Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1069 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-24-2011, 07:43 AM   #2146
Gemelli

Name of Commissioner Fan Plus Friend
Website/C.com gallery http://www.fan-store.net/
Character commissioned and series/video game Furude Hanyuu - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (whole costumem including the horns)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item http://www.cosplay.com/costume/386604/
Timeline (how long your order took to process) I've first sent an email with a question on May 15 and received an answer the next day. I ordered my costume on June 7. About a month later, on July 5, the costume had been shipped. On July 8, I received the costume via ups. So excluding the prior mail contact, about a month including shipping and the time it took to make it. This is accurate with what they told me, so.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. I'm very satisfied with this costume. I got exactly what I asked for.

Pros:
- Very communicative. I received a fast reply to my question and they kept me up to date on the status of the costume (when it was shipped, etc.).
- Their website is very easy to navigate.
- The costume itself looks exactly like the image, so what you see is what you get. Everything was included and well-made.
- They also took into account my measurements as I had specifically requested bigger sleeves than what was shown on the picture. The rest fits well too.
- Very fast shipping! I was pleasantly surprised.

Cons:
- Unfortunately, the sleeves keep sliding off whenever I make the slightest movement, so they are slightly too big. This may have been an error with the measurements I have provided -- I haven't checked or anything. Still looking around for a way to fix this, but it's not something
- The tying of the hakama is a bit strange...it's with velcro, and the sash is separate. Not something I'd really worry about though.
- The horns were attached to a hairband thingy, but it was really visible with my lavender coloured with and they kept...flapping. I sewed the horns to the wig myself, though, and I won't penalize them for this.

Final Grade: A
I'd definitely order from them again.

Last edited by Gemelli : 02-07-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Gemelli is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #2147
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

Name of Commissioner: Ryoko and Yami/xYaminogamex

Website/C.com gallery:
http://xyaminogamex.deviantart.com/
http://www.cosplay.com/member/50381

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Izaya Orihara FROM Durarara wig
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/DSC07327.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Jul 3- jul 24
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Pros:
-great communication
- kept me updated
- showed what base wig she would use
- great quailty
- love the color ^^
- over all nice job
Cons: None

I will defiantly commission her again for future wigs. I recommend her ^^
Final Grade: A+
FluffyCoatIzaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #2148
strangewater

Name of Commissioner: cosplaywigshop

Website/C.com gallery: http://cosplaywigshop.ecrater.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Wig for Shirai Kuroko of To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: (Front) http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7193/wigfront.jpg (Back) http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5059/wigback.jpg

Timeline: Ordered June 7th, received June 24th

Describe your Experience. The seller answered my questions quickly and politely, sometimes I'd even be able to exchange multiple emails in the same day. At first, I was hesitant to order off this website, but I wanted that wig so darn badly -_- I recognized the same seller off ebay though, who had decent reviews, and decided to risk it. Got my wig in expected time, although uhh... it wasn't exactly what I wanted. The main ideas of the pictured wig were there: it was long, pink, and curly. Yet, it was sneaky, in sense that it was curled differently, the layers were nonexistant, and the bangs were different. The wig I got was pretty decent quality, silky smooth, and thick... it just wasn't what I wanted o_o''
The differences were what some shady sellers consider "subtle", and the seller only offer refunds in cases where they shipped the wrong product. I asked for a refund anyway, and sent pictures in. Surprisingly, the seller admitted to having sent the wrong product, and offered me an exchange, or to refund half of the wig's sold price and let me keep my received wig. I liked the wig, so I decided to keep it. Unfortunately, I still haven't got the refund. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. ._.

Final Grade: B
strangewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #2149
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Name of Commissioner: Strange Land Costuming, On cosplay.com: CapsuleCorp

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.strangelandcostumes.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Tsubasa Patch from Starry Sky

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3002595/

Timeline: July 7th - July 25

Describe your Experience: It went awesome! They did exactly as I asked and they got it done quick and easy. If I ever need any more custom patches done I know where to go~ XD

Final Grade: A+

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page

Last edited by Ineedaname9 : 07-31-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #2150
EmoGlaceon

Name of Commissioner: Filthy Commissions
Website/C.com gallery: http://filthycommissions.yolasite.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Rainbow Dash (Human Version, design here: http://littlepirate.deviantart.com/a...783647&qo=207). Commisioned the shirt, vest, pants, belt, wig, and two sets of wings (one for myself, one for another member of my group)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: 5 pictures, all here http://s349.photobucket.com/albums/q...ash%20Cosplay/
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Ordered June 16th, received reply within an hour about it, received various emails after with WIPS, most recent one today (July 26th), and she's getting the belt tomorrow and then shipping it to me. Deadline was the 30th of July, but she contacted me on the 6th asking if there was a few extra days after that I could wait as she was waiting for some materials to come in. Gave a new deadline of August 2nd.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: She was extremely helpful and kind, and always kept contact. Received replies within 24 hours, and always asked before making changes to the design. No cons yet.
Final Grade: A- (will change once I get the costume)
EmoGlaceon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #2151
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #2152
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

Name of Commissioner: Cosnet (Japan, purchased through shopping service)

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosnet.jp/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Tiger and Bunny Ivan Karelin full set

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Stock photos here, worn photos coming

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About a week and a half to my shopping service, and then a week to me

I had my heart set on an Ivan jacket that resembled an actual sukajan with the designs embroidered rather than painted or screenprinted, and after searching everywhere I could on eBay, Yahoo! Japan, and various Japanese pre-made sites, I stumbled upon Cosnet. They were new but I found some relatively good reviews in Japanese, they didn't have stolen photos like many of the Y!J sellers or eBay sellers I encountered, and the embroidery on the back of the jacket looked beautiful. Plus the price wasn't too bad, even compared to eBay! So I decided to go with cosnet, and to get the full set because it was less than 2000 to add in the pants and tank top.

