Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #46
NeikoRae

@Thia Fayne- The colors are so confusing for Arya's costume >_<
Alot of people seem to be leaning toward the green/ grey pants. Thanks for sharing the pics. Your costume looks great and your friend, tell her the same! Would love to see more if you don't mind sharing

Unread 09-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #47
GlassCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thia Fayne View Post
Hey! It's been a while since I debuted my Arya costume at SDCC but I figured I'd pop in and share some references and stuff because it looks like more people are cosplaying Arya, which is awesome!

To me her pants look like a faded grayish-green color, based off of this image as well as this one (you can see just a little bit of them underneath her paneled training skirt thing at the bottom).

My Arya pants were made of linen which I dyed, here's a picture of my finished costume! It was a bit of a rush job and they turned out a little lighter/greener than I'd have liked, but I plan on fixing that before I wear the costume again ^^

I also wanted to take a second just to shamelessly share a photo of my friend's Sansa cosplay, because she never posts on here, but she's awesome

Sooo excited to see everyone's GoT/ASoIaF costumes! Keep up the good work, everyone! It makes me so happy to see this series getting cosplayed!! :3
Great costumes!! You guys both look fantastic. This is why I love cosplay from live action shows, costumes like yours that look like you walked right off the set.

I agree with you that in the show her pants are just a touch darker and maybe more gray, but not by a ton. One more pass with dye should do it. Man, I love costumes that are so screen-accurate, you can start debating the exact shade of gray-green-brown. So awesome. ;D
Samantha Winchester - Winchester Sisters (Supernatural genderswap) - 100%, adding props
Abaddon - As Time Goes By dress (Supernatural) - 90%
GlassCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #48
GlassCannon

I finally posted info an pics about my Daenerys costume from DragonCon 2011 to my profile, here: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/395475/ I'm more than happy to help out any other Dany costumers, so feel free to throw any questions my way if you want.
Samantha Winchester - Winchester Sisters (Supernatural genderswap) - 100%, adding props
Unread 10-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #49
NeikoRae

@ GlassConnon- Great inside look to your costume and that Game of thrones group looked awsome (a nice number of people seemed to show up) Thanks for sharing

now I have a general question for anyone, game of thrones character related- How do you choose what pose(s) you're going to do if asked for a picture? I was told to google the character and see what comes up more frequently but when I did that all I got were head shots or images of the character in a different costume. I'm still debating if I'm gonna wear the costume but if I do I want to be ready, just in case its recognised ^_^'''
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #50
GlassCannon

Thanks! That group was a ton of fun, and I know at least a couple of them are going to NYCC too. You should check with them on the Facebook GoT costuming group, maybe see if there's a meetup planned for NYCC.

As far as posing, I personally find it much easier if I have a prop of some sort. With the heart, I had a built-in pose of eating the heart, lol. So if you have a sword to go with your Arya costume (Needle or practice sword or anything vaguely sword shaped), you can strike a fighting pose pretty easily. If you have a stuffed wolf, snuggling the side of your face (but still be able to see the camera) into its fur could work. Looking up photos of other Arya costumers can help you get ideas for poses that work, too.

The other thing I find helps me, at least mentally, is rewatching the source material while I'm getting into costume, and trying to think about walking and standing like that character. So when someone asks me for a picture, I'm that much closer to a realistic pose. Arya has a very distinctive feisty personality, and in the show even has a particular way that she walks. The more you feel like you are personifying her attitude, walk, stance, etc, the easier it'll be to pose. (For what it's worth, I don't think it matters if you actually walk or stand like her. If you feel like you walk and stand like her, posing like her will feel more natural, and that naturalness will show in your photos.)

Beyond that, practice in a mirror if you can, and read up on a few basics of cosplay posing -- shoulders back, head up, turn your body slightly towards the camera, etc. And if you can go to a GoT costume meetup, definitely do it! No one will appreciate your costume more or have more fun suggesting poses for you to strike than other GoT costumers.
Unread 10-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #51
NeikoRae

I'll have to keep an eye on that Facebook group (I don't have an account myself) I would love to see someone set up a photoshoot but If not I'll just have to find/ stalk everyone and get their picture. Thanks for letting me know about it.

as for poses, your right, I'll have to marathon the show this weekend to get a better idea for personality, and aside from the sword, I do like the idea with the wolf pup, I was going to carry one around with me anyway but now it will have another use than just sticking its head out of my bag ^_^'' I havn't really been able to find other Arya cosplayers (two/three so far) but as the show gets popular maybe I'll find more.

Thanks so much for the input!
Unread 10-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #52
makotohanabi
Chuu?

For Lyanna, I went with the rose crown, in the Iron Throne photos I'm wearing it. Posed for a few where I'm holding it with a baffled expression on my face. Saturday night I did door duty as Lyanna for the BWB party, and I posed for photos next to the Stark banner we put next to the door.

Had some vague ideas for poses with Robert, Ned, Rhaegar, or Jon, but didn't see any other GoT/ASoIaF costumers at Worldcon.

GlassCannon, thanks for posting the link. Hope I can find some GoT costumers going to Chicon 7 (Worldcon) instead of Dragon con next year.
Unread 10-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #53
NeikoRae

Finally took some pictures in my Arya costume (testing it out to see what last minute things I had to fix) and now I'm not feeling so confident wearing it.

The attached image is before I fixed a few things (like making a new notch in the belt so it wont slip down and trimming the laces around the neck area)
what do you guys think?

(i cut off my head cause I don't take flattering pics which is also part of the problem, my hair's too long and if I wear it a certain way, my (big) ears make me look... elvish.
-the pants are comfy though and I love the wolf plush >_<
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6272.JPG (75.5 KB, 0 views)
Unread 10-10-2011, 10:43 PM   #54
DaniiChan
something clever.

It looks great!! Honestly, you shouldn't have anything to worry about, I know what you look like and know you'll pull of Arya really well. Wear it to NYCC!!! And wear it Sat. Cause I'm wearing Daenerys Sat and we can get pics!
DaniiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #55
NeikoRae

Thanks ^_^ and I will definently wear it saturday lol is it wrong that wearing it makes me want to photobomb some Lannisters? See you Saturday!
Unread 10-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #56
GlassCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeikoRae View Post
Finally took some pictures in my Arya costume (testing it out to see what last minute things I had to fix) and now I'm not feeling so confident wearing it...
I clicked on your picture before I read your whole post, and my first thought was how good the costume looks, down to the loose wisp of brown hair. The only suggestions I would make are the things you've already done -- tightening the belt and cutting the laces a bit shorter. I think it looks really great, honestly, and people will totally recognize you, especially with the sword and the wolf pup.

As far as photobombing the Lannisters, I'd say turn-about is fair play: Jaime photobombs the khalessar. ;D

So jealous of all of you going to NYCC! Have a great time!
Unread 10-12-2011, 12:00 AM   #57
NeikoRae

Thanks, I really hope people recognise it. I'll try to take plenty of pics, for sure! ^_^

*snickers at the photo* Oh Jaime
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #58
GlassCannon

For anyone just getting started on a Dothraki Daenerys costume, I just stumbled across some fabric that could work great for her top: http://www.bblackandsons.com/natural...ric-p-486.html
Unread 10-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #59
NeikoRae

-_- I think I'm going to need to find another event to wear my Arya costume to. None of my pictures came out and only two people took my picture during the con, so I don't really have anything. Hope something comes up, (have to work late night shift on halloween so that's out of the question) otherwise I'll wear it after the first snow fall... cause after all... Winter IS coming ^_^
(there was a small number of GoT cosplayers at NYCC, only got to see about half of them but they were there! )
Unread 10-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #60
A Grue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeikoRae View Post
-_- I think I'm going to need to find another event to wear my Arya costume to. None of my pictures came out and only two people took my picture during the con, so I don't really have anything. Hope something comes up, (have to work late night shift on halloween so that's out of the question) otherwise I'll wear it after the first snow fall... cause after all... Winter IS coming ^_^
(there was a small number of GoT cosplayers at NYCC, only got to see about half of them but they were there! )
Was this you? c:

A Grue is offline   Reply With Quote