Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Devil May Cry

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 82 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 08-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #1426
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce_VII View Post
That is actually the ONLY part of the new DmC that actually makes sense to me. My reasoning: because Dante didn't ever devil trigger til Devil May Cry 3 (or earliest, in the first volume of the manga). Soo, in the evolution of becoming a demon, this would make sense, since the white hair is clearly from His demonic side. Just a theory though..
Well, if you go with the official artwork way back from DMC1, he and Vergil had white hair even as infants (referencing the portrait of Eva and Sparda with the twins).

You know, watching the trailers... I would totally forgive the new design if it turned out that this dmc character was some other kid who was being brainwashed to think he's Dante, and then the real Dante shows up later. You could almost make it work, with the first teaser they released. But... nah, Ninja Theory isn't that creative on plot, and it'd be too much of a ripoff of DMC4 (Dante showing up halfway through the game).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Pocky View Post
I started playing DMC 4 again because I never beat it on a different note. And I realize I kinda hate Nero just a bit because no devil trigger. WTF. lol
Yeah, keep playing. You'll get the cool stuff later. ^_^

Speaking of, for those who already know all the DMC4 spoilers, can anyone tell me

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
what the source was for the quote that "officially" explained that Nero was Vergil's son? I thought it supposedly came from some Capcom employee in an interview, but I never found a citation for it.

When I was watching the DMC4 trailers, I totally expected to hate Nero in the game, but as it turned out he wasn't nearly as annoying (or whiny or emo) as I expected. I still wouldn't rank him in my all-time top 5 favorite characters, but I didn't mind playing as him; I actually liked some of his gameplay elements -- Devil Bringer moves, etc. (I'm still not sure what he sees in Kyrie, though. Talk about a useless female character...)

...Aaaaand back on a COSPLAY-related topic, I totally got lucky at Goodwill this evening and scored a pair of like-new leather pants that I can modify for the MVC3 Trish I'm working on. I thought I was going to have to make them out of stretch vinyl because all the leather pants I own are the wrong cut -- but these are size 0 so they're already super tight, and they were cheaper than buying the raw materials to make pants from scratch! ^_^

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #1427
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technowraith View Post
Nero has Devil Trigger. Same combo also activates Dante's Devil Trigger. When you first start out DMC4, you don't have access to Devil Trigger right away. You gotta play the first couple missions to learn about your basic skills and stuff.
Oh okay, cause I was pissed off because devil trigger would have helped me for a boss battle.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #1428
2DLogic
SSSmokin' Sick Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVAAntares View Post
You know, watching the trailers... I would totally forgive the new design if it turned out that this dmc character was some other kid who was being brainwashed to think he's Dante, and then the real Dante shows up later. You could almost make it work, with the first teaser they released. But... nah, Ninja Theory isn't that creative on plot, and it'd be too much of a ripoff of DMC4 (Dante showing up halfway through the game).

Speaking of, for those who already know all the DMC4 spoilers, can anyone tell me

what the source was for the quote that "officially" explained that Nero was Vergil's son? I thought it supposedly came from some Capcom employee in an interview, but I never found a citation for it.
Agreed. Like I said, if this was a new character then fine, but don't tell me that is supposed to be the Dante I've known for the past 10 years.

It comes from the talk of Yamato, Vergil's sword, only being able to be wielded by someone of Sparda's bloodline. Originally Dante wanted it back, but then at the end of the game when Nero offers to return it Dante says something about him hanging onto it and "keeping it in the family". To my knowledge there is no official word, its just very heavily implied.

As far as costume stuff... More work done to Rebellion and Sparda, just gotta make the pommels of the hilts, whcih I continue to procrastinate about. Think I'm gonna give Ebony and Ivory another go, see if I can improve on what I previously made. Been working on some other stuff too. Also trying to set up a little prop business on the side, blogs and various accounts getting set up, ect.
2DLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 02:49 AM   #1429
Technowraith
Stealing Dante's Pizza...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Pocky View Post
Oh okay, cause I was pissed off because devil trigger would have helped me for a boss battle.
The first boss battle you can easily do without Devil Trigger. I think by mission 3 or 4 you have devil trigger, so you don't have to wait long for it. I know for sure you have it for fighting Berial the fire centurian type dude, and he's early on in the game. (Unless I'm incorrectly assuming since I replay the early missions a lot with Nero. I replay missions 2 and 4 quite a lot. especially 4 because gyroblades are so damn fun to play with. I don't exactly remember when you learn Devil Trigger but it is early in the game. )

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Costume status: Wig ordered.
Current Prop status:
Deathbringer: Full scale mock-up 85% complete. Design adjustments in progress.
Red Queen: Design in progress
Blue Rose: Not started yet.
Technowraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 05:40 AM   #1430
LordDraco3
On a mission

Quote:
Well, if you go with the official artwork way back from DMC1, he and Vergil had white hair even as infants (referencing the portrait of Eva and Sparda with the twins).
So. Much. This. DMC1 Dante even said, and I quote, "Even as a child I had powers." Characters who gain power with their "coming of age" (16, 18, 21) are also incredibly common and cliche stories.

There are WAY more things left to flesh out and mysteries left unanswered in the DMC universe to think a reboot is the best idea. ESPECIALLY after DMC4, which just left us with MORE questions.

Nero, for one, is a total mystery. I cannot accept that "official" word on 'who he is' until it appears in game, because it's a HORRIBLE idea for so many reasons, it really just sounds like nobody had a clue and decided to go with an answer that kinda sorta made sense, but not really. They opened a huge can of worms by creating this character and never really resolved ANYTHING, and from the looks of it, probably never will.

Also, Sparda is another unknown. Sure, we've heard plenty about him and know the basic gist of what he did (it seems to change in every game. "THIS IS THE KEY TO THE DEMON WORLD! Oh, and this. And this. Sparda used all of these"), but I remember hearing about a PSP game being planned and getting canceled where you play as Sparda. Sparda's backstory would make a GREAT game!

When Bayonetta dick-slapped DMC in the face by using the same formula and making it better, I just really expected DMC to crank it up to 11 for the next game, but instead, they are going in the complete opposite direction. I was disappointed that 4 played slower than 3, but the unreal engine? COME ON!

ffffffffffffffffff I could rage for pages

Good luck with Nevan, Deuce, looking forward to it. You'll have to make a video though so we can all get the full effect :P
LordDraco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #1431
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDraco3 View Post
So. Much. This. DMC1 Dante even said, and I quote, "Even as a child I had powers."
Hmm... Now that opens up its own set of possibilities. Let's see -- how about a game about Dante and Vergil's first day of kindergarten? They get in a fight and accidentally frag the playground... and then a bunch of demons attack at snack time and Dante has to defend his cookie from the dark forces of hell, but while he's busy with that, Vergil sneaks in and steals his snack, so you have a two-level bossfight...

I would totally play that game. >.< (And it would probably still be truer to the character than dmc: DMC.)

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever seen an Eva cosplay? I considered doing one way back after DMC1, but at the time I didn't quite have the sewing skills to pull it off. Are there any references of her other than the two DMC1 portraits?

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #1432
LoveofCountry
Guts & Honor, I like that

Quote:
They get in a fight and accidentally frag the playground...
LIKE BUTTON!!!

never seen an Eva cosplay, you should totally pioneer that. I'd take what you can from the photo and leave the rest up to artistic liberty since you have a very good bearing on the Devil May Cry universe.

Katsucon '14
PAX East '14 !!
LoveofCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #1433
Deuce_VII
Devil Trigger Dante

Quote:
I am aware of that (and agree that it is cannon), was just trying to be optimistic about the new game...for what it's worth

Believe it or not, I've actually seen a couple Eva cosplays..several on deviantArt and one at a con a LONG time ago (Acen '08 i think). But nonetheless, it'd definitely be refreshing to see some rarer cosplays see the light of day

On my front, I have most of the rough bits done on Nevan today..no pics yet..but it's nice to have it started. I realized yesterday in order to wire it up, I'm gonna have to half make the prop, paint it, THEN wire it, and finish making it. So it is gonna take a lil longer than I anticipated to make..but the end result should be totally worth it

I'll see if I can do a video of it in action when it's complete Draco..lol
In a time, long since past in an age of darkness, when the Earth was overrun with demons and humans were powerless under their rule humanity's hope lived in a demon, named Sparda. With a spirit unlike any other, and wielding the sword that bore his own name, Sparda eradicated the demons. And now the Legend of Sparda, has been inherited, by his son the demon slayer...Dante
Deuce_VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #1434
LordDraco3
On a mission

There are a few Eva cosplayers here on coscom, more than you might think.
LordDraco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #1435
2DLogic
SSSmokin' Sick Style

There's actually a pretty nice Sparda and Eva duo on here somewhere. I think I found the pics when searching for "Sparda" in the photos category hoping to find other people's attempts at making the sword.

Finally remembered to make my Dante's coat belt buckles today. Drawing these out took forever; after that I quickly cut, sanded, and sprayed a base coat of black on them.
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...8-24171036.jpg
2DLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #1436
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
The first boss battle you can easily do without Devil Trigger. I think by mission 3 or 4 you have devil trigger, so you don't have to wait long for it. I know for sure you have it for fighting Berial the fire centurian type dude, and he's early on in the game. (Unless I'm incorrectly assuming since I replay the early missions a lot with Nero. I replay missions 2 and 4 quite a lot. especially 4 because gyroblades are so damn fun to play with. I don't exactly remember when you learn Devil Trigger but it is early in the game. )
Berial was the very first boss you fight, I think I'm on mission 3 or 4 and still don't have any other abilities yet. Any thing really cool any way. lol
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 08-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #1437
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDraco3 View Post
There are a few Eva cosplayers here on coscom, more than you might think.
Who is Eva again? Oh, I'm guessing that's Dante's mother since I reread posts. lol
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 08-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #1438
Technowraith

Eva and Sparda gave birth to Dante and Vergil according to canon storyline.

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Prop status:
Unread 08-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #1439
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
Eva and Sparda gave birth to Dante and Vergil according to canon storyline.
That's what I was assuming. lol I just didn't remember her name. I bet that process was painful. lol >.>'
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 08-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #1440
Technowraith

The entire mythology behind Devil May Cry is actually pretty fascinating. If you take into account the hypothetical fact that DMC 2 never existed, some of the story begins to make real sense. Even some Capcom execs admit, rather unwillingly mind you, in an interview about the new Devil May Cry "We'll pretend that DMC 2 never happened." Which kinda tells ya how much they care for DMC 2.

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Prop status: