Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Sweden

Unread 11-11-2011, 12:36 AM   #1
iamatmyhouse
Käse

Smile Cosplayers in Uppsala!

Greetings!

I have zero knowledge of Swedish at the moment so please excuse me for using English! (I will take a Swedish language course next semester)
I am a cosplayer from the US and I am planning on studying abroad at the Sveriges lantbruksuniversitet in Uppsala next Fall 2012 (August-January). I am studying biochemistry and will graduate from my university next spring. I would love to get to know more cosplayers in the area and perhaps hang out when I arrive in the country! Wouldn't it be great to know some cosplayers who attend the same university? Plus, I desperately need advice on living in Uppsala (and maybe even a roommate) haha.
Send me a PM and I'll send you my contact info so we can communicate via email/facebook/skype which ever one you'd prefer.

Cheers
iamatmyhouse

Unread 11-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Well, there should be cosplayers in Uppsala... it's a pretty big city afterall...
But Uppcon is held there every year and it's Sweden's biggest con. So if you want to meet cosplayers (and get new friends) I'll highly recommend you going there. It's held 15-17 June next year and the tickets cost 650 kr.. yes, that's kinda expensive. I'm going there for sure, all the way from Finland. Next year will be my third Uppcon.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI ???
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2011, 01:06 AM   #3
iamatmyhouse
Käse

@ Blood_Sword
Unfortunately, I will be back in the states come June but I did get pretty excited when I found out about Uppcon. I'm only staying in Sweden until the middle of January, so basically a semester.
Do you know of any conventions in Stockholm/Uppsala between September and January? I'm still not sure if I want to bring a cosplay with me :O
Unread 11-11-2011, 01:21 AM   #4
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Ow, well, "winter time cons" are not really common here. =/
I'm going myself to Desucon FrostBite that's held 14-15 January, although that one is in Lahti (Finland) and maybe you don't want to travel...

Oh, wait.
http://konventare.se/events/
This site shows coming events in Sweden. It says "Constigt" will be held 6-8 January in Stockholm, it seems to be a tiny con (300 tickets being sold) but maybe it's better than nothing? Tiny cons are often cosy.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI ???
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is online now   Reply With Quote