Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1427 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #2191
marshmallowpie
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrling

Name of Commissioner: Cos00
Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.ca/cos00corp
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): girl's Gakuen Hetalia uniform (dress, shirt and tie.)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/216922/
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Bought and paid on August 8th, shipped on the 29th, received Sept 2nd.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: I think the quality is very nice. Looks just like the photo. Everything fits fairly well. The tie is weird, it's not a normal tie, it's not a clip-on either, it has a zipper, it's kind of confusing, but I'll get the hang of it eventually. The tie is also kind of long, I think it's supposed to be shorter. Also, at first I thought the straps of the dress were too long, but then I remembered they needed to be crossed over. :x Anyway, I'd buy from them again if there was something I wanted and it looked good in the picture.
Final Grade: A(-? maybe? The only thing I can think to complain about is the tie's length, and that doesn't even bother me.)

Unread 09-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #2192
themomma

UPDATE re Loserific commissions.

AFTER LETTERS FROM MY FRIEND THE LAWYER, AFTER WRITING A COMPLAINT TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, I got my full refund.
themomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #2193
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

You're very welcome ^^

And updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #2194
Sirius-chan
Sintra Lover =3

Name of Commissioner: +Gogo+ / Kawaii wigs / Amanda White

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/19054

Character commissioned: Blazblue Lambda-11 wig (Justice color scheme)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Post later

Timeline: May to October

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

Anyways, her price was fair and even included a list of the items that would be used in order to cut style the wig. I sent her the first payment, she kept me updated telling me when she ordered the wig and when she got the supplies for it. This was back in June.
Soon late June early August I hadn't heard from her and she said that she'd get the wig finished by August. Despite some messages I didn't get a reply until 3 weeks ago. She was saying that she was still planning to do the wig and her husband has been in the hospital. .

Final Grade: A

Name of Commissioner: Wonderland Wigs / ExTurkValentine

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/164040/

http://wonderlandwigs.deviantart.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Blazblue Lambda-11 (justice color wig)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: (attached) (wig appears darker in pictures than it actually is.

Timeline: No more than a month.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: Excellent person to work with. We even discussed the wig choices together before she made a purchase. Kept me updated with progress shots or when emailed me when something came in (like the wig). Wig arrived shortly after it was shipped. She even finished three weeks before the dead line. Looks lovely and can't wait for the con. Braid is a little lose but that happens with time in a braid. Rebraiding won't be a big deal. She is talented and I thank her for taking this on in what I consider a small amount of time. Will use her again.

Final Grade: A+

Tsubaki: Blazblue

Maya: Persona 2

Cons:

Dragon*COn
AWA
Momo

Last edited by Sirius-chan : 11-03-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Sirius-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 01:16 AM   #2195
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

please change my grade for foxas from a A (i think +..i forget) to a c..as i did get one of the items (kaito cosplay) but now i have yet to recieve my sora gloves..
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 01:17 PM   #2196
DragonGirl007
Dragon Lover

Are there any reviews here for 399Cosplayshop? I am extremely tempted to get their Haruhi Suzumiya cosplay but I wanted to know what people think...and the fact that this thread is so massive isn't helping my search XD. Either that, or I may be blind and zipping right past them.
DragonGirl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #2197
LadyFuzLin

Thumbs up

I ordered two products in the same order, but they were drastically different, so I hope no-one minds that I post them separately.

Name of Merchant -
Cosplay Fu
Website - www[dot]****This Website Link Has Been Removed due to Recent Forum Spam****[dot]co[dot]uk.
Item purchased - 'Stocking Wig from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt'. x1.
Links to picture(s) of your received item - http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files...king%20Wig.png.
Timeline (how long your order took to process) - I ordered the Item on 19/08/2011. I received an e-mail on 01/09/2011 stating that my item had been dispatched, and they arrived on 06/09/2011. There was a slight delay in the dispatch due to another item I had ordered (which I am reviewing separately).
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. - I ordered the wig because I have previously ordered a costume and loved the quality, and thought the wig looked very high quality in the picture. The price was £38.39 which I thought really reasonable for a wig so long so I placed my order. Once it arrived, it was packed with my other item, wrapped neatly in a bag and net to keep it tidy. It feels very heavy, and when I took it out fully to feel properly, I was very pleased with how thick and full it really is. I tried it on, and found the fibres to be incredibly soft and easy to keep tidy. There was a little bit of mess from me trying to get it on (I'm no good with long wigs), but any tangles immediately dissappeared after coming my fingers through. It's probably the best wig I have bought to this day and it was also very easy to plait and re-store until I need it again. I was also worried that because I'm so tall, it wouldn't be long enough to fit the character, but it's long enough for me to sit on! I can't believe how perfect it is.
Final Grade: A-, because of the delay in dispatching the item.
LadyFuzLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #2198
LadyFuzLin

