Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 01-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
SiggyStardust

2012 -Young Justice (Animated) + Other DCU

(other related DCU, that is. Non-related DCU should probably head over here!)

Hoooboy I am trying everywhere and not having much luck, so hopefully you all might be interested. o w o'

I’m doing a Young Justice (Animated) verse cosplay of Robin/Dick Grayson. (Errhurr… girl Robin, so technically M’gann’s impersonation of them unless I can bind well enough, which I just might be able to do.) I’m looking to set up a group of dedicated cosplayers for the 2012 Dragon*Con. I’m really interested in anyone that shows up in the DCU in general, but it’d be great to get the main YJ Animated group going.

I’ll be practicing my gymnastics and the like for the parade, so that should give you an inkling of the idea as to what I mean by dedicated. Hey, even if you just make a mean costume and can pull it off visually, let me know!

I do ask that you to keep us up to date with your costume progress, and that you do your absolutely best with your costume that you can.

I’m very excited about this and would absolutely love to have a group. Even if you’re not doing Young Justice Animated verse, but DC heroes/villains, please let me know! I’m curious and it’d still be nice to do a meet up.

Thank you for your time and interest!

Tentative List (may be subject to change:)
Robin/Dick Grayson - SiggyStardust
Kid Flash/Wally West - (Unregistered User)
Miss Martian/M'gann M'orzz - blackflame16
Aqualad/Kaldur'ahm - endo500
Artemis - Chasemycat
Zatanna - Unregistered User
Zatanna - tokomo16 (we have two!)

If you see someone cosplaying as a person you'd like to, don't be shy-- we're totally okay with multiples.

Last edited by SiggyStardust : 06-19-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Adding detail. o w o
SiggyStardust is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
blackflame16
Fly awayyy~

I'll be at Dragon*Con wearing Miss Martian!! If you need one for your group I would love to join you guys!!!
Megacon, Metrocon, Dragoncon, Shadocon
Cosplay Plans:
Huntress: DC Comics
Ashe: League of Legends(100%)
Ms Marvel: Marvel Comics
Cosplays for Friends:
Gaius: Fire Emblem Awakening
Shiore: Log Horizon
blackflame16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
SiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflame16 View Post
I'll be at Dragon*Con wearing Miss Martian!! If you need one for your group I would love to join you guys!!!
That would be great! I'd really like that. c: Will you be there/in costume for the whole thing? I'm going to have an alternate costume that I will be wearing at least one of the days. (At least for a little while, I'm more then happy to switch out of it whenever.) And were you interested in being in the parade with us?

As of right now, my costume is still in it's newest stages. I have a custom leather mask on order (should be done by the end of the month!) and black leggings, and I've been keeping up with my gymnastics training. I'll take photos to keep my progress updated. o w o

Last edited by SiggyStardust : 01-15-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Unread 01-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
blackflame16
Fly awayyy~

I'll be there all four days! I was planning on wearing Miss Martian on Saturday for when they have that huge DC meetup... Here's the link http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=257737 And heck yes I'll join you guys for the parade!!

I'm actually making Miss Martian for a con I'm going to next month. I just need to finish the top and cape and I'm waiting for my wig to come in the mail...
Megacon, Metrocon, Dragoncon, Shadocon
Cosplay Plans:
Huntress: DC Comics
Ashe: League of Legends(100%)
Ms Marvel: Marvel Comics
Cosplays for Friends:
Gaius: Fire Emblem Awakening
Shiore: Log Horizon
blackflame16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
SiggyStardust

Ho-leeeeee...

Wow. I've never actually seen one of the big comic meetups. Cool. o w o I'll look into that.

We should probably meetup sometime Friday night, then, so we can make plans? Or would you rather crash out? I almost never want to do anything on Friday, hahaha.... But cool, cool. Very exciting stuff. o w o
Unread 01-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
SiggyStardust

So! Change in the lineup, our Superboy has decided to go as Kid Flash instead, which I'm genuinely excited about. I'll be handling his costume as well and will be keeping progress updated.
Unread 01-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #7
endo500

I love young justice. It is one of my favorite shows on. I have been wanting to do this one for a while as well. If you are still looking for people I would do aqua lad.
endo500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #8
SiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo500 View Post
I love young justice. It is one of my favorite shows on. I have been wanting to do this one for a while as well. If you are still looking for people I would do aqua lad.
Yeah, we're still looking. o w o Can you do a good dedicated cosplay? You don't seem to have much information up on your previous work, though to be fair neither do I, haha. Would you be able to march in the parade, too?
Unread 01-16-2012, 11:17 PM   #9
endo500

Yeah I don't keep a lot of pictures of my previous costumes online or on cosplay.com. I'm weird like that. But I have done a lot of difficult costumes. If you look at my avatar picture ya'll see the angle costume I built for Comic Con last year. Yes I could march the parade. I haven't found another group to do the parade with.
Unread 01-16-2012, 11:54 PM   #10
SiggyStardust

Quote:
Yeah I don't keep a lot of pictures of my previous costumes online or on cosplay.com. I'm weird like that. But I have done a lot of difficult costumes. If you look at my avatar picture ya'll see the angle costume I built for Comic Con last year. Yes I could march the parade. I haven't found another group to do the parade with.
I'd like to have you in the group, but I'd appreciate it if you'd keep us up to date on your costume work (preferably with photos) if that's okay. Everyone else in the group will be doing as much and it'll be nice so we may keep a consistent quality up.

But yeah, I'm totally okay with adding you to the group.
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
endo500

Yeah thats not a problem. But i'm probably not going to start on that costume for a while since it is really simple and over 8 months away. I'll be looking to bang out some of my more time consuming costumes first before I start that one.
Unread 01-18-2012, 02:43 AM   #12
SiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflame16 View Post
Quote:
Psst, you two. Please look into this and let both them and me know if you'll be able to attend the DCU shoot. (Thanks for the link, blackflame. I know you've already looked into them, but I don't know if you were up for that...?)
Unread 01-19-2012, 06:31 AM   #13
endo500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiggyStardust View Post
Psst, you two. Please look into this and let both them and me know if you'll be able to attend the DCU shoot. (Thanks for the link, blackflame. I know you've already looked into them, but I don't know if you were up for that...?)
I would be willing to do it provided we get a full young justice team (Superboy, Artemus, maybe Zatana). Otherwise if can't get a full group I would probably wear my Cyborg Costume and do the New Justice League.

Plus it would be nice to have one of the team trainers like Red Tornado, Batman, or Black Canary
Unread 01-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #14
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

I could probably cameo as Conner for a photoshoot or what not, but cannot commit to the DC gathering or parade. If you want me in I'm game, if not, I understand.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 03:46 AM   #15
SiggyStardust

Quote:
I would be willing to do it provided we get a full young justice team (Superboy, Artemus, maybe Zatana). Otherwise if can't get a full group I would probably wear my Cyborg Costume and do the New Justice League.

Plus it would be nice to have one of the team trainers like Red Tornado, Batman, or Black Canary
Hmm, alright. I'd really like to get a full team going myself, and I don't think it'd be that hard to wrangle one of the trainers. Black Canary and Batman are common cosplays, and I think it wouldn't be too hard to find an accurate one. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
I could probably cameo as Conner for a photoshoot or what not, but cannot commit to the DC gathering or parade. If you want me in I'm game, if not, I understand.
Hmm, it'd be a shame to have a member of the group missing for either of those, but it'd likewise be nice to have a Conner for a photoshoot. I'll put you down tentatively and we can keep in touch and see how things go?