Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-28-2012, 11:22 PM   #31
Teelato

Oh man, my friends got me into playing Touhou and I've seriously fallen in love.
I mean, I was familiar with the characters and fandom before, but THESE GAMES.
I never knew how addicting bullet hells were.

I always play as Marisa, so in to thank her for being such a great partner to me I've decided to cosplay her!
It should be pretty straightforward and easy, but I'm sorta scared to wear a blonde wig.
It's not exactly the most flattering hair color for my skin tone.
But for Marisa, I'll go for it anyway!
Teelato is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #32
Honestcat
Love me do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelato View Post
Oh man, my friends got me into playing Touhou and I've seriously fallen in love.
I mean, I was familiar with the characters and fandom before, but THESE GAMES.
I never knew how addicting bullet hells were.

I always play as Marisa, so in to thank her for being such a great partner to me I've decided to cosplay her!
It should be pretty straightforward and easy, but I'm sorta scared to wear a blonde wig.
It's not exactly the most flattering hair color for my skin tone.
But for Marisa, I'll go for it anyway!
Oh god I know. They can be deadly to a college student though. I am trying my damnedest to resist putting them on my new computer, so that way I only play at home instead of in class. Though I'm going to have to put them back on for a panel I'm (apparently) running for my college's convention. We'll see how that works out for my grades. xD

Also, I think you'll make a cute blonde! You're skin tone has an almost golden glow to it, so it will really just glow with your skin. Also, you look good with white hair (when you cosplayed Phi, which is awesome), so it's safe to say that you'll make a great Marisa!
Yukiho Hagiwarafrom the iDOLM@STER- 100%
Suzuko Kanzaki (casual) from AKB0048- 100%
Yuuka Kazami from Touhou Project- 100%
RED Medic from Team Fortress 2- the progress never stops
Suit!Alibaba from Magi: the Labyrinth of Magic- 100%

thepompouspickle.tumblr.com
Next conventions: Otabutts, Anime Weekend Atlanta, Nekocon?
Honestcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #33
Teelato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestcat View Post
Oh god I know. They can be deadly to a college student though. I am trying my damnedest to resist putting them on my new computer, so that way I only play at home instead of in class. Though I'm going to have to put them back on for a panel I'm (apparently) running for my college's convention. We'll see how that works out for my grades. xD

Also, I think you'll make a cute blonde! You're skin tone has an almost golden glow to it, so it will really just glow with your skin. Also, you look good with white hair (when you cosplayed Phi, which is awesome), so it's safe to say that you'll make a great Marisa!
Oooh, good luck! I've been cutting it real close with my grades lately, since I've found myself prioritizing Touhou over homework. Whoops. It's alright, somehow I've been grazing my way through it, though!

(Ahhh yay someone finally recognized my Phi cosplay that's so neat)
Well, I got myself a blonde wig for a Nino from Arakawa Under the Bridge cosplay, and uh... it didn't look the greatest on me. Though, thinking over it again, maybe it wasn't so much the color, but the middle-part that just wasn't working for me. Thanks, though! You've made me feel a whole lot more confident about this cosplay now!
Teelato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #34
LightKanako

Quote:
Originally Posted by akishiko View Post
Hm, did you download the games? I really wanna start playing them but I don't know where to download them lol

Anyways, I still hope I can do Flandre this year. I was thinking of getting a short wig (To reuse as Rin from Vocaloid) and getting extensions to make the ponytail. OR I can get a wig that has 2 curly pigtails and just use one of them lol what do you think?
Yeah, I think I downloaded them from megaupload though so that won't work anymore. ;.; stupid new laws...

Hmm... I think you should go with the extension :3 it would be much easier to take care of and would probably look nicer!

