Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1436 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-20-2011, 02:59 AM   #2236
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Ah well is sound awkward >.> I don't know if I should post my review for a merchant here and above but er yeah... but here it is:

Merchant: Ihjun2010

Website: http://myworld.ebay.com/lhjun2010/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Items Purchased: 1 of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/250750472203...#ht_2752wt_907

Links to picture(s) of your received item: http://ineedaname9.deviantart.com/#/d4dditq (a bit tangled but I will fix it for when I need it, this is right out of the package.

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About a month

Describe your Experience: The wig is very pretty and soft. It's very long too... the picture from the merchant didn't quite give it justices with the picture. Only con I could see with this is that the free shipping takes about a month, so not the place to order from if you're in a rush.

Final Grade: A
Ineedaname9 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #2237
Akune-chan

Name of Merchant: Charissa Wigs
Website: http://myworld.ebay.com/charissa_kid...id=p4340.l2559
Item purchased (please include quantity): Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler Grell Sutcliffe wig x1 http://www.ebay.com/itm/280705406503...ht_5387wt_1037
Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler Sebastian Michaelis Wig x1
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KUROSHITSUJI...ht_4850wt_1037

Links to picture(s) of your received item(N/a at this time. I'll upload them later)

Timeline (how long your order took to process):
I ordered the Grell Stucliff wig on Oct. 07, 2011 and got it October 15, 2011.
The Sebastian Michaelis wig was bought on October 8, 2011 and received on October 19, 2011.

Describe your Experience.
Grell Stucliffe Wig
Pros: Extremely soft. The color was a deep crimson red and it came slightly styled since some parts of the hair was sticking up here and there. Its about 40" (about 100 cm) but they seem to forget to mention that in their description. It tangles very easily but nothing that a comb cannot fix. The bangs already came cut so all that seems to be needed is to style it to your liking. The bangs are very thick, something that I was afraid of them not being and the back comes in cut like a V shape at the ends. The bangs have a lot of layers and it totally blew my mind since it was the first wig that I ever bought. Over all I have so problems with the wig itself.

Sebastian Michaelis Wig
Pros: The right deep black color that was shown in the photo. It is layered the right way and all you have to do is style it to your liking.

Cons:
Grell Sutcliff wig: I have utterly no complaints! <3

Sebastian Michaelis Wig:
I was a bit disappointed with this wig. The fibers were rougher than the Grell wig, and it was not as soft. It kind of felt like a Halloween/Party City like wig. It had some pieces of hair sticking straight up and it felt like glue, and no matter what I seem to do, they won't smooth down. In the photo these pieces of hair look to be longer yet on my wig they are just small tufts of hair. (I know that the styling is entirely up to me, but according to the website it says that I should take the photo shown as the standard. By that I thought it meant to have similar layers.) It was difficult to actually find the front of the wig since it had no tag. And the wig is NOT as thick as I previously thought. You cannot see the wefts (since the wig wefts are the same color as the wig) but its not thick yet its not thin.

Also I sent an email to Charissa telling them that I bought 2 wigs and I was told that I would get my wig comb even though I did not buy both wigs at the same time, however the promised comb was never received. At least I got my shipping refund.

Final Grade: A-/B+
Considering that this was the first time that I ever bought from Ebay and the first time I bought a wig, I guess my experience is tolerable. Their prices change frequently (like every other week) so sometimes you might get a good deal on their wigs. The seller was very nice to answer all of my questions and communication was quick, though on some days it took a day or more to get back to me. (Sometimes I resent my emails in case they did not go through.) It really got slow after the wigs were shipped.
If I ever decide to buy another wig, I might buy from them again.
Unread 10-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #2238
astronological
Delirious Biznasty

just ... gonna add to arda's rep. o uo

Name of Commissioner : Arda Wigs
Website/C.com gallery : Arda
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) : Well, only one of the wigs were for a character. I bought one Ferrari (Mako Green), one Hansel (Dark Ash Blonde), and Short Bangs (Dark Ash Blonde). The Ferrari is for a humanized BMO (Adventure Time)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item : All I have is a crummy webcam. > u> Maybe I'll take some later.
Timeline (how long your order took to process) : I ordered the Ferrari and Short Bangs on Monday [the 17th], the Hansel on Tuesday [the 18th]. They were both said to be shipped on Tuesday [the 19th], and got here today [the 21st]. So the shipping itself took 2 days, and the whole process took four. That's actually pretty sweet.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. : It was my birthday. So, my parents let me order from Arda as my first-time wig store. > U< I didn't have to/I didn't have the nerve to contact them. I'm extremely glad I didn't need to/my wimpiness wasn't harmful.
So I don't know anything about their customer service. ;;
Pros : (I've only opened the Hansel right now. So I'm reviewing that. I'll probably edit when I open the other envelope.)
Fast shippingggg. [For all of them.]
No shine whatsoever in the fibers.
Lovely color, and it won't look strange with my skin tone.
I've only had one wig before [and it was bought from a costume shop. Decent quality, compared to Arda.] and it was not this easy to manage. Or put on.
So easy to style. I mean, I just muss it up and it can get spikes sticking out. Or
Fun to touch. Ehehehehehehe.
So much fibers! SO MANY.
Maybe I'm just being gentle with this wig or something, but no fibers have fallen or slipped out, yet! The only stray fiber I saw was a yellow one, though there's no yellow in this wig...
editedit I opened up the Ferrari and Short Bangs ! Ferrari is beautiful, really. Curls nicely.
The Short Bangs are really nice. I used those as a test for a flat iron. It's tooootally flat-ironable. C: I'm pretty sure the other wigs are, too.
Cons :
[This is the first time I've ordered a wig, so not really any. just.]
This isn't a complaint, really. Just that in some reviews, they say Arda's really soft. I can vouch for that. But only as much as this kind of fiber will allow. It's a little stiffer than human hair, but with all those pros? I can deal.
Also, my hands feel a little funny after handling and playing with the fibers for while...
The color of the Ferrari is darker than I'd expected and wanted. But whatever, it still will work.
And the Short Bangs are confusing to put on, but I may just be stupid.
this is just my fault but my stupid gogdanged sideburns will not hide no matter how i style this thing
editx2combo So, I've noticed that, in the Ferrari, it's a little thin when you part the bangs down the middle, and the wefting shows. This won't be a problem for me, since I'm doing Saki bangs, but for others, it might.
Final Grade : A+
o uo

my tumblr

Last edited by astronological : 10-23-2011 at 02:40 AM.
astronological is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #2239
hollowchrist
oi, watch it spaceman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronological View Post
just ... gonna add to arda's rep. o uo
Me toooo~

Name of Commissioner : Arda Wigs
Website/C.com gallery : Arda
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) : Chibi in Rose Pink and two Matching pigtail clips
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item :
Timeline (how long your order took to process) : I don't remember the exact dates since it's been a while, buttttttt it didn't take too long. I wasn't on a schedule but I doubt it took much longer than 2 weeks.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. : No comment really. (:
Pros :
It's big enough for my big head even after I accidentally made it smaller via the pigtail stubbings.
Soft. Heat resistant.
Cons :
The onlyy con I have is the color. Some of Arda's photos aren't good for showing the color and because of the lighting... My pic is the same way - in the photo it's the same color as Arda's photo. But I was hoping it was a little more... light pink. It's a little dark but it works fine for me.
Final Grade : A+

super sailor chibi moon -- 85%
late but lucky (madness returns) -- planning

eBay | FaceBook | Marketplace
Add Me!
hollowchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 08:55 AM   #2240
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Conversation and questions are welcome; drama is not.

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #2241
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Maybe it would be a good idea to allow -one- rebuttal post per commission (which could be linked to the reviews index) and no conversation beyond that point?

...sort of like how ebay allows folks to respond to their negative feedback, but not to change it.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 10-24-2011 at 08:27 PM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #2242
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiratsukai View Post
Maybe it would be a good idea to allow -one- rebuttal thread per commission (which could be linked to the reviews index) and no conversation beyond that point?

...sort of like how ebay allows folks to respond to their negative feedback, but not to change it.
I like this idea, very fair.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #2243
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Name of Commissioner : Fan Plus Friend

Website/C.com gallery : http://www.fanplusfriend.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) : Misuzu Kamio summer uniform from Air

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item : [Will post when I find my camera]

Timeline (how long your order took to process) : It took a little over a month for the costume to be completed and shipped to me. Very fast!

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. : About two weeks into the costume making, I realized I needed them to adjust the bust measurements (as a fault on my part, because I didn't quite measure right). They replied and said that wouldn't be a problem, but they said that it might take some extra time. About a week later, I asked what their estimated completion date was (I needed it in time for the fourth of November), and they said they would rush the order and send it to me. I was so surprised and happy, especially since rush making an item is supposed to cost extra, but I didn't have to pay the extra fee!
I got the costume in the mail today, and was very pleasantly surprised. The fabric is so nice (a very high quality, sturdy cotton), and the fit is very good. The fit is a bit wonky in some places, but that's because of my own weird body proportions (large bust, small waist, large hips). The sleeves are a bit large (they're already supposed to be pretty big, but I think they were too big for my liking), but that would be really easy to alter. As for the colors, the dress is great (a very nice, dark black), but the blouse is a little too light for my liking. I asked if they could make it a cream color, but it turned out more off-white. But again, really not a problem. Other than that, they got everything spot-on.

Pros : AMAZING quality, fits nice, very cute, worth the price.

Cons : Blouse color is a little off, fit is a bit weird around the bust area.

Final Grade : A-

(The only reason I'm giving it an A- is because of the blouse color. Everything else is great!)

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #2244
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Name of Commissioner: Rhi

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/46928

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire
costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Cloud Strife Wig.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1.../cloudwig2.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About a month..Maybe less..

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: Good communication at first, then something happened (wont go into detail) and she wasnt repying, but we figured out why and she got it to me in time. Great price and quality. Only thing id change is i would like the side bangs or whatever their called to be longer..but o well

PROS: Too many lol No really though, pretty damn good. reccomended

Cons: nothing bad on her part. But i would like the side bangs longer like i said ^up there^ But i also shoulda told her HOW LONG to actually make them..so yea..My bad

Final Grade: A+
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #2245
bottle

Name of Merchant: Wig-Supplier
Item purchased: Hakurei Reimu wig, Kaito (ML14) wig, CW183 wig
Links to picture(s) of your received item:
Reimu: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28.../snapshot1.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...napshot2-1.jpg
Kaito: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28.../snapshot5.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28.../snapshot6.jpg
Rei/Cirno: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28.../snapshot3.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28.../snapshot4.jpg
Timeline: 15 days from order to arrival.
Pros: Great wigs. Really great. They truly look just as they did in the pictures and have a nice feel to them. The prices were very reasonable (averaged to $15 per wig including shipping). Received delivery confirmation number after contacting them. Shipped next day.
Cons: Didn't receive an e-mail from them - only from Paypal. The wigs may be a little small for someone with a very large head. Ordered 3 wigs, but had to pay the same amount of shipping for each wig (no combined shipping).
Comments: These wigs feel and look great. The Reimu wig really looks like actual hair, and is thick! The Kaito wig has a really nice texture to it. Didn't receive an e-mail from them - only from Paypal. So I made sure they received my order by contacting them. They apologized and supplied me with the delivery confirmation number. A very minor inconvenience. Also, the wigs may be a little small for someone with a very large head. I'm not quite sure, but they seemed smaller than my other wigs - which was good for me because they actually fit snug!
Final Grade: A (this would be A+ but since they didn't contact me first and there was no combined shipping it drops down just a tiny bit.)

Last edited by bottle : 10-28-2011 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Added Pictures
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #2246
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Name of Merchant Arda Wigs

Website http://www.arda-wigs.com/

Item purchased (please include quantity) Lulu wig in lavender ( http://www.arda-wigs.com/ )

Links to picture(s) of your received item (Will post soon when I find my camera!)

Timeline (how long your order took to process) Ordered it, got an email saying it shipped a day or two afterwards, and got it roughly a week later. This was amazing, considering I chose free shipping.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. Oh my God, this wig is gorgeous! It looks so, so natural, even though it's lavender-colored. And the wig is so, SO thick! Beautiful! The fibers aren't what I'd call soft, but the plus side to that is that it feels and looks like real hair. This also helps keep the fibers together if you want to play around with styling a little bit. Not only are there lavender-colored fibers, but there are darker fibers too, creating highlights and lowlights. It's astoundingly beautiful. And I'm also very happy that the wig is made to fit larger head sizes. (Don't worry, you can adjust them to be smaller if you need to.) I am also very pleasantly surprised that the wig looks even better in real life than it did in the website's photos!

Final Grade: A+!

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

Unread 10-29-2011, 12:21 AM   #2247
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Name of Merchant: Cosplay Wigs USA, a.k.a., Gothic Lolita Wigs

Item purchased (please include quantity):
http://cosplaywigsusa.com/cosplay-wi...golden-blonde/ (1 wig bought.)

Links to picture(s) of your received item: (Will post when I find my digital camera.)

Timeline (how long your order took to process): I wanted the wig in a hurry, so I chose the second-fastest shipping method. I got an email a couple hours after purchasing it that it had shipped. A couple days later, it arrived.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. Customer service was appalling. I sent an email asking a question about the wig I wanted, and never got a reply back. Tried their Facebook account, and never got a reply back. Tried Facebooking their representatives, and never got a reply back. To this day, I have not gotten a reply back. Even though it's Halloween season, this is completely inexcusable, and it was really frustrating, considering all the good things that I had heard about their service. The only positive part of the experience was the fast shipping.

Now, onto the wig itself. The wig is pretty, but incredibly thin. The first thing I noticed when getting it out of the package was that you could clearly see the inner lace cap through the hair. I was incredibly upset. I had heard such great things about their wigs being thick, so I readily paid the $33.95 plus $14.00 shipping. I really wish I hadn't. It was just not worth it. What good is a pretty looking wig if you can't wear it without showing off the inner lace cap? The fibers were nice and soft, but the wig as a whole was not good considering the thinness. Very upsetting.

I tried to make do (I was absolutely set on not having to order another wig) and decided to cut the bangs. Eventually, though, I realized it just wasn't going to work, and knew that they wouldn't take it back after I cut it. They probably wouldn't respond to my email anyway. In the end, I decided to order a wig from a different site (Arda). In comparison, the Arda wig is so much thicker. You couldn't get the lace to show if you tried. (But this isn't a review for Arda, so I'll stop right there.)

I was just so, incredibly disappointed, and I don't plan on ordering from them in the future, no matter how many good reviews they might have. It's not worth the risk to me.

Final Grade: D-

The fibers were nice and soft, and the color was great. The wig was just way too thin and customer service was abysmal.

EDIT: After complaining to them about the wig, I got a very fast reply back. Hm. They said that they purposely make that particular wig line thin so as to make it lighter because of the curls. This makes no sense. I got a long curly wig from Arda that's very thick, and it's not heavy at all. I replied back saying that they should put in the product description that those particular wigs are thin on the top, so people know what they're getting into when they spend $33.95+ on a wig. No reply back as of yet.

Last edited by Oniigiri_Basket : 11-02-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Unread 10-30-2011, 11:27 PM   #2248
CrystalBanshee

Name of Commissioner: Hello Cosplay
Commission:
Links to pictures: http://www.hellocosplay.com/renaissa...om-p-3204.html
Timeline: About a month and half, 25 business days.

First let me say I was worried like hell, outfits like these are hard to find and even harder to get made to fit a male so I was worried it was too good to be true. I emailed them and asked all about if they would make it fit a tall skinny guy like me and they said yes. Oh woot! They even offer the option to make you a fitting pettie coat which just made this so cool.

So I wait 25 business days since I ordered during the Halloween rush and a get an email saying it has been shipped. I get home and forgot to check it so I get up late that night and my outfit is already in the states! By the late next day is at my door...I live close to a UPS disturbing airfield so I get shipments quick.

I get it unwrapped and examine the petite coat, it is huge! I mean huge in a good way, it fills out the dress like nothing else. It isn't fancy or thick, but hey it cost 12 bucks, like I have room to complain. The dress...OH MY GOODNESS! The dress is so beautiful I was spinning around with it in my hands. Beautiful crimson cloth, white lace, and white satin, it was so pretty! I slide it on over the petite coat and I look like I am going to the ball. So beautiful.

The arm covers were so comfy, the dress was breathe able, the choker was bit big, but better than tight as hell. I am pretty sure the lace corset front is just for show, but I wasn't wearing my bra to fill it out so I can't say.

You don't need a bra for it! They can make them for guys, I play woman so I use bras to add to the illusion. Over all a wonderful buy!

Now a little side note from a person who buys from China, not everything from China is cheap junk! This is a horrible stereotype! I have ordered other outfits and items from China and they are lasting and it has been years since they were made, so don't think China is cheap stuff. Always do review checks when buy from anywhere. You can get screwed on anything from anywhere in the world, not just China.

Final Grade: A

Now I am off to ball, ta ta!

Costume status:

Subject Delta: 25% done.
CrystalBanshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #2249
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

-Shudder-

I have NOT had good experiences with Hellocosplay. (For one thing, they steal photos from other sites for their costumes. For another, the customer service sucks. For ANOTHER thing, they rarely get anything accurate.) You got lucky. D:

Unread 11-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #2250
Rainbow-Allison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniigiri_Basket View Post
-Shudder-

I have NOT had good experiences with Hellocosplay. (For one thing, they steal photos from other sites for their costumes. For another, the customer service sucks. For ANOTHER thing, they rarely get anything accurate.) You got lucky. D:

Actually I had a wonderful time with them and so did my friend that ordered from them in the same weekend.
I thought their customer service was wonderful and FAST, so I only wondered what happen with you... Was it awhile I go?
Rainbow-Allison is offline   Reply With Quote