Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #436
Purified Ace
Ace Pendragon

Oh, wow...Haven't been here in awhile...

I suppose I should still be thinking about that Edward costume, hm?
...I really don't have time or money for much...
(after TN Renfest, I lost my job, and I'm about to lose my car, so must use as much time as possible to find new job >.<)

But, Edward is a definate look into the future...
Purified Ace is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #437
alterationsbyem

After looking at Party Pop, I believe that it might be a good idea to get into it, now I have to completely revamp my entire website, again
Unread 06-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #438
Arielle
part of your world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterationsbyem View Post
After looking at Party Pop, I believe that it might be a good idea to get into it, now I have to completely revamp my entire website, again
So you're looking to start a kids party company then? Good luck to ya! It's a lot of work but it's very rewarding. I believe I have the best job in the entire world! Just make sure you hire professional actors with improv or theater experience and that love children! Any girl can put on a costume, but it's a combination of costume quality, likeness to the character physically (and that includes being able to transform yourself with makeup too! XD), as well as the acting performance (and in my case the singing too!) that convinces the kids you are in fact the character you're portraying. Kids, believe it or not, can sometimes be your toughest critics, and they notice every detail, so make sure everyone is properly trained and will represent well. Always stay in character if you are in costume...other than that, go for it! ^__________^

Anyways, hope my advice helped a little!

Thanks again for all the costume help! Can't tell ya how much I appreciate it!

xoxo
Traci

...aka the mermaid girl...

www.myspace.com/tracijhines
www.youtube.com/TraciJHines
www.youtube.com/TraciHines

~Romans 8:28~
Arielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 01:57 AM   #439
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Hey everyone~
It looks like I might be a regular in this thread soon- last weekend while cosplaying Anastasia, some people told me I would look good as Giselle, so now I'm seriously looking into it.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #440
alterationsbyem

go for it!! I had been the one updating this thread for the longest time, Giselle is so fun to be, you can just act out of this world!
Unread 08-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #441
fairlithium
Bronxy Canadian

Red face

Hey guys!

So I'm actually creating Giselle's wedding dress for my wedding(!) because we're having an awesome Vegas Pirate Wedding and I wanted something I can wear again. But I feel really good about it and got a lot of great information from this thread.

However...

My significant other would like an Edward costume to go with it. I've seen a lot of really nice pictures of Edward cosplayers, but there don't seem to be Edward costuming resources in the same way that there are Giselle resources. I'm having a dickens of a time finding boots, figuring out what the best way to put the gold design on the tunic, etc.

So, I guess it's sort of an open question... Does anybody have any Edward thoughts?
fairlithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #442
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

@em- Thank you for the encouragement- one of the reasons I want to cosplay Giselle is because it's one of those costumes I think I could have a lot of fun in(I can be so in character).

@fairlithium- That is so cool that you're wearing her dress for your wedding. I hope you have your very own "happily ever after" too~
What if you asked some of the Edward cosplayers what they did for their costumes? Sorry, but that's all I can think of =/

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 04:00 AM   #443
fairlithium
Bronxy Canadian

You make a compelling point. I guess I just feel a little awkward messaging people directly, but of course I shouldn't. :-) So I will!
fairlithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #444
alterationsbyem

here are some screen shots of edward
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/p...ily/cap072.jpg
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/p...ily/cap074.jpg
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/p...ily/cap077.jpg

Embroidery would be the best way to go about it, but you could screen print it too, if your brave enough I would tell you to go puffy paint.

Puffy paint is mostly what my giselle was
Unread 09-24-2009, 08:41 AM   #445
ElvenSeamstress

...Don't know if anyone still reads this thread, but firstly, you guys have been SUPER helpful! I'm making the Curtains dress, and have just given up trying to find the perfect fabric. Think I'm gonna go with a teal taffeta and paint on the design...

Just a question- those of you who've made it, did you cut the skirt on the bias? It looks like it is in the film from the way it hangs and then swirls out when she spins, but I wasn't sure.
ElvenSeamstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:55 AM   #446
seawaterwitch

Hi,

I'm interested in Giselle's wedding dress. I want ...really want to make the dress. Thank you for sharing the information. I collected all of your pictures about Giselle's wedding dress. Thank You all *hug all*

I'm still confused about how to make the ruffles though ;P

Pink Princess already help me . Thanks to her I also collecting all of her pictures to study the dress.

If you don't mind, everyone, anyone, can you help me? Thanks before

PS: Do you really need 200 yards for the white satin of Giselle's wedding dress? I read in front Does anyone work with spiral / doughnat pattern for the ruffles?

Sincerely Yours,
Mira
seawaterwitch is offline   Reply With Quote