Our cloud service provider for hosting images and other static files is currently experiencing DNS issues, which is affecting a large number of websites. It should be fixed shortly. Until then, the website may be slow and images may load intermittently.
Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Dynasty Warriors

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 60 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 10-01-2011, 01:42 AM   #2026
dragunov23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
I have to get my butt into gear because I've only got until April to get him done. My little Ma duo has suddenly turned into a massive Shu group! I can't wait!!!
Which con are you planning to debut your DW costume at?
dragunov23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-01-2011, 05:43 AM   #2027
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunov23 View Post
Which con are you planning to debut your DW costume at?
Ahh... it'll be at Supanova on the Gold Coast, Australia. I'm so far away from everyone!
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #2028
dragunov23

Smile

Quote:
Ahh... it'll be at Supanova on the Gold Coast, Australia. I'm so far away from everyone!
Aww...I wish you luck in making your Shu costume. Dynasty Warriors FTW!
Unread 10-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #2029
lovesexnpocky
Add that to the tally!

Quote:
Pocky~! So good to see you back!!! I'm looking forward to seeing your Zhou Yu! If you need any help, just yell out.
I might yell out. I might also lash out at someone. >_> Lucky for me, I have a brother who is about the same body type! *_* I think I am dreading the itty bitty details. After I did Sun Ce from DW5 (NEVER CUTTING THAT INTRICATE AGAIN) I cringe. I do. ;n; The sad thing is, I have gotten so much better since then and I want to redo DW5 but he wanted to do 7. >____> Bah.

Quote:
I have to get my butt into gear because I've only got until April to get him done. My little Ma duo has suddenly turned into a massive Shu group! I can't wait!!!
Somehow I have a feeling you will manage. I have faith in you, anyway, for what it's worth. And it's always a plus with a large group! When I did a massive Inuyasha group last year, we were a walking photo shoot. And a big hit at Starbucks xD

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood!
lovesexnpocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 06:15 AM   #2030
rabit17

Ok,actually i was planning out to do Guan Ping from DW7. I'm currently stuck with a few issues now:

1.to make his dragon-head tingy on his shoulder. I dont know if its a dragon head,or something else.
2.green cloth is not really a popular color in my country D:
3.i bought some green Satin and wanted to try out the dragon designs,but does fabric paint actually smudges out when painted? Has anyone tried that? .3. If so,do you guys recommend any other kind of cloth?
rabit17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #2031
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesexnpocky View Post
I might yell out. I might also lash out at someone. >_> Lucky for me, I have a brother who is about the same body type! *_*
Oh, you're lucky! All my brothers are twice as skinny and twice as tall as me!

Quote:
I think I am dreading the itty bitty details.
That's the part I don't like about 7's designs - they're not as detailed! I guess they're better than 6's, but nowhere near as intricate as 5 and earlier.

Quote:
When I did a massive Inuyasha group last year, we were a walking photo shoot. And a big hit at Starbucks xD
I have a feeling we'll be taking the Shu group down the main street to get lunch. XD Hahahaha, should be fun though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabit17 View Post
1.to make his dragon-head tingy on his shoulder. I dont know if its a dragon head,or something else.
What kind of materials do you have access to? You could mould them in plastic, but it's very expensive (when I moulded my dragons for Ma Chao 5, they cost AU$600 in materials!), Wonderflex is also good, but expensive to import ($50 for the sheet + $50 postage), and your cheapest option would be craft foam - but being the cheapest, it's also the most flimsy.

Quote:
2.green cloth is not really a popular color in my country D:
Import it! There is heaps of Chinese brocade on eBay.

Quote:
3.i bought some green Satin and wanted to try out the dragon designs,but does fabric paint actually smudges out when painted? Has anyone tried that? .3. If so,do you guys recommend any other kind of cloth?
DO NOT USE SATIN FOR DW COSTUMES!!! If you really cannot get a hold of brocade, damask is a good alternative. Satin should be used ONLY for little accents, and never for anything major.
As for painting your dragons, use an acrylic paint and once it has dried, iron it on the hottest setting you can without burning the fabric - that will set the paint and it will not smudge or wash out.
Unread 10-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #2032
rabit17

@Melanie: i only have craftfoams,blue thick foams and clays only.I dont think there is Wonderflex over here

so if thats the case,can i use clay to mould out the details then stick it onto the craftfoam? or just use the hotglue to glue out the details carefully @___@ urghhh im so lost here.
Unread 10-04-2011, 02:43 AM   #2033
Melanie

Quote:
@Melanie: i only have craftfoams,blue thick foams and clays only.I dont think there is Wonderflex over here

so if thats the case,can i use clay to mould out the details then stick it onto the craftfoam? or just use the hotglue to glue out the details carefully @___@ urghhh im so lost here.
Clay is heavy, and has a tendency to crack, so I wouldn't recommend sticking it to foam. Looking at Guan Ping's in-game model, his armour doesn't have a particularly raised design on it, soooo I'd say layer your craft foam up to create the depth.

Draw the design out, and work out which parts of it are raised (and at what heights), and then draw out your layers. If that makes sense?

The dragon I've done on this weapon -> http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2624134/ is made entirely of layers of craft foam. The highest parts are three layers thick, and I wouldn't really like to layer a design any more than that... it starts to make the piece very easy to damage. It also depends on how thick your foam is as to how defined your dragons are going to be.
Unread 10-05-2011, 12:47 AM   #2034
rabit17

Quote:
Clay is heavy, and has a tendency to crack, so I wouldn't recommend sticking it to foam. Looking at Guan Ping's in-game model, his armour doesn't have a particularly raised design on it, soooo I'd say layer your craft foam up to create the depth.

Ahh i see that makes quite alot of sense. Shall try it when i get home today!

The dragon I've done on this weapon -> http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2624134/ is made entirely of layers of craft foam. The highest parts are three layers thick, and I wouldn't really like to layer a design any more than that... it starts to make the piece very easy to damage. It also depends on how thick your foam is as to how defined your dragons are going to be.
0A0 that dragon is seriously made out of craftfoams? I really cant see the "pores" that usual craftfoams have! This is cool.
Unread 10-05-2011, 04:40 AM   #2035
Melanie

Quote:
0A0 that dragon is seriously made out of craftfoams? I really cant see the "pores" that usual craftfoams have! This is cool.
It's got two layers of wood glue to seal it, then six layers of paint, and then three layers of varnish. The pores usually vanish after the second or third layer of paint.
Unread 10-05-2011, 05:53 AM   #2036
rabit17

Quote:
It's got two layers of wood glue to seal it, then six layers of paint, and then three layers of varnish. The pores usually vanish after the second or third layer of paint.
i see. Will try it out when i finish up drawing designs for the shoulder plate!

Thanks alot Melanie *shares cookies*
Unread 10-10-2011, 11:13 PM   #2037
lovesexnpocky
Add that to the tally!

Dear Zhou Yu,

I hate your sleeves.

--pocky

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood!
lovesexnpocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #2038
dragunov23

Quote:
Dear Zhou Yu,

I hate your sleeves.

--pocky
lol, why?
Unread 10-10-2011, 11:32 PM   #2039
Kawaii_Omi
Cloaked Schemer [ VI ]

Just wanted to leave a small note to anyone whom is interested I do have a excellent crafted Xing Cai DW5 cosplay for sale here http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s.../53212/cat/500 as I plan on doing DW6 Zhen Ji next and don't plan on wearing xing Cai again. c:

And~ if any Samurai warriors fans were interested, since I don't think there is a forum for SW. My sister has her Mitsunari coat up for sale http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s.../54218/cat/all

Anime North 2014
Friday: Abbey Bominable (Monster High)
Saturday: Madeline Hatter (Ever After High)
Sunday: Dai Ji (DW7 Alt)

TF Con Canada
Friday:
Saturday: Jazz ( G1)

Niagara Falls Comic Con
Saturday:
Sunday:

Fan Expo
Sunday: Madeline Hatter ( Ever After High)

TF Con US
Friday:
Saturday:

Last edited by Kawaii_Omi : 10-10-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Kawaii_Omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #2040
Melanie

Quote:
Dear Zhou Yu,

I hate your sleeves.

--pocky
I love them! XD They look like the simplest sleeves he's ever had... am I looking at them wrong, though? ^_^;; Yell out if you need help!