Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 01-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
Shullzy

Prop Poll: Would like some votes on this one...

So... As of right now I'm as indecisive as tenchi muyo on whether to choose the sane girl or the crazy b***h.

I'm currently working on a Morrigan Aensland Cosplay and I have an awesome idea for a prop. I've explained it to someone else who doesn't cosplay and he laughed at me TT___TT.

If anyone has ever played Marvel vs. Capcom and have won a battle with Morrigan or seen her taunt then you know that at times her wings will turn into a flurry of bats and she can sit on them and float. My prop idea was to re-create that.

How you ask? I can't tell you exactly, but it involved using either a bar stool (I'd sit) or a step stool (I'd lay down on my tummy).

I just wanted this prop to be different and something I could make my own and one of a kind. I know carrying a stool with bats on them sounds kinda crazy but hey, people would say dressing up as a video game character is crazy in general so XP.

So please, by show of numbers CHOOSE:

1) Bat Bar Stool

2) Bat Step Stool

3) Just stick with the regular bat wings and shtuff

just put a number down below. Comments and suggestions are welcome!

-Shullzy ^__^
Shullzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

I think this sounds super cool and ive never really seen it done before,
the issue is is the overall weight of having to carry this (im guessing it would be used for both a con and mayb a shoot?)
i would say a lightweight barstool done out of light wood or mayb one of those carts they have at lowes (a smaller version) in which you could stand or lie against the bars so they wouldnt be seen (this would allow for not only a place to sit at con but an easy way to move your prop around

Hope this helps
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
Shullzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by animenerd93 View Post
I think this sounds super cool and ive never really seen it done before,
the issue is is the overall weight of having to carry this (im guessing it would be used for both a con and mayb a shoot?)
i would say a lightweight barstool done out of light wood or mayb one of those carts they have at lowes (a smaller version) in which you could stand or lie against the bars so they wouldnt be seen (this would allow for not only a place to sit at con but an easy way to move your prop around

Hope this helps
Thanks! I was wondering if you by any have a link to what cart from lowes your talking about. I had another person say I should try and make a stool out of PVC piping and just add an acrylic seat. I'm looking into that method but I'm really scared as to how well it will hold up...
Shullzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

i would think that a pvc base wouldnt hold well, the cart i was thinkin of:http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&sugexp=pfwl&tok=Lp_JwxqEaa7UKjWdz3_t hQ&cp=10&gs_id=12&xhr=t&q=flatbed+cart&gs_upl=&bav =on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1600&bih=783&wrapid =tljp1326742733762016&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9522616589908218908&sa=X&ei=1HwUT8L 7LofciAKC1qTMDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CIwBEPICMAE# this is one you could actually buy, i would prob get it a little bigger but they hold really well n you could lean up against the poles to hid them or cover those in the bats too
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #5
TsukasaAmou
Madkazer

I think #1 is the best idea out of your 3