Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photographer's Marketplace

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-12-2011, 12:52 AM   #1
uglyassmofo
fat smelly loser

LENS FOR SALE, CANON 7mm-800mm F1.2 L series IS USM.

Please post if you would like to own an ultra rare GENUINE CANON 7mm-800mm F1.2 L series IS USM lens.
Its however missing the hood but the glass is mint. perfect for anytype of shooting. If you're asking if this is one of those white canon lenses with a red rim, YES IT IS!!!!

post below if your interested.
uglyassmofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
SparrowRayne
Friendship!

Why yes, I am interested. Should I PM you about the price or shall we keep business here? Let me know.

Also, a few questions. Does it need any sort of repair? Any noticeable scratchees and the like that affect the camera's performance at all? Does it fit all Canon cameras? Does it have a stabilizer function as well as Auto-Focus? And last but not least, do you have pictures?

Thank you and please, PM or reply here. <3
SparrowRayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
Surfsama
Noob with a Nikon

Surfsama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!

If I had money ;-;

Copernicus - 5%
Blood Seras - 90%
Bobby Uniform Seras - 5%
Kalashnikitty - Planned

*~Progress~*

ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
TykeJack
envisageu.deviantart.com

Some education for you guys. Canon has only recently started to craft f/1.2 lenses with their 50 mm and 85 mm f/1.2 prime lenses, this technology has not yet made it to their zoom lenses. Their widest aperture zooms are f/2.8, so it will be a long time before they get a zoom lens with that wide of an aperture. Second, if a 7-800 did exist that was usable, it would negate Canon's entire selection of lenses. They have over 30 lenses that cover that zoom range, so why create a lens that would make a photographer never need to buy one of your lenses ever again? Third, if such a lens existed, only a real enthusiast would own it and a real enthusiast knows that it would be an "L" series lens and not 'one of those white ones with a red stripe'.

I know many of you know this original post was a joke, but it's starting to look like some of you don't.
TykeJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
bodatheyoda
Thats right, love me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TykeJack View Post
Some education for you guys. Canon has only recently started to craft f/1.2 lenses with their 50 mm and 85 mm f/1.2 prime lenses, this technology has not yet made it to their zoom lenses. Their widest aperture zooms are f/2.8, so it will be a long time before they get a zoom lens with that wide of an aperture. Second, if a 7-800 did exist that was usable, it would negate Canon's entire selection of lenses. They have over 30 lenses that cover that zoom range, so why create a lens that would make a photographer never need to buy one of your lenses ever again? Third, if such a lens existed, only a real enthusiast would own it and a real enthusiast knows that it would be an "L" series lens and not 'one of those white ones with a red stripe'.

I know many of you know this original post was a joke, but it's starting to look like some of you don't.
QFT

My photography page on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Tk8919Photography
My DA: http://bodatheyoda.deviantart.com/

http://www.501st.com
bodatheyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #7
Surfsama
Noob with a Nikon

I picked one up on E-Bay. Meh, who really needs two kidneys anyway...

Surfsama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #8
brucer007
Bruce Heinsius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TykeJack View Post
Some education for you guys. Canon has only recently started to craft f/1.2 lenses with their 50 mm and 85 mm f/1.2 prime lenses,...
This might be true for EOS auto-focus lenses, but I still have my 50 1.2 FD manual lens from nearly 20 years ago. I have also seen a 50mm lenses that were F .95, or something similar. It might have been a Canon lens from before FD lenses were made.

and yes...this forum must be a fake...No lens like that has ever been mass marketed.
brucer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #9
Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucer007 View Post
This might be true for EOS auto-focus lenses, but I still have my 50 1.2 FD manual lens from nearly 20 years ago. I have also seen a 50mm lenses that were F .95, or something similar. It might have been a Canon lens from before FD lenses were made.

and yes...this forum must be a fake...No lens like that has ever been mass marketed.
Up until 2000 there was an EF 50mm f/1.0l lens in production. The 50mm f/1.2l that is being produced today is supposedly the replacement for that lens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_E...m_f.2F1.0L_USM
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #10
TykeJack
envisageu.deviantart.com

Quote:

Ah yes, I forgot about the 50mm 1.0 which is no longer produced. Either way, it was just to give an idea of the breadth of aperture on today's lenses and how outlandish it would be for a zoom lens like this to exist. Thank you for the corrections.
Unread 01-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #11
brucer007
Bruce Heinsius

@ Tyke: Over 15 years ago, I was at the beach, and I saw a lens that might have been custom-made that was claimed by the owner to be 1000mm focal length with a 1.4 aperture. I looked through it..I was very powerful, and it did seem quite bright. That lens was about 2.5 feet long. It had a large front glass element..I don't recall the diameter...I think these wonder-lenses could exist in very limited exceptions.
Unread 01-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #12
TykeJack
envisageu.deviantart.com

Quote:
@ Tyke: Over 15 years ago, I was at the beach, and I saw a lens that might have been custom-made that was claimed by the owner to be 1000mm focal length with a 1.4 aperture. I looked through it..I was very powerful, and it did seem quite bright. That lens was about 2.5 feet long. It had a large front glass element..I don't recall the diameter...I think these wonder-lenses could exist in very limited exceptions.
That's pretty crazy and awesome someone would make a 1000mm 1.4. I couldn't imagine what he'd need it for unless he was spying on people at night...CREEPY PHOTOG ALERT. Just kidding. I stand corrected, I still believe my initial post serves true as what one could expect to be practical, though there are always obscure exceptions.
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #13
brucer007
Bruce Heinsius

That "1000mm 1.4 wonderlens" I saw is not confirmed about its actual specifications.

Of course there are plenty of practicle applications for such a lens without it being for creepy reasons. I use a 1000mm mirror lens with a fixed 13.5 aperture. It really eats up light. How I wish it could be a more manageble 5.6 or so. I set my camera to around 2000 ISO to get a 1/350 shutter speed. I really must put that monster on a tripod so I can try a shutter speed under 1/200th.

The effect of 1000mm is quite unique.

Unread 01-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #14
Access

Quote:
Of course there are plenty of practicle applications for such a lens without it being for creepy reasons. I use a 1000mm mirror lens with a fixed 13.5 aperture. It really eats up light. How I
Nature photographers also, like the type who shoot birds.
Some will forgo normal lenses and go straight to spotting scopes, aka. 'digiscoping'. Which is a way to get very high magnification at not a lot of expense.

Canon has a 1200mm f/5.6 I believe, but the lens is pretty heavy (40 lbs I think) and very, very, expensive if you can find one at all.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote