Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-21-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
emmisu
King of Toast

Wig Shop Review: Koreahomme on eBay

Name of Product: Macross Frontier Cosplay wig Klan Klan Long blue
Where Purchased: Japan Anime Cosplay Shop
Product Description: 3 Piece blue wig with ponytails that reach to my knees!
Seller Images:
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1281276551
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1281276560
My Images (Please ignore my Derp face):
With pigtails, bangs cut)
Without pigtails, bangs not styled yet

Pros:
Great communication, they messaged me when it got sent, a tracking number and an estimated time of arrival. The wig got here the first day of the estimate (The sent it June 12, it was projected to arrive between June 17-24 and got here on the 17th)
The wig itself is BEAUTIFUL. It's gorgeous, untangled, came in nice netting, the most perfect color I've seen and it was unstyled so I was able to cut the bangs myself to the proper length on my face. The material is soft and smooth and shiny, easy to brush and it held the spiking glue I used on the bangs really nicely without getting hard and un-brushable.

Cons:
I had to sign for it, so since I wasn't some it got stuck in Post Office Purgatory until monday the 20th D;
Unstyled is a two-way street, I am scared to cut into the pigtails to make it accurate, some of the pieces are already shorter so I will probably just use those.
As with any long wig, keeping it untangled will be a chore, so I braided the pigtails for now.

Overall Rating: 10 - Got here on time, seller shipped fast, the wig is beautiful I have no complaints.

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)

Last edited by emmisu : 06-21-2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: The images were too big D;
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-22-2011, 01:10 AM   #2
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Do you think you could possibly take a photo of the pigtails themselves alone (like how much of the 'shorter' hair there is if any)? I've been eying this wig but I'm fairly certain the photos are stolen from Cospedia's old (now gone from the site) Klan wig, so I wasn't sure how it would come out, and to be honest in your pics the wig doesn't look like the seller photos at all... ^^; It looks like a Miku wig. (But I'm not sure if the color being off is due to your lighting? Is the color accurate IRL?)

Thanks!
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

I'm glad to see a review on Koreahomme, since I've been eyeing their Erio Touwa wig for a few days.

Is it possible to have some photos of the wig in a brighter setting? It's distinctly a blue wig (not green enough to resemble a Miku wig), but it's difficult to compare between your photos and the vendor images when the lighting situations are so different.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #4
emmisu
King of Toast

Sorry, sorry I was in my bathroom .I'll try to get pics up soon! The wig itself wasn't prestyled, some of the hair is shorter like in the photo, but it's more like for a guideline.

It's pretty much like your familiar miku wig, the fibers are extremely nice, the whole thing has a very slightly tealish tint in fluorescent lighting (yellow bulbs, ya know)
But it's very much blue and will be easy to style like the source photos.

I can't really say much about photo theft, but as far as communication and speed goes they were excellent.

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 12:37 AM   #5
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Not really meaning to bump an old thread but this is the only review on them..i want to buy their squall type wig..i was wondering if anyone else bought off them..they seem to have a few bad feedbacks. but they have a lot more positives then not. and it looks like you (OP) had a great experience so would anyone recommend them for sure?

EDIT:
Heres the wig im talking about
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FINAL-FANTAS...53980967641816
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):
-OC (Original Series)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)

WIP
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
-Yui Hirasawa (Attack On K-On!)
-Hanji (Attack On Titan)
-Takamina (AKB0048)
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
-Link (Zelda: OOT)
-Miku (Vocaloid, Galaxy Girls [fan models])

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote