Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 39 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 09-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #106
Avisu
KittiofDOOM

Hey, so is anyone going to Salute to Supernatural Toronto in october this year?
I'll be going as Cas and I wanted to get some pictures with some more Supernatural cosplayers since there are none in my area ¬¬

Here's some shots of my Castiel costume I finally got done after a fight to find the trench coat.

http://kawaii-gin-kitti.deviantart.c...F12040496&qo=0
http://kawaii-gin-kitti.deviantart.c...F12040496&qo=3

Also, anyone know where to get a Jacket like Gabriels? He's also on my list to do.

Hey, also where can i find a shirt/jacket like Lucifers? http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/G...atural-283.jpg

The others i'm going to do are
Female Castiel - Done, just need pictures
Lucifer - Already got the make up done, will upload pics soon.
Samifer
Doctor Gabriel
Waiter Gabriel (I just love the Mustache haha)
Gabriel
Crowley

Last edited by Avisu : 09-30-2011 at 06:28 AM. Reason: More Information
Avisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-02-2011, 07:42 PM   #107
sunnystars

i'm planning on doing a Sam cosplay, a pizzaman!Gabriel, then also a Jefferson Starship; but if you aren't really looking for them, the most recognizable cosplay would be Cas cause of that overcoat
sunnystars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #108
junkeemunky
JM

Working on Castiel for a Halloween party, especially since I have almost the same haircut already! Trying to convince my gf to do a character too, but not sure who yet.
junkeemunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #109
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

I can haz Cas costume?

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/402468/

It's pretty much done. Just some small details required, like the correct color tie, some blood spatter and blue contact lenses.

I'm so happy. This was totally done on a whim.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 01:08 AM   #110
jalynissuper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisu View Post
Hey, so is anyone going to Salute to Supernatural Toronto in october this year?
I'll be going as Cas and I wanted to get some pictures with some more Supernatural cosplayers since there are none in my area ¬¬

Here's some shots of my Castiel costume I finally got done after a fight to find the trench coat.

http://kawaii-gin-kitti.deviantart.c...F12040496&qo=0
http://kawaii-gin-kitti.deviantart.c...F12040496&qo=3

Also, anyone know where to get a Jacket like Gabriels? He's also on my list to do.

Hey, also where can i find a shirt/jacket like Lucifers? http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/G...atural-283.jpg

The others i'm going to do are
Female Castiel - Done, just need pictures
Lucifer - Already got the make up done, will upload pics soon.
Samifer
Doctor Gabriel
Waiter Gabriel (I just love the Mustache haha)
Gabriel
Crowley
You can find lots of clothes all the guys wear at jcpenney. (that's, oddly enough, where Misha said the original trenchcoat came from.) I think that's where the wardrobe dept shops.

the only thing I haven't been able to find was Dean's leather jacket, but that's a one of a kind anyway.
I'm really excited to see your lucifer makeup! I watched some makeup tutorials for zombie makeup and things but i think it'd be really hard for normal skin color and red underneathe.
good luck!
Pikachu-pokemon: 95%
Dark Mousy-DNAngel: 50%
Sailor Saturn-Sailor Moon: 75%
Sakura- Cardcaptors: 10%
Mio Hio- DNAngel: 10%
there is more but i don't have even a stitch of fabric that i can say i've started for them.
jalynissuper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2011, 02:49 AM   #111
ItalianPeach

It's been a few months since I have popped onto this thread. I hope everyone had great holidays and A happy New Year.

As always, you guys are really rocking the costumes! Love it!

So in the new year I hope to have a few new costumes be completed. I am mostly done with Sarah Blake (Season 1: Provenance), just need to find her Jacket, and then I really want to get done Lilith (White Dress) for whatever Salute I hope to be going to this year.

Dragon*Con: Tinkerbell (Peter Pan), Cordelia Chase (Angel), Jessica Moore (Supernatural), Red Playboy Bunny, Belle (OuaT), Crystalia Amaquelin Maximoff (The Inhumans), Abigail Brand (X-Men)

NYCC: Kitana (Mortal Kombat 9), Scarlett (GI Jo), TBA

Super Mega Fest: Princess Python (Serpant Society), TBA
ItalianPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #112
junkeemunky
JM

Castiel costume I did for a party, affectionately dubbed “pocket Cas” because I am so damned small.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...assbutt_sm.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...astiel2_sm.jpg

Last edited by junkeemunky : 01-25-2012 at 08:40 PM.
junkeemunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 02:41 AM   #113
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

Dude, if you're pocket Cas, I'm like... thimble sized Cas.

Anyways, since my last post I have:

1. Finished my Castiel costume and worn it to a con with a decent sized group.

2. Pulled together a few various Dean outfits and worn them around my bedroom.

3. Made the most awesome assembly of items in a single ebay shopping cart I have yet to see in order to be the spitting image of a substitute gym coach.

So yeah... I really am excited about Dean from After School Special. Thoroughly expecting to recognized by no one, but that's okay. I'll have tight red shorts and knee high socks. My life will be complete.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Unread 02-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #114
Inuki1

Hey guys. I am thinking of going to the Vancouver supernatural con and looking for some cosplay ideas.

I went through the outfits people have done, and it tends to be Dean/Sam/Ruby/Crowley/etc. so Demon/Angel/Human who usually appear pretty human-ish...

For me, part of what makes the show cool is all the monsters and creatures. Plus I prefer to do things nobody else has done. Was a bit disappointed with so many creatures on the show not to see anybody taking a shot at them. I have a bit of experience with SFX Makeup (ie: my Two Face or Zombie outfits), and am always wiling to learn more.

That being said, the show has an endless beastology of creatures. Any suggestions on what are the most iconic creatures, and the ones I could best pull off? I'm male, 5'8ish, normal build.

