Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 01-27-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
Funtom Rabbit

Review: electroviolent

I'm a little late with my review, but here it is...I took a commission from her after finding her ad. http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...t/55508/cat/16

And in the found myself ripped off. Judging from her pictures you think you would get quality work, but when you open the mail...You will find a cosplay that looks as if someone just started 2 days before a convention, folded their arms, and then thought "close enough".

Paid her in November...didn't recieve cosplay, until after convention. (When it was needed)
Funtom Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
Necara
The Neccapotamus

Do you perhaps mean electroviolet?

The same thing happened with me. She won't even give me a full refund for sending back the costume!
Necara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
Lyhra

I just received my cosplay ordered by Electroviolet and I must say it looks just great!
I ordered "Hextech Janna" from League of Legends online game.
The corset fits perfect, the details on it are just like the reference pics I gave her.
The other parts she made (some are handmade, some are adjusted clothes) fit great, except for the pants (sort of hotpants). The fabric was a bit see-through, but she told me this over mail.
She mailed me a lot about how I wanted certain details, how I wanted the fabrics, which colors I wanted, etc.
It's the first time I ordered a costume over the internet, and I'd do it all over again!
The price she is asking is not high compared to others on the internet and I'm very happy about the quality of the costume!
I got the costume on monday, with the convention being next Sat/sun, on time, like I asked.
If you'd like pictures of my costume feel free to pm me, I'll gladly send you one! (or upload myself after this weekend's convention!)
Lyhra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #4
igothicrose
Gothic Girl

My experience is similar to that of Lyhra
The costume I ordered her (Amy sorel from Soul Calibur 4) is very nice!!! It fits perfectly and doesn't look as cheap or low quality. I am very satisfied with the result, I also want to add that she is always friendly, accurate and available to any changes (in fact always asks how every detail needs to be done, which is to use the fabric, the color, the shape, everything!),
And my deadline has been respected.

I recommend her to everyone!

Last edited by igothicrose : 01-10-2013 at 04:10 PM.
igothicrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
thelovelysin
Informant

Funtom Rabbit, do you have pictures of the costume she sent?
thelovelysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
electroViolet
Needles Destroyer

I think it's rather unfair to post something like that along with the review[which was what, a YEAR after we finished that deal?], saying that this costume was worthless and so on and not backing that up with photos. I don't know how could i 'fool' anyone with them, as they rather clearly showed specific pieces of that costume. I understand that it didn't meet client's standarts and expectations and i'm trully sorry for that.
For all interested in this case i can post those pics here and you will judge for yourself.
I admit it wasn't the best craft as it ws my first costume made for someone else and i may have messed up with proportions as the client's figure was so very different from mine. But i think this costume deserves C- as i look at it in retrospection.