Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > 한국어 cosplay.com

Unread 11-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
akoto

Just saying hello~ 안녕~

I actually finally decided to sign up here after seeing the article that Seoulist did on cosplaying here in Korea, where they interviewed Pinapplegum. I have been photographing the Comic World events for about a year now and am finally going to start cosplaying as well. ^^ (You can see some of my work here.)

I am an American-Korean (a dual citizen ^^) living in Seoul. I'd really love to be able to cosplay as a group sometime! I actually have a student (we have our own home business) that really wants to cosplay, so we were planning to do something together for now (her mom is way awesome). She's currently deciding between doing Kuroshitsuji or Pandora Hearts.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello for now. Hope to meet some of you soon!
akoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
celery

Welcome! The next Seoul comic world event is inconveniently on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day(December 24-25). If your willing to travel, there's another event at Busan on Dec. 4th.
celery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
Hikaru_Claire
NinjaPandaMasterSummoner

Hello too~ I'm in Seoul and looking for a good photographer I'll be cosplaying for the Korean MMORPG Mabinogi's Kirine.

What will you cosplay?

Hope to see you there~!

(PS, PinappleGum won't make it to that one, I think)
Hikaru_Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
Remeny

Hm... PinappleGum should be, She's suppose to be our Prussia last I heard. I can't wait for this time around <3
Remeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:10 AM   #5
[dOrmOUsE]
WorldCosplayID: dormouse

Anyone tried the studios in Korea before?
There are a few great ones with awesome backgrounds around Seoul and Busan (though I've only been to ones in Seoul XD)
And the cosplay-oriented ones don't cost as much as regular studios (totally YESSSS!!)

If you're looking for photo opportunities, there's also the monthly COSAMO or COSPEACE events where a bunch of cosplayers and photographers meet up at a chosen park (usually the park near the AT center) for a large photo shoot event.

Lol, anyways, I'm going to the December Seoul Comic.
First day as a photographer for a CLAMP X/1999 team - though I'll be wearing Perfect Jersey Distortion Miku - second day as Karakuri Burst Rin with another team
Anyone interesting in meeting up if they're coming?
Of course, I'll be stuck with my teams for most of both days, but if anyone's coming I'll break off from them for a while to try and meet you guys~~

Ooh, and feel free to ask about the studios and photoshoot events, though you should know that the most important thing you need for both is a Naver account;;

Last edited by [dOrmOUsE] : 11-29-2011 at 09:13 AM.
[dOrmOUsE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #6
celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by [dOrmOUsE] View Post
Anyone tried the studios in Korea before?
There are a few great ones with awesome backgrounds around Seoul and Busan (though I've only been to ones in Seoul XD)
And the cosplay-oriented ones don't cost as much as regular studios (totally YESSSS!!)

If you're looking for photo opportunities, there's also the monthly COSAMO or COSPEACE events where a bunch of cosplayers and photographers meet up at a chosen park (usually the park near the AT center) for a large photo shoot event.

Lol, anyways, I'm going to the December Seoul Comic.
First day as a photographer for a CLAMP X/1999 team - though I'll be wearing Perfect Jersey Distortion Miku - second day as Karakuri Burst Rin with another team
Anyone interesting in meeting up if they're coming?
Of course, I'll be stuck with my teams for most of both days, but if anyone's coming I'll break off from them for a while to try and meet you guys~~

Ooh, and feel free to ask about the studios and photoshoot events, though you should know that the most important thing you need for both is a Naver account;;
Cosplay studios? Never tried... but it does sound interesting. I did heard of cosamo, but not cospeace.

I'm not sure If I'll make it to this December one, its on Christmas, so might spend some quality time with family(or I'll only go for 1 day).

Please send me more information regarding studios and events. Thanks!
celery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 10:13 PM   #7
[dOrmOUsE]
WorldCosplayID: dormouse

Err, so far, I know about four studios.
There's Haroomin Studio, CoEm Studio (Press "☆Studio 배경" from the side menu under "코엠 (P&D) Studio" for more backgrounds), Don Studio (Click the places where it says A룸 or C룸 (B Room is closed)) and Velvet Rose Dress Cafe.

As for Cospeace, it's a new group, about an year old (I think...) and their events are kinda sporadic. Think they have one this week or the next, but not sure about the specifics on where and exactly when.
If you know about Cosamo, do you have a Naver account?
It helps if you do...

Last edited by [dOrmOUsE] : 11-29-2011 at 10:47 PM.
[dOrmOUsE] is offline   Reply With Quote