Thumbs down

This is the second of the items I recieved in a 2-Post Order. I posted separately because of the sheer difference in quality between the two items.
Name of Merchant- Cos play Fu
Website- www.cosplay[dot]fu.co.uk
Item purchased (please include quantity)- Stocking Katana from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt x1
Links to picture(s) of your received item-
What I ordered- http://i53.tinypic.com/20ggpr4.jpg
What I recieved- http://i53.tinypic.com/21a0mle.png
Timeline (how long your order took to process)- I placed my order on 19/08/2011. Between 20/08/2011 and 22/08/2011 I was corresponding with the seller, then on 01/09/2011, I was informed my item had been dispatched. On 06/09/2011, my item arrived.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. - I loved the way the item looked in the photos, and since I was ordering another item at the time, I thought 'sure, why not!' and ordered myself one. It cost £27.93, which I thought was fairly reasonable for a prop of such a size since it looked so nice in the photos. On 20/08, I recieved a message from the seller telling me that this prop was made out of metal, and would I still want it. I replied saying yes, since for the price I paid that's even better, and on 22/08 she replied once more to say that is fine and she will process my order. I played the waiting game, and my order arrived on 06/09. It was pretty poorly packed and surprisingly light, in a long cardboard box. When I opened it I was very shocked to find a very cheap and flimsy prop which looked nothing like what I ordered. It was wrapped in bubblewrap, but had still been damaged in transit and was now bent. It looks to be made of cardboard, with a thin metal sheet coating. Rather than a painted design, the blade has been left silver and the blue stripes had been applied with blue tape. The handle was way too long, and felt like it was hollow. It again is covered in white tape, with the pattern in blue tape- but even that is the wrong pattern! After recieving several full costumes from them of good quality, I was so shocked to see something of such a low standard.
Final Grade: D-. The only good points were the fast shipping and the good correspondence.
LadyFuzLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #2199
tehkukikookie
Uses galaxies as shuriken

Name of Commissioner: JCPunk
Website/C.com gallery: http://stores.ebay.com/JC-PUNK?_trksid=p4340.l2563
Character commissioned and series: Long Purple Black Wig
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: There are some in my gallery, I believe. But if not, trust me, it's beautiful.
Timeline: July 2011
Pros: This is the most efficient wig seller I've come across. ;o; I ordered it, having my doubts at a heat resistant 100cm wig for only $20. But I decided to take the chance because I needed it for a con the next week xD I contacted them about express shipping, whic was only $14 for five days shipping. I lived in Washington State at the time, so that was pretty decent.
The wig arrived in a nice padded envelope. It was tangle free is VERY soft. I found myself petting it for a lot longer than I should have. The colours were blended nicely without huge chunks of one or the other color.

Cons: HOWEVER. This wig tangled like it was going out of style. Though I'm not going to put it on them because it was 100cm long.

Comments:I recommended these guys to everyone! I'm taking a chance with their cosplays, and I hope that I won't be disappointed.

Otakon 2012
Red Dress/SMS Klang Klang, Kida, Micro Klan Klang, Aisha Clan Clan, Ms.Fortune

Toki Wartooth
tehkukikookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #2200
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Name of Commissioner: OperationNK

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.chenoalynn.net/ , http://www.cosplay.com/member/276492

Character commissioned and series: Fujin Armor from FF7 and Rocket Plushie

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: The one WIP pic i got....
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/...0720111609.jpg

Timeline: 6-28 to 7-20 <--last time I heard anything from her

Pros: She was nice? Not much else.

Cons: I got nothing, and lost 30$ from it. I was scammed. She no longer goes on Coscom and I tried to get in contact with her otherwise.

Comments: I got scammed...and now no longer feel like cosplaying Fujin due to it. If she does eventually get the items to me and etc. I'll change it but I doubt it.

Final Grade: F-
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 08:00 AM   #2201
thoetmosis

Name of Merchant: Cosplaywig

Website/C.com gallery: Ebay store

Item purchased (please include quantity): 80CM straight pumpkin orange wig

Links to picture(s) of your received item: exactly as on their website

Timeline: Arrived in about 1,5 weeks

Pros: It's a very soft wig and does hardly detangle ! (which is great for a long wig like this one). You don't even need a comb, you can just brush it with your fingers. Very good quality (for a low price!). It looks exactly like on their website (colour is only a tiny tiny bit darker in real life) and it sits very comfortable
The long wig is also packed in a secure and good way. It has become the finest wig i own and i will definitely buy again from them !

Cons: none at all

thoetmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #2202
tehkukikookie
Uses galaxies as shuriken

Name of Merchant: Fantasy Sheep
Item purchased: ttp://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10815089075 http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10191609867
Links to picture(s) of your received item: I will get them posted soon!
Timeline (how long your order took to process)
The transaction began September 4th with me asking for a quote for shipping. It did take a few days because I had a ton of questions, but it was prett speedy for one message a day.

It was payed for on September 6th and shipped out the next day. I just received it today which is pretty fast in my opinion.

So...from start to finish, ten days.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Pros: Very helpful and kind, willing to answer all of my questions. It was shipped quickly and packed nicely. The long wig is stunningly beautiful and luxuriously soft.

Cons:
The shorter wig on the other hand... isn't NEARLY as long as it appears to be in the photo. It would have been a problem if I wasn't already planning to harvest from the longer wig, so I can just fill it in.

Final Grade: A-, easily an A+ if the shorter wig weren't so short!

Otakon 2012
Red Dress/SMS Klang Klang, Kida, Micro Klan Klang, Aisha Clan Clan, Ms.Fortune

Toki Wartooth
tehkukikookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #2203
Cherrin

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay FU
Website/C.com: www . cosplay fu . com / product/Yuni+Cosplay+from+Katekyo+Hitman+Reborn
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Uni from hitman reborn. Full costume excluding boots and pacifier
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...24978 0_n.jpg

The picture is AFTER I altered the scarf/cape to make it shorter. I made the belt myself. I sewed on a string to the hat to make it stay on my head. Boots are my own.

Timeline (how long your order took to process): i ordered around late august and received it mid september.
Describe your Experience.
First time ordering a costume, and of course I was nervous. I went with cosplay FU because of my inadequate funds... the site had a deal for 90 meanwhile other sites were charging easily 300+... yeah. The post office actually MISSHIPPED my costume when it was supposed to come.. of course not cosplay FU's fault, but it still shook me a bit.
Pros,
The costume looks exactly like the picture (they had another picture before...I am almost sure they are using a picture of the costume I ordered now). Quality is okay for the price. Not top notch, I mean I see threads loose here and there but it's something I can fix myself.

The top's shoulders and sleeves are the perfect size for me (I actually rounded up when measuring myself).
Cons,
They made the waist larger than I expected, so there's a gap between my chest and the top. Not a big deal though, and not very noticeable. I was extremely afraid that the shorts would not fit.. I was SUPER lucky to find that they fit EXACTLY. Exactly as in tight to my skin. It feels a little tight, but I can still sit and walk around in it. I suggest you bump up your hip size a bit, or measure where your (excuse the language) crotch is, instead of your actual hip.

The cape and scarf are a lot longer than it should be. However it's nothing that a little mending by a sewing machine can't fix. Also, the hat isn't very durable on my head. It slides off easily by a simple move of my head. I can fix this as well by sewing a string to it to tie under my chin. But yeah.

Costume lacks detail. The symbol on the cap should be to the side but it's in the middle. The scarf should be pointed but it's squared. The shoulder pads don't have the detail they would have in the real thing.

The costume really isn't that great with accuracy.. but for what I paid for, it was an amazing deal, considering I altered it myself and saved 200+ dollars.

Final Grade: B

Last edited by Cherrin : 10-01-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Cherrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #2204
forlornhope638

Name of Merchant: Katie Bair
Item purchased: 2 Red Wig Caps
Links to picture(s) of your received item: N/A
I put my order in July 31st and received it August 16th or 17th
Pros: Items were as described/of decent quality. Katie also refunded me $4 for overcharging for shipping.
Cons: It took a while to get here. I sent her an email August 13th asking if she had sent it or not. I didn't get a reply but it came in the mail mysteriously 3 or 4 days later.

Final Grade: B+ (shipping could of been faster, better communication)

Name of Merchant: Katie Bair
Item purchased: Combrush
Links to picture(s) of your received item: N/A
Ordered it September 4th and received it September 13th.
Pros: Items were as described/of decent quality. Faster than my first experience with her.
Cons: None that I can think of..

Final Grade: A

Last edited by forlornhope638 : 09-17-2011 at 02:10 AM.
forlornhope638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:04 AM   #2205
artemis88
Loves The Bad Boys

Name of Commissioner: Tsukeru
Website/C.com gallery: http://tsukeruu.deviantart.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Austria - Axis Powers Hetalia, his long blue coat and the white cravat.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
[Coat and Cravat]
[Cravat Close-up]

{When I actually receive the item, I'll post more pictures! <3 I just couldn't wait to post this review! xD I'm THAT happy about the service I received. <3}
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Well, I first ordered on 7/25/2011, and the product was finished this past weekend, so a little under two months, but she informed me that she had cons to go to, another commission to do, as well as her own costumes to attend to, so that was expected on my part.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:
Pros:

I felt that Tsukeru was very professional in keeping up communications, as well as handling any questions I have, and has been very patient to wait for me to pay. (I get paid every two weeks.) She also asked me things like, what type of buttons I wanted on the coat and made sure that she even got a good material for the cravat! She didn't just run in head-long and try to get it done quickly. She took her time, and from what I see on the photos, it's well worth the wait!

Cons:

I don't see any with this seller. I would recommend her to anyone!

Comments:

She put up with my very non-professional gushing very well when she showed me the pictures of the final product. <3 x3 I found her to be very polite, professional, and a hard worker. ^_^
Final Grade: A+!
artemis88 is offline   Reply With Quote