Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1105 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #10636
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Furie- Thanks! I'm going to talk to the girl who volunteers as Cinderella and see if she would like another princess.

Wonderland- From what I can tell, it looks pretty voluminous, although you might want to put some hairspray in your bangs. I remember doing that for Anastasia where I held them out with the bobby pins and then sprayed them to death.

crystalamaris- Welcome to the thread! I think that its awesome that you're going to be cosplaying from Gargoyles because its so nostalgic for some many people.

FinalFantasy- You look adorable! And I don't think you went overboard with the flowers- you have the right amount~

Roxie- Yay for water shots and for people recognizing your Belle! I've yet to hop in water in Rapunzel(unless you count the bathing suit), even though I'd like to get some shots of her in the river. There's just something about swimming around in long dresses that makes it so much fun.

kiggi- Ooooo...that pleated fabric is so pretty and is making me want to do designer Rapunzel
My sister went on teacups, thunder mountain, and lots of other rides in her Lottie gown without much trouble. Since the hoops are flexible, she could just pick them up and squish them into the seat. Depending on the size of your hoops, you might have to ride alone on some. Her Cinderella wasn't as big, so she didn't have to worry about those things as much. For example, as Cindy, she kept her hoop skirt on for Space Mountain, but had to take it off to ride when she was Lottie.

kojiro- Thanks for the pictures! I really have to talk to my friends to see if they'd be interested. My sister has already expressed an interest in being Candace, so I might do Isabella if I can't get a group.

And since I'm not sure if I'm going to be Snow White, I'm thinking of starting the historical Jasmine design that shoomlah came up with since I already have some of the fabric for it. I have to finish or put away Rose Tyler first though.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Last edited by Benihime78 : 01-09-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #10637
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

My Meg wig has been shipped!! Yay!! Now to wait for it to arrive I'm so excited haha! BUt now I cant find my base dress anywhere!!!! Gaaahhhhh! lol! So I gotta find it so i can actually work on it! I wanna be Meg now haha!

In February I'm gonna start getting stuff in and braid my Punzie wig for March's disney on ice too! I've got so many costumes to make but im currently fighting to get the motivation to do them lol. Yet I want them all finished lol.
Unread 01-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #10638
kojirojames2004
Ho, ho, ho brother...

And Beni, as great minds think alike... Why not have your sister dressed as Candace as a Fireside Girl?
http://phineasandferb.wikia.com/wiki...medCandace.png
Unread 01-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #10639
protectorkorii

Punzie Wig

Ok, so i'm close to finishing my Rapunzel wig when I came up with this issue: down the back or over the shoulder? I'm going to be wearing it for Princess Parties so I want to make sure it won't be in the way (like kids won't pull on it or do something without my noticing and also so I won't step on it) but I also want it to look nice. Which do you think is better?

(Btw please ignore the crappy photoquality and the braiding.)

Rapunzel progess- down by JS Princess Parties, on Flickr

Rapunzel progress over shoulder by JS Princess Parties, on Flickr
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #10640
BlushandBobbins

Hmmm... protectorkorii you might want to wear it over your shoulder. It looks really nice both ways, but since you are wearing it to princess parties it might be better to keep it over your shoulder. This would help to avoid any problems with kids tugging on it or it getting stepped on without you noticing. Don't want it to accidentally slip off it at a party. Also, since you would be wearing it for awhile at parties it might help to relieve some of the weight to avoid headaches.
BlushandBobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #10641
kiggi

beni thanks!!! I was tempted yesterday to put it on and go sit in my car, or some other confined place my hoops are a tad bigget than lottie, but I can adjust them too. so excited to start!

I'm sad, dh won't let me dress up for disney on ice. Ok won't let me is an overstatement. He thinks it isn't a good idea. I think it's great! oh well. I go saturday!!!!!!

*edit* as long as emma (my niece) is wearing a princess dress (and i will buy her one if i need to) and ben is wearing pascal, i can wear punzel!!!!!! dh wont be flynn bec he has to go right to work boo. BUT I GET TO WEAR IT!!!! yay!!!

Last edited by kiggi : 01-09-2012 at 11:26 PM.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #10642
FinalFantasyXKH
Princess Summon Dagger

Now I am getting to wearing the costume comfortably, I'm happy with the costume though. Also working on mom's Gothel costume.

I really REALLY want to wear my costume tomorrow to school! That would be so fun.
Kairi School Uniform from Kingdom Hearts 2:100% done
Kairi zippered dress from Kingdom Hearts 2: 100% done
Garnet/ Dagger jumpsuit from Final Fantasy IX:100% done
Shiki from The World Ends With You: 100% done
Rapunzel from Tangled: 99% done
Padme Amidala White Jumpsuit from Star Wars Attack of the Clones: 50% done

PLANNED COSPLAYS
Kisala's "Light Suit" from Rogue Galaxy

CONVENTIONS
Sacanime Con
Fanime Con
FinalFantasyXKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 04:54 AM   #10643
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Kiggi ~ Ooooh that's REALLY pretty!

FinalFantasy ~ You're rapunzel wig looks GREAT. I love the flowers....you didn't go overboard at all.

Furie ~ D: I hope your meg dress shows up!

ProtectorKorii ~ I'd say over the shoulder. That way you can keep tabs on what it's doing. Like if its down your back someone might mess with it without you knowing or something. plus its kind of out of the way over the shoulder. You just might want to find a way to secure it to your shoulder. Plus it'll relieve some of the weight.

No updates yet. Probably going to work on Designer!Rapunzel Later this week. Hoping to finish my friend Linda with her Jasmine skirt this week too and try to figure out that top. We did find some good jewelry to wear with them and I found a great hair flower that I need to go back and buy. I'm very excited for these. Also still waiting on my wigs for D!Rapunzel to come in. They're coming from china and the URL for the tracking site only works half the time. (its Registerd Mail from china...such a pain.) They should be in this week though! It said by the 13th

QUick edit so I don't double post lol

So just checked the website (the URL worked this time!) and my wigs are officially in the US and through customs! X.x So hopefully I'll have them by friday!

Last edited by LadySasha : 01-10-2012 at 04:57 AM.
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #10644
protectorkorii

BlushandBobbins- Good idea! That's what I was starting to think but I was getting worried because I thought it looked better down the back (I was surprised at how long it was!)

Kiggi- I'm glad you get to dress up! I wish I had some kids who would dress up with me! We're going to see Beauty and the Beast and my mother had promised I could dress up as Belle... but then she decided we were going with another couple and I'm not allowed to dress up anymore.

LadySasha- How would you suggest I secure it to my shoulder? I'd thought of that but could honestly find no way to do it that would leave them in two separate pieces....

Also: I got my Sleeping Beauty wig in the mail!

Aurora Wig by JS Princess Parties, on Flickr
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #10645
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Kiggi- yay for dressing up at disney on ice! I do it every time and its so much fun!

Korii- thats such a shame you cant go as Belle when you go to see beauty and the beast, it makes the whole experience that much more fun. Also for your punzie braid, i'd say over the shoulder.

Sasha- i hope so too I want to dye it already! LOL!
Unread 01-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #10646
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

kojiro- That was actually what we were thinking!

korii- Maybe a hook or velcro? You'd have to have it attach to maybe an undershirt so that the weight of the braid doesn't create a pull on the actual costume. And your Aurora wig is lovely! I love how real the color looks~

Sasha- All your talk of designer dresses makes me want to start on mine!

kiggi, Furie- You two are so lucky to get to dress up for the Disney on Ice performances. I've never been to one, but when I do get my chance, I'd be sure to dress up!

So I talked to the girl who does Cinderella visits and showed her my Rapunzel costume and she was impressed! I'm really excited for when I have a chance to work with the kids.

My deviantArt

Unread 01-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #10647
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

Beni - thanks, your KP costume looks great.. ..I got mine all together.. Just waiting for the weather to warm up some so I can take pics of it outside..

Well.. I also dyed my Rapunzel skirt today and got my navy blue top for my Mulan cosplay - I just need to get a navy blue sheet to make the skirt from and it'll be completed.

..and no, I'm not going with a black hair wig, I'm too fair skinned for dark hair and I don't buy wigs at all.. they're too annoying, expensive at times, and uncomfortable.. I'd rather be inaccurate with the hair then be uncomfortable.. lol.. but the cosplays are coming together...
Unread 01-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #10648
Aurora's Heart

Korii- Love the braid. I've heard of people using large safety pins to secure it over the shoulder, but I'm not sure what that would do to the dress. i also love your Aurora wig. The bangs don't really need much work except to put the curl in on the left side.

Kiggi- Glad you can dress up to Disney On Ice. Honestly, I never thought of doing that before I joined this group.

Alice- Your not the only one who ditches wigs. I have to be carefull with the ones I get as my forhead is sensitive and I have a high forhead so, the wigs are much lower than my hair line. Function over Fashion as they say.

Found this in my Deviant Art watch list and thought you guys might enjoy it. You thought it was hard doing makeup to look like a character, try this. Yes it is reall makeup. (Click on the image to enlarge it)
http://katiealves.deviantart.com/art...F25423771&qo=0

I finally got around to combing out my Rapunzel wig from New Years Eve and it wasn't as easy as I had hoped. It has an entire bottle of detangler on it at the moment and no tangles. I may end up braiding this after all. On the plus side, I checked the site I got it from and they have more. When I get some more money I may buy another one for the braid.
Unread 01-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #10649
kiggi

aurora, i wouldnt have had the guts to either. i would have wistfully looked at those dressed up and wish i could. thank you for giving me the courage to show my inner princess
also aurora, you work @ the disney store right? do you know why they are closing all the retail locations (or by me they are) 2 yrs ago they closed 4, the only 2 left 1 is closing, and i just got the email, and they close in like 2 weeks i was JUST there! like 2 days ago! boo

protector, love the wig! i say over the shoulder, when i wear mine straight, i tie it with a ribbon thru the shoulder strap of the corset to hold the weight off my head when up front...
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 01:03 AM   #10650
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

alice- Thank you and you're welcome!

Aurora- I've seen those and they never get old! That person has some serious patience to do all of those designs on her eyes.

And because I have this nasty habit of coming up with more cosplay ideas that I could ever finish, do any of you know of a way that I could pull off Jim from Treasure Planet? Its not his outfit that gets me, but his hair. Its long on the top, shaved on the sides, and has this little braid in the back. Getting a hair cut is not an option.
I'm thinking that I have two options:
1) A wig with two layer- a short one that gets fluffed out and a longer on that gets pulled back and put into the braid.
2) A short wig that gets fluffed out with a small braided extension at the nape.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg JimHair.JPG (28.0 KB, 0 views)

My deviantArt

Last edited by Benihime78 : 01-11-2012 at 01:08 AM.