Last edited by Inuki1 : 02-04-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Inuki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #115
soraKHdemyx
Trickster

I cosplay Castiel, and I saw a Dean at A-Kon, so walked up to him and stood behind him. When he turned around we were almost touching noses. I was just staring at him, trying not to laugh. And he was totally in character! For the rest of the day we were hanging out with a Sam, Gabriel, and Bobby. It was really fun, and we're planning on meeting up again at San Japan!
I almost scared myself when I looked in the mirror after putting in my contacts. I have dark brown eyes and these blue contacts I bought from pinkyparadise made them REALLY blue. And they were comfortable. So worth the amount I payed. (30+5 ship.)

San Japan: Sinister 6- Gabriel from Supernatural, Wiccan from the Young Avengers, other unknown.
soraKHdemyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #116
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

Dude, you're going to be at San Japan? Awesome sauce, I'm being Cas on most of Saturday (except for when I have to be the Tenth Doctor for panels and such), and Dean all of Sunday.

I was thinking of planning some sort of meetup, but it's hard to when the only response you seem to be getting on the con forums are crickets...

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Unread 06-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #117
KGaleway

Crossposting for maximum SOS.

So, I'm trying to cosplay Bela Talbot, but am having the worst time finding a wig for her. She has kind of a ashy light-medium brown shade of hair. The problem is, I just cannot find a wig of appropriate style in a colour that doesn't look flat or synthetic, like a lot of wigs intended for anime/video game cosplay. IE, the colour is way too warm, or has no tones or highlights.

I've checked Amphigory,and kind of like their 'touchable tease' forever young wig, but they don't have the colour available I'm looking for. I have minimal styling skill and would need to find someone else to do any cutting for me, so I'm trying to find something as close style wise as possible.(I'm doing it ala Bad Day at Black Rock graveyard scene) Also my budget is limited. Since all wigs are a tiny bit of a gamble, I'm really looking for not more than $45 on the wig, including shipping. Help?

Pics:

I'm also considerably paler than Lauren Cohen, so I'm afraid even most medium browns will read more as brunette on me.
KGaleway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #118
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Just thought I'd jump into this thread. -super late to the fandom-

I'm hoping my friend and I will be cosplaying either Dean&Sam or Dean&Castiel (depending on who she chooses when she watches more).

Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to cut our hair like them, so I'm in need of wig recommendations for the trio!

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #119
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightJeran View Post
Just thought I'd jump into this thread. -super late to the fandom-

I'm hoping my friend and I will be cosplaying either Dean&Sam or Dean&Castiel (depending on who she chooses when she watches more).

Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to cut our hair like them, so I'm in need of wig recommendations for the trio!
Dean is really hard to get a wig for. Jensen Ackles's hair is so short that his scalp is exposed in most places, so really I don't know what to tell you. I guess you could use either a Roni or (though I hesitate to recommend a wig seller I've never bought from) Super Short from the wig store here on Coscom and cut the top down. Maybe go for Dean's earlier season hairstyle where his hair was a little bit longer? It's still really hard to achieve with a wig though. If you do end up using Roni, 24BT/18 would probably be the best color to use.

Castiel and Sam, however, I can tell you exactly which wigs are best to use.

Cas, Roni is your best option, the hair is even the slightest bit wavy on the sides like Misha's. The top needs to be trimmed up a bit, but this is the same wig I use, so it definitely works. Depending on your skin tone, 2 or 4 are the best colors.

Sam, I actually use a different wig for than the one that I'm about to recommend, but I really don't like mine and I've actually been wanting to replace it. One of my good friends who is an awesome Sam cosplayer uses this wig, and it really looks great. It's Lulu by Arda-Wigs. The perfect color (Spanish Brown) is unfortunately out of stock, but you could easily get away with Dark Brown, or get a wig in a lighter shade (like Sandy Brown or Warm Light Brown) and dye it to the right color.

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Unread 07-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #120
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo_the_Kazoo View Post
Dean is really hard to get a wig for. Jensen Ackles's hair is so short that his scalp is exposed in most places, so really I don't know what to tell you. I guess you could use either a Roni or (though I hesitate to recommend a wig seller I've never bought from) Super Short from the wig store here on Coscom and cut the top down. Maybe go for Dean's earlier season hairstyle where his hair was a little bit longer? It's still really hard to achieve with a wig though. If you do end up using Roni, 24BT/18 would probably be the best color to use.

Castiel and Sam, however, I can tell you exactly which wigs are best to use.

Cas, Roni is your best option, the hair is even the slightest bit wavy on the sides like Misha's. The top needs to be trimmed up a bit, but this is the same wig I use, so it definitely works. Depending on your skin tone, 2 or 4 are the best colors.

Sam, I actually use a different wig for than the one that I'm about to recommend, but I really don't like mine and I've actually been wanting to replace it. One of my good friends who is an awesome Sam cosplayer uses this wig, and it really looks great. It's Lulu by Arda-Wigs. The perfect color (Spanish Brown) is unfortunately out of stock, but you could easily get away with Dark Brown, or get a wig in a lighter shade (like Sandy Brown or Warm Light Brown) and dye it to the right color.
You... are... A GOD. <3 Thank you! I had one idea for Dean's hair, but Amphigory took it down just recently (they always take down the wigs I need right before I need them!) and I don't even know the name of the wig, and it's tough looking for it. Grrrr, real person short hair is so difficult! I was thinking about getting a super short wig and then just kinda spiking the hair towards the front. Yes, it won't be accurately short, but that's the price I'm gonna pay for keeping my hair.

Also, I've already taken a great liking to gun shopping. There are so many toy guns that could work, and some beautiful person has set up this website that names a lot of the weapons from SPN. Shotguns & glocks & knives, oh my!

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote