Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 98 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #1066
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I'm trying to put together some casual lolita. The cutsew tutorial is confusing to me. Then I remembered a shirt I got at Wet Seal years ago.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9.../DSCF02372.jpg

Would this work?

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #1067
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

currently trying to finished this skirt (I made all of this this morning). But now I'm stuck with continuing on. I'm not sure if I should add a black ruffle along the bottom, black lace, or just leave it as it is. I'll be making a black blouse to be worn with it.
Unread 09-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #1068
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I'm trying to put together some casual lolita. The cutsew tutorial is confusing to me. Then I remembered a shirt I got at Wet Seal years ago.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9.../DSCF02372.jpg

Would this work?
I think it would be okay. It's not ideal, but the sleeves are cute and I like the button detail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elycium View Post
currently trying to finished this skirt (I made all of this this morning). But now I'm stuck with continuing on. I'm not sure if I should add a black ruffle along the bottom, black lace, or just leave it as it is. I'll be making a black blouse to be worn with it.
Hm...I like it as-is, but I also think a black ruffle would be nice. I'm not really sure which I'd prefer to be honest, it's one of those things I think would look nice either way. Maybe a small black ruffle, just to add a little detail?
Unread 09-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #1069
NiwaNiwa
Is eating your food

my friend has been working on her loli outfit lately~
her skirt looks a whole lot like this:
minus the rose, the ribbons are larger and white/3D and we're working on giving it better lace
(I just despise that gross cotton prairie-lace)
also, the skirt goes up like this ( UUU )
the petticoat i made for her makes her skirt UBER poofy <3! like defy gravity

err i'll work on getting a picture!

planning stage!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...rbfao1_400.gif

If you were a pokemon, I'd choose you baby <3
NiwaNiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #1070
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Another new question: I got new shoes. They are black mary-janes with a cute little rose detail on them, and they're SUPER comfortable (or maybe it's that I haven't bought new shoes in a little over 4 years ^^; ) But they're also black patent, and I was wondering if that kind of unlolitas them.

http://yfrog.com/kkk8pxsfj

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #1071
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

Okay, so I've made progress on my outfit. I have it pictured with the shrug now. The only minor details missing is that the shrug will have a narrow black braid trim around the outer edges, the skirt will have a small black ruffle, and the shirt will obviously have buttons. My question at the moment is, is it too busy with the shrug on it, or do you think that once the black braid and ruffle on the skirt is added, that will be be broken up enough to be okay?
Unread 09-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #1072
Meiki

Whoo lots of things to respond to, so I'm gonna cut the quotes short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiwaNiwa View Post
my friend has been working on her loli outfit lately~
All of that sounds super cute! Definitely post pictures when it's done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodici22 View Post
Another new question: I got new shoes.
Those are super cute! You don't see a lot of patent in brand shoes, but I also don't know of any history of issue with it, so totally go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elycium View Post
Okay, so I've made progress on my outfit.
That looks really lovely! I think once it's got the ruffle and the braid it will definitely balance out, like you said. Plus if you wear black legwear and shoes that will definitely tone down the print as well.
Unread 09-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #1073
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I was browsing through patterns and found this. Would this work for a blouse? The E one is what looks the most lolita to me.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:57 PM   #1074
Meiki

Quote:
I was browsing through patterns and found this. Would this work for a blouse? The E one is what looks the most lolita to me.
I think it would work! The sleeves could be a little poofier or long, but the ruffles are super cute!
Unread 10-02-2011, 02:51 AM   #1075
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiki View Post
I think it would work! The sleeves could be a little poofier or long, but the ruffles are super cute!
That's what I was thinking. I might draft a separate pattern for the sleeves based on my Anna House blouse.

Unread 10-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #1076
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Some new patterns have been released and I see another one that I think could work for a blouse. I think the sleeves are better on this one but as a newbie I want to ask for second opinions.

Unread 10-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #1077
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

Sooooo...

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I thought I'd post here.

I know, I know, I knooooow that buying Lolita items on eBay is a big no-no, but I can't seem to find these shoes for a decent price ANYWHERE! Has anyone bought Lolita shoes on eBay before? I feel like it's easy to make a cheap dress, but how can you make cheap shoes? Right? Please help! *flails about*

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE
Karitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #1078
Meiki

Quote:
Some new patterns have been released and I see another one that I think could work for a blouse. I think the sleeves are better on this one but as a newbie I want to ask for second opinions.
That one looks cute! The sleeves are much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karitsa View Post
Sooooo...

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I thought I'd post here.

I know, I know, I knooooow that buying Lolita items on eBay is a big no-no, but I can't seem to find these shoes for a decent price ANYWHERE! Has anyone bought Lolita shoes on eBay before? I feel like it's easy to make a cheap dress, but how can you make cheap shoes? Right? Please help! *flails about*
I've never heard of that particular ebay shop, but these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/babydoll-lol...#ht_3220wt_813 look the exact same, and ling-lam has a pretty good reputation.
Unread 10-18-2011, 06:49 PM   #1079
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiki View Post
I've never heard of that particular ebay shop, but these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/babydoll-lol...#ht_3220wt_813 look the exact same, and ling-lam has a pretty good reputation.
That's great! Thanks so much!!

Has anyone here ordered from them before? I'd like to read someone's personal experience.

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE
Karitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 03:03 AM   #1080
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

I'm back with more questions.
So I was shopping today and found this adorable little dress for $16. I was wondering what you thought of it.

(Pardon the awkward "standing on a chair" shots. I've moved and no longer have access to a full length mirror)
(Also, ignore the fact that it's too tight in the waist. Sorry about that!)

Picture one and Picture two
I'm a little concerned about the shape of the bodice, with the high neckline. Is that acceptable?

I don't know if it's technically vintage, but it's old enough that I would like to avoid any major "cut it apart and resew" kinds of modifications.

The same store also had this Bodyline skirt, but I think it's just too busy with the stripes and the polkadots, so I passed.

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.

Last edited by Bodici22 : 10-21-2011 at 03:07 AM.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote