *something*, all the travelling is actually annoying for the most part.

Quote:
But I mostly like being on the hero side. Like good Cole says, it feels good to be called a hero.
Same, it didn't help that most of the evil missions seemed less of a moral choice over "Do you want to go at this the good way, or the asshat way? Since you know both options are just as much trouble and it's not about one being easier, but more selfish, than the other."

Quote:
I liked how you could climb everything also. It gives so much more freedom than most free-roaming games. Yeah, the stickiness can get a little troublesome if you're in a fight, but I think you can actually make Cole not grab something if you hold the Circle button. Don't quote me on that though.
But I *am* gonna quote you on that! In fact, I got the same impression, but it only works if you also hold the direction stick away from surfaces, otherwise it does nothing at all. I didn't think the whole climbing thing was much different than ASS CREED --- except it was much faster.

Quote:
I admit that inFamous 2's choices are more obvious than the first's

(Who would you choose: doctors, who can save thousands of lives, or save the life of your loved one)
, and none of them have consequences if you choose one and forsake the other. The story wasn't as strong as the first game's either. But the both of the endings for inFamous 2 made up for all of that.

I agree though that the evil choices are stupid. It always feels like Nix is disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.
Honestly, I found the story of the first very uninteresting until I reached the ending on the evil side, when I replayed it --- it was much better. Mostly because i was looking for references all over the place.

The 2nd, except for the cutscenes where you get introduced to the moral choice --- which is just like you say, Kuo gives a good plan, Nix disagrees with something retarded and selfish.

Then I got to the ending and was like --- wasn't I supposed to fight Kuo in the evil ending? Plus, it was polayed out to be much, much, much more immersive than any other missions the game had.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2011, 12:02 AM   #3700
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

RE: The 2nd puzzle in the Catherine demo.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKK!!!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #3701
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

So boyfriend bought Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon, so we've been playing that a bit in the last week. It is some serious mindless fun, and I like it a lot. I always appreciate a good co-op game, and the split screen is well done. Doesn't hurt that I'm pretty good at it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
I think that's about where I gave up when I played the Japanese demo a while back...

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2011, 11:00 PM   #3702
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

So...I started Ms. 'Splosion Man tonight.

It feels like 3 steps backwards from the first splosion man. And that makes me really sad because Splosion man is a formula that worked incredibly well.

I hope it gets better, because after the first world, I'm not impressed.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 06:13 AM   #3703
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKK!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
I think that's about where I gave up when I played the Japanese demo a while back...
Wow, is it really that hard for you guys? I mean, I had a hard time too when I first played the Japanese demo's second puzzle, but then it became super easy after playing it a couple times more.

And I thought I was bad at puzzle games. D:
Unread 07-16-2011, 12:24 AM   #3704
~BloodCaduceus~
Future Trauma Surgeon

I'm working through F.E.A.R. 3, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (I'm playing it late, I know, blame schooling), and Team Fortress 2.

For those of you looking for a good P.C. game, I recommend Amnesia! Really good survival-horror!

Next convention: NYCC (Saturday Only)
Costume: Hades from Saint Seiya The Lost Canvas

Proud Member of Cosplay Burlesque!
~BloodCaduceus~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 02:32 AM   #3705
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
So...I started Ms. 'Splosion Man tonight.

It feels like 3 steps backwards from the first splosion man. And that makes me really sad because Splosion man is a formula that worked incredibly well.

I hope it gets better, because after the first world, I'm not impressed.
Really? That makes me sad, I was looking forward to playing it. I thought the first Splosion Man was fun but but had its faults.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote