Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1182 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #2206
azyryan
one disturbing paradox

are there any reviews in here for arda wigs? I couldn't find it in the directory thing =/
2012:
Dead Master (Black Rock Shooter OVA)
Riku (Kingdom Hearts/Org.XIII)
2011:
Misa Amane (movie)
Nana Osaki
2010:
Misa Amane(closet/halloween costume)
azyryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #2207
RoseHanabira

Quote:
Originally Posted by azyryan View Post
are there any reviews in here for arda wigs? I couldn't find it in the directory thing =/
They are under the Merchant Reviews section of the thread. http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...96#post1765496
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 10:28 PM   #2208
Sirius-chan
Sintra Lover =3

Name of Commissioner: ChaosRose/Kiki

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/209450/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Partial Costume, vest/shrug piece.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...data01_b-1.jpg (see attached pictures to see what I recieved)

Timeline (how long your order took to process): May to Today (September 19th)

Describe your Experience: When I went into agreement with her about making the piece she seemed up for the challenge of it. The price of it wasn't bad at all either (she wasn't making the armor pieces on the back). She kept me up to date on everything including when she was going to start it. Promised it to me by August once she finished her other commissions I was okay with this since it would also allow time for the armor to be painted. As August came she told me that she would start the project once she got her pay check leading me to believe that she spent my deposit on something that wasn't my commission.

I let this slide, soon she sent me pictures of the base and it is a nice piece for the base. That was until she covered in in fabric paint for the details. When she told me she was doing this I cringed at the thought of it, I know fabric paint can look decent on some fabrics but not on a pleather type material. I asked her if she could just do it in fabric. She told me the color didn't match the picture but I could just paint over it if I didn't like it and that she would be sending it off. Shortly after that email it came with not so much as a photo to show me what it looked like. I see why now, the paint looks terrible on it, there are spot where she dripped it at on various places. Plus she drew some random design on the back where the armor detailing is suppose to go. There are some fabric spots back there but she just did something. If I saw this in the photo updated I would have told her no. The strap piece that goes under my bust snap is to far on the inside of the jacket like she randomly placed it somewhere. I'm going to have to remove it and put it back on which will leave holes in the fabric. It could have been a beautiful piece if she paid more attention to the reference picture and didn't coat the base in fabric paint. I don't know if she was stressed out from her other commissions or just wanting to finish in a hurry but con is two weeks away and I have to do something with is to try and fix it when I can't so much as look at it.

Pros: Answers promptly, informative, Does progress photos

Cons: Didn't send progress photos of finished product.

Final Grade: C- (I would go for a D but she did have great communication just hope her other commissionees had more luck)

Tsubaki: Blazblue

Maya: Persona 2

Cons:

Dragon*COn
AWA
Momo

Last edited by Sirius-chan : 09-21-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Sirius-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 10:40 PM   #2209
Aurorae

Name of Commissioner: Arda Wigs
Website/C.com gallery: Arda-wigs.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): One wig, a Ferrari in Pumpkin
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I only have one grainy picture in my gallery of it, will try to take a better one
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Picked it up at a con, so right away!
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

Pros: I picked the wig up at Otakon, so no shipping involved. I didn't know exactly what I wanted, just that I was looking for an orange wig. The girls at the booth were very helpful, and showed me a bunch of different wigs in the color I picked. They even put up with my amazing indecisiveness, which was a plus. They told me a bit about the wig once I picked one, too. I ended up paying in cash but they were taking credit card orders as well, which was nice. My friend was getting a wig from them at the same time, and they let us know which ones weren't heat resistant or blended.

The wig itself is gorgeous. It's a Ferrari in their pumpkin color, which is a very pretty light orange. It's a non-blended wig, but it could have fooled me. The fiber almost seems to shift color slightly in person to give it a blended look. I've never owned a wig longer than my shoulders before so I expected it to be thinner, but it's by far the thickest wig I own. It combs out very nicely, and still looks amazing after me not-so-gently combing some of the curls out. It looks very natural, even under camera flashes, and a color-blind friend actually thought I had simply curled my hair XD It has bangs, but they're long enough to be tucked under or pushed aside to make the wig look bangless if needed.

Cons: None that I can think of, really. The wig did tangle just a little on the underside, but I blame that mostly on myself and the summer weather in Baltimore. It untangled relatively easily, and that was the only part that was tangled at all.

Final Grade: A+. Would definitely buy from them again.
Aurorae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 04:32 AM   #2210
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Name of Commissioner: Arashi1205

Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.com/arashi1205

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Summoner Yuna from FFX

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/395294/
sorry I'll get better pictures soon...

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Month and a half

Pros: The most of the costume is very pretty and looks pretty durable too.
Cons: The sleeves keep falling off, not sure how they are meant to stay on. I will try body glue to keep it on at a con. Also the black part underneat is very thin, I wll mostlikely exchange this with a bikini top.
Comments: Confusing to put on. I swear it needs instructions

Final Grade: A

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #2211
Rukeya

Name of Commissioner: Uniquecreator

Website/C.com gallery
: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/a182032/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Tykki Mikk from D Gray man. I had the hat and the formal jacket commissioned.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: One, Two, Hat (because that's how you count).

Timeline: I gave (first half of) payment on the 15th of May and received the product on the 21st of September.

Pros: Very professional. Asked all the right questions and made sure she had all of the information required before even giving a quote (which I liked). Communication was great. Whenever I had a concern or question,she replied the same day (sometimes within the hour). Her timing was fine; I received the product when she said I'd receive it (a few days early, actually).
I love what I received; very happy with the fit and overall look. The hat is very sturdy and the coat is extremely light weight (both are well made!). I would definitely commission from her again.

Cons: I have no negative remarks.

Rukeya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #2212
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonGirl007 View Post
Are there any reviews here for 399Cosplayshop?
Don't seem to be! Maybe sometime soon ^^

Special thanks to you RoseHanabira for helping field questions ^^

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #2213
tehkukikookie
Uses galaxies as shuriken

Name of Commissioner : JC Punk

Website/C.com gallery : http://stores.ebay.com/jcpunk

Character commissioned and series/video game
: Vocaloid camellia Gumi dress Cosplay Costume +glove+hat

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item : None yet!

Timeline (how long your order took to process)
: Ordered on 09/06/11, delivered on 09/26/11. Not bad, in my opinion.

Pros : Great communication, speedy seamstresses, and quick delivery if you don't cont the wait in customs. It took about two days to get from China here!

Cons : I can't think of a single one.

Comments :I am, honestly, very surprised that it looks EXACTLY like the photos on the advert. The fabric doesn't look cheap, it's fully lined, and it even has a built in petticoat. The gloves look and fit wonderfully and the hat is cute enough to wear on it's own. Over all, very impressed.

Final Grade: A++++++++++

Otakon 2012
Red Dress/SMS Klang Klang, Kida, Micro Klan Klang, Aisha Clan Clan, Ms.Fortune

Toki Wartooth
tehkukikookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 09:32 PM   #2214
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Name of Commissioner : EMO KIDS

Website/C.com gallery : http://shop34176998.taobao.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Wig

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3060797/

Timeline (how long your order took to process) : About a month XD

Pros: Great communication (ordered thru Taobaospree), and very pretty

Cons: I ordered the wrong wig >.>

Comments: Very nice!~ I would order from them again!~ The right wig this time >.>

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 11:58 PM   #2215
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Name of Merchant: Arda Wigs

Item purchased (please include quantity): http://kingdom-arts.org/Jaguar.html (light brown) quality is fantastic. Best wig quality i have so far.

Links to picture(s) of your received item: http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...6/IMAG0325.jpg (sorry its after i styled it. i didnt take a pic before hand)

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About a week

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: They have great communication. i love their politeness. I had asked if this wig actually came in the light brown and they assured me of when they would have that color up..so that was kool lol

Final Grade: A+
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):
-OC (Original Series)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)

WIP
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
-Yui Hirasawa (Attack On K-On!)
-Hanji (Attack On Titan)
-Takamina (AKB0048)
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
-Link (Zelda: OOT)
-Miku (Vocaloid, Galaxy Girls [fan models])

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 04:59 AM   #2216
Viveeh
necrocarnival

Name of Commissioner: JC Punk
Commissioned item: custom shoes
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: link
Timeline: About a week and a half to be made and shipped.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: I got the shoes in the exact size and color I requested, I'm very happy with them. The material is soft and good quality. Very comfortable and pretty shoes. Seller answered my questions quickly and transaction was smooth. I wear size 36-37 shoes, picked these in size 36 and they fit perfectly. Can't come up with any cons. I love them.
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #2217
LockedxxHeart

Name of Commissioner: CosplayMagic
Commissioned item: http://www.cosplaymagic.com/soeablco.html Blair cosplay.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: N/A, will post some as soon as wig arrives, which should be later this week.
Timeline: Ordered it late on September 24th around 10PM, arrived today on September 27th at around 3PM. Fastest shipping EVER!
Pros: Oh my gosh, where do I begin!
First, the shipping. Never before have I experienced such shipping. Less than three days to come to my door all the way from China, AND it was free to ship! Now that's service.
The costume looks exactly like the picture, which is always great. The sizing was accurate as well. I was surprisingly in between a XS and S size, which is a HUGE shocker (and also a bit of a confidence boost!). I ended up going with the Small, and it fit pretty well. I still had some room in it, which was nice. It also meant that there measurements are accurate, another big plus for them.
The part that really blew me away was the hat. Oh my god, this hat is simply amazing. It looks exactly like Blair's hat an the one in the picture. I was worried that the hat was going to come bent, due to the curling wire in Blair's hat. But it was nice and sealed, and the hat popped right up into the proper shape, no damage to the wire at all. And it's a comfortable hat as well. It stretches to accomodate different head sizes, which is good for me since I have a slightly larger head and will be wearing a wig over it, making my head even bigger. But I should have no problem putting the hat over the wig.
Quality is astounding as well, it is a very soft material and it feels nice to wear, not itchy or irritating at all.

Cons: I really have none. The only one I can probably think of is that it is a very high zipper and I need someone to zip it up for me since I can't reach it once it gets to the middle xD. But that is a trivial detail, and the costume is just absolutely perfect, one of my favorites by far.
I will definitely buy from CosplayMagic again in the future!
Final Grade: A+++++
LockedxxHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #2218
poindextress

JDscosplay review

Name of Commissioner: JDcosplay
Website/C.com gallery:http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss111/JDscosplay/
Character commissioned and series/video game: She-Hulk (body suit only)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/aritron/bodysuit.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): From the first e-mail to me receiving my cosplay in the mail, it took ~5 weeks.

Pros: I sent a request to JDscosplay and received a quote within a few hours. It was ~$200 for just the bodysuit, which I first thought was a little expensive... but then I saw the quality of the cosplay's he's made and he was one of the very few commissioners who had experience making bodysuits NOT out of spandex (i hate spandex), so it became reasonable.

I sent my payment 3 days later. He sent me pictures of my finished cosplay three weeks later. I sent my remaining balance 2 days after that and I got my cosplay in the mail two weeks after that. It was very fast shipping considering it was from China.

Considering the short timespan and how thorough he appeared to be, I trusted his work and didn't have much reason to continuously communicate with him. But when we did, JDs was very polite and professional.

Cons: These are just minor things. The measurements were just slightly off. The bodysuit was a little to short for my tallish frame and just slightly baggy in the back, but it's really nothing too noticeable. I'm just a little OCD and prissy, but I still think it looks great on me.

He e-mailed me during the process and asked if I wanted the zippers on the side or the back. I requested the back and he told me that "if i can put zippers on the side, i will do that instead, but if not, then i will stick to the back." so im like... ooookay? maybe he misunderstood, whatever. the side is O.K., too. But when I got the pictures, the zipper was on the front. When I asked about it, he explained that there was already a thick seam on the front that would've been more appropriate for the zipper rather than making another seam on the back. I totally agreed after I saw the end-result (after all, my goal was just to hide the zipper as much as possible), but I still think that making direct changes against a buyer's request should be brought up to the buyer before actually going through with it. just in case they have different reasoning for their request.

Final Grade: A-. I definitely recommend JDscosplay if you are looking for fast, reliable, and quality cosplay service. And I'll definitely be back for my next cosplay!
poindextress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 12:28 AM   #2219
AirVee
Failure at Cosplay...

