Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Original Designs

Unread 11-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
dantesteele

an idea sort of

i noticed how people on forums have their ideas for original characters like halloween town riku and kairi. well im a fan but my main question for a character to bring into kingdom hearts II would be two characters from gungrave Beyond The Grave and Harry McDowell. so i would like to know would this be a horrible cosplay?
dantesteele is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I'll be honest in that I think that's basically, a bad idea. Kingdom Hearts doesn't have anything, at all, to do with gungrave. And I don't see how it could intelligently be worked in (unlike Disney characters or FF7 characters as examples), or how anyone would recognize who you were cosplaying.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
DrowSpiderMonki

I like the idea of crossing over the two genres. It could be possible if you sketch out the parts of the character's costumes that pop and catch the eye and then try to flesh them out in a simular style as Kingdom Hearts II. Maybe find some parts to exaggerate like the characters hair styles (Sorry I have no idea what gungrave Beyond is or what the character s look like) but I've done things like this before and so long as you take the original concept and then influence and tweak the characters you are cosplaying to match and make them fit it should be fun. Another thing to look at is the colors and costumes of Kingdom Hearts II and then compare and contrast the characters they featured in the video game as compared tot heir original character costume design to give you a feel as to what the conversion process may look like for the characters you are looking forward to cosplaying.
DrowSpiderMonki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
dantesteele

thanks

im going to redraw the characters and hopefully my friend Balladbird on livejournal can cosplay Harry mc dowell since he has cosplayed before as manga kimbly i will get ideas that i can use for this thank you
dantesteele is offline   Reply With Quote