Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #48166
Alope
Knowledge addict
 
Alope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 215
Wigwigwigwigwigwigwigwig. 8D
__________________
Nothing is true.
Everything is permitted.
Alope is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #48167
Anmanda
Registered User
 
Anmanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
No, not that one....although I do want to make that one as well.
There's a blue outfit that she wears with Rosette (Rosette in pink) on the box for the DVDs.
YES. GINBAN KALEIDOSCOPE YES. I wanted to cosplay Tazusa, but since I don't skate anymore I don't really see too much of a point in it...D:

Ehh it's okay if I don't cosplay her. I have other plans...
Ahhh fun! I look forward to seeing all of your cosplays!
Oooh, yeah I have a vague image in my head of how that outfit looks like, it was never on the show, was it? Only in the artwork? Or I'm completely retarded, that might be the case too.
OMG YAY someone else knows Ginban Kaleidoscope! Aaaw, I've considered cosplaying her too, but I've too much to do to have time for that, unfortunately :I I have a friend who is into figure skating.. maybe I'll force her to watch the series and make her cosplay Tazusa so I can have pretty pretty pictures >8D
__________________
Facebook WorldCosplay Youtube deviantART Blog
Feel free to add me on any of those sites \OuO/
Anmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #48168
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anmanda View Post
Oooh, yeah I have a vague image in my head of how that outfit looks like, it was never on the show, was it? Only in the artwork? Or I'm completely retarded, that might be the case too.
OMG YAY someone else knows Ginban Kaleidoscope! Aaaw, I've considered cosplaying her too, but I've too much to do to have time for that, unfortunately :I I have a friend who is into figure skating.. maybe I'll force her to watch the series and make her cosplay Tazusa so I can have pretty pretty pictures >8D
I...don't THINK it was actually in the anime...I haven't seen the second half of it in a while so I wouldn't know. XD

Awww that would be so awesome!! Yeah. I remember I made my figure skating friend watch it, and it was really funny because when we did axels she would unconsciously have her arms in the way that Tazusa would hold her little waitress's tray. XD
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #48169
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?
 
Xanarcah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
There's a blue outfit that she wears with Rosette (Rosette in pink) on the box for the DVDs.
I'm late to the party, but AAAAAHHHHH KALEIDO STAR COSPLAY!!! <3

Is this the one you were talking about? I think it's from the OVA.
__________________
Current Projects
- Myaku Toshiya Remake
- Haunted Killer 3epo - Working Version
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #48170
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
I'm late to the party, but AAAAAHHHHH KALEIDO STAR COSPLAY!!! <3

Is this the one you were talking about? I think it's from the OVA.
Yeah it is!
Ahhhhh I kind of remember an OVA.....but.......*goes to look it up*

Edit: Whoa whoa whoa. Clearly I missed an OVA.
Well, when I finish the series, I know what I'm watching.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #48171
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self
 
Eau de Decus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,584
My group loves their props and during Sac-Anime this weekend, we stumbled across an art book that a fellow member noticed and instantly fell in love with the costumes. Now, we had no idea what it was or even what the video game series is about, but we already knew we had to know and had to cosplay from it. So, I've begun hunting down all the Valkyria Chronicles games (apparently that is what it was called) so we may play through them. We've decided to try our hands on our biggest prop yet - a tank. Not just any tank, but a near/life size tank.

We're turning a car (my car), into one of the tanks from the game as a prop. This will probably span an extremely long time, but it will be a testament to our skill and determination. Woo!

Last edited by Eau de Decus : 01-16-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #48172
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?
 
Xanarcah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Yeah it is!
Ahhhhh I kind of remember an OVA.....but.......*goes to look it up*

Edit: Whoa whoa whoa. Clearly I missed an OVA.
Well, when I finish the series, I know what I'm watching.
It's from the OVA, then. The Princess Without A Smile.

As with most Kaleido Star outfits, the DVD/magazine/some other source art is amazing and detailed and in the anime it gets super simplified. .-. Like what they did with Layla's Arabian Nights outfit.

From this to this.

Here is a screencap of Sora and Rosetta in their outfits from The Princess Without A Smile.


EDIT: Yeah, I didn't find out until after I finished the series and Layla's OVA that Rosetta had one too. o: I'm not sure why, I think it was just harder to find or something.
__________________
Current Projects
- Myaku Toshiya Remake
- Haunted Killer 3epo - Working Version
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14

Last edited by Xanarcah : 01-16-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #48173
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium
 
Quinn the Shiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau de Decus View Post
My group loves their props and during Sac-Anime this weekend, we stumbled across an art book that a fellow member noticed and instantly fell in love with the costumes. Now, we had no idea what it was or even what the video game series is about, but we already knew we had to know and had to cosplay from it. So, I've begun hunting down all the Valkyria Chronicles games (apparently that is what it was called) so we may play through them for, we've decided to try our hands on our biggest prop yet - a tank.

We're turning a car (my car), into one of the tanks from the game as a prop. This will probably span an extremely long time, but it will be a testament to our skill and determination. Woo!
I cannot wait for pictures of that! I love Giant props!
__________________
Working on:
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Chuuya Nakahara-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #48174
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self
 
Eau de Decus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
I cannot wait for pictures of that! I love Giant props!
We have a rough idea on how to do it, but we've never attempted something of this caliber so I have no idea what will happen, haha. When things become a little more concrete, I'll probably create a dA section or on here for the progress. Should be interesting. ^_^//
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #48175
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
It's from the OVA, then. The Princess Without A Smile.

As with most Kaleido Star outfits, the DVD/magazine/some other source art is amazing and detailed and in the anime it gets super simplified. .-. Like what they did with Layla's Arabian Nights outfit.

From this to this.

Here is a screencap of Sora and Rosetta in their outfits from The Princess Without A Smile.


EDIT: Yeah, I didn't find out until after I finished the series and Layla's OVA that Rosetta had one too. o: I'm not sure why, I think it was just harder to find or something.
Yeah....well, it's probably easier to animate/less money when it's simpler.
Aw, I can't see the original outfit! D: I really wanna see now....

Oh. Yeah. It's definitely from that. And that's probably the 52nd episode that comes with it since there are only 51, aren't there?
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #48176
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?
 
Xanarcah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Yeah....well, it's probably easier to animate/less money when it's simpler.
Aw, I can't see the original outfit! D: I really wanna see now....

Oh. Yeah. It's definitely from that. And that's probably the 52nd episode that comes with it since there are only 51, aren't there?
Oops, sorry, I didn't see it didn't link properly. D: Here it is again.

And yeah, it's labeled as Ep 52.
__________________
Current Projects
- Myaku Toshiya Remake
- Haunted Killer 3epo - Working Version
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #48177
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
Oops, sorry, I didn't see it didn't link properly. D: Here it is again.

And yeah, it's labeled as Ep 52.
Oh my god, it's so pretty. I wish I were able to pull that off....
Where did you find that? I wanna see more! XD
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #48178
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?
 
Xanarcah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Oh my god, it's so pretty. I wish I were able to pull that off....
Where did you find that? I wanna see more! XD
Google Images~ Because I don't know where else to look either. xD;

That one was hosted on Zerochan, which is why it didn't show up when I linked it the first time.
__________________
Current Projects
- Myaku Toshiya Remake
- Haunted Killer 3epo - Working Version
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #48179
4wheel
Supporter to all Players
 
4wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau de Decus View Post
My group loves their props and during Sac-Anime this weekend, we stumbled across an art book that a fellow member noticed and instantly fell in love with the costumes. Now, we had no idea what it was or even what the video game series is about, but we already knew we had to know and had to cosplay from it. So, I've begun hunting down all the Valkyria Chronicles games (apparently that is what it was called) so we may play through them. We've decided to try our hands on our biggest prop yet - a tank. Not just any tank, but a near/life size tank.

We're turning a car (my car), into one of the tanks from the game as a prop. This will probably span an extremely long time, but it will be a testament to our skill and determination. Woo!
A-are you turning a car into 'the' Edelweiss?! Or just a random Gallian tank? I MUST See this from WIP to final! As a Huge VC fan and as someone whose dreamed of Cosplaying the Shocktrooper class for years, It would make my year to see that!
__________________
Dream Cosplay:
Khezu Z Armor (Monster Hunter Freedom Unite)

Megacon or Metrocon... decisions, decisions.

Skype: mh4wheel
PSN:MH4wheel
4wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #48180
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
Google Images~ Because I don't know where else to look either. xD;

That one was hosted on Zerochan, which is why it didn't show up when I linked it the first time.
They like to do that. D:
I guess I'll just stick with what I have, since I can't find much more than that...
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (1 members and 4 guests)
nanagee
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Copyright 2002-2016 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.