Name of Merchant: Arda Wigs
Item purchased: Derelicte in Aqua/Silver
Links to picture(s) of your received item: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...5&l=feb1c6fa0a
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...9&l=70db4e9d3c
Timeline (how long your order took to process): 4 days altogether, ordered on monday the 26th and it arrived today the 30th.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

Pros: Um, everything?
I hate keeping communication with people over cosplay stuff, so for everything to go so smoothly without having to ask petty questions was awesome for me. I'd never gotten any wigs from Arda but I've heard nothing but amazing things about them. I have been wanting a split wig in either white and blue or white and purple and the only shops to offer that are Arda and MintyMix. MM however was sold out of their blue so to Arda...
Ordered during their 3000 FB fan sale so I got a little discount from that. I love the texture but I know most people don't like the coarser texture. I'm used to it from the white wig I got from Coser. The clips are extremely curly, I'm a bit scared to tease them. the base wig is spacious and a nice change from the head hugging wigs I usually get. The base seems a little thin in the back but it might just be me.
Awesome wonderful wig! X3
Final Grade:A+
If they ever get a White/Purple split I'm definitely getting it from them!
Alter!Saver (Prototype)
Enkidu (Strange Fake)

AX 2014
Lancer (Prototype)
Shirou Kotomine (Apocrypha)
Archer (Stay Night)
AirVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #2220
Aqua's Rhapsody
FIERCE!

Name of Merchant- Cosplay.com
Website- Cosplay.com
Item purchased (please include quantity)- 1 Black Wig
Links to picture(s) of your received item- Never opened the box
Timeline (how long your order took to process)- Took 5 month to resolve.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

I ordered a wig a few weeks before Otakon from them, so this was around mid July. The next day I found out about a huge wig store in my area, and found a wig that I liked a lot more and that was a lot less money. I e-mailed them and asked them to cancel the order. I believe this was on a Monday. On Saturday, I got an e-mail saying that the wig had been shipped. I called them on Monday to discuss this with them. The girl that I talked to on the phone was kind of nice, but it was really awkward. It seemed like she was some high school girl that they picked up off the street; she didn't really talk very professionally. She told me that just because I was e-mailed on Saturday, that it probably shipped way before that day, and that maybe there was a very small amount of time between when I sent out the e-mail and when I received the shipping email. I told her the tracking number said that it was not mailed out until Thursday, and I tried to cancel it on Monday. She apologized that no one had responded to my e-mail.

I told her that when the wig came I would like a refund, and she said that was fine. She said that when the wig came, they could send me a return label, or email me one to print out. I asked if she could go ahead and do that, because I had no use for the wig. She seemed hesitant to, because the label costs money or something, and she told me they would after I got the wig. Well I received the wig, but I never opened it because I wanted to send it back.
At this point I was a little inconvenienced, but it was not a big deal yet.

I emailed them after Otakon was over and requested the shipping label. Over the next few weeks I e-mailed them probably five times, and from two different e-mails so they could not claim that they did not receive the e-mails from a certain address. I still have not gotten an e-mail response.

I have even started calling them. I left them a polite message last Sunday. I called them during business hours on Wednesday and no one answered, so I left another polite message. Still no response. I called them yesterday and left a very angry (but not rude) voice mail about how this is completely unacceptable. We'll see if they call me this week.

You would assume that the company that runs this website would attempt to do a much better job, but obviously not. Cosplay.com shopping is an absolute joke.

*UPDATE*

It was the beginning of December and they were still not answering the phone or returning my messages, so I complained on their FB page. They told me to message Admin on here, so I did. He refunded the cost of my wig and told me I could keep the wig for free. I told him that I appreciated it, but I asked why this had happened in the first place, and I have not yet heard back from him.

I am so thankful that I got a refund, but I don't really have a use for this wig right now, unless I use it to practice on which is helpful. However, I still don't understand why this happened and it is unacceptable. I am changing my final grade, which was originally an F, but I will never shop with them again.

New Final Grade- D

Last edited by Aqua's Rhapsody : 01-05-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Aqua's Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote