Go Back   Cosplay.com > Usergroup Forums > Usergroup Discussion and Recruitment

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-21-2009, 04:48 AM   #76
Aqua's Rhapsody
FIERCE!

My sister just got accepted to FIDM and she wants to major in fashion design[she has no interest in cosplay whatsoever]. I on the other hand am looking at the North Carolina School of the Arts, and would like to major in Costume Design.
Aqua's Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #77
Kralice
SynnyK1tt3n

Fashion has always been a huge passion for me.
I was going to apply to the IADT here in Toronto but have found my home buisness keeping me very busy but I do need to get cracking on my CosPlay making skills fast ^^

Fan Expo 2013
Fluttershy1%
Karen&Vileplume1%

Kralice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #78
xxbabyjenksxx
Akatsuki Cloud Envy

I'll be switching my major over to fashion design in the spring if I don't get into the disney college program (crosses fingers). I need to find a good college thats affordable in my area though. The one I goto now has a fashion department but its not well developed T.T. Any one know of some in the NY/PA area? I don't want to go too far from home so anything within 5-6 hours of Western NY/Upstate NY would be amazing!

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination(I did)

DeviantArt:
http://ichiruhatake.deviantart.com/ - more pics of cosplays

Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/xxbabyjenks666xx - amvs and con slide shows
xxbabyjenksxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 06:47 PM   #79
Jaxx Sentinel
The gunslinger samurai

This is pretty cool! =3 I'm currently studying costume and prop design at Monmouth college and plan on using my skills in the future as a prop or effect master later x,x. I may get a minor in tech theator but it all depends on if my school supports it next year

CEO of Regalia Productions
Please follow / like us on
https://www.facebook.com/RegaliaProductions
regaliaproductions-inc.tumblr.com/
https://twitter.com/RegaliaProINC

Or follow my personal works at :
Jaxxsentinel.Deviantart.com :3!
Jaxx Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #80
Champuro
PINK ROYALE! Cosplay

Future fashion major here - I'm applying to the Pratt Institute's BFA program in just a couple weeks, as well as to Parsons although Parsons is really far too uptight for my liking.

I'm more interested in pursuing costume design, though, but I really don't want a theatre degree which seems to be the only way to get a Bachelors in that vein. Are there any colleges out there that offer a specific costume design program that is bachelor-granting and not associates-granting?

Megacon 2014| Metrocon 2014
PINK ROYALE! Cosplay

Last edited by Champuro : 10-03-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Champuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2009, 10:41 PM   #81
amariel
Lady in Waiting

I'm currently in the process of applying to the costume studies program at Dalhousie in Nova Scotia. Very excited, hope all goes well. ^^
amariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #82
Hiryuu
Go BIG or go home!

I go to SCAD for fashion design It's hard...but I like it.
Unread 10-18-2009, 11:09 PM   #83
dulsaly

Great, now people are botting for this title. Means my efforts of actually working for it were in vain.
dulsaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 08:21 AM   #84
Hiryuu
Go BIG or go home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulsaly View Post
Great, now people are botting for this title. Means my efforts of actually working for it were in vain.
You think we students aren't working for it? You're sorely mistaken. I've been in Fashion now for six years, not just for some fancy title. Fashion is hard, cut throat, and demanding. If you're not tough and able to work, you won't make it. All of us put effort in. Fashion is a more revolving business now so of course there will be more people joining in. Some won't make it, and some will. I think cosplayers are the most qualified to do fashion design, because of how we have to make things work for a costume. You should never discredit someone before you see their talent.
Unread 10-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #85
hegx

Smile BA(Hons) Fashion Studies

I am studying for a BA(Hons) degree in fashion in England...
I did my GCSEs and A levels and then went on to do a 1-year Art and Design foundation degree.
I then did 2 years of my degree ... Took a year out to work in the fashion industry ... and now I'm in my last year.
My advice to anyone interested in a career in fashion or costume design - GET INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE! If you can get a sandwich course which allows you to take a year out between your 2nd and 3rd years it is so worth it! If your course doesn't offer that, you can usually "intercollate" which is just postponing your last year (not actually leaving college/uni)
I had some paid work experience, mostly unpaid but I worked hard full time for 15 months and it has benefited me soooo much!
I know it makes getting your qualification further away, but when you graduate your are so much more likely to get a job!!
If anyone wants any advice or anything about this just ask
hegx xx
hegx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #86
CherryMewMewNya

I go to Parsons for Fashion Design and am FINALLY in my senior year haha. This NYCC/NYAF is going to be my first time cosplaying actually so I'm excited. Sometimes i rather work on my costume then my senior thesis but thats a whole nother can of worms. Nice to see some Fashion Design students up in here. REPRESENT!
CherryMewMewNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 01:20 AM   #87
colleenmcguirk
costumer

it is good to see some FD major in here!
I went to Virginia Marti College here in Cleveland. got my Associates in Fashion design. cosplay was never brought up, so im in eager to learn all about it!!
love from the 216.
Unread 10-30-2011, 12:14 AM   #88
princelysoft
Nina

Hey there! First year in FD & Industry at UNID Mexico. I'm actually here with a question for the majority here.

Among the costume industries, which one in your opinion, is the best for internship?

Medicine Seller
Sebastian Michaelis
Female Heroine
+ Moar

GO‼
princelysoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 10:27 PM   #89
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I'm a junior in high school this year and I've been looking at colleges since last summer. I'm really and truly hoping that whatever school I end up going to has some sort of fashion or costume design, because I want to double major in biomedical engineering and fashion/costume design. I actually spent a while looking through the programs Tisch has to offer, and they said, "Now, if you’re already enrolled in a college or university, consider spending a spring semester with us. Spring at Tisch offers you the opportunity to study Acting, Cinema Studies, Dramatic Writing, Film Production, Photography & Imaging, and Theatre Production & Design. It’s an unforgettable experience, and you may decide you want to stay for the summer or maybe longer. We’ll talk." so I'm really hoping that I can do that, because the head of design for stage and film is Susan Hilferty and I absolutely adore her.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 11:14 PM   #90
Ja Zoo Spider
Seraph Dynamite

Hi~!

I'm almost through with my undergrad degree, a BFA in Theatre Technical and Design with an emphasis in costume design. Afterward, I intend to pursue a Master's in fashion design, possibly at RISD or FIDM.

"TO DO" LIST

You may have seen me at:
AC-Cubed 2007
Fanime 2010
Mechacon 2012
Wizard World Comic Con 2012
Ja Zoo Spider is offline   Reply With Quote