Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 116 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #16
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoNii View Post
the tl;dr version of my life:

Atm, being tested for ADD and minor forms of Autism.. Go me..
One of my best friends is on the Autism spectrum, and she is one of the best people I have ever known. Don't let that label scare you; it doesn't change who you are. :3

Unread 11-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #17
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

:/ Two things:

1. I dislike how my new "Amazing" Graphic Design Teacher is such a bitch, and just...Ugh. Teachers are meant to grade you individually, and take their time to grade each assignment. YET, I've done my assignments and been graded like everyone (even people who didn't do the assignment) as a 70. This Teacher...I don't care if he DID come from Hollywood, you don't give everyone a grade a whole.

2. Underclassmen.....Are so immature in my Liberal Arts class. What makes me question myself though, ALL of them are Black, so...:/ I feel racist for hating them. Even if they ignore the poor teacher, try bribing the teacher to give them a good grade, yell/talk really loudly, try cheating off me...:/ Can I be allowed to be dislike them, WITHOUT being a Racist?
-Metro-con 2015
-AWA 2015

Cosplay List:
-Joker (Black Butler)
-Jack Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
-Julius Monrey (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
-Aura Blackquill (Ace Attorney)
-Inuyasha

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #18
violetxhill

Awesome. I need this.

I did a college history class this trimester and while I did my best I am going to pass with either a 69 or a 70 after getting an 82 on my final exam. The or is in there since I have a 69.92 and I am unsure if it will be rounded up or not. Anyway; I've never gotten this low of a grade. I want to tell my parents now before they get the report card now then just letting them see it; but I'm so scared about what will happen. I'm so disappointed in myself for not even getting a fucking C in a class that I loved so much. I feel like a failure to be quite frank. I'm not doing well in my Chemistry class either; I now have an 80 and with this final exam coming up... I just don't know. These classes have made me cry more than once and are the hardest, most frustrating things I have ever challenged myself in. I thought if I did my best I'd at least get an 85 in both classes... I guess my best wasn't good enough.

Earlier my Dad came in and was like "Your Christmas list is really reasonable, thanks for keeping it cheap." I feel so guilty, I don't deserve to get anything for Christmas, they're going to be so disappointed in me. They almost never tell me they're proud of me unless its my Dad at 1 am when he's had too many beers. I wish they would say it more often; but they never will. I'm a failure who's a shadow of my sister. I'll never be good enough for them and I hate myself for it.
Unread 11-29-2011, 10:36 PM   #19
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Violet. I have been in your shoes, and I can say no grade is worth that much stress. In my last semester of college I nearly dropped out because I was so painfully depressed and frustrated. I stuck with it, and I graduated on time, but had I not sorted out my shit, I would have been at peace with quitting while I was ahead if it meant sparing my sanity.

The point of that story is, though your parents and teachers may make you feel like grades are the best measure of your value, but that is a steaming load of bull. A grade is an intangible, arbitrary number set by someone else, and it often does not account for effort and improvement. It certainly does not define who you are, your value as a person, or what you can accomplish with your life.

To you and anyone else, don't you dare ever feel like grades define you. They don't, and before you know it, nobody will give a damn about how you did in school.
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 10:51 PM   #20
tehkukikookie
Uses galaxies as shuriken

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetxhill View Post
Awesome. I need this.

I did a college history class this trimester and while I did my best I am going to pass with either a 69 or a 70 after getting an 82 on my final exam. The or is in there since I have a 69.92 and I am unsure if it will be rounded up or not. Anyway; I've never gotten this low of a grade. I want to tell my parents now before they get the report card now then just letting them see it; but I'm so scared about what will happen. I'm so disappointed in myself for not even getting a fucking C in a class that I loved so much. I feel like a failure to be quite frank. I'm not doing well in my Chemistry class either; I now have an 80 and with this final exam coming up... I just don't know. These classes have made me cry more than once and are the hardest, most frustrating things I have ever challenged myself in. I thought if I did my best I'd at least get an 85 in both classes... I guess my best wasn't good enough.

Earlier my Dad came in and was like "Your Christmas list is really reasonable, thanks for keeping it cheap." I feel so guilty, I don't deserve to get anything for Christmas, they're going to be so disappointed in me. They almost never tell me they're proud of me unless its my Dad at 1 am when he's had too many beers. I wish they would say it more often; but they never will. I'm a failure who's a shadow of my sister. I'll never be good enough for them and I hate myself for it.
Violet, I really want to gather you up and hug you forever. ;3;

My ranting: I swear, if I catch the person[s] that has been stealing my food in the community fridge, I will punch them in the face. I cannot even fathom why someone would want to eat half eaten pizza slices with the crusts littering the boxes. That's fucking nasty. I have considered spiking it with harmless substances [I'm sure it counts if it's harmless to me] including ex-lax for maximum embarrassment.

Part deux. I am so fucking tired of the fact that I have to use a cane to get around. I think it makes me look ugly, helpless, and approachable. A friend of mine even said that I "look like a completely normal person without it". I hate to take that to heart, but does that mean that I don't without it? I feel as if I was put into a situation where I had to flee, I would not be able to, so I generally live in fear of going to big cities at night without my trusty pocket knife/tazer/pepper spray.

People say shit's not done till it gets better, so I'm waiting on that.

/end venting

Otakon 2012
Red Dress/SMS Klang Klang, Kida, Micro Klan Klang, Aisha Clan Clan, Ms.Fortune

Toki Wartooth
tehkukikookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 02:38 AM   #21
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Project has BARELY started and I feel like I'm already going to do a bunch of the work...

girl who said she would write the proposal backed out so I guess I'm doing it.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #22
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWonderusMary View Post
Underclassmen.....Are so immature in my Liberal Arts class. What makes me question myself though, ALL of them are Black, so...:/ I feel racist for hating them. Even if they ignore the poor teacher, try bribing the teacher to give them a good grade, yell/talk really loudly, try cheating off me...:/ Can I be allowed to be dislike them, WITHOUT being a Racist?
Of course. Poor behavior is poor behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #23
violetxhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_helix View Post
Violet. I have been in your shoes, and I can say no grade is worth that much stress. In my last semester of college I nearly dropped out because I was so painfully depressed and frustrated. I stuck with it, and I graduated on time, but had I not sorted out my shit, I would have been at peace with quitting while I was ahead if it meant sparing my sanity.

The point of that story is, though your parents and teachers may make you feel like grades are the best measure of your value, but that is a steaming load of bull. A grade is an intangible, arbitrary number set by someone else, and it often does not account for effort and improvement. It certainly does not define who you are, your value as a person, or what you can accomplish with your life.

To you and anyone else, don't you dare ever feel like grades define you. They don't, and before you know it, nobody will give a damn about how you did in school.
Thanks for the advice; that really helped calm me down a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehkukikookie View Post
Violet, I really want to gather you up and hug you forever. ;3;
Awww thanks for the thought! <3
Unread 11-30-2011, 11:58 AM   #24
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

My boss is trying to deduct my day off later this week from my wages. The day off I happen to be taking for a funeral. What the actual fuck?

QUICK EDIT - ok, he has realised that he was putting himself in the running for biggest douche in the universe award, and has subsequently offered me a days paid holiday for it.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #25
Ragtime Mouth
Can + Bakery + ??= Profit

I found a new series to watch with my favorite actor, I really like it! Then I found out they just cancelled it after the 2nd season...

that has actually pissed me off quite a bit, but mainly because I wanted to watch something to calm my thoughts and forget and now I only have one episode left to numb my brain. I don't have the mental strength to even vent out the steam of this miserable year. Fucking holidays need to come and go already, all this holiday crap is seriously giving me a migraine, it just reminds me of all the horrible shit that's happened this year instead of being grateful.. I'm grateful all year of what little I have, to hell if someone if going to tell me to "look at the bright side" when I say I freaking hate the holidays. At least it'll be a new year, hopefully a better year.

Last edited by Ragtime Mouth : 11-30-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Ragtime Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #26
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I am not explaining this again cause I've had enough of it for one night.

But, TL;DR of my life,
1. Forever Alone

2. Homophobes are the worst most terrible people on this planet, especially when they're your parents.

3. "You Make Me Want to be a Man" by Utada Hikaru is my theme song for life.

I don't give a fuck what my mother says.

I love her and I am sure as hell going to go see her after I promised.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #27
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy. View Post
I am not explaining this again cause I've had enough of it for one night.

But, TL;DR of my life,
1. Forever Alone

2. Homophobes are the worst most terrible people on this planet, especially when they're your parents.

3. "You Make Me Want to be a Man" by Utada Hikaru is my theme song for life.

I don't give a fuck what my mother says.

I love her and I am sure as hell going to go see her after I promised.
I get the jist of it... *hugs* Don't let anybody make you feel bad for who you are. There will always be people who love and support you, and fuck everyone else. If they can't love you for who you are, then they don't deserve to know you.
Unread 11-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #28
Alyxiane
Turn around. Turn around.

I'm honestly surprised that I got ticked off today when someone told me that she took the Honors course just so she could get the grade and could care less about the subject. :/

^__^
Don't mind my noobness. OTL
Alyxiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #29
mokulen22
The Ducktape Queen

Why does Target have to come to Canada -- I sit at work every day waiting for the mass firing to start as we close all the Zellers stores in Canada. Design teams tend to be the first to go. EEP!
Unread 12-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #30
Lady Marionette
Call me Pixi! :]

‎(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡"sɯɐxǝ ןɐuıɟ"
Lady Marionette is offline   Reply With Quote