The jacket is pretty good. There are a few minor flubs in the embroidery, but nothing that I actually mind or that show up other than in extreme closeup; one or two skipped threads and one thread end not cut properly. However, while I admit this was my fault for not noticing or asking, the jacket was lined in lavender instead of (accurate) yellow, and the red zipper somehow stands out a lot more and looks kind of "off" in person. There's no doubt it's the same zipper on the site, but somehow it looked better in the pictures. The striped trim is actually ribbed purple trim (which doesn't perfectly match in color, unlike in the sample photos, but close enough that I don't mind) with black trim sewn on. I don't really like that. But the overall jacket craftsmanship is quite nice! While for it to be really accurate for Ivan's style of jacket the white and purple fabrics should have been shinier, they are very comfortable, don't wrinkle, and the lining fabric feels amazing. If I weren't afraid of people thinking I'm the biggest weeaboo in the world for wearing a jacket that says JAPAN on it, I'd wear the jacket as everyday apparel.

I didn't expect too much from the pants and jacket considering you could add them on for so little, and while what I got looks kind of cheap and costumey, they're still tolerable and usable. The tank top is very cheaply made and is some kind of awful polyester knit, but it's still pretty comfortable and it fits and hangs very nicely. The pants are of rather inexpensive polyester, and while the overall construction is pretty good, for some reason there is a white zipper in green pants, and the gold buttons on the cargo pockets look kind of odd IRL. The pants have partially elastic waists (tolerable because the tank top and jacket will cover this), and the buttonhole is slightly too tight for the front fly button. They did give me a spare gold button and a spare green button for the fly, though. The sizing runs a little small on the pants, I think; I got a size L which was marked 66-75cm waist, my own waist is 66cm, and the pants fit me perfectly. I think they'd probably be uncomfortable if stretched out to 75cm.

Overall, what I got wasn't stellar, but it was definitely worth the price. It's wearable, the jacket is wonderfully made and VERY comfortable despite the few problems, and the construction on the pants is good even if the fabric is cheap. For something meant to be casual and worn around as comfortable and low-effort, I got my money's worth, even if I do think I'm going to be replacing the tank top with something cotton for the sake of not dying of heat.

Final Grade: B+.
What you see on their site is exactly what you get, and while I wouldn't trust them with some things (their portfolio is incredibly hit-or-miss, with some relatively simple designs being executed terribly inaccurately and a few very complex designs being executed at the level of something I'd normally expect to cost far more), if you're not expecting anything mindblowing and you like what you see, Cosnet might be a good option. I wasn't able to find a shop on Taobao matching their selection, but if you can and it's cheaper, I'd recommend that even more.
Unread 07-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #2153
strangewater

Name of Commissioner: koreahomme

Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.com/koreahomme/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Character commissioned: Wig for Shirai Kuroko of To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (again, aha)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/6...orfixedwig.jpg (please excuse my messy placing of pig tails. I was too excited.)

Timeline: Ordered and paid for on July 4, received July 27

Describe your Experience: Was a pretty straight forward transaction. I asked a couple questions about the wig before placing my order, and the seller answered them quickly and surely. The only problem? I asked for pictures of the back of the wig, and the seller repeatedly ignored my request. It made me nervous, since sellers denying pictures is never a good sign. However, I went along with it anyway, and ordered it.
I was given a tracking number, and the wig took longer than I had expected for it to arrive, but it was well worth the wait. I tried it on as soon as it came in the mail today, and I love the wig to death. It looked nearly exactly as advertised, it'll just need a bit of styling. Better to have extra to trim off than it be too short though, right?

Final Grade: A-
strangewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #2154
Silent_shadow

Name of Commissioner: Limebarb

Website/C.com gallery: http://limebarbstores.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Yuna from Final Fantast X, the entire costume except the wig and earring, and two staff props.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
Never took any...

Timeline (how long your order took to process):

Months, almost a year I think if I hadn't kept pestering her.

My memory is incredibly fuzzy as this had been many years back... but I know now how naive I had been as a child.

It was pretty damn pricey, and so I had to beg my mom and did extra chores and such before I was actually able to order it... as well as having the trouble of getting someone to help me pay since I was still quite young.

Once payment was received, I didn't receive many updates... barely really, and so nervously and as politely as possible, I would try to ask them about how things were going.
And now when I received my order, hm let's see...

The materials used were crap. I mean, it was as if she used really starchy pillow cases for the sleeves, a VERY stiff and uncomfortable material for the white top that had been difficult to wrap around my chest, a very ugly obi that had about three sets of buttons... so if I used the nearest set, of course the others could be seen. The boots were like something you would wear for fishing or working in a wet market, and the material had been badly damaged during delivery... The thing was just so horribly uncomfortable to wear. I was a tiny bit disappointed when I had seen the finished shots but I really hadn't expected them to be THIS bad when I received them. (I was just so afraid to anger anyone back then, even when they were pretty much screwing me over.)

And the staffs... the most expensive ones things on my order, the gem stones and such had fallen off, there were so many cracks that it was impossible to repair them... (But I tried, with my poor dad helping me too...) I finally threw them out about a year or so back...

And so once again, I rather timidly told them about a few of the problems, and received no reply. But then I felt guilty, thinking perhaps that maybe my expectations were far too high... and everyone else seemed happy with their costumes, so I apologized after and told them I would enjoy and wear the costume... to which they replied this time~

I was such an idiot...

Final Grade: D- I guess since I still received them, but no... just don't go to her.
Silent_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #2155
SPClannad

Name of Commissioner: CosOO (also goes by haof2006 on ebay)
Website: http://myworld.ebay.com/haof2006, http://stores.ebay.com/Cos00-Cosplay
Character commissioned and series: Full Male School Uniform from Clannad
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290591085775
Timeline: ~1 month, Ordered 3/17, Received 4/8
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: At first I was glad I received it in time for a con I was going to, though the day before. My first reaction was that I was impressed, the patch on the uniform was high quality and was sew onto the uniform as if it were a really school uniform. Though as I prepared for the con somethings started to stick out. First the uniform's suit was not tan/beige as the image on their site shown. I was very bright pink-orange and looks to flashy and unnatural. This is a shame as if it were tan as shown in the image I wouldn't mind wearing it as casual clothes. And though the suit looked new when I looked at the inside lining there were some brown stains that looked like blood. It also came with a striped shirt, red tie, and blue pants, all cheaply made. The shirt felt like thin cardboard and looked like it would break if washed. I ended up wearing my own shirt and tie. Worst of all were the pants which when I put on were extremely itchy, so itchy I took them off in less than a minute and then my skin turned red as if it were allergic to the material. I washed and tried them again later for another con but it was so staticly and itchy my skin would not handle it which is strange since my legs have been used to much hardships from my time camping and doing outdoor activities. Over all it cost me 68.90 plus 23.90 for shipping making the total around $93. This is pricey considering I saved up for this and only ended up using the suit since everything was so cheap. And I rarely cosplay with the suit since the colors are so off, I ended up cutting off the patch and using my own tan blazer. Over all I think they were fast and meant to offer everything they shown, but considering they are a PRC company they just copy cosplay outfits from other sites and make their own cheap ones. Just don't trust the picture you see when ordering, what you see is not what you get.

Final Grade:
C
2011 Clannad (Sunohara), Hetalia (KMT China), South Park (Kevin)
2012-2014 My Little Pony (Soarin')

Conventions defeated:
SDComic Con (09), Baltimore Comic Con (09, 10, 11, 13), Fanime (10, 11, 12), Otakon (09, 10, 11, 12, 13), AnimeUSA (12, 13), Katsukon (12), JohnCon (11, 12, 14), Small Press Expo (11, 12), Cloudsdale Congress (13), Trotcon (13, 14), BronyBABScon (14), Anime Expo (14)
SPClannad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #2156
cosplaynewb11

so glad for this review on them! i placed a order with them on the 8th and i hope all goes well!
cosplaynewb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #2157
themomma

Loserific Commissions/Ashli Pingry
themomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 06:31 PM   #2158
themomma

Loserific Commissions/Ashli Pingry

Name of Commissioner: Loserific Commissions, aka Ashli Pingry, aka PrettyPleaseCommissions

Website/C.com gallery: Loserific Commission.
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) TWO Costumes for my two teens-two from Sailor Moon.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item
Timeline (how long your order took to process) NEVER RECEIVED IT

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. No Pros. On Cons. And she is a CON, as in con artist. Reading others comments, it seems she scammed at least four other people in recent months. Took money, promised to deliver, did not deliver costumes, promised refund and did not deliver refund. She committed fraud is what she did. Paypal granted me a partial refund, but I'm still waiting on receiving more than $200 from her.

Sad thing is she contacted my kids and promised to deliver these costumes. It was for their very first Akon in Dallas. It's one thing to steal from an adult, it's another thing to steal kids' hard earned baby-sitting money and then continuously lie to them.

Final Grade: F. Don't trust her. Read the other posts. She's a thief. Stay away from her. She's done in this business anyway. She'll never recover, not after this.
Unread 07-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #2159
themomma

Darkspine29,

Ashli promised to give us a full refund and never did. Through paypal, I was able to receive a partial refund.

She's done this to so many people.
Unread 07-29-2011, 07:48 PM   #2160
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Just as an FYI - CapsuleCorp and Strange Land Costuming are one and the same. I'm the owner of the business.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote