Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1069 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-01-2011, 11:34 PM   #2251
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniigiri_Basket View Post
-Shudder-

I have NOT had good experiences with Hellocosplay. (For one thing, they steal photos from other sites for their costumes. For another, the customer service sucks. For ANOTHER thing, they rarely get anything accurate.) You got lucky. D:
while i cant 100% prove they stole the pictures, i can say i highly believe thats true.
i got my keyblade from this ebay store
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kingdom-Hear...em3f07d3 4e4e
and these cloud strife items
armor
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FF7-Cloud-wo... em415a36b08b
sheath
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FF13-Lightni...em41558e f27d

and they look 100% accurate to the pictures. i have them in my photos on here you can see for yourself. there is not one thing different from the pix you see in the ads.
if you looked on hellocosplay before summer hit, they didnt have any of clouds items other then shitty cosplay costumes, and no kingdom key or ultima waepon for KH. after i bought the keyblade i looked on hello cosplay and they used the EXACT SAME PICTURES FROM THIS EBAY SELLERS ADS!!!! not only did they use the product pictures but they actually used the the ENTIRE posts pix. pretty effed up..i for one will NEVER use hellocosplay

EDIT: oh also, they charge WAY more then that ebay seller..
ex: i bought the kingdom key on ebay for $245 incl shipping cost. hellocosplay wants over $400 before shipping..yea bullshit
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)

Last edited by JasonTerror : 11-01-2011 at 11:36 PM.
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2011, 06:18 AM   #2252
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiratsukai View Post
Maybe it would be a good idea to allow -one- rebuttal post per commission (which could be linked to the reviews index) and no conversation beyond that point?

...sort of like how ebay allows folks to respond to their negative feedback, but not to change it.
I like this idea as well, and I'd love to implement it.
Unfortunately, we barely have room near the front of the thread for the actual reviews, so it's going to have to wait until the character limitless thread Admin promised us a while back.
"A while" being over two or three years by this point, unfortunately.

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #2253
Sirius-chan
Sintra Lover =3

Changed the grade for Kawaii Wigs from F to A.

Tsubaki: Blazblue

Maya: Persona 2

Cons:

Dragon*COn
AWA
Momo

Last edited by Sirius-chan : 11-03-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Sirius-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2011, 07:43 AM   #2254
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated~
Unread 11-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #2255
Mr. N
Mr. N.W

Name of Commissioner: StrangeLand Costuming/CapsuleCorp

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.strangelandcostumes.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Ronoue Genji from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni. Item commissioned was a critical component of costume (tuxedo jacket with custom crest on it). Also, I commissioned bow-tie to match handkerchief color.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Tuxedo:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3087835/, Bowtie: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3082931/ , Gallery link is http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/209348/

Timeline (how long your order took to process):

Initial inquiry for quote was May 14th, 2011. Officially contracted and commissioned on May 25th, 2011. Measurements were also sent in with the contract. Multiple e-mails were exchanged on a fairly consistent basis. It must be noted that I went overseas for ~1 month to Taiwan (June 8th, 2011 - July 8th, 2011) during the time that I was commissioning this costume since I was not able to have consistent internet access to maintain communication. Hence, the timeline would probably have been ~1 month shorter if I did not go abroad. In any case, she waited for me to be able to communicate again and possibly did planning on how to approach my item. Communication resumed July 8th, 2011.
Delivery was August 15, 2011 and I was able to monitor the shipping progress thanks to Delivery Confirmation Service. She made sure to keep within in my allocated timeline, with enough time for trying on the actual coat and clearing up any issues; I did inform her of my concerns on issues possibly arising during a discussion of shipping time. She very kindly offered to correct any possible fitting issues on her own time at no extra cost. I kept the jacket for about a week to gauge fitting. I informed her about said fitting issues (both in writing and with images). I sent back the tuxedo around August 23rd/24th, 2011. The adjusted tuxedo jacket returned around the end of August (8/30/2011-9/1/2011). The bow-tie had no major issues at all (on my end or her end). It was easy enough for her to do, and I only sent it back with the tuxedo jacket because there was a slight issue of its velcro coming off.
My original deadline (in the contract) was ~8/20/2011 or earlier to give time for fitting/issue correction. Thus, one might say that my actual deadline was more like 9/5/2011 due to the anime convention that I would be using this costume for was 9/9/2011.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

Pros: I must note that Strange Land Costumes was my VERY FIRST experience in commissioning any sort of costume item. Strange Land Costumes has very much met my own high personal standards about having an accurate and well-done cosplay (since I will not allow myself to cosplay a character if I am unable to do so accurately and in a "high quality" manner). Stace (the owner of Strange Land Costumes) definitely has the qualifications for a professional costume maker (and not just from having awards for her costumes). During the process, our discussion covered the actual material types used, the tones of the colors, and even the type of tuxedo jacket. Pricing was quite competitive compared to other commissioners when I was inquiring about commission quotes (e.g. one wanted $280 including shipping for the jacket to be made of wool like an actual tuxedo jackets, another had the price at $300 including shipping for the jacket to be made of wool). I spent ~$200 with Strange Land Costumes.
It must be noted that I did have the option of having the jacket made from uniform cloth to reduce costs, but my research into this along with my personal experience wearing formal wear determined that wool would be most suitable (especially since many tuxedo jackets are made of wool materials). CapsuleCorp made sure to match my specifications on color tones (particularly the golden One Winged Eagle crest, where we went as far as talking about the specific types of gold colors that I was seeking. She was even able to match the thread with my fabric color choice (Old Gold).). She also matched the color of the bow-tie to my handkerchief (which I did need to mail in since computer screen/printer coloration can differ).

When I actually got the coat, I was quite ecstatic to get it. The jacket felt and looked just like a tuxedo jacket does. The custom crest matched what I was expecting and hoping for. Even when I found that there was a slight fitting issue with the sleeves, I still very much liked it. As mentioned above, she did kindly offered to correct any possible fitting issues on her own time at no extra cost AND she kept her word. When I voiced concerns about the possibility of the repairs appearing "patchy" (since she told me that she would recut the sleeves if she had enough fabric), she clearly explained her approach:
My question: "I am certainly thinking about having the sleeves refitted since I am a little uncertain, but I want to ask one thing: will the sleeves look like they have been refitted (i.e. having sewing lines/markings that show they are made of two/multiple pieces instead of one whole continuous piece or put it into one word: 'patchy')?"
Her response: "Good news! I do have just enough fabric to recut the sleeves. If I hadn't been able to do that, I would have been able to fix the other ones without patching anything together - the secret is in that little flap that the buttons are sewn onto. By eliminating that flap and simply sewing the buttons on the sleeves directly, I could have let them out just enough."
I could probably keep going on, but the pro section would probably be too long if I did. ^_^

Cons: I cannot think of any at the top of my head. Does being a top-notch commissioner count as a con?

Comments: Reference pictures are always a plus for ANY commissioner. I believe that part of the reason that I received such an excellent item was due to my providing MULTIPLE reference pictures, allowing Capsulecorp to accurately create my item.

Final Grade: A+ (A++ if I was allowed to enter such a grade). I most certainly would commission her again for another item. She has immediately made my list of commissioners to consider first for any future commissions.
Unread 11-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #2256
dizzylizzy
I sew things

MERCHANT REVIEW

Name of Merchant Cosworx/Cosplay.com
Item purchased (please include quantity): Several Wefts/Wig
Links to picture(s) of your received item: NONE
Timeline (how long your order took to process) September 5th-now

Pros: What pros?

Cons: I've ordered wigs from them for YEARS and never have had this issue. No items received. I have been trying to contact them for months. Emails/phone. After labeling one email "final notice," I got a response about how something was out of stock and did realise I never was sent the other products. Fine, I'm easygoing. I get a refund in Oct 12th for the out of stock item. I emailed them a few days later asking for an update. I email AGAIN and still have received nothing. It was looking hopeful with the refund and someone contacting me, so I never filed the Paypal dispute and now..... I can't. I can only hope me hounding them will resolve the issue.

It's a good thing I didn't NEED these items. If they were for commissions, I would have been severely livid.

From now on, EpicCosplay is where I'm going for everything. Long time customer for Cosworx no more.

Final Grade: E

UPDATE 11/29/11 I received my order yesterday. I upgraded this review to an E instead of an F. Sorry, but after having to do so much work and not getting any sort of compensation or acknowledgement, they don't deserve a better grade.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445

Last edited by dizzylizzy : 11-29-2011 at 10:53 PM.
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #2257
Aqua's Rhapsody
FIERCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzylizzy View Post
MERCHANT REVIEW

Name of Merchant Cosworx/Cosplay.com
Item purchased (please include quantity): Several Wefts/Wig
Links to picture(s) of your received item: NONE
Timeline (how long your order took to process) September 5th-now

Pros: What pros?

Cons: I've ordered wigs from them for YEARS and never have had this issue. No items received. I have been trying to contact them for months. Emails/phone. After labeling one email "final notice," I got a response about how something was out of stock and did realise I never was sent the other products. Fine, I'm easygoing. I get a refund in Oct 12th for the out of stock item. I emailed them a few days later asking for an update. I email AGAIN and still have received nothing. It was looking hopeful with the refund and someone contacting me, so I never filed the Paypal dispute and now..... I can't. I can only hope me hounding them will resolve the issue.

It's a good thing I didn't NEED these items. If they were for commissions, I would have been severely livid.

From now on, EpicCosplay is where I'm going for everything. Long time customer for Cosworx no more.

Final Grade: F
Pretty much the same thing that happened to me. I don't know why they think it is acceptable to ignore calls and e-mails from their customers.
Aqua's Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #2258
Lupakara

Hey everyone!

I thought I would write a review for Mooney Couture, so that hopefully people can just find it without having to ask about it.

I commissioned a Princess Azula Season 2 costume from her because I just didn't have enough time to make it myself like I normally do. This was my first commission request!
I had sent out emails asking for quotes to many people, some were slower than others to respond. Mooney Couture was quick to reply, very friendly and offered a few different options to help me get an affordable price. Her's was the lowest price (though not by too much ), and part of that is because I was able to choose cotton for the fabric (the Con was in August!). Mooney Couture was able to deliver on time, as promised. My costume is well made and fits great! I am very pleased with the result! She takes half payment up front (to buy materials) and the other half when done, which I think is very fair.

I would therefore like to recommend Mooney Couture as a great place to order from!

Happy Cosplaying!
Lupakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 04:45 AM   #2259
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupakara View Post
I would therefore like to recommend Mooney Couture as a great place to order from!
If you could follow the layout available in the first post complete with letter grade, I'd be happy to add them to the list ^^

Updated!
Unread 11-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #2260
smoreface

Did Not Recieve

Dancesofshadows

Bought: Dress
Character: Selphie
Was it on time: No unfortunately due to the post office this costume came late.
Date Ordered: Sept. 18th
Date Received: November 18th (the day I was at the convention and was unable to get my costume.)
Pros: The price was very reasonable.
Cons: Due to job schedule and time of year, the communication began to slow down. She did not provide photos as she had made the outfit nor a tracking number when she sent it. Overall I was not entirely pleased throughout this process.

Photos:
Come later

-----------------------------------

Sexualdisgrace

Bought: Wig
Character: Selphie
Was it on time: No
Date Ordered:
Date recieved: November 29th.
Pro: Communication was active, she responded to all of my messages.
Con: The tardiness of my wig, as it came much later when I needed it.

Photos will come later.

Last edited by smoreface : 12-09-2011 at 08:10 PM.
smoreface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #2261
Soul_Siren
Magic is Golden

Name of commissioner: cosplaymandy
Website/C.com gallery: http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/cosplaymandy/
Character prop commissioned and series: Dark Saber's Excalibur from Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
Photo of cosplay prop: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...1/DSCN0988.jpg
Timeline: Commissioned on October 27. Finished prop received on November 25.
Experience: Asked her a ton of questions about production and materials for the cosplay prop, and she was polite and responsive to all of my questions. I had a special request for this sword: it is a long sword, but I needed it to disassemble to fit into my suitcase. She did a wonderful job making the sword so that the hilt and hand guard are removable for travel; you simply have to screw the hilt and hand guard back onto the sword! I am very pleased she was able to make this work; this cosplay would not be the same without the sword!
Final Grade: A
I recommend her for cosplay props, and I would definitely commission future cosplay props from her. The cosplay prop was crafted well and has a nice paint job.
Soul_Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #2262
violetxhill

I will have a review for cos00corp up very soon.
Unread 11-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #2263
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Name of Merchant Koreahomme

Websitehttp://myworld.ebay.com/koreahomme?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1181

Item purchased (please include quantity)Brown spikable wig (supposedly squall -.-")

Links to picture(s) of your received itemhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270812566390&ssPageNam e=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_2482wt_1037

Timeline (how long your order took to process)couple weeks

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
ahem ok heres the fun part..so i messaged the seller before buying as i wanted to ask questions. i asked specificly if itll fit my head (gave sizes). they said yes it wiill fit that size. in fact they said and i quote the message
"Dear jasonterror,

It is suitable for 23 inches, which is elastic and flexible. If it is really not suitable, please let us know. Thanks.

- koreahomme"
yea good to know right. and they even said in their own way that they will try to fix any problems i have. thats where it gets ugly. i mean yea sure the wig is great looking. its beautiful and spikes great without even having to use product. but, and i shoulda seen it coming, it was much too small. as you can see here
so then i told them and provided this same picture. i get this in response (i used a picture cuz i used boxes to indicate the time stamp anf the response. i underlined the time i recieved the message) http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1..._2006/ebay.png
this specifically states i will recieve my refund.i still havent recieved it and its been 2 days, and they also told me to do some email thing and i did and they want me to to do everything all over as if i never did it the first time. its a fucking cycle and these people should burn in hell.

Final Grade: is there something lower then F?
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 10:54 PM   #2264
dizzylizzy
I sew things

KANIRA

I updated my review on cosworx. It is now an E instead of an F.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2011, 08:29 AM   #2265
Chibi Mathilda

Wig from Hello Cosplay

Name of Commissioner:
Hello Cosplay

Website/C.com gallery:
www.hellocosplay.com

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.):
Series: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Character: Chrome Dokuro
Product: Purple Wig

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
What I ordered: http://www.hellocosplay.com/katekyo-...ig-p-2472.html
What I got: (will upload a link to the pictures after I've taken them)

Timeline (how long your order took to process):
- Ordered on Sunday the 20th of November 2011
- Arrived on Thurseday the 1st of December 2011

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:
This was my first time ordering something of the internet and to be honest I was quite scared to do so. I've heard a lot of horror stories about stolen money, goods not arriving or receiving something completely different than what people had ordered. But appearantly I was lucky since the wig did not only arrive quite quickly, it was also exactly what I ordered not to mention it is made of a soft texture, fits perfectly, is comfortable to wear and to put it plainly: everything I hoped it would be.

Pro's: quick service, good communication.

Cons: maybe more expensive than I would have bought it somewhere else although I'm not sure since I can't exactly make an comparrison. One thing that did bug me somewhat was that the wig did not arrive in a box like I thought it would but instead in a plastic bag. Luckily it's a short wig and doesn't seem to tangle but still...

Final Grade:
A - And only because they put the wig in a bag and not like a box like I had hoped otherwise I'll definatly be ordering from them again in the future ^^

Keep smiling... It makes people wonder what you are up to.

- - - - - - - - - -

Cosplays I'm sure I will be doing:
- Gumi (a whole load of different dresses from her ^^)
Chibi Mathilda is offline   Reply With Quote