Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #16
alliebeth
Show me your teeth.

I drink Fuze. It comes in two varieties: regular and slenderize. The slenderize has artificial stuff in it, but I don't think the regular does. Check the label though!
[/color][/size]
alliebeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #17
jessicaxx

There's an awesome smoothie drink out called Naked! I'm pretty sure everything in them is all natural, and it comes in tons of flavors.
jessicaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #18
Asa Gohan
Broke College Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiseiseki0284 View Post
Well as far as soda goes there's the following
Izze
Steaz
GUS

All are organic, all have no artificial flavors or sweetners, and all of them are, for soda generally low cal. So long as you're not chugging 5 of them a day, it's a pretty good drink :3 especially if you want a break from "just water'.
Izze in Grapefruit is awesome! ill take that over sprite anyday

Animegacon 2014
Otakon Vegas 2015

Duo Maxwell
Kenshin Himura
Pinkie Pie

Next Cosplay: Louise Belcher!
Asa Gohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #19
K8ri

I know this may sound weird but maybe you should try a different water?
Different waters taste differently, (e.g. I HATE Drinking Water but I like distilled.) or try a different brand voss tastes pretty good too.
Btw: love Izzie. Soooo yummy.
K8ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #20
SeraphicSkitty

One of my professors actual turned me onto a good one that is also incredible cheap:
Fill a thermous with ice, water, and fruit slices. It has almost no calories and just a slight amount of natural sugar from the fruit slices. I like to use lemon and cucumber.
SeraphicSkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #21
UchihaGirl
The Cosplay Mouseketteer

What about seltzer water? It's bubbly like soda, and free of stuff like water. I like raspberry and cherry ones the best.
MegaCon, SWW, MetroCon, AFO, DragonCon, ShadoCon, Holiday Matsuri.

MegaCon Cosplay List

Merle
Giganta
2nd Doctor Aurora
UchihaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #22
Enkai
Spiffy!

Honestly, natural or not, juices are no better for you than soda, because they get rid of all the good fiber and things that come with fruit. They're just as high in sugar, it just happens to be "natural." Smoothies are better nutritionally, but they're extremely calorie dense, an awfully huge amount of calories to pack into something that's to help you with lunch. One 20oz smoothie could easily be the number of calories you need for an entire meal.

My suggestion is to go with tea (I agree that loose leaf is much more flavorful), or take the suggestion somebody said about putting fruit slices in water and taking that to work. Cucumber's also a good one for that trick. The amount of sugar's much more tolerable (and when you're done with the water, you can eat the fruit). Coconut water's not a bad option either for something that's lower calorie, although it obviously has more than the other options.

Another option: Milk. Not the lowest calorie option, and I know a lot of people don't like drinking it, plus if you're vegan or have a dairy problem (in which case, soy milk?) that may not work, but it's an option. And assuming you're female, it's not a bad idea to drink more of it now; the calcium present will help prevent the bone density problems that plague many of us later in life.

Next Events
Minna no Anime Halloween Party
Anime Los Angeles 2013
Animation on Display 2013
Enkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #23
alisia lycide

Does anyone know if Mio has any artificial flavors in it? I got a few different ones the other day to add to my water, I love them!
alisia lycide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #24
Wordwok
Rabid Fangirl since 1992

I agree with the people saying tea! I like green tea, but it doesn't have a strong enough taste to hide food tastes. (I do the same thing. ^^) Milk tea is good, too, and you could always add honey. Honey is a healthy sugar (I think.) ^^'
Wordwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #25
ForeverrCaitlin

I suggest coconut water by either Mi Coco or Real 100% (not sure of the brand name, but it's in a glass bottle with a green matte wrapper) I find coconut water tastes best from glass bottles. Also tea! I love tea, if you buy raspberry or cinnamon plum tea (tea bags) they taste sweet and don't need sugar, cinnamon tea is another good one. Just take some cinnamon sticks and boil them in a pot of water until the water turns pink-ish/red and add just a little bit of brown sugar, strain and enjoy! Also have you tried Truvia? It's a natural sweetener made from the stevia plant, agave nectar is a good natural sweetener as well.
You could also try a glass of ice water with lemon juice in it.
ForeverrCaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #26
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Keeping in mind that the OP's problem has to do with finding beverages at work, I'm not sure loose leaf tea is the best option. I love it too, but the OP is mainly talking about drinks at work.

OP, you said you drink juice at hone. Maybe you can bring a thermos of that. If your work doesn't have q breakroom with a fridge, it still shouldnt spoil over the course of one day

If you have acess to a microwave and ice at work, you can make your own single serving iced tea. just make a more concentrated serving of tea and pour over a glass of ice cubes and stir like mad. While loose leaf is great for "true" tea, an herbal or fruit tea will be just fine in a bag.

I am a lover of fruit and herbal teas, and I find that they still have the same fruit taste and strength of flavor straight up. If you need a sweeter, I don't know about packets of sugar, but a sugar cube only has about 10-20cal, so in moderation it won't kill your diet
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #27
Seority
Love and tolerance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkai View Post

My suggestion is to go with tea (I agree that loose leaf is much more flavorful)
Have any brand names to state for the loose leaf tea? I drink green and earl grey tea, but both are bagged. I'd like to taste this "loose leaf" tea. ^^
Seority is offline   Reply With Quote