Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 686 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #10546
kiggi

here you go beni! these are based on the rmh address:

Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft, # 936
3866 Paxton Ave Ste B
Cincinnati, OH 45209-2367
513-871-0790
3.94 miles away
More Store Information
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft, # 1621
10400 Reading Rd
Evendale, OH 45241-4816
513-733-8501
8.83 miles away
More Store Information
Grand Opening Thu.-Sat., Oct. 13-15
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft, # 2240
10166 Colerain Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45251
513-245-1612
9.70 miles away
More Store Information
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-02-2012, 01:55 AM   #10547
Aurora's Heart

Happy New Year everyone!!!!!

Furie- Great find for Meg. I need to get mine out and get some good pics of it this spring.

Kitsune-I agree that Eilonwy needs more love. I also agree to go with yellow/gold for the ball of light.

Sasha- Loved the Pixie Hollow games.

I finished my Designer Rapunzel in time for my party and I have pics to show. There were a couple fo us that attempted to make the Designer dresses and one who did Gisele's curtain dress. They all turned out nicely.

Rapunzel (me)

Belle and Ariel (they altered the design a little, but it still turned out nice)

Pocahontas (she's the Cosplay area head for the Anime convention I attend. It's easy to see how she got that title. )

Giselle
Unread 01-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #10548
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

ayaasan - Ooh, thank you for the link! Clearly I just fail at internet searches. XD I wish this movie came a bit clearer... Even the DVD is still grainy. Remaster this awesome movie better! *pouts*

Sasha - I can't wait! It's going to be a great group.

I forgot how often they refer to it as a golden bauble! Clearly it is well past time for me to rewatch the movie. XD

Aurora's Heart - I love the bodice on your designer Rapunzel! I need to go look at these designer dolls finally; they seem like they have fantastic designs!

2012! I hope this year treats everyone well, inside and outside of the cosplay world! <3
Friday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (Orlandia); Saturday: Dasha, Ryoko Mitsurugi; Sunday: Zubat (Pokemon Snap panel), Dasha
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #10549
Kairi_Heartless
Does it make sense?

Happy New Year everyone ^o^

I hope you all had wonderful holidays and a good start in 2012. For me I can admit I had. My boyfriend gave me the 'Art of Tangled' book for christmas and now I'm motivated to go on working on my Rapunzel again XD Plus for this year there is at least her princess dress from the end of the movie on my to-do-list (plus making costumes for my boyfriend and his father as Flynn and the king for a big group in summer)
I'm also temped to make one of the concept art dresses from the book ♥♥♥
Unread 01-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #10550
protectorkorii

Why do all these people live in Ohio? Why doesn't anyone ever live in PA with me?

Kiggi- This is the one I'm using for Cinderella. I bought a small curly bun that will attach to the back for the bun. Its also going to double for a Tinkerbell wig! http://www.wigsbymonalisa.com/Elaine_p_3322.html

Aurora's Heart - I LOVE your wig. That's my favorite part of the whole costume. And your makeup. that too. everyone's costumes look beautiful though!

Kairi Heartless - OMG I got the Art of Tangled for Christmas last year and I LOVED it. So many amazing photos! Which concept art dress do you like? I really liked the green one they showed. Also, it sounds like you'll have an awesome cosplay group. I've been waiting for someone to do the king and queen from tangled!

PS: Any of you Ohio people live close enough to the border that you'll be coming out for the Pittsbrugh Comicon by chance?
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #10551
kiggi

i live less than 2 hrs from pittsburgh i think? i live in the cleveland area, even though im not in cleveland... im a bit east.

aurora that turned out great!!!

thanks for the wig link
Unread 01-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #10552
jdoe7

I think besides our intentional friends on here, I am probably the most isolated ha ha. I'm in Utah!

Kairi heartless: I LOVEA art of tangled book!!!! I got about a year and a half ago, and I special ordered it from my work so I got a super good discount on it too I love the painting of her on top of the rooftop of the tower where her hair is blowing in the wind. I want the print of that from disneystore.com so bad!!!
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #10553
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Aurora- i love your punzie cosplay its so pretty!!

omg guys I got a mother gothel doll today! My only criticism of it is that they put her in princess heels instead of her boots! but over all its a fantastic likeness, and it will be a good ref for my costume of her too ^_^
Unread 01-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #10554
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

Hey all.. I've finally got the outfit I need for Alice in Wonderland (Burton / Cartoon style.. ^_^ )

I'm also planning a Disney Kim Possible cosplay, which I've gotten together already.. A small issue, though: I tried researching "Kim Possible" cosplay photos for some good reference pics, but the results always return with 0 photos.. I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this.. It started happening immediately after Cosplay.com updated their search engine.. So I can't see anyone's KP cosplays..

So.. If I make a KP cosplay, then no one will see it if this search issue isn't just happening to my computer alone.. and I'm not going to the help board or staff with this 'cause it's very likely I won't get a reply back.. >.<

Last edited by alice4ck : 01-02-2012 at 01:15 PM.
alice4ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #10555
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

TopHatDown- I wish I was there! That sounds like it would be an amazing store! I guess the weather isn't tooooo bad- it may be cold, but I got to play with snow today. I'm used to and miss Florida's climate though.

kiggi- Oh my goodness! Thank you so much! I was going to try to store locator, but the internet at the RMH is really slow, so I have to go to the hospital. Thanks again for saving me the trouble!

Aurora- Everybody looks great! I take it you went to a masquerade?

korii- If it makes you feel any better, I don't live here buy choice and its only temporary.

alice- Have you tried putting it in as "+Kim +Possible"? I know I've had to use that method to find what I want and it works.
EDIT: Nevermind. It doesn't turn up anything for me. Weird. I tried searching some other things to see if it was just a glitch in the system and got results, but nothing for KP. Have you thought about posting in one of the help forums to see if other members are having that problem or have ideas for have to fix it?

And the more I think about it, the less I feel like making a Snow White costume to visit the kids in. I don't know why though. I have just about all the fabric though and I was thinking of making some other costumes. I might have enough yellow satin/lining to get a good start on Belle and I might use the dark blue velour to make Ariel's corset. Ariel would be fairly easy and I was already planning on making the costume for my sister, so we could share the costume.
For those of you who do work with kids in your costumes, how popular are Belle and Ariel?

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Last edited by Benihime78 : 01-02-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #10556
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

Thanks, Benihime.. I'll give it a shot.. I've tried putting the name in every way possible.. lol.. even the * wildcard doesn't help.. but thanks.
Unread 01-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #10557
protectorkorii

kiggi- Awesome! Well, if you do sometime decide to go to Pittsbrugh Comicon, let me know and we can do a Disney thing together! (yea, my friends arent big into that sadly)

Furie- I didn't even know they made a mother gothel doll! That's pretty sweet.

Beni- hmmm... for me Belle is super popular but no one really seems to care about Ariel. In fact, some kids for me don't even recognize her without a tail! Belle is really popular though.

No cosplay news for me. I'm procrastinating and not working on my Rapunzel wig even though I should....
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #10558
Kairi_Heartless
Does it make sense?

protectorkorii: He said it was some kind of last-minute present since he ordered it maybe a week before christmas XD I love the green one too ♥ Especially since I like green a lot more than pink ^^;
If everything goes by plan we'll have a blonde Rapunzel, Rapunzel and Flynn from the end, king and queen (both the 'normal' version and not the end clothes) and Gothel. Actually we had a 'normal' Flynn too, but there were some problems between some of us and now we're a Flynn short ^^; The mother of the 'normal' Rapunzel will be our queen ^.^

jdoe7: Yeah, I really like this picture too - I didn't have the time to read everything, but at least I was able to look at all those beautiful pictures ♥
Unread 01-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #10559
TopHatDown
wantstomakeallthecosplays

kiggi - Thats so funny. XD I was at that Jo Ann's Tuesday. And then Friday. They didn't have the material I needed for Relly, so she's gotten shuffled back a little bit further, but my friend got the material that she needed for her Rapunzel there. Her princess dress is almost done. I am attempting to drag her in here but she is resisting. XD

And yes! We now have snow. >3 Woot, snowbelt, go!
Unread 01-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #10560
kiggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHatDown View Post
kiggi - Thats so funny. XD I was at that Jo Ann's Tuesday. And then Friday. They didn't have the material I needed for Relly, so she's gotten shuffled back a little bit further, but my friend got the material that she needed for her Rapunzel there. Her princess dress is almost done. I am attempting to drag her in here but she is resisting. XD

And yes! We now have snow. >3 Woot, snowbelt, go!

im there so often! when i was making punzel, my son kept calling it the "punzel store"

this is the fabric i have for it, i cant wait! its in the clearance section
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/100_5682.jpg
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/100_5680.jpg
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/100_5670.jpg

just need to get some under fabric, and start sewing

you're in the snow belt too im guessing! im in bedford

i found this wig, i dont know if i want to go blonde since cinderella isnt blonde... or really. shes more of a strawberry. http://www.voguewigs.com/movie-cinde...stume-wig.html has anyone used it? have any good suggestions for strawberry hair?

protectorkorii- when is it? if it doesnt conflict with work (like ohayocon is) i may be able to go (and if my dh is willing to have a boys weekend)