Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #3871
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
Oh, you. Funny thing is... Well, you saw it. I wasn't even trying to make a witty remark about the NYC incident. But now that you mention it... What the hell happened? Michael J Fox just showed up out of the blue?
IDK Man, it started in DC and spread all the way up here, mostly because the East Coast is med of bedrock and NYC is famous for a thin crust (See what I did there).

Anywho Deus Ex:HR is no joke and even on normal kind of hard. Then again a Gears of War cover system in the 1st person view makes not for the easiest gameplay.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-24-2011, 10:56 AM   #3872
Kenmichi
Death by photograph.

Timeline for yesterday:
>Drive to town, 30 minutes away
>Go to Walmart to buy Deus Ex for PS3
>No copies
>Call nearest Gamestop, 40 minutes away
>They have copies, cannot hold any, haul ass
>Grab one of the remaining three copies on the shelves
>Drive hour about an hour and a half to get home
>Feed Horses, dogs, chickens, cook myself dinner
>Put Deus Ex into PS3, game install takes almost an hour
>Talk to girlfriend for 3 hours, watch 3 episodes of T&B
>DON'T GET TO PLAY GAME TILL ALMOST 7 HOURS AFTER PURCHASED

Not that anyone truly cares, so TL;DR version: Bought game at 3, didn't play till 11 and only played for an hour because I was too damn tired.
But so far I absolutely LOVE the cover system. It's seamless and perfect in nearly every way that I've experienced it, so far. In general the controls are spot on when you start to learn them, but there are two things I feel would have really enhanced the experience: 1) iron site aiming for non-scoped weapons, 2) like in MGS4 I wish you could transition from 1st to 3rd person viewing. I know that would take away from the Deus Ex experience but I just love how the cover system works as 3rd person viewing and feel that the transition in and out of cover would be even cleaner if this was a true 3rd person game.

On that note, time to go actually play. I'm not even out of the Milwaukee Factory yet...
Unread 08-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #3873
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmichi View Post
Timeline for yesterday:
>Drive to town, 30 minutes away
>Go to Walmart to buy Deus Ex for PS3
>No copies
>Call nearest Gamestop, 40 minutes away
>They have copies, cannot hold any, haul ass
>Grab one of the remaining three copies on the shelves
>Drive hour about an hour and a half to get home
>Feed Horses, dogs, chickens, cook myself dinner
>Put Deus Ex into PS3, game install takes almost an hour
>Talk to girlfriend for 3 hours, watch 3 episodes of T&B
>DON'T GET TO PLAY GAME TILL ALMOST 7 HOURS AFTER PURCHASED

Not that anyone truly cares, so TL;DR version: Bought game at 3, didn't play till 11 and only played for an hour because I was too damn tired.
But so far I absolutely LOVE the cover system. It's seamless and perfect in nearly every way that I've experienced it, so far. In general the controls are spot on when you start to learn them, but there are two things I feel would have really enhanced the experience: 1) iron site aiming for non-scoped weapons, 2) like in MGS4 I wish you could transition from 1st to 3rd person viewing. I know that would take away from the Deus Ex experience but I just love how the cover system works as 3rd person viewing and feel that the transition in and out of cover would be even cleaner if this was a true 3rd person game.

On that note, time to go actually play. I'm not even out of the Milwaukee Factory yet...
1) An hour? Took me like 10 minutes broseph
2) T&B is pretty great, although I'm like 3 or 4 episodes behind at this point.
3)REALLY wish the tran-gun had a scope.
4)The Milwaukee Factory is pretty big.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 08-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #3874
FallofIcarus

Sims Medieval =P I love it

Lets be friends on Facebook

Follow me on twitter @Dolly_cosplay

Please support me in Cosplay Idol
FallofIcarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #3875
ManiacMarshall
Hope Rides Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
Whoops... Too soon?
I GET IT!

...on another note...

CERBERUS ALPHAAAAA
Unread 08-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #3876
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

I keep meaning to watch T&B. It looks good, but I get kind of annoyed at most anime these days. I get annoyed at all the stuff like when their head gets really big and they start shouting, they start spinning around, they fall on their face, they sweatdrop, etc. I don't mind it a little bit, for example I love Slayers but every once in a while there will be some stupid anime thing like that but often enough to annoy me.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, does T&B have any of that "comic relief" anime stuff?
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #3877
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
I keep meaning to watch T&B. It looks good, but I get kind of annoyed at most anime these days. I get annoyed at all the stuff like when their head gets really big and they start shouting, they start spinning around, they fall on their face, they sweatdrop, etc. I don't mind it a little bit, for example I love Slayers but every once in a while there will be some stupid anime thing like that but often enough to annoy me.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, does T&B have any of that "comic relief" anime stuff?
T&B is very much in the same vein of Trigun and Bebop where it was created to appeal to Western audiences by tackling a subject we hold dear: Reality TV. And Super Heroes. And no, why it does have some lolzy reaction faces, it's pretty realistic and lacks the chibi/tear drop nonsense. And it's pretty much the best non-Gainax anime coming out of Japan these days.

I'm also willing to kill for a copy of REDLINE on Blu Ray.

Unread 08-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #3878
Pliskin
Fortune Hunter

Whelp, beat Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Possibly PC GotY. Its that good.

Secondly, BioWare, we need to talk. Can you guys finally stop pretending that your dialog system is the best thing since sliced bread and FIX IT? You know, the one where you give us three choices, and sentences to reflect each choice that don't necessarily reflect what our character is actually going to say? Because Deus Ex just whooped you guys in the dialog tree department, and they didn't have to label the only three options "foreveralone" "trollface" and "awesomeface".
Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #3879
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

You beat Deus Ex? Jeez, I just did the whole sneak into the police station thing.

Hacker for now, sneaky in a bit.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #3880
Pliskin
Fortune Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
You beat Deus Ex? Jeez, I just did the whole sneak into the police station thing.

Hacker for now, sneaky in a bit.
Talked my way into the station.

I was mostly stealth/hacking in the beginning, then I added actual stealth camo and added some close quarters stuff as I progressed.

My playthrough was something like 15 hours.
Unread 08-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #3881
Kenmichi
Death by photograph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
T&B is very much in the same vein of Trigun and Bebop where it was created to appeal to Western audiences by tackling a subject we hold dear: Reality TV. And Super Heroes. And no, why it does have some lolzy reaction faces, it's pretty realistic and lacks the chibi/tear drop nonsense. And it's pretty much the best non-Gainax anime coming out of Japan these days.

I'm also willing to kill for a copy of REDLINE on Blu Ray.
Did you go to Otakon this year? If you did, did you attend the T&B panel on Sunday? I can't remember his name but the lead producer of the show was hosting a Q&A and basically said exactly that. Anyway, my girlfriend is quite literally obsessed with the show and got me into it, only through episode 5 but I am thoroughly enjoying it!

My game install probably didn't take an hour, but the game install + girlfriend time melded together and I honestly wasn't paying attention to it. I finally got out of the Milwaukee factory and am just wandering around Detroit.

Speaking of Detroit, I just have 1 word to say about Deus Ex.

Robocop.
Unread 08-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #3882
Pliskin
Fortune Hunter

Quote:
Did you go to Otakon this year? If you did, did you attend the T&B panel on Sunday? I can't remember his name but the lead producer of the show was hosting a Q&A and basically said exactly that. Anyway, my girlfriend is quite literally obsessed with the show and got me into it, only through episode 5 but I am thoroughly enjoying it!

My game install probably didn't take an hour, but the game install + girlfriend time melded together and I honestly wasn't paying attention to it. I finally got out of the Milwaukee factory and am just wandering around Detroit.

Robocop.
I actually overheard a convo between two cops in the game, in the precinct. One was chastising the other for never having heard of that "classic" movie.

I think there's a nameplate on one of the offices for "Murphy" as well.
Unread 08-25-2011, 01:30 AM   #3883
Crusader_8
Ask me about my name

(Edited for foolish mistake-oriented reasons involving me missing the point of internet anonymous-ness)

Coming soon - my most patriotic costume yet, Captain America!

Cosplays on the Drawing board -
Sam Flynn
Optimus Prime
Black Jack

Last edited by Crusader_8 : 08-25-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Crusader_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 05:35 AM   #3884
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Finally got my hands on Phoenix Wright: Justice for All! Just gotta get the first Ace Attorney game and I will finally decide to play the series!

Also snagged my pre-ordered copy of SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked. I don't have a 3DS, so it'll have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
P3P has been one of the best games I've played on the psp recently (which come to think of it, doesnt say much)/
If anything, the best PSP games stay in Japan... Like Valkyria Chronicles III. > The PSP is my favorite system next to the PS3, and half of my PSP library is filled with Japanese exclusives.

Man, you guys are making me want to pick up Deus Ex despite not having played any of the previous Deus Ex games.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #3885
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:

Robocop.
No and no, but I did remember seeing the transcript online, so maybe I pulled that quote from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
Man, you guys are making me want to pick up Deus Ex despite not having played any of the previous Deus Ex games.
You can enjoy HR w/o playing the original. However if you do end up buying it, do yourself a favor and download the original via steam for like $7. Just stay the hell away from "Invisible War".

Last night I played a game called "Turn 29 and get drunk." I am the best at that game. Also apparently my friends ended up pre-ordering and paying off Gears of War 3 AND BROsana 2. I am pleased, as that's 2 less games I have to buy this year.