I have fairly thin hair with a side part, and I'm not really sure how I'm gunna get my hair like Utsuho's? I'm gunna grow it out and redye it (it was darker before), but I'm not sure how to get my bangs like that o.o;;

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...icture5955.jpg
LightKanako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #35
Liz Nightbug
Protean Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightKanako View Post
I have fairly thin hair with a side part, and I'm not really sure how I'm gunna get my hair like Utsuho's? I'm gunna grow it out and redye it (it was darker before), but I'm not sure how to get my bangs like that o.o;;

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...icture5955.jpg
Based on that picture, I'd really suggest you get a wig. Utsuho's hair is long to the point where it would take a very, very long time to get it that length, and very thick based on ZUN's picture. Also, she doesn't have a side part. I could help you find some appropriate wigs if you'd like. c:
Unread 02-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #36
LightKanako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Nightbug View Post
Based on that picture, I'd really suggest you get a wig. Utsuho's hair is long to the point where it would take a very, very long time to get it that length, and very thick based on ZUN's picture. Also, she doesn't have a side part. I could help you find some appropriate wigs if you'd like. c:
You're probably right... o.o;;

Sure! That would be very nice :3
Unread 02-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #37
Kayu-sama

I've cosplayed Reisen from 10.5 and will also be doing her outfit from 8 soon. Gotta love that rabbit. @w@ I've also considered Wriggle, Murasa, and Hatate.
Kayu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #38
Alucardalina
Touhou Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Nightbug View Post
I'm going to agree with Liz here. Not only because wigs tend to look better for cosplays, but I like the color and style of your hair on you as you have it now! <3

Please like my Facebook cosplay page if you like my cosplays!
Alucardalina Cosplay

Con Updates!
Momocon 2013
Art Critic Rarity - MLP:FIM
Alucardalina Claire - Guild Wars 2
Eirin - Touhou
Alucardalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #39
LightKanako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucardalina View Post
I'm going to agree with Liz here. Not only because wigs tend to look better for cosplays, but I like the color and style of your hair on you as you have it now! <3
That's sweet! Thank you! <3 :"D
Unread 03-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #40
Koonlei

I plan on cosplaying (well crossplaying) Remilia for my first cosplay. She's always been my favorite in the games and this is my way of saying thanks.
As for playing the games, you could say that i'm good at them i.e. 1cc on Lunatic (usually . Though I haven't played them in a couple of months due to school.
Koonlei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #41
Truth-chan
Cliche

*Needs help with her Renko cosplay*
^ Can anyone help with that?

And I've played the iPod version of Imperishable Night.
For now, no conventions for 2012 are in mind. I'm waiting to see if I'm able to go to Japan this summer instead. Still making my cosplays, though. Maybe next year or late this year I'll start con planning~
COSPLAYS:
Miku Hatsune - FINISHED.
Matryoshka!Miku - FINISHED.
Jade Harley - Stalled.
Yuzuki Yukari - Planning.
Renko (Touhou) - Started.
Truth-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #42
Alucardalina
Touhou Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth-chan View Post
*Needs help with her Renko cosplay*
^ Can anyone help with that?

And I've played the iPod version of Imperishable Night.
I would suggest looking in thrift stores, but that's really the only advice I can give.
I know some costume stores have hats that look like that sometimes.

Alucardalina Cosplay

Con Updates!
Momocon 2013
Eirin - Touhou
Unread 04-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #43
marshmallowpie
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrling

Just finished making Yuuka's outfit! Reisen was my first cosplay, two years ago, and I've been wanting to do another Touhou cosplay ever since, but never did, until now, that is. I still need to find some shoes and order the wig though.
Unread 12-01-2012, 01:10 AM   #44
Alucardalina
Touhou Cosplayer

This thread has sunk so far back!!!

So I've come to help liven it up!
Anyone here working on costumes for the series? Which ones?

I'm working on both Eirin and Youmu right now (Remaking my Youmu). I hope to have them both done by March at least, which shouldn't be a problem, but I need to be a little more motivated!

Alucardalina Cosplay

Con Updates!
Momocon 2013
Eirin - Touhou
Unread 12-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #45
Shirogitsune
Mischievous

I'm hoping to cosplay Ran for Acen 2013 since she's pretty much my dream touhou cosplay. I just started working on the tails last weekend. Hopefully they'll be nice and fluffy when I'm finished with them.
Shirogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote